• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

@@bebe cash 59 I'm not sure I understand what you are saying but if you are referring to the Twitter Card, you have to set that up in the social section of Header Tags SEO in admin. Have you done that?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

despite the fact that I not using manufacturers, I've noticed that time to time there is MySQL error becouse of Unknown column 'mi.manufacturers_htc_breadcrumb_text' in 'field list'. I've not been able to find complete modification of the manufacturers table in the previous releases, would you be so kind as to post me the SQL code for that table (and manufacturers_info if applicable) please?

Edited by mr_absinthe

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

@mr_absinthe If you run the included update file it will add that in. The url is http://domain name/headertags_seo_update.php?reset_options=true

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

:blush: Oh! I had not seen this new line.

THanks for your gently reply !!

Very confused to have you disturbed with this bad question

bebe cash 59

Version OSCOM CE Phoenix v1.0.5.9 + french language (v1.0.5.8 & Merge pull request #955 from gburton/1.0.5.9

php 7.1.3 MySQL 5.7.17  local with easyphp 

adds on: shipping spu 

common browser: Chrome

Shop multishop 2.2 with many addons.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

Can you help troubleshoot?  Getting a blank page on any attempt of search on my site - quick search or from Advance Search page.  Hosting showing the error is a PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function gethtstagcloudlink() in  /xxx/xxx/public_html/includes/modules/header_tags_keywords.php on line 18

This is the line:

$found = (GetHTSTagCloudLink($keyword, $languages_id) == false ? 0 : 1); //keyword is in products, categories or manufacturers tables

Installed:

Header Tags SEO 3.3.0

OS Commerce v2.3.3.2

Thanks in advance

The error is saying it can't find a function that this addon provides. That function is in the includes/functions/header_tags.php file. Please check to make sure it has been uploaded?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The error is saying it can't find a function that this addon provides. That function is in the includes/functions/header_tags.php file. Please check to make sure it has been uploaded?

I re-uploaded the file and now when search this appears instead of blank page

1146 - Table 'xxxx_database.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS' doesn't exist

select 1 FROM TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS where keyword = 'skull' and language_id = 1

[TEP STOP]

That error is saying you didn't make one of the required changes. Since this is the second mistake, I wouldn't trust the rest of the installation and suggest you start over.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jack, I have a shop with Header Tags SEO installed. V 3.3..2.

When updating to 2.3.4 and getting to the part that forces SSL in Admin,  CKEditor will not load if I enable that in admin/includes/configure.php.   If I disable, ckEditor will work.

In HT SEO 3.3.2 I have CKEditor enabled for products descriptions and Header Tags Category Description only.  So when I try to edit those parts, the HTML editor does not appear.

I am presuming that some SSL coding needs added to get this to work but I am not sure.   Looking through the install instructions for 3.3.2 I see some code with SSL includes is replaced by code that does not have SSL.

What do you think?

Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Steve - I am not familiar with any change that puts any control of CKEditor in the configure file so I don't understand the comment about enabling it there. I just recently installed Header Tags SEO into a 2.3.4 shop that has the CKEditor and it is working fine. The only condition to have the editor work was to enable it in the Header Tags settings. In this shop, the template_top file in admin has the code for Header Tags. Does your template file have that?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, I was referring to activating https in admin via the configure file as per this line of code in admin/includes/configure.php:

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

Where if set to false CKEditor will load for product and category descriptions.  That's all I have enabled.

If set to true, CKEditor does not load.  Nothing shows in the space where it should be.

Here is the code I have in admin/includes/template_top.php

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
switch (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR) {
   case 'CKEditor':
     echo '<script type="text/javascript" src=".ext/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>';
	 echo '<script type="text/javascript" src=".ext/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js"></script>';
   break;

case 'FCKEditor':
   break;

case 'TinyMCE':
     if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_CATEGORIES == 'true'   ||
         HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_PRODUCTS == 'true'     ||
         HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_LISTING_TEXT == 'true' ||
         HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_SUB_TEXT == 'true'
        )
     {
       if ($action == 'new_product' || $action == 'new_category' || $action == 'edit_category') { // No need to put JS on all pages.
         $languages = tep_get_languages(); // Get all languages
       // Build list of textareas to convert
         $str = '';
         for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {
           if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_CATEGORIES == 'true') $str .= "categories_htc_description[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";
           if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_PRODUCTS == 'true') $str .= "products_description[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";
           if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_LISTING_TEXT == 'true') $str .= "products_head_listing_text[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";
           if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_SUB_TEXT == 'true') $str .= "products_head_sub_text[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";
         }  //end for each language
         $mce_str = rtrim ($str,","); // Removed the last comma from the string.
       // You can add more textareas to convert in the $str, be careful that they are all separated by a comma.
         echo '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>';
         include "includes/javascript/tiny_mce/general.php";
       }
     }
   break;

default: break;
}
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

Note that these two lines 

echo '<script type="text/javascript" src=".ext/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>';
     echo '<script type="text/javascript" src=".ext/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js"></script>';

Differ from the instructions because the version of CKEditor I am using calls for that file path.

Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

The Header Tags code definitely doesn't care if ssl is enabled or not and I don't think CKEditor does. Maybe the problem is that the etc directory is being accessed is causing the problem. I would try moving it to the admin directory and see if that makes a difference.  If you remove the Header Tags code from the template_top file, does the editor work in other parts of admin with or without ssl?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, I may have this now.

I followed the steps you suggested but that didn't affect anything.   So after putting the HT SEO code back in admin/includes/tempate_top.php I noticed there was residual coding there from when I first installed CKEditor (before I installed HT SEO).  So I removed that, and tested again and with SSL enabled in admin the editor is now appearing.  

That residual code has been there for a long time but only after forcing SSL in admin apparently did it become a problem.  Or so I am presuming at this point.

Tomorrow I am going to revisit this with Firebug and watch what happens when I test around a bit.

Thanks for your time.

• 3 weeks later...

Dupe Item description in categories/sub categories.

Osc V 2.3.4

I’m probably late in the game, but I’m stumped.

In my categories and sub categories, the item name is showing up twice.  Once on the side of the picture and once under the picture, centered, as it is supposed to be.  I believe it started after I upgraded the Header Tags SEO to V 3.3.2.  But not real sure.  I have been trying to find the problem on my own for some time. 

I have removed the product_info.php that was modified with the pure version (unmodified) of 2.3.4 and still get the same dupe in item names.

The name on the left of the picture is coming from product_info.php?cPath=XX_XX&products_id=XXX&.

The name under the picture is coming from product_info.php?products_id=XXX&

Please visit my web site “lbgdecor.com”  and click on a category and them a sub category to see the dupe’s in item descriptions.

Any ideas on how to remove the [product_info.php?cPath=XX_XX&products_id=XXX&] that is giving the dupe item name off to the left side of the picture?

@@dculley A lot of templates I see leave the original code in the includes/modules/product_listing.php file and then add their own farther down in it. So the output of the Header Tags changes is probably getting added twice that way. You can try replacing that file with your original to make sure the problem goes away to determine where it is coming from.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@ Jack_mcs

Out of all my searches I did not come across the product_list in include/modules.  I block out:

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

//  $lc_add = '</td>';

//  $hts_listing_query = tep_db_query("select products_head_listing_text, products_description from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = " . (int)$listing['products_id'] . " and language_id = " . (int)$languages_id);

//  if (tep_db_num_rows($hts_listing_query) > 0) {             

//      $hts_listing = tep_db_fetch_array($hts_listing_query);

//      if (tep_not_null($hts_listing['products_head_listing_text'])) {

//          $lc_add = '<div class="hts_listing_text">' . $hts_listing['products_head_listing_text'] . '...<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . (int)$listing['products_id']) . '"><span style="color:red;">' . sprintf(TEXT_SEE_MORE, $listing['products_name']) . '</span></a></div></td>';

//      } else if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_AUTOFILL_LISTING_TEXT == 'true') {

//          $text = sprintf("%s...%s", substr(stripslashes(strip_tags($hts_listing['products_description'])), 0, 100), '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . (int)$listing['products_id']) . '"><span style="color:red;">' . sprintf(TEXT_SEE_MORE, $listing['products_name']) . '</span></a>');

//          $lc_add = '<div class="hts_listing_text">' . $text . '</div></td>';

//      }

//  }      

//  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

//    $prod_list_contents .= '        <td><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . $listing['products_name'] . '</a>';

//    $prod_list_contents .= $lc_add;

//  } else {

//    $prod_list_contents .= '        <td><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . $listing['products_name'] . '</a>';

//    $prod_list_contents .= $lc_add;

//  }

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

And that took care of it.

Now is the question is do I need to replace the above and if so with what?

Thank you so much getting back to me so quickly.  I guess I should have posted for help earlier.

That's the code for the product listing descriptions. It adds a part of the description for each product on that page. The option that enables it is named "Enable AutoFill - Listing Text" and there is a listing box in the product edit page that can also do it  If you don't want to use that option, then you can leave the code out. If you want it, then you would have to figure out what it is showing up twice. That's not something I can help with here.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Alright guys I am very confused and I can't understand what I am doing wrong.

Everytime I try to change something (in this module of cource) in the Admin panel I get this message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in ...../includes/header_tags.php on line .....

When I download the file and look what's going on everytime I find that the "switch (true)" does not have a closing "}" sometimes some of the cases are not closed.

What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Edited by sapabg

Try replacing that file with the one from the package. Then, without going into admin, click around the shop to see if the problem is still there. If it isn't, then go into Page Control in admin and then back to the shop and see if the problem has returned. If it has, it means the code that writes to the file is causing the problem. That is almost caused by some invalid file in the root. If you have any warnings at the top of Page Control about invalid files, be sure to handle those.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try replacing that file with the one from the package. Then, without going into admin, click around the shop to see if the problem is still there. If it isn't, then go into Page Control in admin and then back to the shop and see if the problem has returned. If it has, it means the code that writes to the file is causing the problem. That is almost caused by some invalid file in the root. If you have any warnings at the top of Page Control about invalid files, be sure to handle those.

I did replace the file several times and it works with it but as soon as I do anything that updates the file it brakes.  Then when I go in it and put the missing "}" it works as it should.

There were some "invalid filename" warnings but I excluded them with the link at the end of the line.

CRE or oscMax Error:  explain CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the header_tags_seo_silo.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake. CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the header_tags_seo_keywords.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake. CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the header_tags_test.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake. CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the header_tags_seo.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.  

pixel_black.gif   Database/File Mismatch Error:  explain The number of file entries in the database (26) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (24).  Files not in the database:

article_info.php

These are the errors I get when I run the test but this is with a fixed header_tags.php (added "}"). Aside from some duplicate meta descriptions (I think don't matter right?) that's it.

I am pretty good with php but I don't have time to read all the code. If you can point me at something too look for. Thanks.

The problem is that something in your shop is confusing the Header Tags code. Then you go into Page Control, it checks the files and adds whichever ones are missing. For some reason, one of those is causing a failure. In the admin settings, turn off "Automatically Add New Pages" and turn on "ByPass New Pages Check."  Be sure to replace the file again and see if that helps.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Here goes the daft non programmer again.....lol

Have installed this contribution on OSC 2.3.4. Catalog side of things seems fine and admin loads ok but as soon as I click on Admin > Catalog, all I get is a blank page.

Now this is probably completely wrong but read in the support thread with regards blank page and changing some code in includes>application_top.php. Any way I made the changes with the error reporting function and cleared up the errors that were then beng reported. The only one I couldn't work out was

Notice: Undefined variable: SID in /home/*****/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 48

I am not sure if this would be causing the blank page problem but that line of code is the third line down in the below (just included the entire function for show)

// Add the session ID when moving from different HTTP and HTTPS servers, or when SID is defined
    if ( ($add_session_id == true) && (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'False') ) {
      if (tep_not_null($SID)) {
        $_sid = $SID;
      } elseif ( ( ($request_type == 'NONSSL') && ($connection == 'SSL') && (ENABLE_SSL == true) ) || ( ($request_type == 'SSL') && ($connection == 'NONSSL') ) ) {
        if (HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN != HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN) {
          $_sid = tep_session_name() . '=' . tep_session_id();
        }
      }
    }

Cheers in advance

Ricardo

Complete Newbie On The Learn - Not A Programmer

But Learning As I Go

This addon doesn't change either of the functions you mention. It also shouldn't cause a failure when you first go to admin unless you've made a mistake in the includes/column_left.php file. If you changed that file and your shops version doesn't use entries in that file, then that is why it fails. You can try replacing that file with your original. If that doesn't do it, see if there is an error in the error_log file in admin (or vice versa).

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons