• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

That doesn't have anything to do with this addon. My guess is that it is your hosts IP. It is owned by elite hosts so if that is your host, that is what it is.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Lexi If you can't identify the IP as one of your own or your hosts, I would check the site very carefully for hacker code since there's no reason for that to happen. You can run your site through our security checker to check for common security holes. But if you have a know good backup of your files, then you might want to download yours and compare them against it. If you are still having problems, please post a question in the general forums since it is off-topic here.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

installed \HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.3.3_1

on

osc234 -- Responsive-osCommerce-master

everything seems ok with one pesky problem so far

it knocked out my ckeditor

in the admin .config.HeaderTagsSeo

enabling CKEditor it works for categories desc but not for for products desc.

here is the error

Products Description:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_draw_textarea_ckeditor() in /home/site/public_html/bs/admin/categories.php on line 636

from admin>includes>template_top.php.i believe the problem is here.

//this code block is optional - if you want the ability to turn the editor on and off in admin add this - its not necessary and is not needed to make the editor work
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
?>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/headertags_seo_styles.css">
<?php
switch (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR) {
   case 'CKEditor':
     echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>';
    echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js"></script>';
   break;

case 'FCKEditor':
   break;

case 'TinyMCE':
     if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_CATEGORIES == 'true'   || 
         HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_PRODUCTS == 'true'     ||
         HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_LISTING_TEXT == 'true' ||
         HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_SUB_TEXT == 'true'      
        )
     {  
       if ($action == 'new_product' || $action == 'new_category' || $action == 'edit_category') { // No need to put JS on all pages.
         $languages = tep_get_languages(); // Get all languages
       // Build list of textareas to convert
         $str = '';
         for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {
           if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_CATEGORIES == 'true') $str .= "categories_htc_description[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";
           if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_PRODUCTS == 'true') $str .= "products_description[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";
           if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_LISTING_TEXT == 'true') $str .= "products_head_listing_text[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";
           if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_SUB_TEXT == 'true') $str .= "products_head_sub_text[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";
         }  //end for each language
         $mce_str = rtrim ($str,","); // Removed the last comma from the string.
       // You can add more textareas to convert in the $str, be careful that they are all separated by a comma.
         echo '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>';
         include "includes/javascript/tiny_mce/general.php";
       } 
     }
   break;

default: break; 
}     
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/
if (!defined('USE_CKEDITOR_ADMIN_TEXTAREA')) {
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, set_function) values ('', 'Use CKEditor', 'USE_CKEDITOR_ADMIN_TEXTAREA','true','Use CKEditor for WYSIWYG editing of textarea fields in admin',1,99,now(),'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),' )");
define ('USE_CKEDITOR_ADMIN_TEXTAREA','true');
}
if (USE_CKEDITOR_ADMIN_TEXTAREA == "true") {
?>

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_href_link('ext/ckeditor/ckeditor.js'); ?>"></script>
<!-- If you would rather use ckeditor.js file from a CDN uncomment the line below and comment the line above - if the version number has changed remember to change the version number - you'll actually find the line of code on the ck editor web site for your version -->
<!-- <script src="//cdn.ckeditor.com/4.4.4/full/ckeditor.js"></script> -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo tep_href_link('ext/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js'); ?>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(function() {
var $editors = $('textarea');
if ($editors.length) {
$editors.each(function() {
var editorID = $(this).attr("id");
var instance = CKEDITOR.instances[editorID];
if (instance) { CKEDITOR.remove(instance); }
CKEDITOR.replace(editorID);
});
}
});
</script>

<?php
// the closing brace here forms part of the php code block above
} //if you decide to leave out the php code block above then comment or remove this too
?>
</head>

I tried removing the header tag edits,

i tried removing the original ckeditor code

i changed the original directory and added second line in

echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>';
    echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js"></script>';

i have tried quite a few things. i need someone else to see what i am missing.

@@zpupster There are different ways to install CKEditor. You need to find a working call to the editor, like with the categories, and change the one for the products.

I'm curious why you would use a version that is not supported, at least by me, and probably won't be updated? Especially since my versions support the BS version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

this works

echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '110', '15', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])), 'id = "products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']" class="ckeditor"');

thanks Jack,

I'm curious why you would use a version that is not supported, at least by me, and probably won't be updated? Especially since my versions support the BS version.

could you elaborate, the header tag version that i found was the latest,(i believe)

are you talking about osc234 -- Responsive-osCommerce-master??

@@zpupster I'm the only one that has access to this addon. If someone has copied it and is making new versions, you're on your own when it comes to problems and upgrades unless it is something common like your last problem. The official version is located here.

Yes, I was referring to osc234 -- Responsive-osCommerce-master.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

@@Jack_mcs

There is a missing file when installing on a clean install of BS.  When installing the admin section you are instructed to upload all files in the catalog_only_new_files directory.  Once uploaded the installation is supposed to be complete.  The file /admin/includes/function/general.php is not included in that directory.  As a result, the following code is not part of general.php file and results in an error from not being able to call certain functions when adding/editing a product in admin:

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
  require('includes/functions/header_tags_general.php');
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

Something is wrong with the shop you are using. The general.php file is in all versions of oscommerce, though I haven't checked the latest version of BS. But I can't imagine that would have been removed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I think you are misunderstanding me.  For a clean install on this mod you have the directory of files to upload to the server.  Those files overwrite the files on the server with the header tags code.  In your directory of files to upload for a clean shop install of this addon, you are missing the general.php file that has the snippet of code added for this addon that needs to be uploaded to the server.  Download the package and navigate to Use_if_version_BootStrap/catalog_only_new_files/admin/includes/functions/ and you will see that you are missing the general.php file that need to be uploaded. 

The only way I found this issue is that I went back and re-read the instruction as if I were installing on a modded site and verifying all the files  had the proper code in them if I were having to edit those files myself.  As it so happens, per your instructions in for the Admin, the general.php is the first file that you edit and the snipped of code to add to the end of the file was not in my general.php file.  That's when I noticed that it was not included in the Use_if_version_BootStrap/catalog_only_new_files/admin/includes/functions/ directory.  It is included in the Use_if_version_BootStrap/catalog/admin/includes/functions/ directory but that is not the directory that the instructions tell you to use to upload if you have a new unmodded shop.

Oh OK, I understand now. That is a mistake in the instructions. I will correct them In the next version. Thanks for pointing out the mistake.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The insturctions for uploaded the files for a clean shop for the catalog side and admin side seem to be backwards as far as which folder to upload from.  For the catalog side it instructs you to upload from the "catalog" directory but for the admin side it instructs you to upload from "catalog_only_new_files." Might I suggest renaming the folder to upload from for both the admin and catalog side to "clean_installation_files" and the folder for a modded shop to "new_addon_files" or something of the link to make it more clear.

They are backwards. At one point they were named differently and the new files were in Catalog. That caused a lot of confusion (you can find posts about it in this thread). So I switched the files but didn't think to switch the instructions, thus the problem you are having.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I installed Header Tags SEO V 3.0.

Now i have a problem in admin / configuration / seo urls.

It's displays an error.

I'm running localhost with a clean setup.​

http://imgur.com/GDZJW2e

it says:

​Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls' not found or invalid function name in E:\test phpppppppppppsdfsdffsdfsdf\wamp\www\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 1272

Hi Jack,

I have everything reinstalled, and now I get this error.​

btw. I got this error in  my admin / header tags seo / page control

error.gif Page not added - file name is invalid - opensearch.php ​

error.gif Permissions settings for the .............   /includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.

The strange thing is this, I put the permissions to 777​

please help.

Those "invalid" messages are a little misleading. They mean the page is invalid for use with the Header Tags SEO code. It was added because some sites leave copies of regular files in the root that can cause a failure with this addon.

The exclude link will just hide the file from that list. It won't make any changes to the files. So this can be a dangerous thing if not used correctly. If there is a file that is a security hazard in the root, clicking exclude will leave it there so you would still have a security error. The opensearch.php file is a file used by your shop. It won't cause any problems and can be excluded.

The permissions error occurs because the permissions on the includes/header_tags.php file don't match those on the images directory. It uses that since the images directory is normally writeable. If you are sure the file can be written to, you can turn off the checking of it in the settings. 

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi Jack,

I also get tis error in de testpage

Database/File Mismatch Error:  explain The number of file entries in the database (20) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (19).  Files not in the includes/header_tags.php file:   opensearch.php

It just means opensearch.php was added to that file. You can edit that file and remove it, after clicking the exclude link for it, and it shouldn't happen again. Though it is harmless if it does.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi Jack I think I solved my problem.

Im running on a windows server that do not support chmod.

so I can not change the permissions to 777.

tomorrow I set the server to Linux.

anyway thanks for the quick advice. (w00t)

​​

Jack,

Working with the 2.3.3.4 BS version, do you know if this in any way affects the "Colorbox Script?"  For the default Samsung Galaxy item, all the images are full size and just stacked on top of each other.  The nice format is no longer there.

Current addons:

Header Tags

Ultimate SEO URLS

Custom Server Error Pages

Header Status Handler

Additional Orders Info

Store Pickup (shipping module)

Mail Manager (automated email system)

Ajax Attribute Manager

hi Jack,

I have set the server to linux with the permission of 777 in headertags.php

Now I have the following error:

From Site: 
    Title ->  
    Meta Description ->  
    Meta Keywords ->  

From Settings: 
    Title -> test title 
    Meta Description -> test description 
    Meta Keywords -> test, keywords 

Results of scan: 
    specials.php is missing Header Tags code or it is not installed correctly. Verify that Fill Tags has been ran and that the root checkbox or the default checkboxes have been checked in Page Control. 

Also, it does not matter if I have create a new categorie or product in the admin.

If I look at the page source I only see the title.

No description and keywords.