• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi Jack,

Just came into a small problem

When viewing a product it seems the Left column which contains the categories and search box disappears and the column that is on the right which contains user reviews, shopping cart and Notifications then goes underneath the product description and in the centre.

Any ideas?

Ok, thanks! I turned it back on. - John

The code for displaying that option is for a standard shop. If the text doesn't blend in well with your template, then it can be edited to do that.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Just came into a small problem

When viewing a product it seems the Left column which contains the categories and search box disappears and the column that is on the right which contains user reviews, shopping cart and Notifications then goes underneath the product description and in the centre.

Any ideas?

I'm guessing you are using oscommerce version 2.3 since that is common with the template system it uses. But, regardless, the reason is because the provided code is for a standard shop and may not work with all templates without changing it. Since I can't support all possible combinations, you will need to work through it to find the fix. I suggest you remove the code changes made to the page with the problem and add them back in one at a time to help isolate the problem area.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm guessing you are using oscommerce version 2.3 since that is common with the template system it uses. But, regardless, the reason is because the provided code is for a standard shop and may not work with all templates without changing it. Since I can't support all possible combinations, you will need to work through it to find the fix. I suggest you remove the code changes made to the page with the problem and add them back in one at a time to help isolate the problem area.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the reply, I am just using the default 2.3.1 template, Anyone come across this?

Was unable to edit last post.

I did as you said and started with my backup before installing Header Tags SEO, and added each one by one, now it seems to work perfectly and I can't replicate it, so I guess I missed something when copying it over.

Thanks again for your help and great contribution!

:)

Hi Jack,

Thanks for creating this fantastic contribution. I'm having an issue with the meta tags when entered into the categories manually. if the first character in the title, tags, or description is a capital letter, it is omitted from the meta tag that is displayed when I load the page. However if it isn't a capital, everything is fine. I've got the correct permissions, run the test function, searched for other posts concerning this issue and attempted the recommended fix, to run the uninstall and install scripts, however the problem persists. I am using version 3.2.6 of header tags seo and version 2.3.1 of oscommerce.

if you could help me that would be wonderful.

Edited by jpmclaughlan

Hi again,

Just to confirm, I have run the test function and there are no errors aside from one duplicate product. This problem seems to happen with everything except when I change a page under Page control (ie. index.php), when I did fill all tags, it omitted the first letter of every title because I used capital letters for my product names (obviously).

Hi Jack,

Thanks for creating this fantastic contribution. I'm having an issue with the meta tags when entered into the categories manually. if the first character in the title, tags, or description is a capital letter, it is omitted from the meta tag that is displayed when I load the page. However if it isn't a capital, everything is fine. I've got the correct permissions, run the test function, searched for other posts concerning this issue and attempted the recommended fix, to run the uninstall and install scripts, however the problem persists. I am using version 3.2.6 of header tags seo and version 2.3.1 of oscommerce.

if you could help me that would be wonderful.

I know this has come up before but I don't recall what the fix was. Nor can I think of anything that would cause it. If you reached version 3.2.6 via a number of updates, then you may have missed the fix in one of them. Other than that, it would require troubleshooting to find the problem. You might want to try installing 3.2.8 first though.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I'm experiencing a problem getting all my header tags filled. Remember, I'm the one with the huge shop with about 300k products. I ran a test and here's the results:

Permissions Error:  explain
Permissions settings for the /var/www/html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.

I'm on a linux server

Duplicate title found:  explain
for English
exists more than once.

Duplicate meta description found:  explain
for English
exists more than once.

Missing Title and/or descriptions:  explain
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 53315585 bytes) in /var/www/html/admin/header_tags_test.php on line 871

As for the last one, I have 740MB real memory (I'm using a little over half) and virtual memory I'm using 334MB out of 7.81GB. I have 268MB allocated in php.ini.

Thanks again.

Jack,

I'm experiencing a problem getting all my header tags filled. Remember, I'm the one with the huge shop with about 300k products. I ran a test and here's the results:

As for the last one, I have 740MB real memory (I'm using a little over half) and virtual memory I'm using 334MB out of 7.81GB. I have 268MB allocated in php.ini.

Thanks again.

The first error means the permissions on the includes/header_tags.php file is not the same as your those for your images directory. If they are correct though, you can turn that check off in the settings.

If you are running out of memory/time then use the sleep option in Fill Tags.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I know this has come up before but I don't recall what the fix was. Nor can I think of anything that would cause it. If you reached version 3.2.6 via a number of updates, then you may have missed the fix in one of them. Other than that, it would require troubleshooting to find the problem. You might want to try installing 3.2.8 first though.

Hi Jack,

should I just upgrade from 3.2.6 to 3.2.8 or do I need to do the 3.2.7 upgrade in between?

Hi Jack,

should I just upgrade from 3.2.6 to 3.2.8 or do I need to do the 3.2.7 upgrade in between?

You'll need to do both.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Please advise me on how to fix this error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's blog.php' and language_id = '1'' at line 1

select * from headertags where page_name like 'phantom's blog.php' and language_id = '1'

I created a blog page and now when i go to the page control i am getting this error

how do i fix this?

Please advise me on how to fix this error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's blog.php' and language_id = '1'' at line 1

select * from headertags where page_name like 'phantom's blog.php' and language_id = '1'

I created a blog page and now when i go to the page control i am getting this error

how do i fix this?

The apostrophe and/or space in the name is breaking the code. You can't have either in filenames. Well, you can, but you shouldn't since it tends to break things, as you can see.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hey what am i doing wrong that i am not getting my tags and just the default tags

is entered. Select an Option: Select A FileShow All FilesAdd Missing Pages500.phpStrada_ColorChart.phpadvanced_search.phpadvanced_search_result.phpconditions.phpcontact_us.phpcookie_usage.phpdownload.phpindex.phpinfo_shopping_cart.phpopensearch.phpphantoms_blog.phppopup_image.phpprivacy.phpproduct_info.phpproduct_reviews.phpproduct_reviews_info.phpproduct_reviews_write.phpproducts_new.phpredirect.phpreviews.phpshipping.phpshopping_cart.phpspecials.phptell_a_friend.php phantoms_blog.php - English View Result: Delete: Title: Description: Keyword(s): Logo Text: Include: Category: Default Title: Manufacturer: Default Description Model: Default Keywords: Product: Default Logo: Root: Title: Description: Keyword(s): pixel_trans.gifpixel_black.gif The settings in this column are the default and global items. Text entered and items selected here will appear on each page that is enabled with Header Tags code. Default Tags - English Title: Description: Keyword(s): Logo Text: Include: Group: Category: Manufacturer: Product: Meta Tags Google Language NOODP NOYDIR Reply To Revisit Robots UnSpam Canonical pixel_trans.gifpixel_black.gif

Hi Jack,

I upgraded and now have this shown on each category page.

Fatal error : Call to undefined function stripsid() in

/home/lyons/public_html/includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php on line 20

I went through the entire install and compared files but cannot get this error to correct.

Edited by lyonsperf

Hi Jack,

I upgraded and now have this shown on each category page.

Fatal error : Call to undefined function stripsid() in

/home/lyons/public_html/includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php on line 20

I went through the entire install and compared files but cannot get this error to correct.

That's a function included in the header tags files and the error is saying it can't be found so it would seem you have made a mistake in the installation.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I am running into confusion over the files in this mod. In the folder catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2 there is a different coded includes/function/header_tags.php than the one in the catalog/includes/functions folder.

If I am updating from version 3.26 rc2 which files should be replaced?

Also is there a write up on what the extra field boxes in admin/categories.php do?