• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

If you have ran fill tags then it must be some mistake in your installation. You should make sure the text function runs without errors and check the title in the product or category (you don't say which) to make sure there are entries.

Hi Jack,

It happens in every categorie and on every product.

Checked the install may 1000 times, haha

Many Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @@Jack_mcs,

We have updated to the latest Header Tags SEO module and have noticed that the Page Control for any of the php's is not working correctly, is there an error on the module or somewhere you can direct me to fix this problem? Please let me know thank you.

Every page currently is just using the default and not the ones written in the page control, any idea? -

Edited by vashichino7

Hi Guys!!!

I need help...i ve done the header SEO tool installation.

But on Administration tool-> header SEO page i get an error above:

Warning: call_user_func(header_tags_reset_cache) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/queencos/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1295

wht do i need to do to get away with this pls.

rgds

Vinita

[email protected]

Hello @@Jack_mcs,

We have updated to the latest Header Tags SEO module and have noticed that the Page Control for any of the php's is not working correctly, is there an error on the module or somewhere you can direct me to fix this problem? Please let me know thank you.

Every page currently is just using the default and not the ones written in the page control, any idea? -

Assuming it is installed correctly, that is usually due to the correct checkboxes not being checked i Page Control.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Guys!!!

I need help...i ve done the header SEO tool installation.

But on Administration tool-> header SEO page i get an error above:

Warning: call_user_func(header_tags_reset_cache) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/queencos/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1295

wht do i need to do to get away with this pls.

It means you missed part of the installation. You should double check the general.php changes for admin.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I have a problem at install.

Background on my site, I was using Mindsparx that came installed with header tags seo. After my hosting company update to php5 my screen went blank. I had other issues before with them and decided to change. I did a new install of osc2.3.3 and installed a template from algozone. Than after installing my add on's that I was using I restalled my data files. This reinstall brought over somethings that I had to clean up. My site is running great and now I ready to add back the Hearer tag program.

When I uploaded the headertag install to my site and did as step one said i received the following error message:

1060-Duplicate column name 'categories_title_tag'

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;

[TEP STOP]

I went to my data and the description is already there. Must have come over from the data reinstall.

What do I need to do?

Thanks

Dean

When I uploaded the headertag install to my site and did as step one said i received the following error message:

1060-Duplicate column name 'categories_title_tag'

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;

[TEP STOP]

I went to my data and the description is already there. Must have come over from the data reinstall.

What do I need to do?

There can only be one field with that name, thus the failure. If you don't care if you lose the data, then run the uninstall script first. If you do, you can try the update script but that will only work properly for the last two or three versions. If niether of those work, you will have to edit the database manually. Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I ended up going to my data base and deleting the old tags. Then the install worked. I just gotten through the catalog install. I have 1 little problem that is showing on my first page at the very top. Very faint it says: Replace me in Page Control under index.php - oscommerce - soluton.com it is showing my logo again. My template has it just right. don't really need it to show twice.

How to make that go away?

Will start the admin install tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

I ended up going to my data base and deleting the old tags. Then the install worked. I just gotten through the catalog install. I have 1 little problem that is showing on my first page at the very top. Very faint it says: Replace me in Page Control under index.php - oscommerce - soluton.com it is showing my logo again. My template has it just right. don't really need it to show twice.

How to make that go away?

Turn the page top option in the settings off.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

1 more thing - step 11 in my product_listing.php there is no: if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) section. Did not know where to put the replacement.

If I need it where does it need to go?

That's standard code so if it is not there, your code has been altered, in whih case you are on your own.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi there,

I have just upgraded to Header Tags SEO V3.2.6 and i'm founding 3 problems that i can't fix:

- In page control (left side) I try to set up the product_info page. I check "Product" and i put "1" on the right but when i try to view results all the time i get the red color below saying that nothing was found.

- When i try the test i get the "CRE or oscMax Error" for all the pages. I had STS installed before but i uninstall it. On the header_tags_text.php i found the below code (line 398). I don't why the property IsTemplate is true, where is looking for this property to set up itself on true?, so i suppose that that property should be false and then I won't get the "CRE or oscMAx Error)

else if (IsTemplate())

{

if (! $dbError)

{

$results[] = ERROR_HEADING_TEMPLATE . $explain;;

$dbError = true;

}

$results[] = sprintf(ERROR_TEMPLATE_EXTRA_CODE, $files[$i]);

}

- And finally, where i personalice for the spanish lenguage the viewing text on the bottom of the product pages?

Thanks,

Eduardo

Hi there,

I have just upgraded to Header Tags SEO V3.2.6 and i'm founding 3 problems that i can't fix:

You should use the latest version, which is 3.2.8.

- In page control (left side) I try to set up the product_info page. I check "Product" and i put "1" on the right but when i try to view results all the time i get the red color below saying that nothing was found.

- When i try the test i get the "CRE or oscMax Error" for all the pages. I had STS installed before but i uninstall it. On the header_tags_text.php i found the below code (line 398). I don't why the property IsTemplate is true, where is looking for this property to set up itself on true?, so i suppose that that property should be false and then I won't get the "CRE or oscMAx Error)

If you have the BTS or STS installed, or not fully removed, the code may think they are installed. You will have to remove the parts of them left over.

- And finally, where i personalice for the spanish lenguage the viewing text on the bottom of the product pages?

In the product_info.php file in the espanol directory. Instructions code are not included so you will have to see the instructions for the English file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You should use the latest version, which is 3.2.8.If you have the BTS or STS installed, or not fully removed, the code may think they are installed. You will have to remove the parts of them left over.

In the product_info.php file in the espanol directory. Instructions code are not included so you will have to see the instructions for the English file.

I installed the 3.2.8 but still i have the same problem about can't see the results in page controls. But when i check online i can see that i get the expected results (just the product name on the products page titles). Where should i look in order trying to resolve this? I have installed other modules like SPPC or Quantity Price Breaks Per Product for Separate Pricing Per Customer v2.0

Regards,

Eduardo

I installed the 3.2.8 but still i have the same problem about can't see the results in page controls. But when i check online i can see that i get the expected results (just the product name on the products page titles). Where should i look in order trying to resolve this? I have installed other modules like SPPC or Quantity Price Breaks Per Product for Separate Pricing Per Customer v2.0

You can't see the results of all of the pages since some of them require additional url information. You should be able to view the home page though.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You can't see the results of all of the pages since some of them require additional url information. You should be able to view the home page though.

I have just realised that the only page where I am able to view the results is one named "index1.php" that i used for testing a while ago only and this is the HTS header code that i have there:

<?php

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<?php

} else {

?>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<?php

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

?>

<?php

}

?>

Why does the above code work and the other pages, index.php, product_info.php, with the right code (see below) dont work?

<?php

} else {

?>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<?php

}

?>

Regards,

Eduardo

I got some advances, but still i have some problems.

In page control -> Product_info.php, i have the next configuration:

post-273143-0-32910100-1348047916_thumb.jpg

Why can't i see the includes in the view section?

By other way, if try the Test page for some product (with ID), i get:

post-273143-0-00018400-1348048159_thumb.jpg

Why the manufacturer is missing and why the "From Site" results don't match?,

Finally, If I try the same product online i get more or less the expected results like configured in page control:

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html dir="LTR" lang="es">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" >

<title>Aceites masaje - Bote Crema Born Muscle Relax 4 - Compra online</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Aceites masaje - Bote Crema Born Muscle Relax 4 - Compra online" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="Aceites masaje , Bote Crema Born Muscle Relax 4 , Compra en Linea" >

The only problem is the i don't get the manufacturer (but the Category, Aceites masaje, (Standard Category configuration))

What could it be wrong?

Eduardo

Edited by egutierrez

I got some advances, but still i have some problems.

In page control -> Product_info.php, i have the next configuration:

post-273143-0-32910100-1348047916_thumb.jpg

Why can't i see the includes in the view section?

By other way, if try the Test page for some product (with ID), i get:

post-273143-0-00018400-1348048159_thumb.jpg

Why the manufacturer is missing and why the "From Site" results don't match?,

Finally, If I try the same product online i get more or less the expected results like configured in page control:

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html dir="LTR" lang="es">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" >

<title>Aceites masaje - Bote Crema Born Muscle Relax 4 - Compra online</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Aceites masaje - Bote Crema Born Muscle Relax 4 - Compra online" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="Aceites masaje , Bote Crema Born Muscle Relax 4 , Compra en Linea" >

The only problem is the i don't get the manufacturer (but the Category, Aceites masaje, (Standard Category configuration))

What could it be wrong?

Eduardo

On this piece of code of includes/functions/header_tags.php

(Line 85)

$product = ($product && ($pageTags['append_category'] || $pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_category']) ? true : false);

if (($type == 'cat' || $type == 'top') && ($pageTags['append_category'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_group'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_category'] || $product))

{

if ($category_depth == 'nested' || $category_depth == 'products' || $product)

Don't understand why $products is ever true, so then the Category will be append always for all product without import if the append category checkbox is checked or nor. Anyway, i don't understand also why $pageTags['append_category'] is also true for the page product_info (espanol) if on the header tags table i can see that it's false for that page.

Regards,

Eduardo

Edited by egutierrez

On this piece of code of includes/functions/header_tags.php

(Line 85)

$product = ($product && ($pageTags['append_category'] || $pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_category']) ? true : false);

if (($type == 'cat' || $type == 'top') && ($pageTags['append_category'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_group'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_category'] || $product))

{

if ($category_depth == 'nested' || $category_depth == 'products' || $product)

Don't understand why $products is ever true, so then the Category will be append always for all product without import if the append category checkbox is checked or nor. Anyway, i don't understand also why $pageTags['append_category'] is also true for the page product_info (espanol) if on the header tags table i can see that it's false for that page.

Regards,

Eduardo

Well, i deleted the HeaderTags table, and created again and also changed the below code of includes/functions/header_tags.php

by this:

if (($type == 'cat' || $type == 'top') && ($pageTags['append_category'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_group'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_category'] ))

An also:

if ($type == 'man' && ($pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_group'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_manufacturer']))

by

if (($type == 'man' || $type == 'top') && ($pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_group'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_manufacturer']))

Now everything is working fine.

Thanks for a great contribution!

Eduardo

Edited by egutierrez

• 2 weeks later...

When trying to use the search I got the following error:

1146 - Table 'xxxxxx.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS' doesn't exist

select 1 FROM TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS where keyword = 'samsung' and language_id = 2

[TEP STOP]

So I had to add this line missing in the installation notes for includes/database_tables.php

define('TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS', 'headertags_keywords');

It's a mistake in the instructions as mentioned here recently. Add the following to the database_tables.php file

define('TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS', 'headertags_keywords');

Hi Jack,

This line is still missing from the install notes, was driving me crazy for a few minutes before I found the thread! :)