• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

that doesn't seem to have done anything, although no errors or no title tag for manufacturer.

i have ticked manufacturer and put a sort ID and also ticked it on the default tags for product_info.php page

also cleared caches

I haven't tried this but I think it will work. In includes/functions/header_tags.php, find

if (($type == 'cat' || $type == 'top') && ($pageTags['append_category'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_group'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_category']))

and change it to

$product = ($product && ($pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_category']) ? true : false);

if (($type == 'cat' || $type == 'top') && ($pageTags['append_category'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_group'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_category'] || $product))

Please let me know if it works or not so I can add it to the next version.

Edited by xp02ed

that doesn't seem to have done anything, although no errors or no title tag for manufacturer.

i have ticked manufacturer and put a sort ID and also ticked it on the default tags for product_info.php page

also cleared caches

I tried it hear and the manufacturers are showing up now on the product pages. Are you sure you checked the manufacturers box on the product_info page? If you go to the manufacturers edit page, is the title and meta tag information?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I tried it hear and the manufacturers are showing up now on the product pages. Are you sure you checked the manufacturers box on the product_info page? If you go to the manufacturers edit page, is the title and meta tag information?

i definately have manufacturer ticked and have a sort # on it on the product_info.php page.

although not sure what you mean on the manufacturers edit page.

I dont see a manufacturers.php page under "page control"

But if you mean i go to the manufacturers list

/admin/manufacturers.php

then yes all details are filled out

is there anything i have to put on the product_info.php page?

OR everything is grabbed from the header_tag files?

Edited by xp02ed

i definately have manufacturer ticked and have a sort # on it on the product_info.php page.

although not sure what you mean on the manufacturers edit page.

is there anything i have to put on the product_info.php page?

OR everything is grabbed from the header_tag files?

You get to the manufacturers edit page is admin->catalog->Manufacturers and click edit. You don't need to enter anything else if the data is there. If you go to a manufacturer on your shop, does the title show up correctly there? If not, something is wrong with your manufacturers table. If it does, I can't think of anything else it might be.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

After upgraded to 3.23, I got the strange error: some newly added items not show the correct title(IE title/Firefox title), it only shows title like this: [catalog name] - [default store title] but the old items show correct:[item name] - [catalog name] - [default store title].

But I used the "test" function in the Header Tags SEO contrl panel(Check URL:product_info.php and input the product number which not shows item name in page title), the test resault was correct(it displays item name plus other info, unlike the IE title only shows catalog name and store name).

Also, I checked the database(products table) and all products(newly added) filled with correct item names, so I wondered why Header Tags SEO don't read the item name but only catalog name and store name, and why the old items(tags filled before I upgraded to 3.23) all OK?

How should I resolve the bug?

Thanks very much

Edited by tinglei

Have no reason why , but the character count is not consistent in the column_box in left column. When displaying products, the characters range 6 to 101 - ex:

Have a gourmet (...See More)

to:

Stone-look fountain is a fitting symbol of the source from which all blessings flow. Cascading water (...See More)

Now some of the categories is still empty, but few of the products when viewed, the column box header bar is missing. For example lke this.

I recently downloaded: Header Tags SEO V 3.2.3

And I just want to make sure I do the proper install.

What is installed:

index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11

Existing install, modified with several other contributions.

I assume I do not have to get involved with the following:

- GPL (obviously)

- catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2

- Update_Docs (obviously)

- ScreenShots (obviously)

- catalog_for_new_shop_only_MS2

I assume I need to get involved with:

- Install_ReadMe_First

- Install_ReadMe_Last

- Install_Catalog

- Install_Admin

- catalog

- Database_Files

- docs (to know how things work)

--

My question:

I am assuming I'll need to do a find 'xxxx' and replace(or)add within the Install_Admin and Install_Catalog

I am assuming I'll need to add the new files within the 'catalog' folder

I am assuming I'll need to run via sql file 'headertags_seo' and then run 'headertags_seo_update'

--

Anything else I need to know in my case?

Thanks,

Cindy

I find the fun in everything.

After upgraded to 3.23, I got the strange error: some newly added items not show the correct title(IE title/Firefox title), it only shows title like this: [catalog name] - [default store title] but the old items show correct:[item name] - [catalog name] - [default store title].

Maybe the title doesn't exist for those items. Look in the products edit page and try changing them there or running Fill Tags on empty items.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Now some of the categories is still empty, but few of the products when viewed, the column box header bar is missing. For example lke this.

It appears to be something wrong with the installation or setup since there isn't a title for that page and the currently viewing text is missing.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

My question:

I am assuming I'll need to do a find 'xxxx' and replace(or)add within the Install_Admin and Install_Catalog

I am assuming I'll need to add the new files within the 'catalog' folder

I am assuming I'll need to run via sql file 'headertags_seo' and then run 'headertags_seo_update'

--

Anything else I need to know in my case?

You can't do a find and replace with a changed shop many times. You may have to merge the existing code with the new. This is standard with any contribution that makes such changes.

You only need to run the headertags_seo_install.php file. The update is for something else.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You get to the manufacturers edit page is admin->catalog->Manufacturers and click edit. You don't need to enter anything else if the data is there. If you go to a manufacturer on your shop, does the title show up correctly there? If not, something is wrong with your manufacturers table. If it does, I can't think of anything else it might be.

yup, ok the details are there.

when i click on a manufacturer its there too HERE thats a sample manufacturer

when u click on any product it doesnt show, everything looks right though

my manufacturers table :

Full Texts manufacturers_id manufacturers_name manufacturers_image date_added last_modified

Edit Delete 11 K&N 2008-11-14 16:18:24 NULL

Edit Delete 24 3M 2010-04-11 21:16:22 NULL

Edit Delete 19 GruppeM 2009-04-22 14:37:14 2010-07-23 01:11:17

Edit Delete 23 Neffy Wrap 2010-01-28 11:21:03 NULL

My manufacturers_info table

Full Texts manufacturers_id languages_id manufacturers_url url_clicked date_last_click manufacturers_htc_title_tag manufacturers_htc_desc_tag manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag manufacturers_htc_description

Edit Delete 11 1 0 NULL K&N K&N K&N NULL

Edit Delete 24 1 0 NULL 3M 3M 3M NULL

Edit Delete 19 1 http://www.gruppem.co.jp 0 NULL GruppeM GruppeM GruppeM gruppem intake from japan

Edit Delete 23 1 http://neffywrap.com 13 2010-03-28 01:24:31 Neffy Wrap Neffy Wrap Neffy Wrap NULL

Edited by xp02ed

You can't do a find and replace with a changed shop many times. You may have to merge the existing code with the new. This is standard with any contribution that makes such changes.

You only need to run the headertags_seo_install.php file. The update is for something else.

Hi Jack! Long time no talk! :)

Ok. So I'm clear -- run headertags_seo_install.php will do what? Install the files that aren't there yet AND the sql? I'm not clear...

Thanks,

Cindy

my manufacturers table :

My manufacturers_info table

It's a common problem for the manufacturer and manufacturer info tables not to match. As I recall, older versions of easy populate used to cause that but there may have been other reasons. In any event, if they don't match, Header Tags will not load the data correctly since it needs both tables.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack! Long time no talk! :)

Ok. So I'm clear -- run headertags_seo_install.php will do what? Install the files that aren't there yet AND the sql? I'm not clear...

That's some vacation you've been on. :)

That file just loads the database changes.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Did the install for the db. Worked fine. Next up is all the searching, adding, etc. to the admin and catalog, etc.

I'll rattle your cage if I get hung up.

Thanks! :)

It's a common problem for the manufacturer and manufacturer info tables not to match. As I recall, older versions of easy populate used to cause that but there may have been other reasons. In any event, if they don't match, Header Tags will not load the data correctly since it needs both tables.

do you by any change have a sample of what these tables should look like?

I only have STS, Header tags, and ultimate SEO installed

or there a variable i can use in the product_info.php page to see if it picks up a manufacturer or any of its fields

Edited by xp02ed

ok in the includes/header_tags.php file line 110

$manStr = "select mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id where m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$the_product_info['manufacturers_id'] . "' and mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' LIMIT 1";

i did this query via phpmyadmin, obviously changing the defined tables and and entering a manufcaturers id which it does grab the correct info.

the includes/functions/header_tags.php file is using this query right?

if ($type == 'man' && ($pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_group'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_manufacturer']))
 {
   $the_manufacturer_query= tep_db_query($manStr);
   $the_manufacturer = tep_db_fetch_array($the_manufacturer_query);
   $header_tags_array['manufacturer'] = $the_manufacturer['htc_title_tag'];  //save for use on the logo

$sortOrder['title'][$pageTags['sortorder_manufacturer']] = '';
   $sortOrder['logo'][$pageTags['sortorder_manufacturer']] = '';
   $sortOrder['description'][$pageTags['sortorder_manufacturer']] = '';
   $sortOrder['keywords'][$pageTags['sortorder_manufacturer']] = '';

funny enough i swapped the variable name of

$catStr and $manStr on includes/header_tags.php

$catStr = "select c.categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, c.categories_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, c.categories_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where c.categories_id = p2c.categories_id and p2c.products_id = '" . (int)$the_product_info['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";
      $manStr = "select mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id  where m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$the_product_info['manufacturers_id'] . "' and mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' LIMIT 1";

to

$manStr = "select c.categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, c.categories_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, c.categories_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where c.categories_id = p2c.categories_id and p2c.products_id = '" . (int)$the_product_info['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";
      $catStr = "select mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id  where m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$the_product_info['manufacturers_id'] . "' and mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' LIMIT 1";

and the manufacturer showed but the category disappears

Ok!

---

So far:

db is installed

files are transferred

catalog files have been changed

Still need to do:

admin files

---

Quick question:

I'm seeing "Default title" for my title... I'm NOT seeing "Replace me in Page Control under index.php" like it says in "Install_ReadMe_First".

Here is a copy of part of the meta tags and title:

<title>Default title</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Default description" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="Default Keywords" >

<meta name="robots" content="noodp" >

<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" >

Have I done something wrong or am I ok?

---

Thanks again! :) Cindy

I'm seeing "Default title" for my title... I'm NOT seeing "Replace me in Page Control under index.php" like it says in "Install_ReadMe_First".

Have I done something wrong or am I ok?

I've never seen that and can't think of a reason why it would do it but I don't think it is anything to worry about.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've never seen that and can't think of a reason why it would do it but I don't think it is anything to worry about.

Ok then! I'll finish to the last step! And report here! Thanks! :)

Ok. Before I go poking around... here is the error I am getting:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_hide_session_id() (previously declared in /home/mysite/public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php:348) in /home/mysite/public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 401

Any ideas before I go too deep?

Cindy

P.S. Here is a copy of the area of the html_output.php from admin/includes/functions that the error is referring too...

if ($required == true) $field .= TEXT_FIELD_REQUIRED;

return $field;
 }

////
// Hide form elements
 function tep_hide_session_id() {
   $string = '';

if (defined('SID') && tep_not_null(SID)) {
     $string = tep_draw_hidden_field(tep_session_name(), tep_session_id());
   }

return $string;
 }