• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Are you using a language other than English? Have you altered the languages in any way, like deleting and adding a language?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The default language is English so when you add a different language, the ID changes. The code in Fill Tags should take this into account, and does in all of my tests, but someone posted not too long ago that they were having a problem with it working correctly. You can use the fill tags file from an earlier version (before 3.3.1) and, if that is the problem, it should work.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

Tried version 3.2.9 fill tag file.. got this..

299 Empty Category tags have been filled. 65 Empty Manufacturer tags have been filled.

5301 Empty Product tags have been filled.

Should be working ?

Other question.. when i add a product there is a big box of the header tags seo in the middle of the screen called Header Tags SEO Meta Tag Data  

Is it possible to hide that one because as far as i understand it would auto fill. Or put that box totally at the bottom of that screen ?

Greetings, Anne

Yes, it seems to be working now. There's no way to hide that box. You can move the code for it (about 10 lines) anywhere on the page, if you like. The code does auto-fill but just with the item name.  That is probably OK for the title but google likes more descriptive text for the meta description and if you don't provide one they like, they may make up their own. So I suggest checking a few products after they have been updated on google to see if you need to change that or not.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, I am having a problem with Step 2 in Install_Catalog.txt ( I have Oscommerce 2.3.3):

2) In index.php

FIND (Around line 38)

if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
    $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
    $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>

<h1><?php echo $category['categories_name']; ?></h1>

REPLACE with

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
    $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, IF(cd.categories_htc_title_tag_alt != '',cd.categories_htc_title_tag_alt,cd.categories_htc_title_tag) as categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
    /*** end Header Tags SEO ***/
?>

<h1><?php echo $category['categories_htc_title_tag']; ?></h1>

<?php 
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ 
if (tep_not_null($category['categories_htc_description'])) { 
   echo '<h2 style="text-decoration:none;">' . $category['categories_htc_description'] . '</h2>';
} 
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ 
?>

My index.php does't have:

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
?>

<h1><?php echo $category['categories_name']; ?></h1>

Any help would be really appreciated!

This is my current index.php: 

<?php
/*
  $Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php
  $category_depth = 'top';
  if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
    $categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
    $categories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
    if ($categories_products['total'] > 0) {
      $category_depth = 'products'; // display products
    } else {
      $category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
      $category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);
      if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {
        $category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories
      } else {
        $category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message
      }
    }
  }

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);
?>

<?php
  $current_page = FILENAME_CATEGORIES_NESTED;
  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');

include(FILENAME_CATEGORIES_NESTED); 
?>

<?php
  } elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']))) {
  $current_page = FILENAME_CATEGORIES_LISTING;

include(FILENAME_CATEGORIES_LISTING);
?>  

<?php
  } else { // default page
  $current_page = FILENAME_DEFAULT;

?>
<?php  if	( (NEW_PRODUCTS_MODULE_DISPLAY_FIRST_PAGE == 'true') || (NEW_PRODUCTS_MODULE_DISPLAY_FIRST_PAGE == 'true')) { ?>
<?php ?>	
<?php } ?>

<div class="none">
<?php echo tep_draw_title_top();?>
<h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>
<?php echo tep_draw_title_bottom();?><br />
</div>

<?php
if	(NEW_PRODUCTS_MODULE_DISPLAY_FIRST_PAGE == 'true')	{
	echo tep_draw_content_top();
	include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS);
	echo tep_draw_content_bottom();
}
if	(FEATURED_MODUL_DISPLAY_FIRST_PAGE == 'true')	{
	include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED); 
}
    include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);
?>
<?php  if	( (NEW_PRODUCTS_MODULE_DISPLAY_FIRST_PAGE == 'true') || (NEW_PRODUCTS_MODULE_DISPLAY_FIRST_PAGE == 'true')) { ?>
<?php ?>	
<?php } ?>

<?php
  }

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');
  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

The index.php file has three sections in it. You're using a template where the sections have been broken apart into other files. See the  categories_listing.php and categories_nested.php for the code you need to change.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This is my index.php:

<?php
/*
  $Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php
  $category_depth = 'top';
  if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
    $categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
    $categories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
    if ($categories_products['total'] > 0) {
      $category_depth = 'products'; // display products
    } else {
      $category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
      $category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);
      if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {
        $category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories
      } else {
        $category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message
      }
    }
  }

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);
?>

<?php
  $current_page = FILENAME_CATEGORIES_NESTED;

include(FILENAME_CATEGORIES_NESTED); 
?>

<?php
  } elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']))) {
  $current_page = FILENAME_CATEGORIES_LISTING;

include(FILENAME_CATEGORIES_LISTING);
?>  

<?php
  } else { // default page
  $current_page = FILENAME_DEFAULT;

?>
<?php ?>	
<?php } ?>

<div class="none">
<?php echo tep_draw_title_top();?>
<h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>
<?php echo tep_draw_title_bottom();?><br />
</div>

<?php
if	(NEW_PRODUCTS_MODULE_DISPLAY_FIRST_PAGE == 'true')	{
	include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS);
}
if	(FEATURED_MODUL_DISPLAY_FIRST_PAGE == 'true')	{
	include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED); 
}
    include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);
?>
<?php ?>	
<?php } ?>

<?php
  }

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');
  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

Hi, sorry for asking again, I'm just completely confused on one thing.

I've finished all catalog instructions, except for #8.

FIND:

<div id="storeLogo"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></div>

REPLACE with:

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
     <div><div id="storeLogo"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', (tep_not_null($header_tags_array['logo_text']) ? $header_tags_array['logo_text'] : STORE_NAME)) . '</a></div>';
      if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_PAGE_TOP_TITLE == 'true') { ?>
          <div style="position:absolute; top:0; left:40%; color:#aaa; font-size:10px; text-align:center"><?php echo $header_tags_array['title']; ?></div>
      <?php } ?>
     </div>
    <?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

My file does not have the code that has to be replaced, but rather this: 

<a class="logo" href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT);?>"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME, '', '', '')?></a>

Everytime I just replace the code, it adds a lot of empty space between my menu header and the start of the rest of the page. The store logo is also pushed up.

I've tried many times but I don't know enough to edit my code with the code required. 

If anyone is able to help me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

The code from the addon is using div's while your is not, at least in the part that you showed. So you'll need to figure out how to merge them. I can't go into detail because it is a template and there are too many variations of templates to help with.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the help, I figured it out. I just ended up using the exact code provided in the install file and then edited my css files to fix the spacing issue.

I installed everything correctly, but I just have one last question.

I'm trying to remove the google+ social bookmark, but whenever I disable it, it still shows up.

I even deleted everything from its url description, and deleted the image files from images/socialbookmark.

It doesn't show up in admin->Header Tags SEO->Social anymore, but it still shows up on my website.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yeah, I've had quite a few requests for removing that icon. The option will be in the next release. For now, you have to edit the includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php file and remove these lines:

echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script>';

echo '<div style="float:left; padding-top:' . $padding . 'px; padding-right:20px;"><g:plusone></g:plusone></div>';

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Need a little help. Starting to update from 3.3.0 to 3.3.1.  Step 1 Run the following mysql commands.

When I attemp I receive the following error:

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE headertags DROP PRIMARY KEY ;

MySQL said: dot.gif

#1046 - No database selected

From about 3.2.3 the database changes are included in the update file, unless I missed some. :) So just upload that file and visit it as http://YOUR DOMAIN NAME/headertags_seo_update?reset_options=true and your database will be at the latest released version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey, 

I was wondering if I could get help with an issue.

Whenever a customer logs in, it goes to an error page with the following:

Warning: session_regenerate_id() [function.session-regenerate-id]: Cannot regenerate session id - headers already sent in /home/ajadd2/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 179

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ajadd2/public_html/includes/application_top.php:579) in /home/ajadd2/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 51

When I run the test in admin, the only error I have is:

The manufacturers_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the manufacturers_info table.

But I installed Header Tags SEO on two websites and the first website doesnt have this problem even though it has that same admin test error.

If a customer goes back to the homepage by reentering the url, they are logged in perfectly fine.

If you could help me, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Hi Jack, I have Header Tags V 3.3.2 installed and am working through the osC Version 2.3.4 upgrade. 

I noticed that when viewing a product category page, the short products listing text for all the show products is being displayed first in the column, then all the products with title, image and price and shown following.

The short products listing text need to be re-associated with each product.   Where can I look to fix that up?  

Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Sorry about that...here's the screenshot

post-231701-0-06692300-1411667539_thumb.jpg

I was looking through includes/modlues/product_listing.php to see if I could figure things out but to now avail.

Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Jack, I got this fixed up.  I took a stock includes/modlues/product_listing.php file from the 2.3.4 version, then did a file comparison with your version of that same file for Head Tags, bringing Head Tags SEO code into the 2.3.4 version.   Updloaded that merged file and all is fine now.  

I got your version from the HT SEO 3.3.2 update by the way.

I didn't troll through the code of the file that was causing the problem to see what I might have done though, but anyway for now all's good.

Thanks for your time.

That's a strange one. No one else has mentioned the problem and I've not seen on installations I've done. Glad you figured it out though. :)

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

HI!
I have trouble with HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.3.2_1\Use_if_version_lessthan_2.3\catalog_only_new_files\includes\modules\header_tags_opengraph.php :

The initial request is

select groupname as storename, data as creator from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS_SOCIAL . " where section = 'twitter'

and i read into HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.3.2_1\Database_Files\headertags_seo_update.php :

('10', 'socialicons', 'twitter', 'http://twitter.com/home?status=URL&TITLE' '16x16')

so section is 'socialicons' and never 'twitter' ==> the request result is : nothing !

Have I not anything understanded ??

Thanks to explain me !

bebe cash 59

Edited by bebe cash 59

Version OSCOM CE Phoenix v1.0.5.9 + french language (v1.0.5.8 & Merge pull request #955 from gburton/1.0.5.9

php 7.1.3 MySQL 5.7.17  local with easyphp 

adds on: shipping spu 

common browser: Chrome

Shop multishop 2.2 with many addons.