• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I was having an issue where the new Manufacturer's fields were saved, but not read back when entering the manufacturer's page. If anyone else encounters this, it was a result of switching two sets of string assignments at about lines 215 and 244. The first one should just draw input fields, while the 2nd one draws input fields populated from $mInfo.

Hi Jack, After I installed the Header Tags SEO, I found the error below displayed in the main page and admin page respectively:

in the main page:

http://www.chinatopwholesale.com/

error as:

1146 - Table 'vastseec_osc11.headertags_default' doesn't exist

select * from headertags_default where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

in admin/Header Tags SEO

error as:

1146 - Table 'vastseec_osc11.headertags' doesn't exist

select page_name from headertags where page_name like 'index.php' and language_id = '1' LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

so what is the problem then? and how to solve it?

appreciate your help very much in advance!

Thomas

Hi Jack, After I installed the Header Tags SEO, I found the error below displayed in the main page and admin page respectively:

in the main page:

http://www.chinatopwholesale.com/

error as:

1146 - Table 'vastseec_osc11.headertags_default' doesn't exist

select * from headertags_default where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

in admin/Header Tags SEO

error as:

1146 - Table 'vastseec_osc11.headertags' doesn't exist

select page_name from headertags where page_name like 'index.php' and language_id = '1' LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

so what is the problem then? and how to solve it?

appreciate your help very much in advance!

Thomas

it seems as though you didnt update your database...

it seems as though you didnt update your database...

thanks but I am sorry, I have updated the database successfully before the complete installation of the files.

but after it showed the successful database update, I have removed the database file before the installation of the catalogue and admin files, should i remove the database after completing the full installation? Please help,thanks!

thanks but I am sorry, I have updated the database successfully before the complete installation of the files.

but after it showed the successful database update, I have removed the database file before the installation of the catalogue and admin files, should i remove the database after completing the full installation? Please help,thanks!

The errors you are getting can only mean the tables are not in the database. Try running the ininstall and install database files and see if it works then. If it dos and this was a conversion from the Header Tags Controller, then you will have to uninstall the database again and go through the convert procedure.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

hi

thanks for the contrib.

I did an upgrade from 2.63 .I made the changes as mentioned in the update file.i recived this error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function clean_html_comments() in /home/teks7com/public_html/includes/header_tags.php on line 193..

then i copied all the files from version3.01 catalog/includes to my site .. the errror went away and it seems to work like before..

I am no longer getting the box on coloumn left as i did with 2.63.. i checked the file and i did include..

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_COLUMN_BOX == 'true' && basename($PHP_SELF) == FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO)

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'header_tags.php');

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

for the social book marking i am not seeing any of the bookmarking pics.. even though i i did upload the images folder and made changes to the index and product_info file.

on the admin side if i do clear all tags.. then i get a message saying 10000 item has no meta tags. when i do fill alll tags i get a message saying

Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 2897 items with missing meta tag information.

is this beacuse some products have no images...??

the rest looks ok..

thanks in advance for any help you can offer ..

nafri

hi

thanks for the contrib.

I did an upgrade from 2.63 .I made the changes as mentioned in the update file.i recived this error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function clean_html_comments() in /home/teks7com/public_html/includes/header_tags.php on line 193..

then i copied all the files from version3.01 catalog/includes to my site .. the errror went away and it seems to work like before..

I am no longer getting the box on coloumn left as i did with 2.63.. i checked the file and i did include..

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_COLUMN_BOX == 'true' && basename($PHP_SELF) == FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO)

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'header_tags.php');

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

for the social book marking i am not seeing any of the bookmarking pics.. even though i i did upload the images folder and made changes to the index and product_info file.

on the admin side if i do clear all tags.. then i get a message saying 10000 item has no meta tags. when i do fill alll tags i get a message saying

Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 2897 items with missing meta tag information.

is this beacuse some products have no images...??

the rest looks ok..

thanks in advance for any help you can offer ..

nafri

fixed it... forgot it is controlled from the admin area.. thanks

I know this topic has been beat around in the old HTC and Ultimate SEO URL threads but I thought I'd revist here since I'm still having issues.

I did a complete reinstall of OSC and the first contrib I loaded was HTC V 3.0. Success!! Everything worked great, awesome improvement over the old one.

Without doing any other changes, I then installed Ultimate SEO URL's, which as many know, is one of the easiest contrib's to install, two files to upload, and minor code changes.

Sure enough, as has happened with every other iteration of store I've had, the default Title header appears and not the product description title when going to Product Info or even categories.

Since it was only two installs, it seemed easy to try and figure out where the problem is...but it was difficult. The only other clue I could come up with is that when I changed the html_output SEO change and reverted it back to stock form, the HTC V3.0 worked again.

Can you point me in the direction of what in the world the conflicts could be coming from.

I know you have insisted the two work fine together in the past, but I'm going to ask again.

I know this topic has been beat around in the old HTC and Ultimate SEO URL threads but I thought I'd revist here since I'm still having issues.

I did a complete reinstall of OSC and the first contrib I loaded was HTC V 3.0. Success!! Everything worked great, awesome improvement over the old one.

Without doing any other changes, I then installed Ultimate SEO URL's, which as many know, is one of the easiest contrib's to install, two files to upload, and minor code changes.

Sure enough, as has happened with every other iteration of store I've had, the default Title header appears and not the product description title when going to Product Info or even categories.

Since it was only two installs, it seemed easy to try and figure out where the problem is...but it was difficult. The only other clue I could come up with is that when I changed the html_output SEO change and reverted it back to stock form, the HTC V3.0 worked again.

Can you point me in the direction of what in the world the conflicts could be coming from.

I know you have insisted the two work fine together in the past, but I'm going to ask again.

It works fine here and since these two contributions are used very often together and no one else has mentioned a problem like this, it has to be something you are doing (or not doing). To be clear though, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "the default Title header appears and not the product description title." By "default title header" are you referring to the default meta tag description entry? Also please explain what the "product description title" is.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

It works fine here and since these two contributions are used very often together and no one else has mentioned a problem like this, it has to be something you are doing (or not doing). To be clear though, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "the default Title header appears and not the product description title." By "default title header" are you referring to the default meta tag description entry? Also please explain what the "product description title" is.

Jack

Thanks Jack,

Although I find it odd you state "no one else" has mentioned a problem" like this (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act...e+url&st=25) ...so maybe I was not clear.

Basically, when I installed HTC, it was working as advertised. When going to an individual product, like lets say for example a Music CD entitled "Beatles Anthology", the HTC script would populate the Meta Title Tag and "Beatles Anthology" would be displayed on the upper browser bar.

As soon as I installed Ultimate SEO URL's, it said the word "default" at the top and NOT the product description. I am well versed as to your claim that the HTC program does not read the URL, but the product description so it shouldnt matter that SEO URL is installed.

If you want code to be pasted, I can do that, but it is essentially a stock OSC RC 2.2a with HTC V3.0 installed first, and then Ultimate SEO installed second. I did read this person (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act...amp;pid=1203746) stating that she had to install Ultimate SEO URL FIRST, and then HTC (the older version) second for it to work properly so maybe I will try that next.

Edited by beekay

Thanks Jack,

Although I find it odd you state "no one else" has mentioned a problem" like this (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act...e+url&st=25) ...so maybe I was not clear.

If I had known that was to be taken litterly I would have been more specific. How about, "no one to my recollection?" I'm sure my freinds and family all think of me as an un-failing genius, but in truth, I fall a little short - occassionally. ;)
Basically, when I installed HTC, it was working as advertised. When going to an individual product, like lets say for example a Music CD entitled "Beatles Anthology", the HTC script would populate the Meta Title Tag and "Beatles Anthology" would be displayed on the upper browser bar.

As soon as I installed Ultimate SEO URL's, it said the word "default" at the top and NOT the product description. I am well versed as to your claim that the HTC program does not read the URL, but the product description so it shouldnt matter that SEO URL is installed.

If you want code to be pasted, I can do that, but it is essentially a stock OSC RC 2.2a with HTC V3.0 installed first, and then Ultimate SEO installed second. I did read this person (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act...amp;pid=1203746) stating that she had to install Ultimate SEO URL FIRST, and then HTC (the older version) second for it to work properly so maybe I will try that next.

I believe that you are having a problem. I've installed this version into five shops now besides the four I use for my own testing. Everyone of those has Ultimate SEO installed and there isn't a problem. Maybe it has something to do with the order of the install, although I can't why.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

Perhaps I missed this in your install documents, but I did a "new store" install by copying the included file set over a brand new rc2a install. After I did there were some language entries missing - the Administrator Configuration one was the first I saw. Can you clarify which release the new store only catalog is for?

Regards

David

Jack,

Perhaps I missed this in your install documents, but I did a "new store" install by copying the included file set over a brand new rc2a install. After I did there were some language entries missing - the Administrator Configuration one was the first I saw. Can you clarify which release the new store only catalog is for?

Regards

David

The files in that directory are not a complete set of the files, only the common ones between MS2 and RC2, unless I made a mistake in cmparing them. You still have to go through the install instructions and perform the steps not done by copying a file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The files in that directory are not a complete set of the files, only the common ones between MS2 and RC2, unless I made a mistake in cmparing them. You still have to go through the install instructions and perform the steps not done by copying a file.

Jack

Jack,

These files definitely do not contain the same definitions. Several new FILENAME_* and language definitions are blown away by that file set. I have not had a chance to look at the code itself yet, but I would not recommend copying that set on anything at this point. I'll see if I can get time to do a compare this evening..

David

I did the install in reverse order...installed Ultimate SEO first, then HTC V 3.0... and about as carefully as I could with a check and recheck akin to a NASA launch.

The Ultimate SEO worked...and then after installing HTC V 3.0...and even doing a "FILL ALL TAGS" function on products_info pages...still gives me the dreaded "DEFAULT TITLE" for the <TITLE></TITLE> tag.

Oh well I tried...I can't believe its something I did, so I'm going to blame it on a server issue or something. Thank for trying.

If any has the relevant changed files for a RC2a store with only Ultimate SEO and HTC V 3.0 installed, I'd be more than happy to accept :)

Jack,

These files definitely do not contain the same definitions. Several new FILENAME_* and language definitions are blown away by that file set. I have not had a chance to look at the code itself yet, but I would not recommend copying that set on anything at this point. I'll see if I can get time to do a compare this evening..

David

No, seems to be something else. I don't see any filename.php in that data set....

I did the install in reverse order...installed Ultimate SEO first, then HTC V 3.0... and about as carefully as I could with a check and recheck akin to a NASA launch.

The Ultimate SEO worked...and then after installing HTC V 3.0...and even doing a "FILL ALL TAGS" function on products_info pages...still gives me the dreaded "DEFAULT TITLE" for the <TITLE></TITLE> tag.

Oh well I tried...I can't believe its something I did, so I'm going to blame it on a server issue or something. Thank for trying.

If any has the relevant changed files for a RC2a store with only Ultimate SEO and HTC V 3.0 installed, I'd be more than happy to accept :)

Please send me the complete set of files and the database for a shop that won't work, except for the configure files, I will look at it when I get a chance.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I copied all your files and updated the SQL file..

But when I started to edit the code.. In index.php the second code change says..

FIND (Around line 78)

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
  </tr>

I am using a template from templatemonster . com and hence I am not able find any of those code in my index.php and also the following changes after that code mentioned in that file aren't there in my index.php.

Any help ? I am desperately seeking help because I really want that mod.

Regards,

Anand

Hi,

But when I started to edit the code.. In index.php the second code change says..

FIND (Around line 78)

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
  </tr>

I am using a template from templatemonster . com and hence I am not able find any of those code in my index.php and also the following changes after that code mentioned in that file aren't there in my index.php.

Regards,

Anand

Many templates, especially those made by TM, remove and rearrange code. There's no way to explain how to edit the file in a support thread like this since there are so many variations in the templates. If you want the options offered by that part of Header Tags, you will have figure out how to add the code or find someone to do it for you.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

FIND (Around line 78)

</tr>

Regards,

Anand

Your going to have to search for bits and peices and put it together from there, whatever changes you see were made with the original code, you should try to format to your new code on anything you addon. Its the price you pay for one of "those" templates. And you will more than likely have to do this kind of code search for anything you want to install. But dont give up, itcan be done with justa bit of double checking.

I would start by searching for :

$category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'],

Then work your way around it.

Unfortunately these "template factorys" rape osc users, they apply templates in the easiest, quickest way possible, overwrite the stylesheet, and leave a horrible mess of code. And in doing that they leave the end user with just a basic oscommerce shop that is a pain in the but to update becuase of their trivial changes that do not follow any of the osc code standards. What makes it really so bad is the fact that with just a few changes to the main body table and columns and boxes, you can have prctically any template design you want and still keep your core code intact.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Your going to have to search for bits and peices and put it together from there, whatever changes you see were made with the original code, you should try to format to your new code on anything you addon. Its the price you pay for one of "those" templates. And you will more than likely have to do this kind of code search for anything you want to install. But dont give up, itcan be done with justa bit of double checking.

I would start by searching for :

$category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'],

Then work your way around it.

Unfortunately these "template factorys" rape osc users, they apply templates in the easiest, quickest way possible, overwrite the stylesheet, and leave a horrible mess of code. And in doing that they leave the end user with just a basic oscommerce shop that is a pain in the but to update becuase of their trivial changes that do not follow any of the osc code standards. What makes it really so bad is the fact that with just a few changes to the main body table and columns and boxes, you can have prctically any template design you want and still keep your core code intact.

Yes.. I understand it.. but I have many other mods installed.. but this is the only mode which is given a bit pain.. but anyways, I will have to do some research as you said.. but I am not much of OSC pro.. so it will be really a huge task for me.. especially where it comes in replacing the codes as in my case there is no code which can be replaced.. there I am going to pull my hairs. Anyways thanks for your inputs..

I hope if any OSC pro could do this for me.. I will be more than thankfull.. because I desperately needs meta tag mods..

I got the same problem as some of you, I installed Ultimate SEO first and then the HTC 3.01. Everything works fine, exept for the products meta tags an title.

All other metatags and titles are working, so what could be wrong? I hope there is someone that comes with a solution.. my site: www.adcatching.com just begone...

Regards

Niels

I got the same problem as some of you, I installed Ultimate SEO first and then the HTC 3.01. Everything works fine, exept for the products meta tags an title.

All other metatags and titles are working, so what could be wrong? I hope there is someone that comes with a solution.. my site: www.adcatching.com just begone...

Regards

Niels

To Everyone.. I have both Ultimate SEO and Header Tags SEO Working together perfectly.. but this is also because I did that coding change that I said was required back on the first page of this forum topic.. I SUGGEST everyone also make that coding change which SHOULD help with the titles not displaying correctly..

Heres the link to the post

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1231050

Best..

J

Edited by insaini

Just wanted to say,this is truely an awesome piece ofwork! Definitely a must have.

Ive been tweaking on it a couple days and have been able to integrate it with article manager, creating a seperate file for filling in the articles info just as you do the product info. All other files and databases only had to have the extra functions added to them.

I use page manager to add text to several pages in mysite, and this mod even pulls the descriptions and keywords out of there too.

I was really impressed to see it also pulled some of my footer text. This is probally one of the most important mods you could have for your shop.

The search engines just have to love this.

I bet if you wanted to pay someone for a mod like this you would have to drop at least a couple hundred.

Excellent work Jack. Thank you! :thumbsup:

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!