• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

The fix I posted was from an unreleased versions. I didn't look at it as close as I should have and I see now it requires some other changes to work properly. But those changes are too numerous to post here so I will upload a new version with this and other problems fixed. I should get that done before Monday. I apologize for my quick answer causing more problems for you.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

8 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

The fix I posted was from an unreleased versions. I didn't look at it as close as I should have and I see now it requires some other changes to work properly. But those changes are too numerous to post here so I will upload a new version with this and other problems fixed. I should get that done before Monday. I apologize for my quick answer causing more problems for you.

No problem Jack, all the rest still works. I just can not duplicate a product to save time entering all the new products for the new season that just fell. I can still do it the "old" way!

Thank you for taking the time to prepare a new release.

Hi Jack,

I'm getting an error when going to edit the header tags for a particular product:

Header Tags SEO Meta Tag Data
Title TagBreadcrumb TextEnglish:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function tep_get_products_head_title_tag() in H:\root\home\instrumj-001\www\instrument\storelogin\includes\modules\header_tags_seo.php:19 Stack trace: #0 H:\root\home\instrumj-001\www\instrument\storelogin\categories.php(737): require() #1 {main} thrown in H:\root\home\instrumj-001\www\instrument\storelogin\includes\modules\header_tags_seo.php on line 19

Thanks!
John

1 hour ago, johnwurzbacher said:

I'm getting an error when going to edit the header tags for a particular product:

Please post the versions of oscommerce, php and this addon that you are using.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Version 3.0 was released seven years ago so it is not likely to be compatible with php 5.6. You will need to upgrade this addon to a newer version. I'm not sure if the latest version will work in your shop without changes. It may but be sure to use the Frozen version in the addon. If not, one or two versions before it should work. The safest way to upgrade is to do it one at a time using the included update files. That will take longer but should go more smoothly in the long-run. Just be sure to backup your files between each update so that if you need to back it out you don't lose all of your work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Corrected the code to add individual missing pages when the automatic page option is off.
  • Corrected the add missing pages code since it mangled the includes/header_tags.php file.
  • Corrected the code that adds categories and manufacturers to the titles so it doesn't apply when the parents setting is set to standard.
  • Corrected the duplicate product code in admin/categories.php.
  • Corrected the database installer so it did not delete previous tables.
  • Removed a call to language files no longer needed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Assuming you are working on a Phoenix shop, try removing that module and use the stock one. I remember making some changes to it but then decided to use the stock one and I forgot to go back and test it.  Just be sure you have made the change to the category_tree.php file in classes. Please let me know if it works or not.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

10 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

Assuming you are working on a Phoenix shop, try removing that module and use the stock one. I remember making some changes to it but then decided to use the stock one and I forgot to go back and test it.  Just be sure you have made the change to the category_tree.php file in classes. Please let me know if it works or not.

Yes Jack, Phoenix 1.0.4.3, replaced and it is still there. Category_tree was done.

11 hours ago, artfulweb said:

I uninstalled it, then no error. Put it back in and the error logged again.

uninstalled or just disabled?

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

18 hours ago, artfulweb said:

I uninstalled it, then no error. Put it back in and the error logged again.

The module is broken. That's why I said to remove it. Once you do that, you should get the error.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

43 minutes ago, artfulweb said:

Ok Jack. Thank you.

Does the stock listing module work correctly, meaning does it use the HTS text?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I just installed the update on my admin side. 

I run into two twings:

first the version still show 3.3.6
secondly I think the version-checker produces a strange result:

in the file header_tags_seo.php line 597:

<td class="smallText" align="right" style="font-weight: bold; color: red;"><?php echo AnnounceVersion($contribPath, $currentVersion, $contribName); ?></td>

outputs an complete array

<start screendump

get http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5851

Array
(
    [0] => 

[1] => 

[2] => 

[3] => 

[4] => 

[5] => 

[6] => 

[7] => 

[8] => 

[9] => 

[10] => [11] => [12] => [13] =

end screendump>

It looks like the result of the function in version checker is not what it should be:

FYI: I currently running the admin on php 5.6

4 hours ago, koopmanh said:

first the version still show 3.3.6
secondly I think the version-checker produces a strange result:

Thanks for mentioning these. For the version, I will change that in the next version. For the version checker, find this code in the admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php file

if (! function_exists('GetFileArray')) {
  function GetFileArray($path) {
    $lines = array();

if (false && function_exists('curl_init')) {
       $ch = curl_init();
       $timeout = 5; // set to zero for no timeout
       curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $path);
       curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
       curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, $timeout);
       $file_contents = curl_exec($ch);
       curl_close($ch);
       $lines = explode("\n", $file_contents);
       echo 'curl';
    } else {
     echo 'get '.$path;
       $lines = @file($path); 
    }   

?> <pre> <?php
print_r($lines);
?> </pre> <?php
    return $lines;  
  }
}

and replace it with this

if (! function_exists('GetFileArray')) {
  function GetFileArray($path) {
    $lines = array();

if (function_exists('curl_init')) {
       $ch = curl_init();
       $timeout = 5; // set to zero for no timeout
       curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $path);
       curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
       curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, $timeout);
       $file_contents = curl_exec($ch);
       curl_close($ch);
       $lines = explode("\n", $file_contents);
    } else {
       $lines = @file($path); 
    }   

return $lines;  
  }
}

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 11:31 PM, Jack_mcs said:

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Corrected the code to add individual missing pages when the automatic page option is off.
  • Corrected the add missing pages code since it mangled the includes/header_tags.php file.
  • Corrected the code that adds categories and manufacturers to the titles so it doesn't apply when the parents setting is set to standard.
  • Corrected the duplicate product code in admin/categories.php.
  • Corrected the database installer so it did not delete previous tables.
  • Removed a call to language files no longer needed.

Is it compatible with Phoenix- 1.0.5.0?

9 hours ago, radhavallabh said:

Is it compatible with Phoenix- 1.0.5.0?

Yes, it should. It was test in 1.0.4.4 and nothing was changed in the later versions of Phoenix that would cause problems.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons