• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Jack-

I just upgrade from a very old version of header tags and everything is working as it should accept I am receiving this error on the page:

Failed to open file: ././public_html/linkview.php

Do you know why this might be?

No, I don't know why that is displaying but that file doesn't have anything to do with this contribution so I don't think it is related to it. Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have another issue now...for some reason, product_reviews_info.php is not showing up in the list even when I select missing tags.

I have the code on the page and it was working in my old version.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Evan

I have another issue now...for some reason, product_reviews_info.php is not showing up in the list even when I select missing tags.

I have the code on the page and it was working in my old version.

I can't think of anything that would prevent that page from working. Perhaps replacing the includes/headertags.php file will help?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't think of anything that would prevent that page from working. Perhaps replacing the includes/headertags.php file will help?

Jack,

That did not work..It is very strange as product_reviews.php and product_reviews_write.php are in the list.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Evan

Jack,

That did not work..It is very strange as product_reviews.php and product_reviews_write.php are in the list.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Evan

Update: I had to manually copy product_reviews.php and call it product_reviews_info.php and now I can edit it in the database...not sure why I had to do it, but wanted to let you know what I did to correct it.

P.S. This is an AWESOME contribution. Thanks again!

Update: I had to manually copy product_reviews.php and call it product_reviews_info.php and now I can edit it in the database...not sure why I had to do it, but wanted to let you know what I did to correct it.

P.S. This is an AWESOME contribution. Thanks again!

Those are two different files. If you are saying you didn't replace the original file but just created one, then the original problem was that you were missing a file. In any event, copying like you did will not allow the shops code to work as it should. You should get a product_reviews_info.php file from the standard oscommerce package or from your original template, if you are using one.

I'm glad you like it. :)

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack-

I am trying to add the reviewer to the title tag in the product_reviews_info.php. Is this doable? If so, how would one add it. Google says that all of my reviews are duplicate information, and this would be an easy way to make the unique I would think.

Thanks

Evan

The person that submitted the review

Example:

http://www.ganodermacoffee.com/ganoderma-2n1-black-coffee-with-ganoderma-powder-pri-5.html?reviews_id=478

So in the title it would say Review by Person Name : Ganoderma 2n1 Black Coffee - $9.95 : GCDI-2N1-1 : Ganoderma Coffee - Single

or it could be included in the meta description...just to make the info unique.

Another idea would be to include the review as the meta description...again not sure how hard that would be.

Thanks

Evan

Edited by dsolutions

Started getting this error after installing the Store Mode contribution:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function StripSID() in /home/....../includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php on line 43 in index.php and product_info.php files.

So, I started with a fresh copy of index.php made the edits installing only the headertag contribution and re-uploaded the headertag files. I still get the error.

I'm thinking the sql from the Store Mode contribution has caused a conflict somewhere. Is that possible?

TIA

The person that submitted the review

Example:

http://www.ganodermacoffee.com/ganoderma-2n1-black-coffee-with-ganoderma-powder-pri-5.html?reviews_id=478

So in the title it would say Review by Person Name : Ganoderma 2n1 Black Coffee - $9.95 : GCDI-2N1-1 : Ganoderma Coffee - Single

or it could be included in the meta description...just to make the info unique.

Another idea would be to include the review as the meta description...again not sure how hard that would be.

The title is setup prior to the reviews being loaded so you would have to add additional code to load the review data first.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Started getting this error after installing the Store Mode contribution:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function StripSID() in /home/....../includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php on line 43 in index.php and product_info.php files.

So, I started with a fresh copy of index.php made the edits installing only the headertag contribution and re-uploaded the headertag files. I still get the error.

I'm thinking the sql from the Store Mode contribution has caused a conflict somewhere. Is that possible?

I'm not familiar with that contribution but if Header Tags only fails after adding it, then it is definately related to the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

hi Jack

I just installed Headertags SEO 3.2.9 to my oscommerce shop 2.3.2 (www.babyd.nl).

It seems that everything works except the manufacturers pages. I can added everything in the db (check in the admin (back) site in the menu catalog-manufacturers en then edit. When i reloaded the page, everything what i add is visible, so db works)

when I go to the manufacturer site at the front en I picked one manufacturer, the tags are not visible.

I am breaking my head about it, do you have any idea?

So. I like the contribution but one of my competition have every pages taged so he becomes to high in the ranking without oscommerce. That's what i dont like'.

when I go to the manufacturer site at the front en I picked one manufacturer, the tags are not visible.

I am breaking my head about it, do you have any idea?

Do you have the manufacturer checkbox checked in Page Control for index.php?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

First: I want to thanks you to think with me.

Second: I tried to select the manufacturer checkbox in the menu page control but the program give me two red lines (2 language?) above with the errors:

Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 2760 items with missing meta tag information.Categories table has 136 items with missing meta tag information.Manufacturers table has 58 items with missing meta tag information.

error.gif Missing sort orders are not allowed -> index.php

I

I used the function fill tags and you can see this is my meta of www,Babyd.nl.

with greating from holland

Jacco Dickhof

Hi jack ,,

im installing header tag seo with Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with Fancy Popups , and in getting following error when imm inserting new product .

TEXT_PRODUCTS_LISTING_TEXT

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_products_head_listing_text() in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 789

please advice ...

Hi Jack,

Thanks. the red line "Missing sort orders are not allowed -> index.php" is gone. Sometime it is to simple.

But i can not see meta title,descryption and keywords. The field are empty in the manufacturer menu at the front side of the page.

For the category menu end the products, it is no problem, only for the menu "mamufacturer.

greatings from holland,

Jacco Dickhof

Thanks. the red line "Missing sort orders are not allowed -> index.php" is gone. Sometime it is to simple.

But i can not see meta title,descryption and keywords. The field are empty in the manufacturer menu at the front side of the page.

For the category menu end the products, it is no problem, only for the menu "mamufacturer.

If it's not the setting (as previously mentioned) and you can see the title and tags in the admin->Manfuacturers section, then you've made a mistake on the changes for the index.php file on the shop side.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, having a strange problem on the admin side.

THIS IS OK: On the admin side if I add a new category and leave the headertags fields blank, then the category will be created and when I check the database the tags are filled with the categories_name (categories_htc_description is blank in the database).

Now if I press edit category, the fields will show as blanks, but they are in the database. If I update the category name it updates fine, but if I enter anything in the header tag fields they don't update. I checked with firebug and the values are being posted.

Now if I press edit category, the fields will show as blanks, but they are in the database. If I update the category name it updates fine, but if I enter anything in the header tag fields they don't update. I checked with firebug and the values are being posted.

I don't have an answer to your problem but almost any problem in admin->Catalog pertaining to Header Tags SEO is due to the categories.php file so I suggest you upload the one that comes with the contribution to see it if works. If it does, then compare it to your file to see where the mistake is at.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

snapback.pngdickhof, on 06 November 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

If it's not the setting (as previously mentioned) and you can see the title and tags in the admin->Manfuacturers section, then you've made a mistake on the changes for the index.php file on the shop side.

Hi jack,

I used the original index.php and the php that i made by myself (twotimes) about (for the new shop only and greater then 2.3.).

when i select a manufacturer in the front side of te shop, i can not see title, description and keywords.

when i select a product or a category on the front side of the shop, everythings works and i can see the tags.

On the backside i can see, in the catalog section and then manufacturer, titles,discryption and keywords. So they are saved in de db.

Is it possible that this is normal. That the function not work by select manufacturers.

greet from holland

Jacco Dickhof

I used the original index.php and the php that i made by myself (twotimes) about (for the new shop only and greater then 2.3.).

when i select a manufacturer in the front side of te shop, i can not see title, description and keywords.

when i select a product or a category on the front side of the shop, everythings works and i can see the tags.

On the backside i can see, in the catalog section and then manufacturer, titles,discryption and keywords. So they are saved in de db.

Is it possible that this is normal. That the function not work by select manufacturers.

This has been reported before but I could never get it to fail. But, as it turns out, I just installed it into a 2.3 shop with a template today and I could see the failure. To fix it, edit the includes/functions/header_tags.php file. Change this line (should be around line 137):
 if ( tep_not_null($manStr) && ($type == 'top' && ($pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_group'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_manufacturer']))) {

to

if ( tep_not_null($manStr) && (($type == 'top' || $type == 'man') && ($pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_group'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_manufacturer']))) {

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons