• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

@@Spiceupyour 1) - That is an option and doesn't cause "duplicate title and more," though I'm not sure what more means. If you don't want the text displayed at the top of the page, then turn the option off. 

2 - Header Tags SEO uses the directory named socialbookmarks. The change you made broke your installation.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I am sorry I did not mean to offend you in any way, I had to change the  directory name socialbookmarks to directory name social_bookmarks, because this was the default name in my new Fresh install of oscommerce V 2.3.4.

I was just trying to help the next guy that add your contribution to V2.3.4, once again I am sorry if you took offence

Edited by Spiceupyour

No offense taken at all. I'm sorry if my reply implied that. The name social_bookmarks is what oscommerce uses for the name of the social icons while socialbookmarks is what Header Tags SEO uses. You can change the name in the code if you like but it is not necessary. Just be sure to upload the images to the correct location, whichever you decide to use. But doing it your way can cause problems with future releases, or at least more work for you, so I don't suggest making that change.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

can you please tell me what exactly should Header Tags Category Title Alt do? I was kind of expecting it to change the name of category displayed on product_info - category page, similar to Title Tag - Alternate on the product page. However despite the fact that I can see categories_htc_title_tag_alt entry in the database, I don't see that code anywhere being entered or altered on any of the edited pages... apart from db_query. Can you please point me the right direction?  o:)

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

No offense taken at all. I'm sorry if my reply implied that. The name social_bookmarks is what oscommerce uses for the name of the social icons while socialbookmarks is what Header Tags SEO uses. You can change the name in the code if you like but it is not necessary. Just be sure to upload the images to the correct location, whichever you decide to use. But doing it your way can cause problems with future releases, or at least more work for you, so I don't suggest making that change.

You are right again, my mistake that I uploaded the pics to the existing folder, i should have just uploaded the whole folder included in your package to images directory, I told you I am new at this but learning something new everyday   :)

@mr_absinthe The category title alt is for the title on the category page. Your first post said, "...name of category displayed on product_info..." which is not what it is for. Are you sure you are looking at the category page and not the product page as you stated?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, that's correct. If you have edited that category and have text in the alt box, then it should display on the page. This assumes you have enabled the category check box in Page Control for index.php and have made the changes to the index.php file. Does the web browser title for that page show what you have set in admin?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This is what I have done:

1/ enabled the category check box in Page Control for index.php (Include: Category: checked 1) + I have enabled Product, NO Manufacturer, Root or Model

2/ made all the changes to the index.php file (but didn't see categories_htc_title_tag_alt anywhere in the code if that matters

3/ entered text under Header Tags Category Title Alt for English language

4/ cleared Header Tags cache

5/ browser shows Header Tags Category Title just fine

6/ page shows category Category Name

The alt tag for the categories is loaded in the index.php file. Please try uploading the one in the package and see if it works. You can rename it so it doesn't affect your shop.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

OK, the alt tag for the categories is loading fine when I use the index.php from the package... now I need to find the place in my heavily edited index.php file where the code might be missing or incorrectly edited. Can you please point me?

Thank you Jack, it looks like I've missed one part of code - I've actually kept old bit of code from controller there and didn't noticed that it has changed. It all seems to be working fine now. Great job you've done with these addons!

Hi Jack.

As I stated earlier I have a litte problem in the admin section. I have now identified the problem in the header_tags_fill_tags because I got everytime the message: No products has been filled.

When I use the file from V3.3.0 where we have both languages (All and the native one..in this case German) I can fill only the tags when I dot the All language. By German nothing happens.

As I upgraded to V3.3.2 I have only the choice for German and of course nothing happens when I dot German as before.

I think there anything wrong with the language ID? Or what is your assumption and do have you a solution for me?

Br

Thomas

Jack,

I think there is no problem. When I run the test routine e. g. the following information is displayed:

languages in the Header Tags table are: 2 ( German ).

@@Tom14 In the admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php file, find

if ($langCnt == 1) $languageID = $languages[0]['id'];

and change it to

if ($langCnt == 1) $languageID = $languages_id;

Please let me know if that fixes it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Then I can't do much more in this this support thread. It would take hands-on troubleshooting to see what the problem is. You can use the previous fill tags file and it will work. You lose a few improvements  to that file doing it that way but nothing of significant importance.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons