• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Try running the test function to see if there are any errors.

Hi Jack,

thanks for your reply.

Problem was detected: I have "Clear Cache - Remove all Header Tags cache entries from the database" updated and now it works.

Many Many thanks, Mark.

It's from the update button. See around line 780 for this code

<td align="center"><?php echo (tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE) ) 

It comes from using the included function for a submit button. A name can be added but the x is added as the x coordinate anyway so it isn't needed.

Jack, thanks.

I fixed it and it was because that I replaced the default "tep_image_submit" with another modified function.

Everyone is changing the world.

Everyone is a world.

For everyone needs my help, PM or email if I amn't online.

Hi

I'm driving myself nuts now trying to set up the Silo box. The instructions suggest this: See admin->Header Tags SEO->Silo Control

I've looked in the Admin panel and in the file structure for something that looks like 'silo control'. All I see in the admin panel is 'Display Silo Links' - just on or off

Have I missed a step in the step-by-step upgrade from 3.1.2 to 3.2.3?

I'm driving myself nuts now trying to set up the Silo box. The instructions suggest this: See admin->Header Tags SEO->Silo Control

I've looked in the Admin panel and in the file structure for something that looks like 'silo control'. All I see in the admin panel is 'Display Silo Links' - just on or off

Have I missed a step in the step-by-step upgrade from 3.1.2 to 3.2.3?

It should be in the left column under Page Control. If it isn't there then the cause is probably because a mistake was made in the installation, you have an old version installed or are using a contribution like Access Levels where the files have to be enabled.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It should be in the left column under Page Control. If it isn't there then the cause is probably because a mistake was made in the installation, you have an old version installed or are using a contribution like Access Levels where the files have to be enabled.

Mmm, not there. Could you point me to the HT version that should have put it there please. I'll go over it again

Thanks

Mmm, not there. Could you point me to the HT version that should have put it there please. I'll go over it again

Search the Update_Docs directory for silo.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Search the Update_Docs directory for silo.

Hi. It's 3.1.8. I've run through it all again and I am not able to see the Silo Control option beneath the Header Tags SEO heading of the left column in Admin Panel. I see only Page Control, Fill Tags and Test

Could you point me to the file that puts that option in the list please. I've looked through header_tags_seo.php and its related functions file for Admin, but neither of these have the word 'silo' in them (from your latest HT download, not my shop)

Hi. It's 3.1.8. I've run through it all again and I am not able to see the Silo Control option beneath the Header Tags SEO heading of the left column in Admin Panel. I see only Page Control, Fill Tags and Test

Could you point me to the file that puts that option in the list please. I've looked through header_tags_seo.php and its related functions file for Admin, but neither of these have the word 'silo' in them (from your latest HT download, not my shop)

That would be the admin/includes/boxes/headertags.php file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That would be the admin/includes/boxes/headertags.php file.

It sure is smile.gif

I have the option there now. It's odd because now I see it, I remember it from an earlier in the step-by-step upgrade, so I wonder if have somehow over-written it in later versions. Oh well, it's back now so all is well

Thanks Jack - and thanks for being so prompt

I tried it hear and see the same thing. I don't use the editor so I never checked it. I will add it to the list of things to look at but don't know when I will get to it. If you fix it in the meantime, please post it hear.

THANK YOU, Jack for your response.

It's fairly high on my priority list, so I will certainly post here when I've fixed it. I'll also message you so you can post it to the contributions.

If you happen to get to it before me and think about it, I'd appreciate it if you would click my userid and send me a message.

AS AN FYI for you: I already looked at it enough to see that it's got to be a misplaced "}" on an if statement.

I'm going to run it through my php beautify this afternoon to see if that finds it by showing me the logical scope of the if statements once they're indented.

Thanks, again.

I really didn't want to make changes unless I knew it was an actual bug rather than an error on my end. :}

Geoff

Hi Jack,

After installing and viewing the page source I noticed that the conical url has 2 // at the end of it. Not sure why.

The base href url is correct though with just one /

Im using the sts 4.6-1 with no other addons and only <!--$headcontent--> in the head section

I thought it was just a config.php error but nothing changed

There is also 2 sets of <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

listed in the page source

Lastly when running the test is says that I have duplicate meta description when I don't

Here is my page source

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" >

<title></title>

<meta name="Description" content="" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="" >

<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-us" >

<meta name="googlebot" content="all" >

<meta name="robots" content="noodp" >

<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" >

<meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days" >

<meta name="robots" content="index, follow" >

<meta name="no-email-collection" value="http://www.com" >

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.com/oscommerce/demo//" >

<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

<base href="http://www.com/oscommerce/demo/">

Thanks for your time,

Eric

Edited by matrix2223

Hi Jack,

After installing and viewing the page source I noticed that the conical url has 2 // at the end of it. Not sure why.

The base href url is correct though with just one /

Im using the sts 4.6-1 with no other addons and only <!--$headcontent--> in the head section

I thought it was just a config.php error but nothing changed

There is also 2 sets of <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

listed in the page source

The // problem has been fixed in the next version. I can't say when I will get that uploaded but I will try for soon.

The only times I've seen a problem with duplicate tags is when there has been a mistake in the installation so you need to go over that. Maybe you included the <head> code in the files or have two <headcontent> instances in your template?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No Sir, I tripple checked all that before I posted.

heres my head content

<head>

$warning_header$

<!--$headcontent-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$templatedir$/style.css" />

</head>

Ill look through the rest of the files and make sure I didnt over write something I wasnt supposed to.

Thank Jack,

Eric

No Sir, I tripple checked all that before I posted.

You could try turning STS off to see if the duplicate code goes away. If it doesn't, then you know it isn't related to STS.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Jack, got a quick question for you...

If I want to add the products_model to the Title Tag can I do it just in the database using this?

update products_description pd set pd.products_head_title_tag = 
(select p.products_model from products p where p.products_id = pd.products_id) +
'-' + pd.products_head_title_tag

In what case will this get overwritten? Will it even add the model to the title correctly?

Is there a plan to include the model as an option eventually, or is it already in a newer code?

Thanks

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

Jack,

OK, I got this up and running on my dev site (I had made a copy/paste error not deleting enough code from the earlier version in admin/includes/categories.php). Now I would like to install it on the live site using the edited files from the dev site, but I don't want to lose all the header tags info already in the db. To get this running on the dev site I ran the uninstall sql then the install sql, but naturally that emptied all existing tags. I see that there are some update sql files for people who are upgrading, but they only go back to 2.6.x and I have 2.3.x installed.

Should I run one of the update files, or do I need to start from scratch like on the dev site?

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

Hey Jack, got a quick question for you...

If I want to add the products_model to the Title Tag can I do it just in the database using this?

update products_description pd set pd.products_head_title_tag = 
(select p.products_model from products p where p.products_id = pd.products_id) +
'-' + pd.products_head_title_tag

In what case will this get overwritten? Will it even add the model to the title correctly?

Is there a plan to include the model as an option eventually, or is it already in a newer code?

You don't need the second select statement since the model would be the same row as the description. Be srue to test it, however you do it, on a database that you can restore in case there are problems.

The code for that is not in the next version though it is planned since quite a few people have asked for it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

OK, I got this up and running on my dev site (I had made a copy/paste error not deleting enough code from the earlier version in admin/includes/categories.php). Now I would like to install it on the live site using the edited files from the dev site, but I don't want to lose all the header tags info already in the db. To get this running on the dev site I ran the uninstall sql then the install sql, but naturally that emptied all existing tags. I see that there are some update sql files for people who are upgrading, but they only go back to 2.6.x and I have 2.3.x installed.

Should I run one of the update files, or do I need to start from scratch like on the dev site?

The Header Tags tables in the database can be exported and then imported to get that data over to the live database. But the other, and probably more important, data is in the products and categories and you can't export/import those unless they are all identical. If you have Easy Populate installed, you can use that to transport the product title and tags. The update files will only help if you had a previous version of Header Tags installed. If you did, then all of the database changes are in those updates.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The Header Tags tables in the database can be exported and then imported to get that data over to the live database. But the other, and probably more important, data is in the products and categories and you can't export/import those unless they are all identical. If you have Easy Populate installed, you can use that to transport the product title and tags. The update files will only help if you had a previous version of Header Tags installed. If you did, then all of the database changes are in those updates.

I am currently running header tags controller 2.3.7 on the live site. So, will running headertags_seo_update.sql work? I don't mean to be redundant, I just want to be sure that the headertags_seo_update.sql file is correct because none of the Update_Docs reference a version as old as the one I'm currently running.

They start at 2.6.3 and I'm running 2.3.7.

I am currently running header tags controller 2.3.7 on the live site. So, will running headertags_seo_update.sql work? I don't mean to be redundant, I just want to be sure that the headertags_seo_update.sql file is correct because none of the Update_Docs reference a version as old as the one I'm currently running.

They start at 2.6.3 and I'm running 2.3.7.

I'm sorry. I misunderstood the version you have installed. The update files are just for Header Tags SEO. To convert from the Header Tags Controller to Header Tags SEO, use the headertags_seo_update.sql file to bring the database up-to-date and then make all of the files changes for HEader Tags SEO as if it was a new install. You may have to run the sql code in the update file that deals with the manufacturer additions but, otherwise, that should be all you need to do. Make backups, of course.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Running the headertags_seo_update.sql did not work as expected. it ran fine in phpmyadmin, but when I'd made all the file changes I was getting a tep-stop error on all category and product pages. Panicking, I uploaded and ran the uninstall script, knowing it would delete all my previous tags, but that's better than a dead site. That returned an error, so I uploaded the install script and ran it (which also returned an error), then ran the uninstall script (worked this time), and the install script once more (which seems to have worked).

SO, I lost my previous tags. trying now to get them filled again...

great. Now getting this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /blahblah/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 490

Any ideas?

great. Now getting this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /blahblah/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 490

Any ideas?

Do you have directories with a lot of stuff in it? It may be trying to keep up with an image directory with 17k files it (like mine, I had to exclude the image and oscThumb Cache directories.)

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

Hi!

After new installation in custome code the index.php shows this:

1146 - Table 'db127555_48.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT where language_id = '2'

can´t understand this, because i have the table in the DB. Can anyone give me a tip-?

Thanks,

Chris

After new installation in custome code the index.php shows this:

1146 - Table 'db127555_48.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT where language_id = '2'

can´t understand this, because i have the table in the DB. Can anyone give me a tip-?

You have to make changes to the files. Search the install instructions for TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons