• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

This addon doesn't have anything to do with that but it might be that you made some mistake that is causing it. I suggest you remove all of the changes you made to the admin and make sure there aren't any security problems. If not, apply the changes a few at a time. Make the changes to the files in directories first, like English and functions, checking for messages after each change..

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

This addon doesn't have anything to do with that but it might be that you made some mistake that is causing it. I suggest you remove all of the changes you made to the admin and make sure there aren't any security problems. If not, apply the changes a few at a time. Make the changes to the files in directories first, like English and functions, checking for messages after each change..

ok i'll try that i had no mods to admin that i remember besides changing name and making admin https in config and none of those were touched with this mod so i just uploaded the files just as they were in the folder and i had no errors before that maybe i need to try reupping untouched files then modify them manually maybe there are errors or spaces in them

Edited by Ray59

If you have a 2.3 version of oscommerce and you just uploaded the files, the column_left file in admin may be a problem. You shouldn't use that for later versions of 2.3.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

After some time search, most problems are solved.

- problem with product listing.

In "includes\modules\product_listing.php"

$hts_listing = tep_db_fetch_array($hts_listing_query);
if (tep_not_null($hts_listing['products_head_listing_text'])) {
     $lc_add .= '<div class="hts_listing_text">' . $hts_listing['products_head_listing_text'] . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . (int)$listing['products_id']) . '">' . $seeMore . '</a></div></td>';

Removing a dot and all is ok :

$lc_add = '<div class="hts_listing_text">' .

- problem when opening a picture in large size on product page.

This problem appears only when replacing product_info.php file with the one included in the contribution directory.
When the mods are done on the 2.3.4 file, big picture is opened ok.

- problem with header-tags social box : not solved

Social links on pages, as created by "include/module/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php" are strange.

In admin configuration, facebook is set to

http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=URL&TITLE

I was expecting this link :

www.facebook.com/share.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%2Fosc%2Fproduct_info.php%3Fproducts_id%3D28&amptitle=Samsung+Galaxy+Tab

What i get :

www.facebook.com/share.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%2Fosc%2Fproduct_info.php%3Fproducts_id%3D28&ampSamsung+Galaxy+Tab&media=http://localhost/osc/images/samsung/galaxy_tab.gif&title=Samsung+Galaxy+Tab
Edited by Pascal D

@@Pascal D The period in the product listing means to add the code to the existing code. By removing that, you have removed the original code, assuming it was before the Header Tags code or, if after, rendered this option useless. No one else is having the problems you report, or haven't said so if they are, so it seems to be something in your shop. Unfortunately, there's no way for me to help with that in a support thread. All I can suggest to be sure you are using the correct files for your version of oscommerce.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I know the meaning of the period, to add with previous content.

But i've checked in "HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.3.2_1" (February 2 2014).

This version does not have the dot. And, for me, the product_listing is ok.

The dot appears only with version 3.3.3, not in previous versions.

The problem can only be seen when displaying a category that contains items with a defined "Product Listing Text". This text is misplaced.

Edited by Pascal D

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone please help? ive spent so much time trying to make this work...i am talking MONTHS! i love this and at one time it worked perfectly till i had to upgrade.
1. The category pictures does not  show up.

2. I cannot add a large image to the product. It takes me back to home page of admin.
3. The admin page does not look right on left hand column. I can give login details if you want to check it out.

www.sacredorigin.com

Can anyone suggest why this is happening? What page or code?
Its a fresh install of the latest os package and no other modifications are made.

Thank you immensely!

@@sacredorigin It sounds like all of the problems is in the product edit page in admin. if that is the case, then the problems are most likely related to the admin/categories.php file. Try replacing that with your original and see if the problems clear up. if they do, then makes the changes a few at a time to find the cause of the failures. Please be careful when uploading files from the package since there are too many variations now of oscommerce and I don't supply a working set of files for each version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Can anyone please help? ive spent so much time trying to make this work...i am talking MONTHS! i love this and at one time it worked perfectly till i had to upgrade.

1. The category pictures does not  show up.

2. I cannot add a large image to the product. It takes me back to home page of admin.

3. The admin page does not look right on left hand column. I can give login details if you want to check it out.

www.sacredorigin.com

Can anyone suggest why this is happening? What page or code?

Its a fresh install of the latest os package and no other modifications are made.

Thank you immensely!

oh... and i did run the test page. no major errors other than the fill tags which im not ready to do... first need a working store then can play with filling tags etc.

@@sacredorigin It sounds like all of the problems is in the product edit page in admin. if that is the case, then the problems are most likely related to the admin/categories.php file. Try replacing that with your original and see if the problems clear up. if they do, then makes the changes a few at a time to find the cause of the failures. Please be careful when uploading files from the package since there are too many variations now of oscommerce and I don't supply a working set of files for each version.

Thank you so much for the reply Jack! That is a great suggestion. I did try to replace the original categories.php file and nothing happend or changed. I tried doing this with many other files to see if i could find the problem...but so far no luck. I attached a snapshot of one of the problems im trying to solve with the left collum. Any ideas on why this might be occuring?

I have osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 and the latest download of Header tags SEO.

I have circled in pink the issues on the left collumn. I did try to replace leftcollumn.php with original but no luck. It is something in the new files folder. Thanks- Lee Ann

screenshot of left collumn issue.

www.sacredorigin.com/leftcollumn.jpg

Edited by sacredorigin

@@sacredorigin The error in the image you posted is due to a missing definition in one of the language files. If you replaced the English.php file in admin, that could cause that. I would rename the whole admin directory to something else, then upload all of the original admin files to a new admin directory, correct the configure file and then see if it works. If it does, then it is a matter of tracing down the file that is causing it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@nandima Please make the following change to see if it fixes the problem. In the admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php file,  find this line

foreach ($allicons as $icon) {

and change it to

foreach ((array)$allicons as $icon) {

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@sacredorigin The error in the image you posted is due to a missing definition in one of the language files. If you replaced the English.php file in admin, that could cause that. I would rename the whole admin directory to something else, then upload all of the original admin files to a new admin directory, correct the configure file and then see if it works. If it does, then it is a matter of tracing down the file that is causing it.

ok so i did this..and so far it seems that template_top.php is the issue. I will look at the code and see if its something obvious.

ok so i did this..and so far it seems that template_top.php is the issue. I will look at the code and see if its something obvious.

@@JackM_mcs I see that this is the only code change.... is it possible javascript error?

<?php

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

switch (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR) {

case 'CKEditor':

echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="./ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>';

break;

case 'FCKEditor':

break;

case 'TinyMCE':

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_CATEGORIES == 'true' ||

HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_PRODUCTS == 'true' ||

HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_LISTING_TEXT == 'true' ||

HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_SUB_TEXT == 'true'

)

{

if ($action == 'new_product' || $action == 'new_category' || $action == 'edit_category') { // No need to put JS on all pages.

$languages = tep_get_languages(); // Get all languages

// Build list of textareas to convert

$str = '';

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_CATEGORIES == 'true') $str .= "categories_htc_description[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_PRODUCTS == 'true') $str .= "products_description[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_LISTING_TEXT == 'true') $str .= "products_head_listing_text[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_SUB_TEXT == 'true') $str .= "products_head_sub_text[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";

} //end for each language

$mce_str = rtrim ($str,","); // Removed the last comma from the string.

// You can add more textareas to convert in the $str, be careful that they are all separated by a comma.

echo '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>';

include "includes/javascript/tiny_mce/general.php";

}

}

break;

default: break;

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

?>

@@sacredorigin You can remove the change in admins template_top file. It will just prevent an html editor from being used so it is OK to remove it for testing.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Any one have an issue with X-Sell and this contribution? I can't install this contrib because it wants me to change X-Sell code and I don't know where to begin with infusing the two!

Edited by MarcellaE

It works fine with that addon (any addon other than another meta tag one) but you have to merge the changes for this one and that one together..

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello

After installing the HTS V 3331 I get the following error: 

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_BREAK, expecting ',' or ')' in /home/my_site/www/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 99 

Can somebody explain to me what I done wrong?

Thank you in advance