• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Thanks Jack!

I do intend to use keywords for the product pages and such. After reading your post, however, I may change my mind and use keywords on the index page instead of my original plan.

But I run into this problem when setting up definitions on some of my pages...like, right now I'm setting up the 'Thank You" page (checkout_success) and I want to say "Thank you for shopiing It's Okay to Show Off" and I don't know how to get around that apostrophe.

What exactly did you replace it with above? It's hard to tell. Thanks!

******Okay, I found it! It's a " \ ", not a " / ".*******

Edited by vicster

Thanks Jack!

I do intend to use keywords for the product pages and such. After reading your post, however, I may change my mind and use keywords on the index page instead of my original plan.

But I run into this problem when setting up definitions on some of my pages...like, right now I'm setting up the 'Thank You" page (checkout_success) and I want to say "Thank you for shopiing It's Okay to Show Off" and I don't know how to get around that apostrophe.

What exactly did you replace it with above? It's hard to tell. Thanks!

******Okay, I found it! It's a " \ ", not a " / ".*******

You can't set the title for the checkout pages via Header Tags. It is restricted since the search engines should never get to those pages.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack,

I tried to uninstall but received this message:

1091 - Can't DROP 'products_head_title_tag'; check that column/key exists

ALTER TABLE products_description DROP products_head_title_tag

[TEP STOP]

So I updated as per your post and received this message:

Warning: mysql_fetch_field(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home1/rockpret/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 198

Header Tags Controller Setup

Database successfully updated!!!

Do I need to do anything about the warning above now that I updated? As I never actually installed Header Tags SEO (some how it magically appeared) do I now need to code changes as if I installed it or is it done (as I can access Header Tags SEO in my admin)? If I don't need to change anything how do I know it's all good?

Thanks

Edit: I guess I've partially answered my ? as I'm unable to access any of my products to edit in admin. I receive this message:

1054 - Unknown column 'pd.products_head_title_tag' in 'field list'

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_lrg, p.products_image_sm_1, p.products_image_xl_1, p.products_image_sm_2, p.products_image_xl_2, p.products_image_sm_3, p.products_image_xl_3, p.products_image_sm_4, p.products_image_xl_4, p.products_image_sm_5, p.products_image_xl_5, p.products_image_sm_6, p.products_image_xl_6, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id,products_group_access, p.products_price, p.products_price1, p.products_price2, p.products_price3, p.products_price4, p.products_price5, p.products_price6, p.products_price7, p.products_price8, p.products_price9, p.products_price10, p.products_price11, p.products_price1_qty, p.products_price2_qty, p.products_price3_qty, p.products_price4_qty, p.products_price5_qty, p.products_price6_qty, p.products_price7_qty, p.products_price8_qty, p.products_price9_qty, p.products_price10_qty, p.products_price11_qty, p.products_group_access from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '48' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

Edited by rockpretty

Hello fellows...

I have a little problem on my breadcrumbs links..

See the images below:

header%20tags%20seo%201.gif

The words "3.5 inch Screen MP4 MP3 Player" are from my Header Tags Category Title, as you can see on the other image below:

header%20tags%20seo%202.gif

So. I need to know how can i change the Header Tags Category Title from my breadcrumb and put the Category Name >> "3.5" MP4 Player" as showed on second Image.

Rafael

OScommerce Rocks!

I just installed this add-on, and get this error when going to the Categories page in admin:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/utopiawe/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 279

I've never used WinMerge, but I just DLed it to give it a whirl. Meanwhile, here's the chunk of code referenced by the above error:

lines 270-294

$languages = tep_get_languages();
	  for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
		$language_id = $languages[$i]['id'];

$sql_data_array = array('products_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id]),
								'short_desc' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['short_desc'][$language_id]),
								'products_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'][$language_id]),
								'products_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'][$language_id]));
								/* Header Tags SEO */
								'products_head_title_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])),
								'products_head_desc_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])),
								'products_head_keywords_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])));									 
								/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

if ($action == 'insert_product') {
		  $insert_sql_data = array('products_id' => $products_id,
								   'language_id' => $language_id);

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $insert_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array);
		} elseif ($action == 'update_product') {
		  tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
		}
	  }

I've got my admin/categories page, and the one from the HTSEO package (RC2) open in WinMerge now, but I'm not the reason for the error. I did have to modify the installation slightly in a couple spots, to acommodate the Short Descriptions add-on, perhaps that's it? I'll continue poking around, if anyone sees the problem, I'd appreciate any help. I don't really understand any of this coding stuff outside the HTML, and I'm nice and rusty on that, to boot! :)

Namasté,

Russ

One: people are not wearing enough hats. Two: matter is energy. In the universe, there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spiritual source which act upon a person's soul. However, this soul does not exist ab initio, as orthodox Christianity teaches. It has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved, owing to man's unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia.

Header Tags Controller Setup

Do I need to do anything about the warning above now that I updated? As I never actually installed Header Tags SEO

The above two statements have me confused. It appears that your shop may have had the Header Tags Controller contribution installed, or maybe that is what you are using.PLuse, since you've never installed Header Tags SEO, I don't know how to advise you. You need to figure out what contribution you have installed and what you are trying to install and go from there.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello fellows...

I have a little problem on my breadcrumbs links..

Rafael

There's not an option for that. You'll need to delete put the original breadcrumb code back in the includes/application_top.php file, assuming that that worked the way you wanted.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just installed this add-on, and get this error when going to the Categories page in admin:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/utopiawe/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 279

I've never used WinMerge, but I just DLed it to give it a whirl. Meanwhile, here's the chunk of code referenced by the above error:

lines 270-294

$languages = tep_get_languages();
	  for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
		$language_id = $languages[$i]['id'];

$sql_data_array = array('products_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id]),
								'short_desc' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['short_desc'][$language_id]),
								'products_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'][$language_id]),
								'products_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'][$language_id]));
								/* Header Tags SEO */
								'products_head_title_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])),
								'products_head_desc_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])),
								'products_head_keywords_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])));									 

if ($action == 'insert_product') {
		  $insert_sql_data = array('products_id' => $products_id,
								   'language_id' => $language_id);

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $insert_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array);
		} elseif ($action == 'update_product') {
		  tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
		}
	  }

I've got my admin/categories page, and the one from the HTSEO package (RC2) open in WinMerge now, but I'm not the reason for the error. I did have to modify the installation slightly in a couple spots, to acommodate the Short Descriptions add-on, perhaps that's it? I'll continue poking around, if anyone sees the problem, I'd appreciate any help. I don't really understand any of this coding stuff outside the HTML, and I'm nice and rusty on that, to boot! :)

Namasté,

Russ

I am not to sure, but try to replace the ; with , in

['products_url'][$language_id]));
								/* Header Tags SEO */

['products_url'][$language_id])),
								/* Header Tags SEO */

Yes its selected but not working on categories. only shows default title.
There have been several posts recently regarding this problem. I suggest reading through them to try to isolate the problem as I don't have any new ideas on the subject.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack

Thank's for that great contribution.

I have just a problem whith fckeditor.

I use it for my products description in admin.

So when i use fill tags and I check "Fill products meta description with Products Description"

and products "Fill all tags" all is ok but i have strange caracteres in admin products "Product Description Tag:"

exemple for one product

description in french

Envie d'offrir un cadeau original et qui plaira à coup sûr ? xxxxxx vous propose le chèque cadeau !

Le bénéficiaire disposera de toute la sélection de notre boutique pour choisir son cadeau et se faire plaisir !

Le chèque cadeau est aussi disponible pour des valeurs de 50 et 100 euros. Valeur : 25 euros

Product Description Tag

Envie d'offrir un cadeau original et qui plaira à coup sûr ? xxxxxvous propose le chèque cadeau !

Le bénéficiaire disposera de toute la sélection de notre boutique pour choisir son cadeau et se faire plaisir !

Le chèque cade

Have you an idea to corige that

I think header tags take the source html of text in fckeditor

Excuse my bad english and thank's for your response

Francois

Just want to share something.

After trying to get fck editor to work with HTC categori description i came up with 2 problems. One was the coding part where the fck editor was not willing to work with HTC textareas and the second was the width of the colum where to edit the categori description.

The coding i have not solved yet, but regarding the width i found where to change.

Fix to make use of full width on page when editing categories.

FInd in admin/categories.php at the end.

echo '			<td width="25%" valign="top">' . "\n";

Replace it with this.

echo ' <td> </td></tr>		 <tr>  <td width="100%" valign="top">' . "\n";

Now you will get the editing part below the categori listing in sted of on the right side. Makes it more easy to edit the categori description on a full width.

If it is helpfull it can be put into the install text at a later update.

And Thanks to Jack for this greate SEO contribution, and the coding standard is always easy to understand

Hello Jack

Thank's for that great contribution.

I have just a problem whith fckeditor.

I use it for my products description in admin.

Have you an idea to corige that

No, I'm sorry but I don't use that editor so I can't say what might be wrong. I know Header Tags does work with TinyMCE so the problem would appear to be with FCKEditor. Plus, Header Tags doesn't change anything with the products description field. You can try disabling the editor for that field and see if it works to determine where the problem lies.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Dont know if this is the right tread, but i am not sure witch tinymce tread to post in eighter.

I enabled tinymce for categori description in HTC, and it is loading fine.

I can open and put in text, but when saving it is clipping the characters.

If i write "test" it end up showing only the "t"

I have tryed both a new and old version of tinymce with same errors.

Hello

the probleme is from fckeditor.

i try

open admin-->fckeditor-->fckconfig.js

lines 65-66-67

there is

FCKConfig.ProcessHTMLEntities = true ;

FCKConfig.IncludeLatinEntities = true ;

FCKConfig.IncludeGreekEntities = true ;

replace with

FCKConfig.ProcessHTMLEntities = false ;

FCKConfig.IncludeLatinEntities = false ;

FCKConfig.IncludeGreekEntities = false ;

in article description just update all description

header tag

"Fill products meta description with Products Description" with number of caracteres

clear all tags

and products--fills tags

for me all is OK now

excuse my bad english!!

francois

Hi, i have been using this contribution for a while. I am able to modify the title, description and keyword of index page and product_info pages. However, is there a way to control the title, description and keywrods tag of product listing pages for each category?

Hi, i have been using this contribution for a while. I am able to modify the title, description and keyword of index page and product_info pages. However, is there a way to control the title, description and keywrods tag of product listing pages for each category?

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking but the index page is controlled via Page Control. For the categories, you can also edit them in admin->Catalog.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I was able to fix the first error in my categories.php file, now I'm getting a new one. In the admin side, if I click on "Catalog," the URL it tries to go to is:

www . utopiawellness.com/admin/categories.php?selected_box=catalog

I seem to recall reading that if the URL includes categories.php, I've done something wrong. The new error message is:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/utopiawe/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 728

Lines 698-740:

<?php
}
?>
	  <tr>
		<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_WEIGHT; ?></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_weight', $pInfo->products_weight); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <!-- gift card modification //-->
  <tr>
		<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_GIFT_CARD; ?></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . tep_draw_checkbox_field('gift_card', '1', ($pInfo->products_gift_card == '1') ? true : false) . TEXT_PRODUCTS_GIFT_CARD_INFORMATION; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <!-- end of gift card modification //-->
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_date_added', (tep_not_null($pInfo->products_date_added) ? $pInfo->products_date_added : date('Y-m-d'))) . tep_image_submit('button_preview.gif', IMAGE_PREVIEW) . '  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) ? '&pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] : '')) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>'; ?></td>
  </tr>
</table></form>
<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>	 
<?php
 } elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') { [color="#FF0000"]<--- line 728[/color]
if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
  $pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);
  $products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];
  $products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];
  $products_head_title_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'];
  $products_head_desc_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'];
  $products_head_keywords_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'];
  $products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];
} else {
  $product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");
  $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

In WinMerge, there is no difference between my file, and the "stock" categories.php file from the install package (RC2 version). If I remove the closing bracket "}" on line 728, then I get a T_ELSEIF error on the same line.

Additionally, using the "Test" feature in HTSEO, the following errors are shown:

Permissions Error:

Permissions settings for the /home/xxxxxx/public_html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server. (**This file is set to 755, I just double-checked, and I'm on a Linux/Apache server).

Missing Code in File

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

Language Mismatch Error:

Language ID 1 in default Header Tags table does not exist in the shops languages.

Language ID 1 in default Header Tags table does not exist in the shops languages.

Thanks in advance for any further insight as to what I'm screwing up here. I'm rotten at coding, however, I'm quite adept at copy & pasting. If needed, I can provide any further snippets, just say the word.

Namasté,

Russ

One: people are not wearing enough hats. Two: matter is energy. In the universe, there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spiritual source which act upon a person's soul. However, this soul does not exist ab initio, as orthodox Christianity teaches. It has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved, owing to man's unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia.

In WinMerge, there is no difference between my file, and the "stock" categories.php file from the install package (RC2 version). If I remove the closing bracket "}" on line 728, then I get a T_ELSEIF error on the same line.

Additionally, using the "Test" feature in HTSEO, the following errors are shown:

Language Mismatch Error:

For the first problem, try using the actual file from the contribuiton.

For the second, there should be a button to fix that error right after the message.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks, Jack. I installed the categories.php from the RC2 folder in the install package, and I no longer get the error message previously referenced. Should I just leave that file there as it is, or do I need to continue troubleshooting my modified categories.php? In my previous post, I should have said there is no difference between my categories.php and the one from the install package AT LINE 728. There are many other differences, due to other add-ons, I'd presume.

Namasté,

Russ

None of the options you added will work in the categories section if you use the included file so it shouldn't be used to run on

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons