• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

hi, im looking for a solution to add description in subcategories. Not in the actualy subcategory, but under the subcategory name when i see all the subcategories in a main category.

Is this posible whit Header SEO?

hi, im looking for a solution to add description in subcategories. Not in the actualy subcategory, but under the subcategory name when i see all the subcategories in a main category.

Is this posible whit Header SEO?

No, it doesn't do that, though it is a godd idea. I'll look into adding it in the next version. Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I've got a weird problem. I've installed STS, SEO url's, and some others including Header Tags SEO. I've got three Header Tags SEO links showing up in my admin. The first two give different links to a whole different set of functions and the one at the bottom gets me a page not found error. Please see the screen shot below. What do you think's happening? I know I probably screwed up the installation on one of these and I went over the instructions three times trying to track down the problem.

screen-admin1.png

Edited by Netcaster

I've got a weird problem. I've installed STS, SEO url's, and some others including Header Tags SEO. I've got three Header Tags SEO links showing up in my admin. The first two give different links to a whole different set of functions and the one at the bottom gets me a page not found error. Please see the screen shot below. What do you think's happening? I know I probably screwed up the installation on one of these and I went over the instructions three times trying to track down the problem.

The two in admin->Configuration are the settings for Header Tags SEO, though there should only be one. The script should not be able to do that unless there was already an existing section in the database. You can try running the uninstall file and then the install again. If that doesn't provide just one, then your database would have to be edited manually.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The two in admin->Configuration are the settings for Header Tags SEO, though there should only be one. The script should not be able to do that unless there was already an existing section in the database. You can try running the uninstall file and then the install again. If that doesn't provide just one, then your database would have to be edited manually.

I didn't know there was an uninstall file. Will it affect my other mods? I also have a problem with the title tag. It says "Replace me in Page Control under index.php". I can't find anything called Page Control. I think I have this all screwed up. Maybe I should just save my database in EZ Populate and then start over?

I didn't know there was an uninstall file. Will it affect my other mods? I also have a problem with the title tag. It says "Replace me in Page Control under index.php". I can't find anything called Page Control. I think I have this all screwed up. Maybe I should just save my database in EZ Populate and then start over?

The uninstall will only remove the Header Tags SEO database entries. But, as mentioned, it may not work in your case since there is a problem. Page Control is in admin->Header Tags SEO.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Well, I figure I'll spend a day fixing this anyway and it'll probably take most of the day to start completely over so what the heck, I'll start over.

I will be installing STS v4.6, Header Tags SEO c3.2.8, Ultimate SEO URL's 5, Security Pro 2.0, FedEx Web Services, Google Feeder 3.0, Quantity Discounts, Monthly Sales Reports, Quickbooks plugin, and on and on and on..... Hey, maybe I should just fix the Header Tags SEO!!! So I'll give 'er another try. Big fun! Eh?

Thanks Jack!

Hi,

I'm installing this Contribution to my 2.3.1 store

On step 2:

2) In index.php

FIND (Around line 38)

if ($category_depth == 'nested') {

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

?>

<h1><?php echo $category['categories_name']; ?></h1>

I do not have anything like that. Here is my index.php

<?php

/*

$Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php

$category_depth = 'top';

if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {

$categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

$categories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);

if ($categories_products['total'] > 0) {

$category_depth = 'products'; // display products

} else {

$category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

$category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);

if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {

$category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories

} else {

$category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message

}

}

}

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);

$first_page = false;

?>

<?php

if ($category_depth == 'nested') {

$current_page = FILENAME_CATEGORIES_NESTED;

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');

include(FILENAME_CATEGORIES_NESTED);

?>

<?php

} elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

$current_page = FILENAME_CATEGORIES_LISTING;

include(FILENAME_CATEGORIES_LISTING);

?>

<?php

} else { // default page

$current_page = FILENAME_DEFAULT;

$first_page = true;

?>

<?php echo tep_draw_content_top();?>

<div class="none">

<?php echo tep_draw_title_top();?>

<h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>

<?php echo tep_draw_title_bottom();?><br />

</div >

<?php

if (NEW_PRODUCTS_MODULE_DISPLAY_FIRST_PAGE == 'true') {

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS);

}

if (FEATURED_MODUL_DISPLAY_FIRST_PAGE == 'true') {

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED);

}

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);

?>

<?php echo tep_draw_content_bottom();?>

<?php

}

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

?>

I'm installing this Contribution to my 2.3.1 store

include(FILENAME_CATEGORIES_NESTED);

You are using a tempate that has changed the basic file structure of your shop. Whoever did your template has moved the nested section to an external file, as shown by the above command. You will need to look in that file for the changes. They may not be exactly as the code mentions but there's no way to write instructions for all of the variations so you're on you own in a case like this.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, I'm not sure if Headtag SEO deals with this but I'll ask and see where it goes.

I was working with Bing Webmaster tools and saw there what they call a "seo issue" in that my product listings images don't have have the product image alt text attribute.

To clarify, this is on the page where the product is displayed wwwdotmyshopdotcom/a-very-nice-product.html. This occurrs for 2.3.1 shops, the 2.2 level shops are fine. If it's not Header Tags SEO, I'll look elsewhere. Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Jack, I'm not sure if Headtag SEO deals with this but I'll ask and see where it goes.

To clarify, this is on the page where the product is displayed wwwdotmyshopdotcom/a-very-nice-product.html. This occurrs for 2.3.1 shops, the 2.2 level shops are fine. If it's not Header Tags SEO, I'll look elsewhere. Thanks

The Header Tags changes for the product page doesn't change the image display code. I checked my 2.3 installation here though and the image as the alt tag filled in so it would seem to be something related to your shop.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The Header Tags changes for the product page doesn't change the image display code. I checked my 2.3 installation here though and the image as the alt tag filled in so it would seem to be something related to your shop.

Thanks for checking that out Jack. I have a idea what might be causing this now. Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Thanks for checking that out Jack. I have a idea what might be causing this now. Thanks

Jack, I posted a new thread on this matter here, but I wanted to mention that I do get alt text if I have just one image, but with multiple images on a product, I lose the alt text in the 2.3.1 shops.

Hello Jack.

I have OSC 2.31 and Header Tags SEO 3.2.6 (I was unable to update to 3.2.8 and I went back)

I need the product name in the breadcrumb trail be different from Meta title tag.

When I change some thing in the "Product Title Tag" field in the product admin page, the product name in the breadcrumb trail appears changed automatically at the same time.

Is like if the breadcrumb trail took the product name from the "Product Title Tag" field instead of the product name field

Why could it be happening?

How can I achieve that what I need?

Thanks a lot for your valuable support.

Is like if the breadcrumb trail took the product name from the "Product Title Tag" field instead of the product name field

Why could it be happening?

How can I achieve that what I need?

Yes, that is how it is supposed to work. The idea behind it is that all keywords for the page should match. If you don't want the breadcrumb to work that way, then skip the step that changes the includes/application_top.php file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack,

Please help me with another question.

My (Header Tag SEO´s) admin configuration page has many configuration lines duplicated but all of the are duplicated.

For example:

"Automatically Add New Pages" appears two times on the list.

"Check for Missing Tags" appears two times on the list.

"Clear Cache" appears two times on the list.

but:

"Display Currently Viewing" appears one time on the list.

"Display Page Top Title" appears one time on the list.

Why could be happening here?

Thanks again.

Thanks Jack,

Please help me with another question.

My (Header Tag SEO´s) admin configuration page has many configuration lines duplicated but all of the are duplicated.

For example:

"Automatically Add New Pages" appears two times on the list.

"Check for Missing Tags" appears two times on the list.

"Clear Cache" appears two times on the list.

but:

"Display Currently Viewing" appears one time on the list.

"Display Page Top Title" appears one time on the list.

Why could be happening here?

Thanks again.

I can't say without knowing how you upgraded or installed Header Tags but, somehow, some of the settings were duplicated. If this is a new installation, then just use the uninstall and install scripts. If not, then you will have to manually delete the duplicate items in the database.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

It seems that my site repeats the same title bar tag regardless of what product page I am on. I reinstalled the latest version and it still does it.

Example:HAN1202 - Tool Organizers - - Post Style Socket Organiser - 1/2" Drive; Metric appears at the top of each page even when I navigate to the shipping page.

Any ideas?

Here is the site link http://www.protoolzonline.com

Hi Jack,

It seems that my site repeats the same title bar tag regardless of what product page I am on. I reinstalled the latest version and it still does it.

Example:HAN1202 - Tool Organizers - - Post Style Socket Organiser - 1/2" Drive; Metric appears at the top of each page even when I navigate to the shipping page.

Any ideas?

Here is the site link http://www.protoolzonline.com

It might be that you haven't checked the category or product boxes in Page Control for the index.php and product_info.php pages, or maybe you just have the default options checked.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't say without knowing how you upgraded or installed Header Tags but, somehow, some of the settings were duplicated. If this is a new installation, then just use the uninstall and install scripts. If not, then you will have to manually delete the duplicate items in the database.

Hi Jack,

I tried to upgrade Header Tags SEO from 3.2.6 to 3.2.8 using the update procedure, but I had problems that I was unable to solve and I went back to with the backup files. Make sense database could be the problem because DB needed to be expanded I remember.

I am a beginer on this, so please tell me what I need to do in the database.

Thanks, Edo.

Hi Jack,

I tried to upgrade Header Tags SEO from 3.2.6 to 3.2.8 using the update procedure, but I had problems that I was unable to solve and I went back to with the backup files. Make sense database could be the problem because DB needed to be expanded I remember.

I am a beginer on this, so please tell me what I need to do in the database.

Thanks, Edo.

If it is a new installation, use the uninstall/install files. If it isn't, then you have to edit the database manually. There are examples in these forums on the web if you don't know how to do the latter.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

<p> </p>

<p>

<br />

If it is a new installation, use the uninstall/install files. If it isn't, then you have to edit the database manually. There are examples in these forums on the web if you don't know how to do the latter.<br />

</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<div>Hi Jack,</div>

<div>Thanks for your answer, but I can edit a database, I am using PhPAdmin and I can see (in the DB configuration table) several H.T.SEO duplicated registers, but problem is I dont know which of them to delete and which not. I see that duplicated registers are very similar, althought they have some little differences. Is there a list with SEO´s 3.2.6 valid registers o some thing like that?</div>

Hello Jack.

looking for a solution from other angle........

Is there some way to take my "store name" and add it (beside the product name), inside of the header title tag in my products pages?.

Thanks a lot!

(I have OSC 2.31 and Header Tags SEO 3.2.6, I was unable to update to 3.2.8 and I went back)

Edited by elara

<p> </p>

<p></p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<div>Hi Jack,</div>

<div>Thanks for your answer, but I can edit a database, I am using PhPAdmin and I can see (in the DB configuration table) several H.T.SEO duplicated registers, but problem is I dont know which of them to delete and which not. I see that duplicated registers are very similar, althought they have some little differences. Is there a list with SEO´s 3.2.6 valid registers o some thing like that?</div>

Sort the configuration table by the configuration_key column and the duplicates will have the same name and be easy to spot.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Is there some way to take my "store name" and add it (beside the product name), inside of the header title tag in my products pages?.

No,not without editing code. Besides, using the store name as a keyword is one of the top mistakes most shop owners make with SEO. There ae some exceptions but it is almost always a mistake to do that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons