• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

You can run the update file again but use the reset option this time. If that doesn't remove the extra options, then you will need to edit the database.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You can run the update file again but use the reset option this time. If that doesn't remove the extra options, then you will need to edit the database.

What is the "reset option"? I haven't seen anything about a reset option.

@@dionisium Try using the included categories.php file to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then you've made a mistake in the edits for that page. If not, then it is probably due to the version of that editor you are using, or something related to its installation.

The problem was the editor version, I think. I installed CKEditor 3.4 and worked instantly!

Thanks

Hi Jack, For some reason I cannot seem to get the titles to work for any file in Article Manager. Even when I have the titles set in Page Control, they only show the default titles. Do you know what might be causing this?

Thanks so much.

First, you have to be using Article Manager V 1_57. Then make sure you have added the page as a pseudo page. Once you enter text for that page, it should display.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi @@Jack_mcs. Yeah, I'm using Article Manager 1.57_7. The pseudo-pages are created, and the data is saved when I edit the pseudo-page, but the title is only ever the Default Title, not the title set for the pseudo-page. Could this suggest I don't have Article manager correctly installed or something?

Thanks mate.

Yeah, root is checked. But no matter if it is checked or not, I only get the default title. SEO URLS works, but the title is always only default on articles.

Do you have the root checkbox checked in Page Control?

It should be working then. The only other thing I can think of is that you replaced the includes/header_tags.php file after adding the pseudo page. Those pages require special code and if you replace that file, it gets overwritten. You can add another pseudo page (doesn't have to be a real one) and that will add that code back in if it is missing.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, I tried that, still not working. Is this set up correctly? http://i.imgur.com/bFf18Cb.jpg

Thanks so much.

It should be working then. The only other thing I can think of is that you replaced the includes/header_tags.php file after adding the pseudo page. Those pages require special code and if you replace that file, it gets overwritten. You can add another pseudo page (doesn't have to be a real one) and that will add that code back in if it is missing.

Hi Jack..

You installed this to our oscommerce store last year.

I´m getting this php notice:

[30-Sep-2013 23:29:35] PHP Notice: Undefined index: description inl/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 50
[30-Sep-2013 23:29:35] PHP Notice: Undefined index: logo in l/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 52

Running version 3.2.9.

can i make this edit without breaking something? the notices is gone if i replace tep_not_null with isset

if (! tep_not_null($header_tags_array['logo'])) $header_tags_array['logo'] = $pageName . (tep_not_null($tmpTags['def_logo_text']) ? HEADER_TAGS_SEPARATOR_DESCRIPTION . ' ' . $tmpTags['def_logo_text'] : '');

if (isset($header_tags_array['logo'])) $header_tags_array['logo'] = $pageName . (tep_not_null($tmpTags['def_logo_text']) ? HEADER_TAGS_SEPARATOR_DESCRIPTION . ' ' . $tmpTags['def_logo_text'] : '');

Edited by sportstolen

HI Jack,

thank you for a great add-on.

My shop using categories_listing.php & categories_nested.php files in index.php

I have a problem with META tags, like - <title> name="Description", name="Keywords" content showing "" - Nothing. Only in categories. I tried clear all tags and fill it up again, everything is OK, in the middle of the page I see description and breadcrumbs changing according to filled tags. I can see the information in the middle of the page but nothing in <head> Meta tags.

But all rest of the files like product_info are working just fine.

header_tags.php has record for

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_CATEGORIES_NESTED):

and

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_CATEGORIES_LISTING):

Here is the part of the index.php where its transfer the page to

if ($category_depth == 'nested') {

$current_page = FILENAME_CATEGORIES_NESTED;

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');

include(FILENAME_CATEGORIES_NESTED);

?>

<?php

} elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']))) {

$current_page = FILENAME_CATEGORIES_LISTING;

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');

include(FILENAME_CATEGORIES_LISTING);

I was thinking may be in my case,

$current_page = FILENAME_CATEGORIES_NESTED; and $current_page = FILENAME_CATEGORIES_LISTING;

NOT equal to "case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_CATEGORIES_LISTING):" and same for NESTED in header_tags.php??

and this may be a problem why I dont see the meta tags information in category pages.

Do you have any other idea?

Do you know how to see the cache for the page meta tags? is it in database or file?

thank you.

Edited by moda

@@sportstolen They don't mean the same thing and won't always give the desired results. The warning is due to you having strict error reporting on, which is not necessary, and all it is saying is that the array element is not defined, which is common with arrays. You can fix that by finding this line

$header_tags_array = array();

and adding this after it

$header_tags_array['logo'] = '';

You'll need to add a line for each index it is complaining about.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

My shop using categories_listing.php & categories_nested.php files in index.php

Templates that do that have divided the index.php file into three files so you have to divide the install instructions into sections and apply them to the correct file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Templates that do that have divided the index.php file into three files so you have to divide the install instructions into sections and apply them to the correct file.

Thank you for fast reply, I did divide installation into different files, but I have a problem only with META portion on <head> tags and only in categories, linsted and nested.

META portion is only applied on template_top.php and its taking its source info from header_tags.php

So I can't figure out, why I can't see it.

Any ideas?

thanks.

Hi Jack. I'm still having the trouble with page titles not working on articles. On my header_tags.php is this code, so I don't think the error is there.

// articles.php
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_ARTICLES):
// article_info.php
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO):
   $page = 'article_info.php?articles_id=';
   $parts = explode("?",$page);
   $getStr = substr($parts[1], 0, -1);
   $getID = isset($_GET[$getStr]) ? $_GET[$getStr] : '';
   $parts = explode("=", $parts[1]);
   if (! ReadCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $getID)) {
  if (isset($parts[0])) {
   $found = false;
   $name = FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO . "?" . $parts[0] . "=";
   $pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS . " where page_name like '" . tep_db_input($name) . "%' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
    if (tep_db_num_rows($pageTags_query) > 0) {
	  while($pageTags = tep_db_fetch_array($pageTags_query)) {
	    if ($name . $_GET[$parts[0]] === $pageTags['page_name']) {
		   $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page($pageTags['page_name']);
		   WriteCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $getID);
		   $found = true;
		   break;
    } } }
    if (! $found) {
	   $found = true;
	   $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO);
	   WriteCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $getID);
   } } else {
    $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO);
  } 

Could it be that I am missing a database table for article titles or something??

Thanks

@@ABG_Building An installation mistake or too old of a version of Article Manager can cause the problem.

Thanks Jack. I have Article Manager 1.57_7 installed, so the problem isn't the age of the version. Would you think the problem is with Header Tags or Article Manager?

The warning is caused by checking the code when not displaying a manufacturer. To fix it, you would need to add a variable that is available on all index.php sections and then check that before checking the manufacturers_id. It's not worth the effort, in my opinion.

THanks for the help previously!

I would be interested in the solution to this if its not to much job for you :)

tried with this in index.php but itwould not help.

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])){
$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']='';
}

i need to se the notices when i upgrade to php 5.3 instead of these.

Edited by sportstolen

@@ABG_Building It could be either. But if all of the non-Article Manager pages are working correctly, then it is either something with the pseudo code in Header Tags or the problem is Article Manager. But the problem is almost certainly with your installation since this is a common setup and they work well together.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@sportstolen Only questions related to Header Tags SEO are answered in this thread. You should post your question in the general section.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons