• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hello,

I have the problem that Header SEO Tags does not save edited settings in the admin section. Is this problem possibly related to the 2.3.4 OSC Version? There was a change from mysql to mysqli...

Thanks!

Lars

It is compatible with 2.3.4. It would seem you've made a mistake in the changes for the categories.php file, assuming you mean changes to category/product.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Can anyone shed light on this error:

1146 - Table 'xxxxxx_xxx.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_SOCIAL' doesn't exist

select groupname as storename, data as creator from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_SOCIAL where section = 'twitter'

FYI - table does appear in the database

Updating from 3.3.0 to 3.3.2.1 and this now shows up.  I'm in the process of checking the steps for accuracy at the time of writing but so far everything is correct.  My luck it would be the last file I check, or something other than the upgrade steps.

NavCopy  

You have to run the headertags_seo_update.php file. I suggest using the one from the latest version since it may contain additional updates and/or fixes.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

I have Header Tags SEO V 3.3.0   installed on oscommerce 2.3.3 and I have recently move to a new server at present i get a warning :Permissions settings for the /home/megansde/www/www/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.

I have double checked the permissions for the file indicated and it is correctly set - I am not on a windows server. Can you give me any info as to where i might check for the problem?

Thank You

Dan 

The settings will vary with the server. The code compares the settings to the images directory so change them to whatever it uses. If it still fails you will need to ask your host what the correct settings are.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack

I hope you are well mate, I need to disable the Header tags, (only the meta title, description and keywords) as I would like to use another contribution, how can this be done easily?

Cheers

Magento Sucks - Oscommerce Rocks.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just installed Header Tags SEO V3.32a on an v2.2 RC2a (PHP 5.2.17) running a standard skin with the below addons:

FWR Security Pro

SEO URLs 5

Google XML SEO

I have installed it fine however i have no Page Control to edit anything including the title on index.php which has has defaulted to the 'Replace me' message, i have reinstalled and i still have no option to edit anything via admin as i am missing the Page Control feature all i have when i click on the 'Header Tags SEO' option in 'Configuration' is the following:

post-330214-0-78063100-1406053249_thumb.png

Can you help?

The image you displayed is of the settings. Page Control is in the Header Tags SEO section, not the settings. If you don't see that section, then a mistake was made in the installation.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

OK, can you tell me which specific file in the Admin section has the code for the Page Control contained in it? i think i will have to go through each file and check that the code is present, as apart from this all is working fine however i have no control of it, it installs fine using the installer without errors so i am at a loss to explain why i don't have the Page Control function visible in Admin, does anyone else who is running RC2a had this problem?

No Category tags have been filled. No Manufacturer tags have been filled.

No Product tags have been filled.

I do not find how to fill tags. Any idea?

I always generates this error.

Excuse for my english

HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.3.2_1.          Oscommerce 2_3_3_4

Edited by mega01

You go into Fill Tags, scroll to the bottom, click on the Fill All Empty Tags for each section and then click update. If any errors occur, the page should scroll down automatically to see them but you may need to do that manually. But tags are only filled if they are empty so it might be that you've already ran them. The message you stated isn't an error. It is just a message letting you know nothing was changed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You go into Fill Tags, scroll to the bottom, click on the Fill All Empty Tags for each section and then click update. If any errors occur, the page should scroll down automatically to see them but you may need to do that manually. But tags are only filled if they are empty so it might be that you've already ran them. The message you stated isn't an error. It is just a message letting you know nothing was changed.

Thanks in advance. For me it is important to be able to talk with you.

there must be a mistake. I've tried many ways but does not fill the tags. 

I know this contribution since 2006 in my old version osCommerce 2.2-MS2 and has always worked for me perfectly.

Any idea?

www.latiendadelosvinos.com/catalog 

This site is still in test

Edited by mega01

I don't know what the problem might be. It is something in your installation but not something I can troubleshoot in a support thread. You could try this. Create a new directory, like admin_test. Copy your original admin files to it and edit the configure file so that you can login to admin using that directory. Then upload all of the files in the admin section of the addon to that directory and test it. If it works, then you can compare the two to find the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't know what the problem might be. It is something in your installation but not something I can troubleshoot in a support thread. You could try this. Create a new directory, like admin_test. Copy your original admin files to it and edit the configure file so that you can login to admin using that directory. Then upload all of the files in the admin section of the addon to that directory and test it. If it works, then you can compare the two to find the problem.

ok, I've found the problem. I think it's the add. I will try to explain to you can understand me. My English is not very good. 

In Header_tags_3.3.2.1 version (please see picture) does not work.

http://www.labotigadelvi.com/tmp/header_3_3_2_1.jpg

In Header_tags_3.2.9 version (please see picture) perfect

http://www.labotigadelvi.com/tmp/header_3_2_9.jpg

I just change the version files. I did not modify files and it works perfectly. 

Please Jack, do you understand me? I think it's a mistake of the contribution.