• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

hello i just ran the test in the admin panal and i received this message

Missing Code in File explain

The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

It means the code changes for those files haven't been made. Look at step 1 in the install file regarding changes to the <head> section.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Can´t find how to edit previous mesage...

In

7) In includes/header.php,

Do I have to change the code if i have RC2?

8) In includes/languages/english/product_info.php ,again change code in all languages?

If you have a local setup, it won't touch your live database so it is safe to make changes.

If you want the option to have text for the logo (recommended), then you should edit the header.php file.

Yes, any change to a language file should be made to all applicable language files.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Wow i am advancing !!!

Also had the same prompt like bern9766 ,solved now.

I wasted an evening trying to decipher the instructions and see why the RC2 pack was there....later on saved me a lot of time. Just a but, the languages files can be tricky since you need to copy them in all the 3 languages folders.

Another critical point i see in the change of the sql file, if i do as the instructions sais i don't get the "Replace me...." and now under the test page i get errors solved with the help file.

Now the "replace me.." message is gone and i see something like http://localhost/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1&osCsid=s2fl71r7dmji1htku5lsjm5f93, is that correct?

Dude still don't know if i love you or hate you :thumbsup:

Whoops, find a problem afterall. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /public_html/XXX/categories.php on line 685

It's been functioning fine on the site, and all the other sections of the admin panel work fine...

Here's a snippet of where the first issue is (if I remove it as a test, it finds many more :S)

683 <!-- /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ //-->

684 <?php

685 } elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {

It has a problem with line 835 next which is

833<?php

834 }

835 } else {

836?>

and then the last issue is 1158 which is

1151<!-- footer //-->

1152<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

1153<!-- footer_eof //-->

1154<br>

1155</body>

1156</html>

1157<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

1158 is blank. Can you help me solve this one? I'm very inexperienced with php so I'm unsure if something is missing, or what. But I tried to comment out these lines to bypass them and see how many errors there are. There are just those 3.

Now the "replace me.." message is gone and i see something like http://localhost/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1&osCsid=s2fl71r7dmji1htku5lsjm5f93, is that correct?

That's an invalid link so I can't comment on it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Whoops, find a problem afterall. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /public_html/XXX/categories.php on line 685

Please read the instructions for troubleshooting problems with the admin section.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Wow, page 203. Sounds like HT SEO could do with its own folder :rolleyes:

I am using HT SEO along with CMS, plus a few other contribs. I am trying to get the pseudo pages working for CMS where I have 5 CMS pages, like cms.php?page_id=1 ; cms.php?page_id=2 ; cms.php?page_id=3 and so on. Am I right in thinking that if I create these pseudo pages in the right column, they will show on the left column in my drop-down list of pages? I only see cms.php and I get no errors after 'creating' the speudo pages.

Any ideas?

Am I right in thinking that if I create these pseudo pages in the right column, they will show on the left column in my drop-down list of pages? I only see cms.php and I get no errors after 'creating' the speudo pages.

Yes, that's correct.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

First off THANK YOU! This is one of the best contribs I've ever installed. The install directions are THE BEST I've ever had to follow. That being said thanks again, don't know what I'd do with out you!

I have just one question. I have an extra "-" at the end of my title. So at the end it reads: title - - Windows Internet Explorer. And when I view a product I get: Category Name - - Product Name. How can I fix that? I don't understand what is happening. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,

T

Eureka! It actually works!!!!

I have some doubts dough,,,can this contribution set the url´s to something more friendly instead the usual /catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_26&products_id=121 ?

and

What i need to insert in a page not in root directory to be shown in page control of Header Tags SEO V 3.1.8 ,maybe is easier with a link ( i understand if is erased http://www.hmsistemas.es/shop/catalog/bulletin.php ).

I feel the web brighter this morning !! Thanks Jack.

First off THANK YOU! This is one of the best contribs I've ever installed. The install directions are THE BEST I've ever had to follow. That being said thanks again, don't know what I'd do with out you!

You're welcome. I appreciate the kind words.

I have just one question. I have an extra "-" at the end of my title. So at the end it reads: title - - Windows Internet Explorer. And when I view a product I get: Category Name - - Product Name. How can I fix that? I don't understand what is happening. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

It means you are telling the code to display some value but the value is empty. For example, you are on a category page and told it to include the root text, which is empty. First, be sure you've ran Fill Tags. Then, if the problem still exists and assuming the problem is on the index page, look at the check boxes in Page Control for index.php and make sure only the root, category and product checkboxes are checked (and that they have sort order numbers), and that there is text in the root boxes (those boxes above the checkboxes).

The bottom line is that there is a missing value for one of the items you are trying to include and you need to play detective to figure which one it is.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have some doubts dough,,,can this contribution set the url´s to something more friendly instead the usual /catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_26&products_id=121 ?

What i need to insert in a page not in root directory to be shown in page control of Header Tags SEO V 3.1.8 ,maybe is easier with a link ( i understand if is erased http://www.hmsistemas.es/shop/catalog/bulletin.php ).

I feel the web brighter this morning !! Thanks Jack.

You're welcome. Header Tags doesn't alter the urls. You need to install one of the url rewriters for that. I recommend Ultimate SEO V2.2d (see my signature).

For adding other pages, you need to add the Header Tags code into the <head> section of that file (see step 1 in the Install_Catalog.txt file). You may need to select the Add Missing Pages option in Page Control.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Can I change font of Header Tags Category Title?

Yes. You need to edit the h1 and h2 classes added to the stylesheet.css file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack.

But Products Name also have H1 style same as Category title. Where to change another style for Products Name?

The h1 class is used due to it small SEO benefit. You can create another class and change the code to use it but you lose that benefit. If you want one part to be different than another, in the product page, change

<h1>

to

<h1 style="font...">

Set the font and whatever other tags you want there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I have installed this contribution on my shop, everything when pretty smootly, great instruction, Thanks a lot.

The only problem i have is that in the admin/add a page menu when i add the title description and keyword for instance in index.php, i click on view result and there just the title that is in yellow, the description and keyword does not appear and it's in red.

It seem to be doing this with the default page also, just the title apprear. I have double checked my code, install and reinstall the .sql since i had an database mistmatch error but didn't help on this problem. Also just before the header tag SEO i have installed SEO URL 5 without any problem, i have try to turn it off and it didnt solve the problem

I am sorry if this problem as been address earltier i have made alot of search trough google and find nothing. Thanks

Alex

The only problem i have is that in the admin/add a page menu when i add the title description and keyword for instance in index.php, i click on view result and there just the title that is in yellow, the description and keyword does not appear and it's in red.

This has been fixed in the next version but I'm not sure when it will be released. The fix is in this thread though or you can just use view source from the browser for now.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for your super fast answer, do you know what the fix might be called? i don't find nothing using search term like ''Header Tags SEO category keyword fix''

Alex

To save yourself a lot of time waiting for someone to help, you should always check google first.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Well thanks alot sorry about that, my answer was on the first result fell dumb...

Edit, The keyword and the description was in the source code all along so it wasnt a real problem...

Really appreciate your support

Alex

Edited by Ivres

Well thanks alot sorry about that, my answer was on the first result fell dumb...

Edit, The keyword and the description was in the source code all along so it wasnt a real problem...

Really appreciate your support

No need to apologize. None of us, including myself, know to do that until it's pointed out to us. :)

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello everyone. First I want to say thank you for this wonderful contribution.

But I have a problem with the Social Bookmark code. When I try to share a product page on facebook, facebook automatically gets the title, description and a photograph. The picture is not displayed after installing this contribution. Facebook enters an infinite loop looking for photography and remains so. Only the title and description is added. See the picture below.

dibujo.jpg

The problem is not with the Social Bookmark code, because facebook works well if I remove the header tags on the product page.

But I have a problem with the Social Bookmark code. When I try to share a product page on facebook, facebook automatically gets the title, description and a photograph. The picture is not displayed after installing this contribution. Facebook enters an infinite loop looking for photography and remains so. Only the title and description is added.

Right click on the image and choose properties to find out where it is trying to load the image from and then check to make sure it is there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons