• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

url rewriter ? where in .htaccess file ? and what should i have to change in there ?

when i click a product its comes like www.mywebsite.com//product_info.php?cPath=34&products_id=122 is that correct?

You need to ask questions about other contributions in their support threads. This one is just for Header Tags SEO.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

i'm not using any other contributions to make changes on them

The url you posted was http://www.cuteaz.com.au/-c-24.html. That's not a standard url.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I have osc 2.3.1 and I installed headertags 3.2.8 and I'm now testing out security pro by entering the messed up characters into the search bar on my site..

When I click the search button I get this error

1146 - Table 'ntr_u7a8ikv2w.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS' doesn't exist

select 1 FROM TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS where keyword = 'working' and language_id = 1

[TEP STOP]

I go to phpmyadmin and see headertags_keywords is clearly there so I don't know what it's talking about...

Does anyone know what I did wrong?

Thanks

Adamanto75

Edited by Adamanto75

hello,

this is an amazing add on , just what we need for our site. thank you, jack_mcs.

i had a heavily modded socomm 2.2 site and i could never get this to install, close but not quite.

i am in the process of upgrading to 2.3 and when we added headertags 3.27.

i have a few issues.

in the screen shot in the admin section under the Header Tags SEO.

there is:

Page Control

Fill Tags

Test

under my Header Tags Seo:

Page Control

Silo Control

BOX_HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORDS

Fill Tags

Test

BOX_HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORDS is probably wrong i searched my site and can not find this referenced.

could you please comment on this.

thanks,

craig

Edited by zpupster

BOX_HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORDS is probably wrong i searched my site and can not find this referenced.

Add you your admin/includes/languages/english.php

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORDS', 'Keywords');

and that should solve itt.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Hello,

I have osc 2.3.1 and I installed headertags 3.2.8 and I'm now testing out security pro by entering the messed up characters into the search bar on my site..

When I click the search button I get this error

1146 - Table 'ntr_u7a8ikv2w.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS' doesn't exist

select 1 FROM TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS where keyword = 'working' and language_id = 1

[TEP STOP]

I go to phpmyadmin and see headertags_keywords is clearly there so I don't know what it's talking about...

Does anyone know what I did wrong?

Thanks

Adamanto75

Make sure you have

define('TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS', 'headertags_keywords');

in your admin/includes/filenames.php

thanks for the help-14 steve 14. that fixed that problem.

but when i try the link--error

Not Found

The requested URL /stead/cpanel/FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORDS was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

header_tags_seo_keywords.php is there under cpanel.

this is what is on admin/includes/languages/english.php

// header_tags_seo text in includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php

define('BOX_HEADING_HEADER_TAGS_SEO', 'Header Tags SEO');

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_ADD_A_PAGE', 'Page Control');

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_SILO', 'Silo Control');

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_FILL_TAGS', 'Fill Tags');

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORDS', 'Keywords');

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_TEST', 'Test');

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

ok i got the link to work by adding----define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORDS', 'header_tags_seo_keywords.php');

to admin/includes/filenames

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_SEO', 'header_tags_seo.php');

define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_SILO', 'header_tags_seo_silo.php');

define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORDS', 'header_tags_seo_keywords.php');

define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_FILL_TAGS', 'header_tags_fill_tags.php');

define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_TEST', 'header_tags_test.php');

new error:

1146 - Table 'comta3_osc23.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_KEYWORDS order by language_id, found DESC, keyword ASC

here i am confused it looks like a database error--isee now same error as Adamanto75.

somewhere it is not referencing the table, but where???

off to look can someone help?

thanks,

craig

hello,

adamanto, and 14Steve14,

to get rid of that error you need to add this:

to admin/includes/database_tables.php

anyway per instructions i do not have a get position column ,maybe this is a work in progress by Jack_mcs.

because when i checked the install_admin.txt file all these namings were leftout.

thanks,

craig

anyway per instructions i do not have a get position column ,maybe this is a work in progress by Jack_mcs.

because when i checked the install_admin.txt file all these namings were leftout.

Here's what's in the latest versions install_admin file:

In admin/includes/database_tables.php before the last ?>,

ADD:

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

define('TABLE_HEADERTAGS', 'headertags');

define('TABLE_HEADERTAGS_CACHE', 'headertags_cache');

define('TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT', 'headertags_default');

define('TABLE_HEADERTAGS_SEARCH', 'headertags_search');

define('TABLE_HEADERTAGS_SILO', 'headertags_silo');

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I hope you can help, I have installed this contribution however it dont seem to be working correctly for me. It is only picking up the product name and then putting this as the keyword and the description even though in the admin i have set it to override and use actual keywords from the product. if you view the source here you will see what i mean

http://www.jp-tackle.co.uk/korda-krusha-p-11213.html

Any suggestions?

Hi Jack

I hope you can help, I have installed this contribution however it dont seem to be working correctly for me. It is only picking up the product name and then putting this as the keyword and the description even though in the admin i have set it to override and use actual keywords from the product. if you view the source here you will see what i mean

http://www.jp-tackle.co.uk/korda-krusha-p-11213.html

Any suggestions?

I have also noticed that in the admin when i try the override function I get this warning message

Failed to load page from shop: http://www.jp-tackle.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=11703&language=en

Since you didn't mention your shops version I can only guess that it is 2.3. If that is the case, then that option won't work since I haven't converted the code for the search function. I may do that in the furture but, to be honest, it is not something I suggest using. Finding keywords dynamically rarely works well. You are relying on a program to pick the most important part of the page - just not a good idea for SEO work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello,

adamanto, and 14Steve14,

to get rid of that error you need to add this:

to admin/includes/database_tables.php

thanks,

craig

Yes, those solutions did not work... Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Adamanto75

Yes, those solutions did not work... Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Adamanto75

Whenver you see capital letters in an error like that, it means a mistake has been made in the installation. You need to compare your files with those included to see where you went wrong.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Whenver you see capital letters in an error like that, it means a mistake has been made in the installation. You need to compare your files with those included to see where you went wrong.

Oh yes thank you I forgot I downloaded that program a couple days ago for that reason lol and forgot about it.

Which files do I compare? I never used the program before

The database_tables.php files. But all really should be checked when such a mistake is made.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Updating my site with the new version and I get this error at the bottom of the admin/categories page

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_products_head_listing_text() in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/categories.php on line 1064

I double checked the install and all seems to be correct.

I have rc2.2

Hi Jack,

Updating my site with the new version and I get this error at the bottom of the admin/categories page

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_products_head_listing_text() in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/categories.php on line 1064

I double checked the install and all seems to be correct.

I have rc2.2

It looks like you didn't upload the admin/includes/functions/header_tags_general.php file or failed to make the change for it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hey adamanto75,

iuse examdiff. i usually compare the same file old and new.

for example index.php from the original download file from oscommerce 2.3 to a file that has added on (or modded).

the differences will show up and you can go from there.

thanks

craig

P.S. i was hesitant at first but after delving into it I find it invaluable tool.

Edited by zpupster

Once again Obiwan, you are correct.

I merged the files located in the rc2 folder, but didn't check the catalog folder for updated files. That file was updated in the catalog folder but not rc2.

Hey Instead of doing that I just reinstalled a fresh clean version of oscommerce, and I uploaded the catalog files for a new shop and after I uploaded them it broke my shop...

It gives me this error

Warning: require(includes/functions/header_tags_general.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/hermes/web08/b2492/moo.oursacredgardencom/oursacredgarden.com/includes/functions/general.php on line 1479

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/header_tags_general.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in/hermes/web08/b2492/moo.oursacredgardencom/oursacredgarden.com/includes/functions/general.php on line 1479

Edited by Adamanto75

Hey Instead of doing that I just reinstalled a fresh clean version of oscommerce, and I uploaded the catalog files for a new shop and after I uploaded them it broke my shop...

It gives me this error

Warning: require(includes/functions/header_tags_general.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/hermes/web08/b2492/moo.oursacredgardencom/oursacredgarden.com/includes/functions/general.php on line 1479

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/header_tags_general.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in/hermes/web08/b2492/moo.oursacredgardencom/oursacredgarden.com/includes/functions/general.php on line 1479

Did you also install the new files