• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

4 hours ago, Dnj1964 said:

This is posted in the wrong support....

Same problem as I mentioned in the other thread. I can't follow the problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

It appears the file is not getting loaded for some reason. See if this will fix it. Find this line

$products_image_name = $pInfo->products_image;

and add this below it

include_once('includes/functions/header_tags_general.php');

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Changed code to fix php warnings.
  • Fixed a layout issue with the version checker.
  • Replaced the language argument from the gettagcloud function. Now handled with the session.

Please note that this update only affects Phoenix versions 1.0.7.4 and later.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

In product_info no "meta name=Keywords" are generated and in admin I get the following error in header tags-page control-product-info.php when i try to save the settings: " Missing sort orders are not allowed -> product_info.php " and nothing is saved in the database.

When I run header tags-test for product_info, I receive several notices like " Notice: Undefined variable: id in /xxx/s4/catalog/admin/header_tags_test.php on line 563 " or "Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 1 in /xxx/s4/catalog/admin/header_tags_test.php on line 577". And as a result of the test, it is shown " product_info.php is missing data. Fill Tags should be ran. "

How can I solve this problem ?

PS: I use Phoenix 1077 and Header Tags 1074andlater.

@amaischeFor the keywords tag, change the "Enable Keyword Meta Tag" setting to either Metatag or Both.

For the missing sort order, it means you didn't enter a number in the sort box for whichever option you enabled.

For the notices, those will be fixed in the next release.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear Jack,

thanks for the fast reply. I did not realize that I should install the hybrid one, so my "Enable Keyword Meta Tag" shows only true and false. I changed it to the menu and everything works.

Thank you very much

Hi - I just installed this on a fresh V1.0.7.6 Phoenix store and found 2 problems.

1- When you  "preview" a product in admin (ie not "editing" but when clicking on the eye icon) you get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function tep_get_products_head_title_tag_alt() in C:\wamp\www\admin\categories.php on line 867

This is what I have on that line 867: 

$pInfo->products_head_title_tag_alt = tep_get_products_head_title_tag_alt($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);

2- In Page Control > product_info, even when selecting "product" in the left hand side Include box, the product title does not show in neither the meta-title nor the meta-description on the product_info page. 

I did make sure I ran the file headertags_seo_db_handler_hybrid.php and used all files within the Phoenix_V_1.0.7.4_and_later folder from the Header Tags SEO V3.3.11 version dated 16th november 2020

Maybe this 2nd issue is tied to the 1st one?

Phoenix_preview.png

3 hours ago, alix32 said:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function tep_get_products_head_title_tag_alt() in C:\wamp\www\admin\categories.php on line 867

To fix this, find this around line 830 

foreach (tep_get_languages() as $l) {

and change it to

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ 
    include_once 'includes/functions/header_tags_general.php';
    /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ 

foreach (tep_get_languages() as $l) {

For the second problem, did you change the code in the template_top.php file?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks @Jack_mcs - 1st problem resolved although the admin/categories file in V1.0.7.6 is slightly different - this is how I fixed this:

include_once 'includes/functions/header_tags_general.php';

$languages = tep_get_languages();

As for the second problem, I didn't manually edit the template_top file I simply overwrote it with the one provided in the package, so I do have the call to the header_tags.php file 

<?php
include('includes/header_tags.php');
?>

It might be a version compatibility issue with V1.0.7.6...?

8 minutes ago, alix32 said:

It might be a version compatibility issue with V1.0.7.6...?

No, it shouldn't be. Have you ran fill tags?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

On 12/18/2020 at 3:51 PM, Jack_mcs said:

No, it shouldn't be. Have you ran fill tags?

Yes I did fill the tags and that worked as I can see all the existing products' meta data populated. And then I went into Page Control > product_info.php enabling "product" and from that point I'd expect any newly created products to display the product name in the the meta-title on the fly but nothing's showing unless you go into edit the product information in admin and manually re-enter the product title in the "Products Title for SEO" field

2 hours ago, alix32 said:

product title in the "Products Title for SEO" field

The problem is that that box is not part of this addon so the HTS code doesn't fill it in. I'll change that in the next version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Changed the code in the HTS display module in admin to prevent php warnings.
  • Changed the code in the HTS test file in admin to prevent php warnings.
  • Changed the code in admin/categories.php to automatically fill in the stock SEO fields. Found by @alix32.
  • Corrected link in Version Checker that gave incorrect results.
  • Removed some unused defines left over from a previous version.

Note: These changes only apply to Phoenix shops 1.0.7.4 and later.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

anyone else having this problem?:

admin/categories.php?cPath=&pID=137&action=update_product

When editing a products name i get presented with this error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

running on PHP 7.3

In Page Control:

Header Tags SEO V 3.3.11

Should be updated to Header Tags SEO V 3.3.12

Even after changing the file permissions still get the error on Unix Server

Permissions settings for the /includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.

PHP 7.3

18 hours ago, Owl Sauron said:

Should be updated to Header Tags SEO V 3.3.12

Thank you for mentioning this.

18 hours ago, Owl Sauron said:

Even after changing the file permissions still get the error on Unix Server

For most sties, the setting on the images directory matches that of a writable file but they may not be the case for your shop. You can check the permission settings on the images directory and change the ones on the includes/header_tags.php file to match them and it should work. Or just turn off the setting to ignore that check.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MyBookShop said:

How can I change this to "en_AU" ?

It should be done automatically. Have you changes the locale setting in english.php, or whichever language you use?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

How very odd.

My /admin/includes/english.php must have been overwritten to a default recently in an upgrade.

setlocale(LC_ALL, ['en_AU.UTF-8', 'en_AU.UTF8', 'ena_au']);

the other english.php remains like above too.

I've changed it but it remains the same.

Could you direct me in which file its picked up in the addon code and I will see if its my set-up.

Mark

Edited by MyBookShop

Thanks J,

What I think I've learnt.

if (isset($_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"])) {
    $loc = explode(',',$_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"]);
    $ogArray['locale']  = str_replace('-', '_', $loc[0]);

HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE is a Apache2/NGNIX variable that's passed thou to PHP and is probably set in the servers config.ini files.

The '<meta property="og:locale" content="en_US" />' is not about location as I thought, but about language, here being English_US style.

So its not important like I thought, changeable, but ultimately not really worth the effort.

Thanks m8

Have just installed Header Tags 3.3.12 

I needed to add to catalog_only_new_files\admin\includes\languages\english\header_tags_seo.php

define('HEADING_TITLE_HTS', '<b>Errors:</b>');
define('TEXT_CLOSE_POPUP_HTS', 'Close');

Anyway a couple of questions if anyone can help,

1) Even with the permissions for /includes/header_tags.php  set to 777 I still get an error message that the permissions are set to the wrong level, is there a simple way to see if the file is being sucessfully updated so I can happily ignore it?

2) Should there be a button to update the "Deafult Tags" on the Page Control page of header_tags_test.php? I used phpmyadmin to set my values.  In the right column there are 2  "Submit Query" links for the Meta Tags and add a Pseudo Page options.

3) Finally on www.storegalore.co.uk testing on cpath 13 the keywords are not poulated as shown below, any ideas anyone?

image.thumb.png.34fa33c8efb02b2e8d2ac884b8a93b52.png

header_tags_seo.php

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hi Geoffrey,

2 hours ago, geoffreywalton said:

1) Even with the permissions for /includes/header_tags.php  set to 777 I still get an error message that the permissions are set to the wrong level, is there a simple way to see if the file is being sucessfully updated so I can happily ignore it?

The code checks the permissions on the includes/header_tags.php file and compares them to those of the images directory. So first compare the two and change the former if different. There is also an option in the settings to ignore the difference. You probably know that it is not a good idea to use permissions of 777 so I suggest changing that, if possible.

2) Should there be a button to update the "Deafult Tags" on the Page Control page of header_tags_test.php? I used phpmyadmin to set my values.  In the right column there are 2  "Submit Query" links for the Meta Tags and add a Pseudo Page options.

The default tags are set with the same button that sets the meta tags.

3) Finally on www.storegalore.co.uk testing on cpath 13 the keywords are not poulated as shown below, any ideas anyone?

You have to enter cPath=13 in the View Result box.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the quick feedback!!

1) The error message showed when the permissions on header_tags.php were 755 and 777. I didn't just want to turn off the error message if something was supposed tpo be writen to this file, so as I suspect the file is updated by actions on this screen wondered if there was a simple test you could recomend. Guess I'll try updating some keywords, accessing that page on the site and seeing if the file size/date time/ contents of header_tags.php  changes.

2) I thought it might be that, but even though I added extra words in the default keywords box and clicked on save and they just disappeared, so I am unable to update them without using phpmyadmin.

3) The screenshot above is after entering "cpath=13" in the box and clicking on view results check box. I would expect "Storage, storage units, Wymondham, Attleborough, Heathersett, Hingham, Barnham Broom, Catfield, Ludham" from the keywords box above to appear in the empty keywords box above the save key, not for it to be empty and highlighted in red.

When entering the same data on the test page, the From Site Meta Keywords field is blank and highlighted in red.

Whilst I am here could I ask if the Keywords screen should be populated automatically? The showing page drop down is empty but the display drop down has 3 values.

image.thumb.png.49835fbec4692b0dc65e2e19c9331695.png

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

So I added a search word to the table

INSERT INTO `headertags_keywords` (`id`, `keyword`, `counter`, `last_search`, `google_last_position`, `google_date_position_check`, `found`, `ip_number`, `language_id`) VALUES ('1', 'storage', '1', '0000-00-00 00:00:00.000000', '0', '0000-00-00 00:00:00.000000', '0', '0', '1');

Which disyled on the keywords page but clicking on get position button gave these errors, I am using the from the 1.0.7.4 and later files.

image.thumb.png.012e5e88cb18560f7b3ca267208ab602.png

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.