• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

@Rollo44 I don't have that version setup here so I can't test it but the following may work. In admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php, find

<td align="center"><?php echo (tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE) ); ?></td>

and replace it with

<td align="center"><?php echo tep_draw_bootstrap_button(IMAGE_UPDATE, 'fas fa-save', null, 'primary', null, 'btn-success btn-block btn-lg'); ?></td>

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks, that works, the buttom is back. Unfortunatly something else doesn't work. After pressing the update bottom its says that tags have been filled. But when you go to the category or product page the SEO fields are empty. But maybe its just my store.

No, it's probably the code since the button has not been tested. You could try running the included cron file since that files empty tags and doesn't need a button. I don't recall if it will run manually but you could quickly setup a cron job for it. As for the button, I may work on that at some point. The problem is that every other version of Phoenix breaks code that has always worked and, as a developer, it just takes too much time to keep up with the changes.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack using Pheonix 1.0.5.4 and trying to install. FIND (around line 787):

<?php
  } elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {
    $product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id, pd.products_seo_title, p.products_gtin, pd.products_seo_description, pd.products_seo_keywords from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['pID'] . "'");

REPLACE WITH:

<?php
    /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ 
    $product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id, pd.products_seo_title, p.products_gtin, pd.products_seo_description, pd.products_seo_keywords, " . GetHTSFieldListWithIDs() . " from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['pID'] . "'");
    /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ 

problem is  that I already replaced that area with Quantity Price breaks

<?php
    // BOF QUANTITY Price Breaks
    $product_query = tep_db_query("select p.*, pd.*, ptdc.discount_categories_id, dc.discount_categories_name from products p left join products_to_discount_categories ptdc on p.products_id = ptdc.products_id left join discount_categories dc using(discount_categories_id), products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['pID'] . "'");

How can I combine them to work.

Thanks

"Do what I'm thinking Not what I said." https:windowanddoorparts.us

@dewarsco2You can skip that step. Its purpose is to load in the new fields added by this addon. But in the newer versions of Phoenix, the code loads in all of the fields already so doing this step is not needed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Hi Jack,

I try to install unsuccessfully.
I restore files but site show HTS_TEXT_VIEWING and social icons in catalog and HTS_BOX_HEADING_HEADER_TAGS_SEO menu.
Where define name? or How I can full remove

Those defines are in the language files. To fully remove, you have to reverse the steps you made when you installed it or restore the files from backup.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...
909/5000

Hi Jack,

I have installed Header Tags SEO V 3.3.7 (Catalog part) in OSCOM CE Phoenix v1.0.4.0.
I used the instal_category.txt file for the 5 files i.e. template_top.php, application_top.php, product_listing.php, category_tree.php and advanced_search_result.php.

after installation I saw no more category names in the categories box. The link to the sub category / product list still works.
This was caused by the (new) empty fields in the category_description table. (the category_description field and the new ...._ htc _.... fields are still empty.) So far so good, I would say.

But what I still miss is the title "Replace me in Page Control under index.php - oscommerce-solution.com"
can you tell me how important this is, or will this be fine after installing the admin part?
If not can you give me a direction what I can check / change?

2 hours ago, LuckyPiedro said:

can you tell me how important this is

It's very important that you change it. That is the web browser title for the home page and is what the search engines see before anything else.  So you want to rank well for my domain name, :), you should change it. That can be done in admin->Header Tags SEO->Page Control for the index.php file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your quick response. I understand what you mean by adjusting the web browser title in the Admin. Perhaps I think I have not made my question clear.. 🙂 

In your installation instructions it is stated that after installation of the "catalog" part a check is possible for correct functioning, i.e. The (default) web browser title "Replace me in Page Control under index.php - oscommerce-solution.com" should then be visible on the index.php page. If the (default) web browser title is not visible, it must first be resolved before installing the Admin part.

The (default) web browser title is not visible to me and will not be visible if I manually change the relevant database fields.

Before I install admin I would like to fix this. Can you tell me where in the code / which file this (default) web browser title will be inserted?

Thanks in advance,

LuckyPiedro

I apologize for the confusion. That text is in the database. Other than manually editing the database, the only way to change it is in Page Control. The code that displays the title is includes/hesder_tags.php.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs

hi Jack,

In the Header Tags SEO V 3.3.6 module, from "includes/modules/header_tags_opengraph.php" you use this script to get the price info :

/**** Get the price ****/
                if (($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($og['products_id']))) {
                } else {
                    $new_price = $og['products_price'];
                }  
                $og_price = $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($og['products_tax_class_id']));
                $og_price = substr($og_price, 1);

this trick could work for price with US currency (eg. $39.90), but if, like me, you have price in EUR display like this "39.90 €", the result will be from header :

<meta name="twitter:data1" content="9.90&nbsp;€">

<meta property="product:price:amount" content="9.90&nbsp;€" />

instead of :

<meta name="twitter:data1" content="39.90">

<meta property="product:price:amount" content="39.90" />

See you.

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

Thanks for pointing that out. The code should be changed to this:

$og_price = $currencies->display_raw($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($og['products_tax_class_id']));
                //$og_price = substr($og_price, 1);

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you @Jack_mcs

Another (maybe) issue I found today is the update javascript function in "admin/header_tags_seo_social.php" that doesn't update the field content and so don't save the data.
In "Header Tags SEO Social Media"  page, I was not able to update the social URL fields...
I can delete them (delete content and save) but when I try to add content (url) impossible to registred them (!?!).

Could you try from your side, please ?

NB: I have updated with these files from v3.3.7 but same issue as before:
admin/header_tags_seo_social.php
- admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php
- admin/includes/functions/header_tags_general.php

Is there any changes in a TABLE or in another files that could explain this issue ?

Edited by milerwan

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. But to save something on that page you have to have the icon checked and text for it in the box assigned to it. It has been a long while since I looked at that code but, I think, you have to use the keywords for the url. The best thing to do is copy the text from another box, like Facebook, paste it into the box you want to change and edit it do it has the correct domain name.  If that doesn't help, please provide the steps needed so I can try it here.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Just to mention: when using PHP 7.4 there is an error in  modules/header_tags_seo/header_tags_opengraph.php :  Deprecated: Unparenthesized `a ? b : c ? d : e` is deprecated. Use either `(a ? b : c) ? d : e` or `a ? b : (c ? d : e)` 

Its the statement:    $ogArray['availability'] = ($og['products_date_available'] > date('Y-m-d H:i:s') ? 'pending' :$og['products_quantity'] > 0 ? 'instock' : 'oos');

I guess the resolution is: $ogArray['availability'] = ($og['products_date_available'] > date('Y-m-d H:i:s') ? 'pending' :($og['products_quantity'] > 0 ? 'instock' : 'oos'));

grtz Hans

Hi Jack, 

I noticed today that my Header content meta description is not filled with the data that I put into the categories_htc_description field, but instead its showing the default index text since I moved over to another host and upgraded the mod to version to 3.3.7.  I still use the pre-phoenix (BS) version because my site is  heavily modified (and bootstrap 4 needs a lot of changing).

My index page is not yet modularized.

Can you give me a hint where your code makes the call to insert the standard text instead of the   categories_htc_description . 

Thanks in advance

Hans

Jack, 

Sorry , forget my last post. I probably made a mistake when installing the update causing my htc_description_tag   fields te be  empty. So I restored my old values and its working again.  

Next time i'll check better ;)

regards Hans

No problem. I think it is a rule, at least it is for me, that one usually finds a mistake they made only after posting about it. :)

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@ce7That could be caused if the stylesheet fo this addon is not loaded. Check to make sure you have added the header tags code to the admin/includes/template_top.php file and that all of the new files have been uploaded, specifically the file in admin/includes/header_tags_seo/.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Added social icon for blogspot.
  • Changed open graph price code to work with other languages. Found by member milerwan.
  • Changed the Curently Viewing code to properly show for all pages.
  • Changed the Phoenix code to merge some of the code and database entries with that included in the stock shop.
  • Corrected mistakes in the database installed script.
  • Replaced the update button in Fill Tags to work with later versions of Phoenix.
  • Removed testing code for the Version Checker. Found by member @koopmanh.
  • Updated one of the update text files to fix mistakes. Found by member @demitry.
  • Updated the social icons - changed sumbleupon to mix.

Note: This is mainly an update for Phoenix, specifically version 1.0.7.3. If you are using Frozen, there are some changes that may fix a few problems. But if you are using Phoenix but not 1.0.7.3, then this update won't apply to your shop. It could work but some of the stock files have been moved in 1.0.7.3 and it takes too much time to try to provide all of the possible changes. So if you want to install this version, which has many improvements, make the changes to the files in catalog manually, after adjusting the path, and it will work fine.

The main focus of this update it to merge the stock SEO code with the more powerful options provided by this addon. With this version, all Phoenix shops can now take advantage of the extra options this addon adds.  This version also fixes a coding error in all stock Phoenix shops. So there's no downside now to installing this addon while there are many benefits.

Important: Be sure to use the headertags_seo_db_handler_hybrid.php database file if you have a 1.0.7.3 shop. If it gives an option to reset, click on that. For all other shops, use the headertags_seo_db_handler.php file.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons