• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I just installed the new program and everything went well. I tried to use fill tags to fill in the product tags (since we don't have mfg or categories) and it says All Product Tags Filled, but nothing shows up.

<title></title>
<meta name="Description" content="" />
<meta name="Keywords" content="" />

The default will work if I set it to, but I really need the product names/descriptions etc in those particular pages.

I'd rather not do another install of this as it was long. Any ideas for a quick fix or a way to test what's wrong?

Thanks!

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok for some reason I got it to work now. I knew once I posted it would suddenly want to cooperate. Isn't that the way computers always are?

anyway I went to the page controller and for product_info.php I only selected Product box with sort order 1. Then it filled in the title of each product on each product page. I also went to fill tags and selected default description and default keywords (although they are currently blank) and clicked Product > fill empty tags. It did not say anything was filled so I'm not sure if it did anything or not.

When I viewed the page source, I can see the product name entered for Title, Description and Keywords, although I'd like to have the product description entered for the description. In any event it seems to be working, although not the way it should. I guess the main method of troubleshooting is to fool around with it a bit and then see what happens.

Jack,

Thanks - I found the problem. The file is empty and when the auto add page function checks for new files and runs across a file which is blank/empty it will produce this error message. Maybe in the a future relaese you can check it the file is empty/blank before the add new file - just a suggestion.

Thanks Again!

Jon

Thanks for letting me know. But I'm curious as to why there would be an empty file on the server?

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

ok for some reason I got it to work now. I knew once I posted it would suddenly want to cooperate. Isn't that the way computers always are?

anyway I went to the page controller and for product_info.php I only selected Product box with sort order 1. Then it filled in the title of each product on each product page. I also went to fill tags and selected default description and default keywords (although they are currently blank) and clicked Product > fill empty tags. It did not say anything was filled so I'm not sure if it did anything or not.

When I viewed the page source, I can see the product name entered for Title, Description and Keywords, although I'd like to have the product description entered for the description. In any event it seems to be working, although not the way it should. I guess the main method of troubleshooting is to fool around with it a bit and then see what happens.

When you ran fill tags, there should a been a message in the bottom of the last box on the page saying the items were filled. As for viewing the source, did you view it with the admin view option in Page Control, or via the View Source of a browser? The first method won't fully work for the product page since part of the result depends on the product that is loaded.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

When you ran fill tags, there should a been a message in the bottom of the last box on the page saying the items were filled. As for viewing the source, did you view it with the admin view option in Page Control, or via the View Source of a browser? The first method won't fully work for the product page since part of the result depends on the product that is loaded.

Jack

Yes it kept saying "Product Tags Filled" or whatever at the bottom, yet nothing showed up - I was viewing in my browser.

Then I went through the installation instruction files again and noticed that I could go to Admin > Catalog > Categories (or Manufacturer, etc.) and fill things in there. Since we have no categories or mfg, I can only to to edit Products. I noticed that for each product, the 3 fields were filled in with the Product Title.

This particular store only has 11 products, so I can easily complete the tags manually for those pages and then do the About Us etc via the Tags Admin.

Then I went to Fill Tags again and started playing with it. I got it to actually fill in the Title (Product Name), Description (Taken from the page) and Keywords (which I added to because I want to boost rankings). So all in all it DID work, but I had to fiddle with it a bit and only take baby steps at first. I think - and something I believe I've read in this thread - is that it takes a certain amount of time for these things to show up... (?) Should be automatically made on the server and show immediately, which at the end it did, but I think waiting and being patient definitely helps or it's too easy to get frustrated.

I think this is a GREAT contribution and am installing it on another store using STS right now. ok back to work. Thanks Jack!!! :thumbsup:

Hi!

This is a helpfull and great contribution, but I have a litlte problem!

I try to use the "Add a Pseudo Page" function, but i cant get it to work with information pages unlimited.

I ran add missing page and information.php is there with its own tags, then i add information.php?info_id=5 in the pseudo box and update.

Then I select information.php?info_id=5 from the drop down box and add tags.

Then.... When i select the information page with id 5 i got the tags from the information.php file instead of the id =5 page.

I use SEO urls and have rewriting enabled. The url that shows in browser is testpage-i-5.html and accessing this url "information.php?info_id=5" is rewriting to testpage-i-6.html

I can see the Tags in the database what I entered to "information.php?info_id=5" (dropdownlist) and looks like everythings fine in the database like other pages.

I tried to look up the answer but I did not find one like that what would work for me.

Is there a solution to this or is pseudo not intended to work this way or am i doing something wrong.

Thanks, Acid

It sounds like you did everything correctly. Did you edit the information.php?info_id=5 entry in page control so it has its own title and tags? Did you run the test routine? Can you make a change to some other page in page control and have it show up on the site?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello - I believe the problem you found is in the table (layouts and tags) for the index.php and the product_info.php. I did all of my updates maunally following the instructions very close, but since I started with a 3rd party template I had to make a lot of re-write for most of the these tow files so that my site would not look bad. Take a look at the table tags and make sure that they will work with your site's codes: just in case, when I say table tags I am talking about things like: <tr> </tr> <td> </td> - things like that. There are so many templates out there...

Other then that the contribution works great!

Hope that helps some!

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought I was making sure I kept all the table tags in order but I obviously made some mistakes ;) . I'm going to do a fresh install and start over tomorrow. Maybe by walking away I'll get it right. If not I'll be back. Thanks again!

Well I am getting ready to tackle this extensive contrib after looking through the package. Only question that pops out for me is that after using the google ping link do I need to do that every time the shops content updates or do I only need to use the ping link one time to register the site map with google?

I don't kow what you mean by "google ping link." There is nothing to change once the contribution is installed and setup.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you have not already submitted the sitemap index to Google click the link below.

Before you do I HIGHLY recommend that you view the XML files to make sure the data is correct.

http://www. google. com/webmasters/sitemaps/ping?sitemap=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mysite.com%2Fsitemapindex.xml

This is the section generated after going to /googlesitemap/index.php

Edited by XxWickedxX

It sounds like you did everything correctly. Did you edit the information.php?info_id=5 entry in page control so it has its own title and tags? Did you run the test routine? Can you make a change to some other page in page control and have it show up on the site?

Jack

- Yes I can edit pseudo pages tags in page control and save it to database!

- I tried add another pseudo pages, and got a same problem.

- The test routine dont sow problem whit information.php or pseudo information pages.

- The non-pseudo pages works fine and show correctly.

One thing: In the pseudo pages show this "information.php?info_id=5. - Magyar" in page control after I add them in database.

The "- Magyar" it means Hungarian language. Maybe the problems found here? maybe language routing problem in pseudo pages?

I dont know, I'm not so good for codeing.

I use only one language in my shop and all other pages work correctly.

Sorry for my English

Cheers

Edited by acidrush

- Yes I can edit pseudo pages tags in page control and save it to database!

- I tried add another pseudo pages, and got a same problem.

- The test routine dont sow problem whit information.php or pseudo information pages.

- The non-pseudo pages works fine and show correctly.

Take a look at the includes/header_tags.php file and find the line that starts with // information.php. Does it have this code after it
	$page = 'information.php?info_id=';

If not, the page isn't being added to the file. Also make sure the root checkbox is set for the pseudo page in page control.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Take a look at the includes/header_tags.php file and find the line that starts with // information.php. Does it have this code after it
	$page = 'information.php?info_id=';

If not, the page isn't being added to the file. Also make sure the root checkbox is set for the pseudo page in page control.

Jack

Sorry but I dont see this line (// information.php) in header_tags.php

My header_tags.php in catalog/inculdes/ looks like this:

<?php
/*
 $Id: header_tags_seo.php,v 3.0 2008/01/10 by Jack_mcs

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/ 

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php'); 
require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php'); // Clean out HTML comments from ALT tags etc.

$header_tags_array = array();
$sortOrder = array();
$tmpTags = array();

$defaultTags_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT . " where language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$defaultTags = tep_db_fetch_array($defaultTags_query);
$tmpTags['def_title']	 =  (tep_not_null($defaultTags['default_title'])) ? $defaultTags['default_title'] : '';
$tmpTags['def_desc']	  =  (tep_not_null($defaultTags['default_description'])) ? $defaultTags['default_description'] : '';
$tmpTags['def_keywords']  =  (tep_not_null($defaultTags['default_keywords'])) ? $defaultTags['default_keywords'] : '';
$tmpTags['def_logo_text'] =  (tep_not_null($defaultTags['default_logo_text'])) ? $defaultTags['default_logo_text'] : '';

// Define specific settings per page: 
switch (true) {
 // INDEX.PHP
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_DEFAULT):
$pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS . " where page_name like '" . FILENAME_DEFAULT . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$pageTags = tep_db_fetch_array($pageTags_query);

$catStr = "select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, categories_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, categories_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";
$manStr = "select mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id where m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$_GET['manufacturers_id'] . "' and mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";

if ($pageTags['append_root'] || $category_depth == 'top' && ! isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) )
{
  $sortOrder['title'][$pageTags['sortorder_root']] = $pageTags['page_title']; 
  $sortOrder['description'][$pageTags['sortorder_root']] = $pageTags['page_description']; 
  $sortOrder['keywords'][$pageTags['sortorder_root']] = $pageTags['page_keywords']; 
  $sortOrder['logo'][$pageTags['sortorder_root']] = $pageTags['page_logo'];
}

$sortOrder = GetCategoryAndManufacturer($sortOrder, $pageTags, $defaultTags, $catStr, $manStr);

if ($pageTags['append_default_title'] && tep_not_null($tmpTags['def_title'])) $sortOrder['title'][$pageTags['sortorder_title']] = $tmpTags['def_title'];
if ($pageTags['append_default_description'] && tep_not_null($tmpTags['def_desc'])) $sortOrder['description'][$pageTags['sortorder_description']] = $tmpTags['def_desc'];
if ($pageTags['append_default_keywords'] && tep_not_null($tmpTags['def_keywords'])) $sortOrder['keywords'][$pageTags['sortorder_keywords']] = $tmpTags['def_keywords'];
if ($pageTags['append_default_logo'] && tep_not_null($tmpTags['def_logo_text']))  $sortOrder['logo'][$pageTags['sortorder_logo']] = $tmpTags['def_logo_text'];

FillHeaderTagsArray($header_tags_array, $sortOrder);  

break;

// PRODUCT_INFO.PHP
 // PRODUCT_REVIEWS.PHP
 // PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO.PHP
 // PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE.PHP
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO):
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS):
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO):
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE):

switch (true)
{
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO):		  $filename = FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO;		  break;
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS):	   $filename = FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS;	   break;
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO):  $filename = FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO;  break;
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE): $filename = FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE; break;
 default: $filename = FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO;
} 
$pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS . " where page_name like '" . $filename . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$the_product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id where p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "' and pd.language_id ='" .  $languages_id . "'");
$the_product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($the_product_info_query);
$header_tags_array['product'] = $the_product_info['products_head_title_tag'];  //save for use on the logo
$tmpTags['prod_title'] = (tep_not_null($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag'])) ? $the_product_info['products_head_title_tag'] : '';
$tmpTags['prod_desc'] = (tep_not_null($the_product_info['products_head_desc_tag'])) ? $the_product_info['products_head_desc_tag'] : '';
$tmpTags['prod_keywords'] = (tep_not_null($the_product_info['products_head_keywords_tag'])) ? $the_product_info['products_head_keywords_tag'] : '';

$catStr = "select c.categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, c.categories_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, c.categories_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where c.categories_id = p2c.categories_id and p2c.products_id = '" . (int)$the_product_info['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";
$manStr = "select mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id  where m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$the_product_info['manufacturers_id'] . "' and mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' LIMIT 1";

if ($pageTags['append_root'])
{
  $sortOrder['description'][$pageTags['sortorder_root']] = $pageTags['page_description']; 
  $sortOrder['keywords'][$pageTags['sortorder_root']] = $pageTags['page_keywords'];
}

if ($pageTags['append_product'])
{	
  $sortOrder['title'][$pageTags['sortorder_product']] = $tmpTags['prod_title'];  //places the product title at the end of the list
  $sortOrder['description'][$pageTags['sortorder_product']] = $tmpTags['prod_desc'];
  $sortOrder['keywords'][$pageTags['sortorder_product']] = $tmpTags['prod_keywords']; 
  $sortOrder['logo'][$pageTags['sortorder_product']] = $tmpTags['prod_title'];
}

$sortOrder = GetCategoryAndManufacturer($sortOrder, $pageTags, $defaultTags, $catStr, $manStr, true);
if ($pageTags['append_default_title'] && tep_not_null($tmpTags['def_title'])) $sortOrder['title'][$pageTags['sortorder_title']] = $tmpTags['def_title'];
if ($pageTags['append_default_description'] && tep_not_null($tmpTags['def_desc'])) $sortOrder['description'][$pageTags['sortorder_description']] = $tmpTags['def_desc'];
if ($pageTags['append_default_keywords'] && tep_not_null($tmpTags['def_keywords'])) $sortOrder['keywords'][$pageTags['sortorder_keywords']] = $tmpTags['def_keywords'];
if ($pageTags['append_default_logo'] && tep_not_null($tmpTags['def_logo_text']))  $sortOrder['logo'][$pageTags['sortorder_logo']] = $tmpTags['def_logo_text'];

break;

// SPECIALS.PHP
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_SPECIALS):
$pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS . " where page_name like '" . FILENAME_SPECIALS . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

// Build a list of ALL specials product names to put in keywords
$new = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added DESC ");
$row = 0;
$the_specials='';
while ($new_values = tep_db_fetch_array($new)) {
  $the_specials .= clean_html_comments($new_values['products_name']) . ', ';
}

if (strlen($the_specials) > 30000)				  //arbitrary number - may vary with server setting
 $the_specials = substr($the_specials, 0, 30000);   //adjust as needed

if ($pageTags['append_root'])
{
}

$sortOrder['keywords'][10] = $the_specials;; 

break;

// ALL OTHER PAGES NOT DEFINED ABOVE
 default:
$header_tags_array['title'] = tep_db_prepare_input($defaultTags['default_title']);
$header_tags_array['desc'] = tep_db_prepare_input($defaultTags['default_description']);
$header_tags_array['keywords'] = tep_db_prepare_input($defaultTags['default_keywords']);
break;
 }	

echo ' <title>' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '</title>' . "\n";
echo ' <meta name="Title" content="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . "\n"; // saját
echo ' <meta name="Description" content="' . $header_tags_array['desc'] . '">' . "\n";
echo ' <meta name="Keywords" content="' . $header_tags_array['keywords'] . '">' . "\n";
echo ' <meta name="Author" content="xxxxx.">' . "\n"; // saját
echo ' <meta name="Generator" content="xxxxx.hu">' . "\n"; // saját
if ($defaultTags['meta_google'])   echo ' <meta name="googlebot" content="all">' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_language']) echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="hu">'."\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_noodp'])	echo ' <meta name="robots" content="noodp">' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_noydir'])   echo ' <meta name="slurp" content="noydir">' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_revisit'])  echo ' <meta name="revisit-after" content="3 days">' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_robots'])   echo ' <meta name="robots" content="index, follow">' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_unspam'])   echo ' <meta name="no-email-collection" value="' . HTTP_SERVER . '">' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_replyto'])  echo ' <meta name="Reply-to" content="' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '">' . "\n";

echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET  . '">'."\n";
echo '<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->' . "\n";
?>

Or i checked the wrong file?

---------------------------------------------------

The root checkbox is set for the pseudo page in page control.

Hi,

All seems to be working quite nicely, however, in my store I appear to have a superfluous breadcrumb in my trail inbetween the category and the product i.e.:

Catalog --> Category --> --> Product

I'm sure I've just missed something quite simple, but can't see it anywhere.

Sorry but I dont see this line (// information.php) in header_tags.php

My header_tags.php in catalog/inculdes/ looks like this:

Or i checked the wrong file?

---------------------------------------------------

The root checkbox is set for the pseudo page in page control.

That is what the original file looks like so it appears it is not being updated. The most likely reason is that the permissions are set incorrectly. You need to verify those are set correctly as explained in the installation files or this contribution won't work correctly. There is probably a failure indicating this in the test function too.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

All seems to be working quite nicely, however, in my store I appear to have a superfluous breadcrumb in my trail inbetween the category and the product i.e.:

Catalog --> Category --> --> Product

I'm sure I've just missed something quite simple, but can't see it anywhere.

You might have the manufacturers option enabled without the manufacturers being filled in correctly.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I hav installed Headger tag seo and think it is a great contribution. I have one question regarding the catergories discription. Although the discription appears on the page, for some reason it appears as one big paragraph. I would like to make the text a bit smaller as well as add paragraphs.

Can anyone advise how this can be done please?

Thanks and regards. Barry.

I have built an online store solely with the help of this forum.

That is what the original file looks like so it appears it is not being updated. The most likely reason is that the permissions are set incorrectly. You need to verify those are set correctly as explained in the installation files or this contribution won't work correctly. There is probably a failure indicating this in the test function too.

Jack

This mean:

I need setup the permission for header_tag.php to 777, or else php file's on my server?

Sorry but I dont understand all! :(

My translator machine (English to Hungarian) sending me too weird text.

Please forgive it that I am lame......

Jack

I changed the permission to 777 and got this code above the opening <?php tag in header_tag.php (also code start the first line in header_tag.php)

$page = 'information.php?info_id=5';
$parts = explode("?",$page);
$parts = explode("=", $parts[1]);
if (isset($parts[0])) {
 $found = false;
 $name = FILENAME_INFORMATION . "?" . $parts[0] . "=";
 $pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS . " where page_name like '" . $name . "%' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
  if (tep_db_num_rows($pageTags_query) > 0) {
   while($pageTags = tep_db_fetch_array($pageTags_query)) {
	if ($name . $_GET[$parts[0]] === $pageTags['page_name']) {
	 $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page($pageTags['page_name']);
	 $found = true;
	  break; 
 } } } 
 if (! $found)
  $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_INFORMATION);
} else

I think i need manual dropping down that after the <?php but I dont know where.

Have you any idea why put codes to wrong place!

If this code working I will be happy, but playing with this every time when i add new pseudo pages, this is not so funy! :(

Edited by acidrush

I think i need manual dropping down that after the <?php but I dont know where.

Have you any idea why put codes to wrong place!

If this code working I will be happy, but playing with this every time when i add new pseudo pages, this is not so funy! :(

Okay I experimented and puts the code onto good place now!

looks like this

// information.php
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_INFORMATION):
$page = 'information.php?info_id=5';
$parts = explode("?",$page);
$parts = explode("=", $parts[1]);
if (isset($parts[0])) {
 $found = false;
 $name = FILENAME_INFORMATION . "?" . $parts[0] . "=";
 $pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS . " where page_name like '" . $name . "%' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
  if (tep_db_num_rows($pageTags_query) > 0) {
   while($pageTags = tep_db_fetch_array($pageTags_query)) {
	if ($name . $_GET[$parts[0]] === $pageTags['page_name']) {
	 $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page($pageTags['page_name']);
	 $found = true;
	  break; 
 } } } 
 if (! $found)
} else
  break;

But the test page indicate this result

The number of file entries in the database (28) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (21).

A fájlok nem tartalmazzák a /header_tags.php fájlt: <---means dont have header tags installed on this pages.

advanced_search_result.php 1

advanced_search.php 2

aszf.php 3

product_infox.php 4 <--- not original product_info.php / not important

review_notice.php 5

shipping.php 6

28 - 21 = 7

The 7 is the information.php?info_id=5.

Not changed. The problem is the same. Show only information.php tags instead of information.php?info_id=5.

...and getting permission warning in admin after I changed 755 to 777

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Edited by acidrush

I hav installed Headger tag seo and think it is a great contribution. I have one question regarding the catergories discription. Although the discription appears on the page, for some reason it appears as one big paragraph. I would like to make the text a bit smaller as well as add paragraphs.

Can anyone advise how this can be done please?

Thanks and regards. Barry.

The font is controlled via the h2 class in stylesheet.css. As for formatting, you can enter html code in the description text or add an HTML editor and use that. There is code for the TinyMCE editor already in the category file that comes with the contribution to make installing that easir.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Okay I experimented and puts the code onto good place now!

But the test page indicate this result

The number of file entries in the database (28) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (21).

A fájlok nem tartalmazzák a /header_tags.php fájlt: <---means dont have header tags installed on this pages.

advanced_search_result.php 1

advanced_search.php 2

aszf.php 3

product_infox.php 4 <--- not original product_info.php / not important

review_notice.php 5

shipping.php 6

28 - 21 = 7

The 7 is the information.php?info_id=5.

Not changed. The problem is the same. Show only information.php tags instead of information.php?info_id=5.

...and getting permission warning in admin after I changed 755 to 777

:blink: :blink: :blink:

It's probably failing since you changed the conditions after the instalation. I suggest replacing the includes/header_tags.php file with the original, make sure its permissions are correct, then run the headertags_seo_uninstall.php and the headertags_seo_install.php files to reset the database. It should work after that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's probably failing since you changed the conditions after the instalation. I suggest replacing the includes/header_tags.php file with the original, make sure its permissions are correct, then run the headertags_seo_uninstall.php and the headertags_seo_install.php files to reset the database. It should work after that.

Jack

Hi Jack,

I have copied the files on a clean shop (including the tinyMC). - After that I have installed the Dutch languages files, kept the English and German and deleted Spanish.

Now the contri is only working correctly in English. Dutch and German do show the product tags but don't show the categories tags.

I have checked the database.

In categories_htc_description are some strange codes and question marks that seem to change.

Categories_htc_desc_tag and categories_htc_keywords_tag are correct but for some reason not comming up as tags in the source page.

What have I done wrong

Thanks in advance

Rene

Jack

Oh my god!

I have a live shop with so many tag information and spent too many hours to create it.

I may not do reinstall headertag tables data to database.

I think I do not force this thing then long.

Thank you so much for your help but this thing is not worth this much.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Acid

Edited by acidrush