• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi,

I'm from Spain and I try to update the Header Tags Seo contribution. My first installing is very old (2008). I have run the headertags_seo_update.php file from HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.2.9.zip, but I think it is not enough.

I have this messege when I try to go to the Header Tags Seo menu at the admin:

1054 - Unknown column 'page_logo_1' in 'field list'

insert into headertags (page_name, page_title, page_description, page_keywords, page_logo, page_logo_1, page_logo_2, page_logo_3, page_logo_4, append_default_title, append_default_description, append_default_keywords, append_default_logo, append_category, append_manufacturer, append_model, append_product, append_root, sortorder_title, sortorder_description, sortorder_keywords, sortorder_logo, sortorder_category, sortorder_manufacturer, sortorder_model, sortorder_product, sortorder_root, sortorder_root_1, sortorder_root_2, sortorder_root_3, sortorder_root_4, language_id) values ('product_info_200313.php', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', '3')

[TEP STOP]

Thanks for your help in advance!!!

The update file doesn't do all of the updates from very old versions. You have to go through the update docs and find the commands for the missing fileds. That one is in the Update_from_V_3.1.3_to_V_3.1.4.txt file.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

After Installed Header tags add on, I added a new product(prooduct A), and on my web site when I select to see that product , below picture and description it appears the following:

"Reviews

!--- BEGIN Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

facebook and all the icons

Currently viewing: product A

NOTE 1: The placement of this is not critical. Anywhere near the bottom of the page is fine as long as the layout of the page is correct."

How to solve this?I checked the installation and found no mistakes.

Thx

Edited by alexman

@@DavidPolo - Your'e welcome.

@@alexman - You made a mistake in the edits. It looks like you are missing a php delimiter and that you included instructions in the edit. You can compare your file to the included one to see where you went wrong.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

@@DavidPolo - Your'e welcome.

@@alexman - You made a mistake in the edits. It looks like you are missing a php delimiter and that you included instructions in the edit. You can compare your file to the included one to see where you went wrong.

Many thanks for your answer.Indeed you have right.I checked again and finally I found the mistake.

Regarding the note below from the bottom of "install catalog", please tell me if should I insert it and where to put exactly?In any page from the files added from Header tag folder add on?

"NOTES:

The bookmarks code can be added to any page by inserting the following anywhere on the page.

To have it display properly, it should generally be inserted after a </tr>.

<!--- BEGIN Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

<?php if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_SOCIAL_BOOKMARKS == 'true') {

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'header_tags_social_bookmarks.php');

}

?>

<!--- END Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

The bookmarks are already on the home page, categories, manufacturers and product pages (if installed correctly). If you want them on the contact us page, for example, then you would edit the contact us file. You have to figure out where to place it since there are too many code variations to offer such support here.

What you put in the various settings is up to you. There are included files that try to help with that but it is a subject for SEO. This thread is just for a the tool that lets you setup the SEO.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The bookmarks are already on the home page, categories, manufacturers and product pages (if installed correctly). If you want them on the contact us page, for example, then you would edit the contact us file. You have to figure out where to place it since there are too many code variations to offer such support here.

What you put in the various settings is up to you. There are included files that try to help with that but it is a subject for SEO. This thread is just for a the tool that lets you setup the SEO.

Ok but I don't have any ideea about what to put inside all Meta tag information fields from any products.For this reason I asked for an example.It would be very useful for me and for new comers.

Edited by alexman

Hello @@Jack_mcs and @@Roaddoctor,

I installed the header tags seo support for iOSC, uploaded by @@Roaddoctor and modified it as follows.

I tried to follow the instructions found here for the correct canonical and link rel alternate tag:

https://developers.google.com/webmasters/smartphone-sites/details

see under: Annotation in the HTML

and changed the crawler bots to the specific mobile bots in the mobile pages.

The result of the changes in catalog/includes/header-tags.php are (end of the file):

// MOBILE URLS REPLACEMENTS FOR CANONICAL URL
$str_replace_from = array('-mc-', '-mp-', '-mm-', 'mobile_catalogue.php', 'mobile_about.php', 'mobile_');
$str_replace_to = array('-c-', '-p-', '-m-', 'index.php', 'index.php', '');
echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET  . '" />'."\n";
echo ' <title>' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '</title>' . "\n";
echo ' <meta name="Description" content="' . $header_tags_array['desc'] . '" >' . "\n";
echo ' <meta name="Keywords" content="' . $header_tags_array['keywords'] . '" >' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_language']) { $langName = explode(",", $_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"]); echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="' . $langName[0] . '" >'."\n"; }
if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="googlebot-mobile" content="all" >' . "\n" : ' <meta name="googlebot" content="all" >' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="MSNBOT_Mobile" content="all" >' . "\n" : ' <meta name="bingbot" content="all" >' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_noodp'])	 echo ' <meta name="robots" content="noodp" >' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_noydir']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="YahooSeeker/M1A1-R2D2" content="noydir" >' . "\n" : ' <meta name="slurp" content="noydir" >' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_revisit'])   echo ' <meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days" >' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_robots'])    echo ' <meta name="robots" content="index, follow" >' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_unspam'])    echo ' <meta name="no-email-collection" value="' . HTTP_SERVER . '" >' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_replyto'])   echo ' <meta name="Reply-to" content="' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '">' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_canonical']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? str_replace($str_replace_from, $str_replace_to, (tep_not_null($canonical_url) ? ' <link rel="canonical" href="'.$canonical_url.'" >'. "\n" : ' <link rel="canonical" href="'.GetCanonicalURL().'" >'. "\n")) : ''); }
	  echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? '' : ( ' <link rel="alternate" media="only screen and (max-width: 640px)" href="'. HTTP_SERVER . $mobile_url .'" >'. "\n"));
echo '<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->' . "\n";								   
?>

The resulting header of the mobile page is this (example of my store):

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html dir="LTR" lang="en">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Necklaces with gems - Leather and gemstones necklace - SaR Silver and Gems</title>
<meta name="Description" content="Necklaces with gems - Necklace designed with two pieces of natural color leather and chain. On the leather pieces are embedded different gemstones: aventurine, red jasper, landscape jasper and jade (dyed pink). Metal parts on leather are nickel silver wire. The necklace has the lobster clasp._br_
Comes packed in a bag (see photo)_br_
Necklace length: 45 cm - Hand craft jewelry made in silver and semiprecious stones. All items are designed and handmade by us." >
<meta name="Keywords" content="Palabra clave, silver necklaces, silver necklaces and pendants, silver chains, necklaces silver, silver locket, necklace charms, silver necklace for men, silver beaded necklace, silver chain, silver lockets, silver pendant, silver necklace chain, silver heart necklace, sterling silver cross pendant, beaded silver necklace, silver heart pendant, sterling silver heart necklace, silver chains for necklaces, jewelry silver necklace, silver jewelry necklaces, silver necklace pendant, pearl pendant, silver pendant necklace, necklace silver chain, silver chain necklace, pendant silver necklaces, chain necklaces, chain necklace, byzantine silver necklace, silver pendant chain, pendant silver, pendants, silver pendant jewelry, chain silver, silver beaded chain, long necklaces, silver ball necklace, silver pendants necklaces, chain silver necklace, silver necklace pendants, silver necklaces chains, silver necklaces pendants, necklaces in silver, silver chain necklaces, silver necklace with pendant, silver pendant necklaces, beaded silver chain, silver chains necklaces, silver balls necklace, pendant for necklace, lockets, crystal necklace, silver necklace and pendant, silver pendants for necklaces, silver chains wholesale, necklace for pendant, wholesale silver chains, silver bracelet chain, pendants for necklaces, rose quartz pendants, necklace pendant silver, silver necklace chains, necklace with pendant, ball chain necklace, silver chain with pendant, necklace pendants, silver jewelry necklace, necklace s, silver jewelry pendant, necklaces for women, lariat necklace, silver pendant chains, chain for necklace, charms for necklaces, silver garnet necklaces, pearl pendant silver, sterling silver cross necklace, big necklaces, silver chain for pendant, chain pendants, silver cross necklace, pendant necklace silver, silver and pearl necklaces, silver and pearl pendant, pendant jewelry, necklaces with pendants, 925 silver necklaces, necklaces pendant, orange necklace, rose quartz pendant necklace, chain necklace silver, long pendant necklaces, pendant necklaces, pendant necklace, silver chain bracelet, gold bead necklace, large silver pendant, necklace pendant, l necklaces, silver and garnet necklace, silver 925 chain, rose quartz pendants, rose quartz pendant necklace, rose quartz pendant, rose quartz necklaces, rose quartz necklace, rock necklace, ring and bracelet chain, red and silver necklaces, pendants, pendant silver necklaces, pendant silver, pendant, pendant necklace silver, pearl silver pendant, pearl pendant necklace silver, necklaces with, necklaces silver, necklaces, necklaces in silver, necklaces, necklace with pendant, necklace with a, necklace silver chain, necklace s, necklace pendant silver, necklace, Necklaces with gems , Leather and gemstones necklace , Necklaces, Chokers, Earrings, Bracelets, Pendants, Rings, Strands Gems, Beads, Findings Sterlingsilver 925, Metal findings, Accessories, Minerals for collectors" >
<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="es-ES" >
<meta name="googlebot" content="all" >
<meta name="bingbot" content="all" >
<meta name="robots" content="noodp" >
<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" >
<meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days" >
<meta name="robots" content="index, follow" >
<meta name="no-email-collection" value="http://www.sarplataygemas.com" >
<link rel="alternate" media="only screen and (max-width: 640px)" href="http://www.sarplataygemas.com/en/necklaces-with-gems/leather-and-gemstones-necklace-mp-1463.html" >
<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

The resulting header of the desktop page is this (example of my store):

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
	 "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>Necklaces with gems - - Leather and gemstones necklace</title>
<meta name="Description" content="Necklaces with gems - - Necklace designed with two pieces of natural color leather and chain. On the leather pieces are embedded different gemstones: aventurine, red jasper, landscape jasper and jade (dyed pink). Metal parts on leather are nickel silver wire. The necklace has the lobster clasp._br_
Necklace length: 45 cm" >
<meta name="Keywords" content="Palabra clave, silver necklaces, silver necklaces and pendants, silver chains, necklaces silver, silver locket, necklace charms, silver necklace for men, silver beaded necklace, silver chain, silver lockets, silver pendant, silver necklace chain, silver heart necklace, sterling silver cross pendant, beaded silver necklace, silver heart pendant, sterling silver heart necklace, silver chains for necklaces, jewelry silver necklace, silver jewelry necklaces, silver necklace pendant, pearl pendant, silver pendant necklace, necklace silver chain, silver chain necklace, pendant silver necklaces, chain necklaces, chain necklace, byzantine silver necklace, silver pendant chain, pendant silver, pendants, silver pendant jewelry, chain silver, silver beaded chain, long necklaces, silver ball necklace, silver pendants necklaces, chain silver necklace, silver necklace pendants, silver necklaces chains, silver necklaces pendants, necklaces in silver, silver chain necklaces, silver necklace with pendant, silver pendant necklaces, beaded silver chain, silver chains necklaces, silver balls necklace, pendant for necklace, lockets, crystal necklace, silver necklace and pendant, silver pendants for necklaces, silver chains wholesale, necklace for pendant, wholesale silver chains, silver bracelet chain, pendants for necklaces, rose quartz pendants, necklace pendant silver, silver necklace chains, necklace with pendant, ball chain necklace, silver chain with pendant, necklace pendants, silver jewelry necklace, necklace s, silver jewelry pendant, necklaces for women, lariat necklace, silver pendant chains, chain for necklace, charms for necklaces, silver garnet necklaces, pearl pendant silver, sterling silver cross necklace, big necklaces, silver chain for pendant, chain pendants, silver cross necklace, pendant necklace silver, silver and pearl necklaces, silver and pearl pendant, pendant jewelry, necklaces with pendants, 925 silver necklaces, necklaces pendant, orange necklace, rose quartz pendant necklace, chain necklace silver, long pendant necklaces, pendant necklaces, pendant necklace, silver chain bracelet, gold bead necklace, large silver pendant, necklace pendant, l necklaces, silver and garnet necklace, silver 925 chain, rose quartz pendants, rose quartz pendant necklace, rose quartz pendant, rose quartz necklaces, rose quartz necklace, rock necklace, ring and bracelet chain, red and silver necklaces, pendants, pendant silver necklaces, pendant silver, pendant, pendant necklace silver, pearl silver pendant, pearl pendant necklace silver, necklaces with, necklaces silver, necklaces, necklaces in silver, necklaces, necklace with pendant, necklace with a, necklace silver chain, necklace s, necklace pendant silver, necklace, Necklaces with gems , , Leather and gemstones necklace" >
<meta name="googlebot-mobile" content="all" >
<meta name="MSNBOT_Mobile" content="all" >
<meta name="YahooSeeker/M1A1-R2D2" content="noydir" >
<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.sarplataygemas.com/en/necklaces-with-gems/leather-and-gemstones-necklace-p-1463.html" >

Note:canonical meta tags are enabled.

It works with standard URL's and SEO URL's.

Can you please check and validate this headers before I upload this mod. to the support package for iOSC.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Rainer (raiwa)

Hello Guys

I am newbie to oscommerce.

I have tried to install the plugin header Tags SEO. All went fine. but when i tried to follow the steps after installation to manage this plugin.

I am getting some weird issues.

First of all my search stopped working on front end,I am getting the following error like

1364 - Field 'google_last_position' doesn't have a default value

insert into headertags_keywords (keyword, last_search, found, language_id) VALUES ('watch', now(), 1, 1)

[TEP STOP]

When i tried on backend i clicked on fill tags link and got the fatal error again.

Fatal error:Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in D:\myoscom\admin\includes\functions\compatibility.php:18) in D:\myoscom\admin\includes\functions\compatibility.php on line 30

anyone could you please help me out on this ?

Hope to get reply soon.

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by mrudul

The "Cannot redeclare" error is caused by accidentally copying a "code" file into the "language" folder.

Click the "Cannot redeclare" link i nmy signature for a simple way to find it.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Hello @@Jack_mcs and @@Roaddoctor,

I installed the header tags seo support for iOSC, uploaded by @@Roaddoctor and modified it as follows.

I tried to follow the instructions found here for the correct canonical and link rel alternate tag:

https://developers.google.com/webmasters/smartphone-sites/details

see under: Annotation in the HTML

and changed the crawler bots to the specific mobile bots in the mobile pages.

The result of the changes in catalog/includes/header-tags.php are (end of the file):

$str_replace_from = array('-mc-', '-mp-', '-mm-', 'mobile_catalogue.php', 'mobile_about.php', 'mobile_');
echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET . '" />'."\n";
echo ' <meta name="Description" content="' . $header_tags_array['desc'] . '" >' . "\n";
echo ' <meta name="Keywords" content="' . $header_tags_array['keywords'] . '" >' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_language']) { $langName = explode(",", $_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"]); echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="' . $langName[0] . '" >'."\n"; }
if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="googlebot-mobile" content="all" >' . "\n" : ' <meta name="googlebot" content="all" >' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="MSNBOT_Mobile" content="all" >' . "\n" : ' <meta name="bingbot" content="all" >' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_noodp'])	 echo ' <meta name="robots" content="noodp" >' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_noydir']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="YahooSeeker/M1A1-R2D2" content="noydir" >' . "\n" : ' <meta name="slurp" content="noydir" >' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_revisit']) echo ' <meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days" >' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_robots']) echo ' <meta name="robots" content="index, follow" >' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_unspam']) echo ' <meta name="no-email-collection" value="' . HTTP_SERVER . '" >' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_replyto']) echo ' <meta name="Reply-to" content="' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '">' . "\n";
if ($defaultTags['meta_canonical']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? str_replace($str_replace_from, $str_replace_to, (tep_not_null($canonical_url) ? ' <link rel="canonical" href="'.$canonical_url.'" >'. "\n" : ' <link rel="canonical" href="'.GetCanonicalURL().'" >'. "\n")) : ''); }
	 echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? '' : ( ' <link rel="alternate" media="only screen and (max-width: 640px)" href="'. HTTP_SERVER . $mobile_url .'" >'. "\n"));
?>

The resulting header of the mobile page is this (example of my store):

<head>
<title>Necklaces with gems - Leather and gemstones necklace - SaR Silver and Gems</title>
<meta name="Description" content="Necklaces with gems - Necklace designed with two pieces of natural color leather and chain. On the leather pieces are embedded different gemstones: aventurine, red jasper, landscape jasper and jade (dyed pink). Metal parts on leather are nickel silver wire. The necklace has the lobster clasp._br_
Necklace length: 45 cm - Hand craft jewelry made in silver and semiprecious stones. All items are designed and handmade by us." >
<meta name="Keywords" content="Palabra clave, silver necklaces, silver necklaces and pendants, silver chains, necklaces silver, silver locket, necklace charms, silver necklace for men, silver beaded necklace, silver chain, silver lockets, silver pendant, silver necklace chain, silver heart necklace, sterling silver cross pendant, beaded silver necklace, silver heart pendant, sterling silver heart necklace, silver chains for necklaces, jewelry silver necklace, silver jewelry necklaces, silver necklace pendant, pearl pendant, silver pendant necklace, necklace silver chain, silver chain necklace, pendant silver necklaces, chain necklaces, chain necklace, byzantine silver necklace, silver pendant chain, pendant silver, pendants, silver pendant jewelry, chain silver, silver beaded chain, long necklaces, silver ball necklace, silver pendants necklaces, chain silver necklace, silver necklace pendants, silver necklaces chains, silver necklaces pendants, necklaces in silver, silver chain necklaces, silver necklace with pendant, silver pendant necklaces, beaded silver chain, silver chains necklaces, silver balls necklace, pendant for necklace, lockets, crystal necklace, silver necklace and pendant, silver pendants for necklaces, silver chains wholesale, necklace for pendant, wholesale silver chains, silver bracelet chain, pendants for necklaces, rose quartz pendants, necklace pendant silver, silver necklace chains, necklace with pendant, ball chain necklace, silver chain with pendant, necklace pendants, silver jewelry necklace, necklace s, silver jewelry pendant, necklaces for women, lariat necklace, silver pendant chains, chain for necklace, charms for necklaces, silver garnet necklaces, pearl pendant silver, sterling silver cross necklace, big necklaces, silver chain for pendant, chain pendants, silver cross necklace, pendant necklace silver, silver and pearl necklaces, silver and pearl pendant, pendant jewelry, necklaces with pendants, 925 silver necklaces, necklaces pendant, orange necklace, rose quartz pendant necklace, chain necklace silver, long pendant necklaces, pendant necklaces, pendant necklace, silver chain bracelet, gold bead necklace, large silver pendant, necklace pendant, l necklaces, silver and garnet necklace, silver 925 chain, rose quartz pendants, rose quartz pendant necklace, rose quartz pendant, rose quartz necklaces, rose quartz necklace, rock necklace, ring and bracelet chain, red and silver necklaces, pendants, pendant silver necklaces, pendant silver, pendant, pendant necklace silver, pearl silver pendant, pearl pendant necklace silver, necklaces with, necklaces silver, necklaces, necklaces in silver, necklaces, necklace with pendant, necklace with a, necklace silver chain, necklace s, necklace pendant silver, necklace, Necklaces with gems , Leather and gemstones necklace , Necklaces, Chokers, Earrings, Bracelets, Pendants, Rings, Strands Gems, Beads, Findings Sterlingsilver 925, Metal findings, Accessories, Minerals for collectors" >
<meta name="googlebot" content="all" >
<meta name="bingbot" content="all" >
<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" >
<link rel="alternate" media="only screen and (max-width: 640px)" href="http://www.sarplataygemas.com/en/necklaces-with-gems/leather-and-gemstones-necklace-mp-1463.html" >

The resulting header of the desktop page is this (example of my store):

<head>
<meta name="Description" content="Necklaces with gems - - Necklace designed with two pieces of natural color leather and chain. On the leather pieces are embedded different gemstones: aventurine, red jasper, landscape jasper and jade (dyed pink). Metal parts on leather are nickel silver wire. The necklace has the lobster clasp._br_
<meta name="Keywords" content="Palabra clave, silver necklaces, silver necklaces and pendants, silver chains, necklaces silver, silver locket, necklace charms, silver necklace for men, silver beaded necklace, silver chain, silver lockets, silver pendant, silver necklace chain, silver heart necklace, sterling silver cross pendant, beaded silver necklace, silver heart pendant, sterling silver heart necklace, silver chains for necklaces, jewelry silver necklace, silver jewelry necklaces, silver necklace pendant, pearl pendant, silver pendant necklace, necklace silver chain, silver chain necklace, pendant silver necklaces, chain necklaces, chain necklace, byzantine silver necklace, silver pendant chain, pendant silver, pendants, silver pendant jewelry, chain silver, silver beaded chain, long necklaces, silver ball necklace, silver pendants necklaces, chain silver necklace, silver necklace pendants, silver necklaces chains, silver necklaces pendants, necklaces in silver, silver chain necklaces, silver necklace with pendant, silver pendant necklaces, beaded silver chain, silver chains necklaces, silver balls necklace, pendant for necklace, lockets, crystal necklace, silver necklace and pendant, silver pendants for necklaces, silver chains wholesale, necklace for pendant, wholesale silver chains, silver bracelet chain, pendants for necklaces, rose quartz pendants, necklace pendant silver, silver necklace chains, necklace with pendant, ball chain necklace, silver chain with pendant, necklace pendants, silver jewelry necklace, necklace s, silver jewelry pendant, necklaces for women, lariat necklace, silver pendant chains, chain for necklace, charms for necklaces, silver garnet necklaces, pearl pendant silver, sterling silver cross necklace, big necklaces, silver chain for pendant, chain pendants, silver cross necklace, pendant necklace silver, silver and pearl necklaces, silver and pearl pendant, pendant jewelry, necklaces with pendants, 925 silver necklaces, necklaces pendant, orange necklace, rose quartz pendant necklace, chain necklace silver, long pendant necklaces, pendant necklaces, pendant necklace, silver chain bracelet, gold bead necklace, large silver pendant, necklace pendant, l necklaces, silver and garnet necklace, silver 925 chain, rose quartz pendants, rose quartz pendant necklace, rose quartz pendant, rose quartz necklaces, rose quartz necklace, rock necklace, ring and bracelet chain, red and silver necklaces, pendants, pendant silver necklaces, pendant silver, pendant, pendant necklace silver, pearl silver pendant, pearl pendant necklace silver, necklaces with, necklaces silver, necklaces, necklaces in silver, necklaces, necklace with pendant, necklace with a, necklace silver chain, necklace s, necklace pendant silver, necklace, Necklaces with gems , , Leather and gemstones necklace" >
<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.sarplataygemas.com/en/necklaces-with-gems/leather-and-gemstones-necklace-p-1463.html" >

Note:canonical meta tags are enabled.

It works with standard URL's and SEO URL's.

Can you please check and validate this headers before I upload this mod. to the support package for iOSC.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Rainer (raiwa)

Rainer, I just saw this... will try to test it this evening. So mobile pages end up with a <link rel="alternate" while desktop get <link rel="canonical" ?

Q: Am I confused or am I seeing in your output: the standard bots are being told to index the mobile page and the mobile bots are being told to index the desktop pages... it looks backwards to me ??

And a personal side note - to me it seems that you have way too many keywords for a specific page ?? I could be wrong

Jack - any comment on the meta output structure? does it look right/ok to you?

Dave

-Dave

There are way too many keywords listed so the page would almost certainly be penalized by google, if not the others, assuming the page isn't using those keywords.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Rainer, I just saw this... will try to test it this evening. So mobile pages end up with a <linkrel="alternate" while desktop get <linkrel="canonical" ?

Q: Am I confused or am I seeing in your output: the standard bots are being told to index the mobile page and the mobile bots are being told to index the desktop pages... it looks backwards to me ??

And a personal side note - to me it seems that you have way too many keywords for a specific page ?? I could be wrong

Jack - any comment on the meta output structure? does it look right/ok to you?

Dave

ooops i put the title wrong, it is just opposite

header of the mobile page:

<head>

header of the desktop page:

<head>

For the keywords: don't mind, there is something duplicated and not cleaned up.

On other pages it is o.k.

Rainer

ooops i put the title wrong, it is just opposite

header of the mobile page:

<head>

header of the desktop page:

<head>

For the keywords: don't mind, there is something duplicated and not cleaned up.

On other pages it is o.k.

Rainer

Hello again,

I was working on the header tags and tried to get better validation rates on the http://validator.w3.org/check validator.

Here the modifications:

1. In the mobile header "Doctype" changed to "XHTML 1.0 Transitional" (about 30% less errors) instead of "XHTML 1.0 Strict".

2. dir="ltr" lang="es" added in the mobile header

3. On the desktop pages added "noindex, nofollow" for the mobilebots, on the mobile pages added "noindex, nofollow" for the desktop bots.

My question here: Is this necessary or is it enough to put only positive instructions like in the former version?

4. All closing tags ">" changed to " />" in the mobile header

5. meta unspam tag changed to "<meta name="no-email-collection" content="http://www.unspam.com/noemailcollection" />"

instead of shop url which was not validated.

Note: the description and keywords length is now corrected.

Here the new /includes/header_tags.php file (modified bottom part only):

echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET  . '" />'."\n" : '<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET  . '">'."\n");
echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="Description" content="' . $header_tags_array['desc'] . '" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="Description" content="' . $header_tags_array['desc'] . '">' . "\n");
echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="Keywords" content="' . $header_tags_array['keywords'] . '" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="Keywords" content="' . $header_tags_array['keywords'] . '">' . "\n");
if ($defaultTags['meta_language']) { $langName = explode(",", $_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"]); echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="' . $langName[0] . '" />'."\n" : ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="' . $langName[0] . '">'."\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="googlebot-mobile" content="all" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="googlebot" content="all">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="googlebot" content="noindex, nofollow" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="googlebot-mobile" content="noindex, nofollow">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="MSNBOT_Mobile" content="all" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="bingbot" content="all">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="bingbot" content="noindex, nofollow" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="MSNBOT_Mobile" content="noindex, nofollow">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="YahooSeeker/M1A1-R2D2" content="all" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="slurp" content="all">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="slurp" content="noindex, nofollow" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="YahooSeeker/M1A1-R2D2" content="noindex, nofollow">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_noodp']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="robots" content="noodp" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="robots" content="noodp">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_noydir']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="robots" content="noydir" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="robots" content="noydir">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_revisit']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_robots']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="robots" content="index, follow" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="robots" content="index, follow">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_unspam']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="no-email-collection" content="http://www.unspam.com/noemailcollection" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="no-email-collection" content="http://www.unspam.com/noemailcollection">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_replyto']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="Reply-to" content="' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="Reply-to" content="' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_canonical']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? str_replace($str_replace_from, $str_replace_to, (tep_not_null($canonical_url) ? ' <link rel="canonical" href="'.$canonical_url.'" />'. "\n" : ' <link rel="canonical" href="'.GetCanonicalURL().'" />'. "\n")) : ''); }
	  echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? '' : ( ' <link rel="alternate" media="only screen and (max-width: 640px)" href="'. HTTP_SERVER . $mobile_url .'">'. "\n"));
?>

Here the resulting html header for the desktop index.php:

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title>Jewelry - Beads - Findings</title>
<meta name="Description" content="We sell jewelry, beads, findings">
<meta name="Keywords" content="jewelry, beads, Necklaces, Chokers, Earrings, Bracelets, Pendants, Rings, Strands Gems, Beads, Findings Sterlingsilver 925, Metal findings, Accessories, Minerals for collectors, Hyalophane, Busovaca, Bosnia, Quartz, Various Minerals, Trepca, Kosovo">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="es-ES">
<meta name="googlebot" content="all">
<meta name="googlebot-mobile" content="noindex, nofollow">
<meta name="bingbot" content="all">
<meta name="MSNBOT_Mobile" content="noindex, nofollow">
<meta name="slurp" content="all">
<meta name="YahooSeeker/M1A1-R2D2" content="noindex, nofollow">
<meta name="robots" content="noodp">
<meta name="robots" content="noydir">
<meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days">
<meta name="robots" content="index, follow">
<meta name="no-email-collection" content="http://www.unspam.com/noemailcollection">
<link rel="alternate" media="only screen and (max-width: 640px)" href="http://www.sarplataygemas.com/mobile_index.php/en?redirectCancelled=true">

Here the resulting html header for mobile_index.php:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
  "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en">
<head>
<title>Jewelry - Beads - Findings</title>
<meta name="Description" content="We sell jewelry, beads, findings" />
<meta name="Keywords" content="jewelry, beads, Necklaces, Chokers, Earrings, Bracelets, Pendants, Rings, Strands Gems, Beads, Findings Sterlingsilver 925, Metal findings, Accessories, Minerals for collectors, Hyalophane, Busovaca, Bosnia, Quartz, Various Minerals, Trepca, Kosovo" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="es-ES" />
<meta name="googlebot-mobile" content="all" />
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex, nofollow" />
<meta name="MSNBOT_Mobile" content="all" />
<meta name="bingbot" content="noindex, nofollow" />
<meta name="YahooSeeker/M1A1-R2D2" content="all" />
<meta name="slurp" content="noindex, nofollow" />
<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />
<meta name="robots" content="noydir" />
<meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days" />
<meta name="robots" content="index, follow" />
<meta name="no-email-collection" content="http://www.unspam.com/noemailcollection" />
<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.sarplataygemas.com/en?redirectCancelled=true" />

What do you think about this solution?

regards

Rainer

OK i see

Annotation in the HTML

On the desktop page, add:

<link rel="alternate" media="only screen and (max-width: 640px)" href="http://m.example.com/page-1" >

and on the mobile page, the required annotation should be:

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.example.com/page-1" >

This rel="canonical" tag on the mobile URL pointing to the desktop page is required.

Yes but shouldn't there still be a canonical link on the desktop side?

-Dave

Curious why the canonical is only on the mobile side? and why the en?redirectCancelled in the canonical? confused. I guess I should go back and review https://developers.google.com/webmasters/smartphone-sites/details

the /en is for english, my shop is multilanguage and the default language is spanish.

?redirectCancelled shouldn't appear there, it is the html parameter used to avoid automatic redirect when the manual link to the desktop site is used.

OK, I should use "basename" to strip the html parameters.

For the canonical tag it's the point where I'm not sure what to do and thought to follow your advice.

Following the google guidelines it seems not necessary for the desktop pages.

Another question:

I didn't find a mobile specific alternative for the generic:

<meta name="robots" content="index, follow" />

Maybe it would be better to remove this on the mobile pages?

What do you think about this?

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

I don't think the generic is needed on the mobile side..

I make use of a robots.txt file which a good bot finds. I have entries like below to manage various bots

# This says to apply these settings to ALL search engine spiders/crawlers
User-agent: *

# These settings will keep spiders from indexing your unwanted pages
Disallow: /account.php
Disallow: /checkout_shipping.php
Disallow: /checkout_confirmation.php
Disallow: /checkout_payment_address.php
Disallow: /checkout_process.php
User-Agent: Googlebot-Mobile
Disallow:
User-agent: googlebot
Disallow:
User-agent: Mediapartners-Google
Disallow:
User-agent: googlebot-image
Disallow:

if your going to declare language in the canonical should it not look like: index.php?language=es.

I think you would only want a language parameter in a canonical if it was other than the site default.(for me English)

last - I think you would want a canonical on both sides always

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

I don't think the generic is needed on the mobile side..

I make use of a robots.txt file which a good bot finds. I have entries like below to manage various bots

# This says to apply these settings to ALL search engine spiders/crawlers
User-agent: *

# These settings will keep spiders from indexing your unwanted pages
Disallow: /account.php
Disallow: /checkout_shipping.php
Disallow: /checkout_confirmation.php
Disallow: /checkout_payment_address.php
Disallow: /checkout_process.php
User-Agent: Googlebot-Mobile
Disallow:
User-agent: googlebot
Disallow:
User-agent: Mediapartners-Google
Disallow:
User-agent: googlebot-image
Disallow:

if your going to declare language in the canonical should it not look like: index.php?language=es.

I think you would only want a language parameter in a canonical if it was other than the site default.(for me English)

last - I think you would want a canonical on both sides always

Hello Dave (@@Roaddoctor),

The language declaration looks like this because I have SEO URLs installed and it is included because english is not my shops default language.

In any case you put my nose to discover that the canonical link for index.php is not correct, it should be:

http://www.sarplataygemas.com/index.php/en

instead of:

http://www.sarplataygemas.com/en

This happens because of the SEO URL option "Force a redirect to www.mysite.com/ when www.mysite.com/index.php" is set to true.

So "index.php" is stripped from the URL.

Now this gave me a bit headache to correct it.

To get the language code which is used in SEO URL to define the language, I had to add this sql query to the top of header_tags.php:

$defaultTags_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT . " where language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$defaultTags = tep_db_fetch_array($defaultTags_query);
$tmpTags['def_title']	 = (tep_not_null($defaultTags['default_title'])) ? $defaultTags['default_title'] : '';
$tmpTags['def_desc']	 = (tep_not_null($defaultTags['default_description'])) ? $defaultTags['default_description'] : '';
$tmpTags['def_keywords'] = (tep_not_null($defaultTags['default_keywords'])) ? $defaultTags['default_keywords'] : '';
$tmpTags['def_logo_text'] = (tep_not_null($defaultTags['default_logo_text'])) ? $defaultTags['default_logo_text'] : '';
$languages_query = tep_db_query( "select code from " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$language_code = tep_db_fetch_array($languages_query);

Then I added this for the case "INDEX.PHP for SEO URLs and additional languages" below this block:

// INDEX.PHP
case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_DEFAULT):
 WriteCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $id);
}
break;

New code added:

// INDEX.PHP for SEO URLs and additional languages
case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == $language_code['code'] || basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == 'mobile_index.php'):
 if (USU5_ENABLED == 'true' || SEO_ENABLED == 'true'){
 if (!tep_not_null($cPath) || (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) && $category_depth == 'top'))
 {
	 $canonical_url = StripSID(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT . '/' . $language_code['code'], $args, 'NONSSL', false));
 }
 }
break;

Here the new bottom part of header_tags.php with your suggestions included:

$str_replace_from = array('-mc-', '-mp-', '-mm-', 'mobile_catalogue.php', 'mobile_about.php', 'mobile_', '?redirectCancelled=true', '&redirectCancelled=true');
$str_replace_to = array('-c-', '-p-', '-m-', 'index.php', 'index.php');
$str_replace_alternate = array('?redirectCancelled=true', '&redirectCancelled=true');
echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET . '" />'."\n" : '<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET . '">'."\n");
echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="Description" content="' . $header_tags_array['desc'] . '" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="Description" content="' . $header_tags_array['desc'] . '">' . "\n");
echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="Keywords" content="' . $header_tags_array['keywords'] . '" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="Keywords" content="' . $header_tags_array['keywords'] . '">' . "\n");
if ($defaultTags['meta_language']) { $langName = explode(",", $_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"]); echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="' . $langName[0] . '" />'."\n" : ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="' . $langName[0] . '">'."\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="googlebot-mobile" content="all" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="googlebot" content="all">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="googlebot" content="noindex, nofollow" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="googlebot-mobile" content="noindex, nofollow">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="MSNBOT_Mobile" content="all" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="bingbot" content="all">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="bingbot" content="noindex, nofollow" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="MSNBOT_Mobile" content="noindex, nofollow">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="YahooSeeker/M1A1-R2D2" content="all" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="slurp" content="all">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="slurp" content="noindex, nofollow" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="YahooSeeker/M1A1-R2D2" content="noindex, nofollow">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_noodp']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="robots" content="noodp" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="robots" content="noodp">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_noydir']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="robots" content="noydir" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="robots" content="noydir">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_revisit']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_robots']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? '' : ' <meta name="robots" content="index, follow">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_unspam']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="no-email-collection" content="http://www.unspam.com/noemailcollection" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="no-email-collection" content="http://www.unspam.com/noemailcollection">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_replyto']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? ' <meta name="Reply-to" content="' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '" />' . "\n" : ' <meta name="Reply-to" content="' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '">' . "\n"); }
if ($defaultTags['meta_canonical']) { echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? str_replace($str_replace_from, $str_replace_to, (tep_not_null($canonical_url) ? ' <link rel="canonical" href="'.$canonical_url.'" />'. "\n" : ' <link rel="canonical" href="'.GetCanonicalURL().'" />'. "\n")) : str_replace($str_replace_from, $str_replace_to, (tep_not_null($canonical_url) ? ' <link rel="canonical" href="'.$canonical_url.'" />'. "\n" : ' <link rel="canonical" href="'.GetCanonicalURL().'">'. "\n"))); }
	 echo (defined('DIR_MOBILE_INCLUDES')? '' : ( ' <link rel="alternate" media="only screen and (max-width: 640px)" href="'. HTTP_SERVER . str_replace($str_replace_alternate, '', $mobile_url) .'">'. "\n"));
?>

The changes are:

- canonical on both sides

- "?redirectCancelled=true" stripped from the canonical URLs

- mentioned language corrections for index.php when SEO URLs are used.

- "<meta name="robots" content="index, follow" />" removed from mobile pages

Here the new result for the desktop index.php (in german to make clear the language part):

<html dir="LTR" lang="de">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title></title>
<meta name="Description" content="">
<meta name="Keywords" content="">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="es-ES">
<meta name="bingbot" content="all">
<meta name="MSNBOT_Mobile" content="noindex, nofollow">
<meta name="slurp" content="all">
<meta name="YahooSeeker/M1A1-R2D2" content="noindex, nofollow">
<meta name="robots" content="noodp">
<meta name="robots" content="noydir">
<meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days">
<meta name="robots" content="index, follow">
<meta name="no-email-collection" content="http://www.unspam.com/noemailcollection">
<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.sarplataygemas.com/index.php/de" />
<link rel="alternate" media="only screen and (max-width: 640px)" href="http://www.sarplataygemas.com/mobile_index.php/de">

Here the result for mobile_index.php:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="de">
<head>
<title></title>
<meta name="Description" content="" />
<meta name="Keywords" content="" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="es-ES" />
<meta name="MSNBOT_Mobile" content="all" />
<meta name="bingbot" content="noindex, nofollow" />
<meta name="YahooSeeker/M1A1-R2D2" content="all" />
<meta name="slurp" content="noindex, nofollow" />
<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />
<meta name="robots" content="noydir" />
<meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days" />
<meta name="no-email-collection" content="http://www.unspam.com/noemailcollection" />
<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.sarplataygemas.com/index.php/de" />

Now one question left:

Do you think it makes sense to include both Meta tags for each bot,

the positive and negative instructions?

Example for google in desktop page:

Example for google in mobile page:

Or would it be enough to include only the positive instructions:

Example for google in desktop page:

Example for google in mobile page:

Would you agree to update your Header Tags contribution support for iOSC with this new version?

regards

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

The language declaration looks like this because I have SEO URLs installed and it is included because english is not my shops default language.

thats odd - I use seo url's 2.2d and have never seen that syntax. I always see "?language=es" - I could be wrong

I will try to give all this a test this evening.

I do not know the answer to the positive / negative instructions question

Are you sure you want me to update the support pkg? every time I do it seems to truncate files.... :) My winzip is borked

-Dave

thats odd - I use seo url's 2.2d and have never seen that syntax. I always see "?language=es" - I could be wrong

I will try to give all this a test this evening.

I do not know the answer to the positive / negative instructions question

Are you sure you want me to update the support pkg? every time I do it seems to truncate files.... :) My winzip is borked

Sorry, forgot to tell the exact SEO URL add-on, it's: Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO.

For the support package: I mean that I will do the update if you agree.

Edited by raiwa