• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

OK so basically if i cannot resolve it with the host i can always just add the data via an editor manually then re-upload to the server.

Thanks for your help.

No, that's not necessarily. The image you showed was for the View Result option. That allows you to see the title and tags on the page as a search engine would. It is just a viewing tool. You can, or at least should be able to, enter the data in Page Control and click update.

This addon doesn't have anything to do with the banners. If it is affecting them, it is because a mistake was made in the installation.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok i will look into the banners issue later, the problem i am having is when i click update in Page Control i get 2 red boxes and a 403 forbidden message, this occurs for product_info.php

The image you showed is for the View Result option and isn't looked at when the update button is pressed. It sounds like you have more issues with your installation than can be handled here. I do suggest you create a stock shop and use the included code in it. If you still have all of these problems then it is server related, though I've never see that happen.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...
Some days ago I upgraded on osc 2.3.4. On product info page I have links to datasheet among description of products. If I download fill tags manufacturers all links become wrong and they lead me to page error 404. Instead of .../datasheet-manafacturers-

productname.pdf  changes into .../datasheet-<strong>manafacturers</strong>-productname.pdf

If I clear manufacturers tags then links work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Ive been installing HTSEO and have come up with a bit of a problem that I have search for an answer for but had no real luck....

The keywords page in admin does not load properly.

here is an image of what it looks like http://creativeabundance.com.au/header_tag_SEO_keywords.jpg ... because I have not seen this working anywhere else I don't know what is missing or where the problem could be - every other page seems to be loading properly (at least without having done any actual using of the functions)

By the way are there any good online resources to explain all the SEO stuff that people would recommend?

Hi,

Forgot a few things in my post.. Correct question :

I have OSC 2.3.3.3 installed and in the contri pack of Header Tags SEO there are two versions before en after 2.3 which one is the best to install.. on 2.3.3.3 i don't use sts or bts

Greetings.. Anne

@@bigbird_3156 The store keywords options needs to be enabled and at least one search done on the site. Other than that, there shouldn't be any reason for the keywords not to display.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Dj-Viper The text on the directories say if less than or greater than 2.3. Since 2.3.3.3 is greater than 2.3, you would use that one.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Question, upgrading my SEO from 3.3.0 to 3.3.1 the upgrade instructions are pointing to something that has not been part of the admin/categories.php.  In step 9 around line 388 find:  it is looking for something that is not part of categories.php or found in categories.php.  Also the the same is true for line 417, the layout in the categories.php dos not match the file to find.

So the question is what to do?

I have stopped here not sure what else I will find. 

@@dculley You don't mention what version of oscommerce you are using or what the missing text is so I can't offer much help. But there are 3 or 4 variations of the stock categories file so the instructions can't cover them all. Well, it could but I don't have the time it would take to maintain them all. So the best thing to do in a case like this is to compare your file against the included one. It won't match but should be close. Or ask a specific question with all of the needed information and I will try to address it here.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've used the old version of this great contribution on my old Oscommerce site. Now I have upgraded to latest version (OSC 2.3.4) and I wonder if Header Tags SEO V 3.0 works on that?

I also have Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO installed, I hope that is not a problem.

Hi,

I installed the contribution, did everthing in de install files...  sql, php changes... etc..

Also no error.. But when i want to fill tags... i get this message in the box..

No Category tags have been filled. No Manufacturer tags have been filled.

No Product tags have been filled.

Using 3.3.2a and osc 2.3.3.4

Greetings, Anne

Edited by Dj-Viper

@@Dj-Viper If this is an update, that may be valid. If it is new, then maybe it is a language problem. In that case, please run the test routine to see if anything shows up.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs  I will try to give you more information.  I’m using Osc v 2.3.4.  I trying to catch up on some other updates.  In your version of 3.3.0 upgrade to 3.3.1, under the use_if_version_greaterthan_2.3/catalog/admin/categories.php. I used as a reference against mine.  The one in the upgrade does not have the files either to match step 9.

With the above said.  And I’m upgrading from 3.3.0, I’, using the document under: headerTags_SEO_v_3.3.1\Docs\Update_Docs\update_v_3.3.0_to_v_3.3.1.txt.  Everything was matching until I got to step 9 line 388

FIND:

$products_head_title_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'];

$products_head_desc_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'];

$products_head_keywords_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'];

$products_head_listing_text = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_listing_text'];

$products_head_sub_text = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_sub_text'];

$products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];

} else {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_head_listing_text, pd.products_head_sub_text, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

The above is no were to found in the admin/categories.php.   I went back to my oldest backup in 2012 and it is not part of the page.  So is it needed?  If so what is the correct coding?

Next on line 417 it does not match the page.

Doc says to find:

FIND:

$pInfo->products_head_title_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_desc_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_keywords_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_listing_text = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_listing_text[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_sub_text = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_sub_text[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_url = tep_get_products_url($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);

} else {

$pInfo->products_name = tep_db_prepare_input($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_description = tep_db_prepare_input($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_title_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_desc_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_keywords_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_listing_text = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_listing_text[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_sub_text = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_sub_text[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_url = tep_db_prepare_input($products_url[$languages[$i]['id']]);

}

The admin/categories.php the only thing close is the following;

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

$languages = tep_get_languages();

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

$pInfo->products_name = tep_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);

$pInfo->products_description = tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);

$pInfo->products_url = tep_get_products_url($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);

So what do I need to update?

I haven’t gone any further.   I’m used to things matching a lot better than the above.

Hi,

Did the test in Header Tags SEO Configuration - Test

Got this.. 

Duplicate title found:  explain   for Nederlands exists more than once.  
pixel_black.gif   Duplicate meta description found:  explain   for Nederlands exists more than once.  
pixel_black.gif   Missing Title and/or descriptions:  explain     Products Hama Achtergrond 135cm x 11m Beige

Greetings, Anne

@@dculley That looks like code In a pre-2.3 shop so I may not have edited the instructions correctly. You may want to use the actual install instructions instead because I think they are correct. But it would be easier if you used a compare program, link WinMerge, and compared the included file with yours. The blocks of code for Header Tags SEO are the same, there are just edits within them. So if you search for Begin and End Header Tags SEO, you can quickly find the sections that need changing.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Dj-Viper Is this an update or a new installation? If you go into a category or product edit page, is the Header Tags SEO title box filled in?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons