The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi Lecarl,

you seem to be missing these files

<script type="ext/jquery/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>

<script type="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.6.min.js"></script>

Thanks for the reply

I'm running my shop with version 2.3.3 and here's what I have in includes/template_top.php:

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.8.0.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.22.min.js"></script>

When I used the file from the Header Tags obviously those .js files were different. So I switched back to the original file and it works. Maybe I should changed the files that came with HT to see if it works

@@shafa1827 If you have titles and tags setup in admin and they are not showing on the shop side, then determine which page is failing - categories or products. If both then you probably didn't make the changes to template_top.php. If only one, then it is something in how you have them setup in admin. Since you don't mention specific pages, I can only guess at an answer.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@@discxpress The included files are only for a new, 2.3 shop. If you use them on a shop that has been altered or a later version, such mistakes can happen.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi.

Can someone point me to the answer of my issue! I have implemented header tags seo and I wonder how can I set the url title with product name instead of discription like this (/product_info.php?products_id=618). Should I go to settings or is it automatically?

Thanks.

Thanks, Jack for reply and note! I will try that addon. Does it mean that seo optimization (header tags seo) without ulitmate seo V2.2 addon not work? Can spider read web page dispite not installed ulitmate seo V2.2d addon?

Thanks nad regards.

Hi All

I hope some can help! I'd like to get my category pages under control without spamming them with index fields.

Has anyone already asked for this before? if so, please can someone point me in the right direction.

Illustration of what I'm asking for is a simple format.

(category title)

(category description)

(category keywords)

in place of

(category title - index title)

(category description - index description)

(category keywords - index keywords)

Cheers, Shane.

@@Jack_mcs I think what shane h is asking is where to change the category meta tags. I believe this is done where you edit the categories. You do not have to have the index info in the category title/description.

Diana

@Jack_mcs Of course, I do have my own reason for being here... lol

I have information pages. Under Page Control, in Pseudo Pages, I have added the files (example: information.php?info_id=9) and edited the titles (More Information). However, since I also have SEO URLs, the link name changes (more-information-i-9.html), so instead of getting the edited title, I get the Default information (Site name). Is there a way to get the tag to stick with the page?

Thanks!

Diana

@@dhooper Thanks for providing an answer for Shane. I'm not sure I'm doing any better with yours though. If you add an info page in Page Control and give it a name of more information, then on the shop side, the name of that page should be more information, which. I think, is what you are saying is happening. I looked at your site and the more-information-i-9.html link works. But it does appear the web browser title is wrong. Be sure the information.php (no id) appears in Page Control and that for the information.php?info_id=9 entry you have the root box checked.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just double checked... the root box is checked. I'm comparing product_info.php to information.php and I don't see any header tag information on information.php For example, product_info has

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
 if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_head_sub_text'])) {
	 echo '<tr><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td class="hts_sub_text"><div>' . $product_info['products_head_sub_text'] . '</div></td></tr></table></td></tr>';
 }

if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_CURRENTLY_VIEWING == 'true') {
	 echo '<div style="margin-top:5px;"><div style="text-align:center" class="smallText">' .TEXT_VIEWING . ' ';
	 if (! tep_not_null($header_tags_array['title'])) $header_tags_array['title'] = $product_info['products_name'];
	 echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '</a>';
	 echo '</div></div>';
 }
 /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

but information only has

$title = stripslashes($information['information_title']);

would there need to be an additional call to change the title?

Edited by dhooper

Diana

@@dhooper

Hi,

Just check you are using exactly information.php?info_id=9 probably best to delete the old one first

is working perfectly on my site using Header Tags SEO V 3.2.9

regards

joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

@@dhooper If none of the other pages, like products, are working correctly, then the includes/template_top.php file is probably not correct since it contains the code to include the titles and tags. If they are, then it would be with the information.php file or the database entry for it. Also be sure the permissions on the includes/header_tags.php file are set to whatever is on the images directory. And look in that file for the entry for information.php. It should be larger than most of the others. If it is not, then that is the problem.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

includes/header_tags has this for the information page

// information.php
case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_INFORMATION):
if (! ReadCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), '')) {
$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_INFORMATION);
WriteCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), '');
}
break;

the information page query says

// Added for information pages
if (!isset($_GET['info_id']) || !tep_not_null($_GET['info_id']) || !is_numeric($_GET['info_id'])) {
$title = 'Sorry. Page Not Found.';
$breadcrumb->add($INFO_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFORMATION, 'info_id=' . $_GET['info_id'], 'NONSSL'));
} else {
$info_id = intval($_GET['info_id']);
$information_query = tep_db_query("SELECT information_title, information_image, information_description FROM " . TABLE_INFORMATION . " WHERE visible='1' AND information_id='" . $info_id . "' AND language_id='" . (int)$languages_id ."'");
$information = tep_db_fetch_array($information_query);
$title = stripslashes($information['information_title']);
$page_description = stripslashes($information['information_description']);

the template top is exactly like the directions say

Diana

The code in the includes/header_tags is not correct. I suggest deleting the info page you added in Page Control and then replace the includes/header_tags.php file with a clean one, or just delete all entries having to do with information.php, and then try adding the page again in page control. As mentioned, if the permissions on that file are not correct, this will not work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added code to check for manufacturers page - failed in some 2.3 shops

- Added images code for pInterest in social bookmark code.

- Added options descriptions for the new options in the options.txt file.

- Applied code fixes and WC3 changes provided by altoid (Steve).

- Changed datatype for many database fields from LONGTEXT to TEXT - saves 2 bytes per category, manufacturer and product record.

- Changed datatype for products meta description to a maximum length of 160 since that is what the search engines are using now.

- Changed canonical code to remove cpath and man id from product urls

- Corrected code in the social bookmark code to remove W3C errors.

- Correct instructions in the update file for converting the sizes of the database fields

- Removed extra slash in url's in social bookmark code - found by Fimble (Nic)

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello @@Jack_mcs,

I think I found one bug in HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.3.0:

In:

admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php line 54:

$excludeFilesList[] = 'popup_images.php'; 

should be:

$excludeFilesList[] = 'popup_image.php'; 

Kind regards

Rainer

on page control in admin.

There are certain pages that are missing, I am guessing because I have not included the code on them as it says right on that page?

But I don't see any mention of a specific code to include on pages in install_catalog.txt

Further, I have looked at some of the pages that are included in the drop down on page control, and I don't see any code on them that would make them be included?

What am I missing?

And I just checked, Login.php is defined in filenames.php and there is also a login.php file in languages/english/

Login.php is not showing up in the page control admin page.

If I rename login.php to login2.php then it shows up in the drop down, But if I change it back to just login.php it is gone again!

EDIT: I just found your post. I made a stupid:

because it is excluded in admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php. It is excluded because secure pages shouldn't be listed on search engine pages so it doesn't server much purpose to list them. You can delete any you want from that list if you want to have the control of the title and tags though.
Edited by sackling