• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Thank you for your answer Jack_mcs. If we do this, how do we treat the popup image files already indexed by Google. Do they just disappear after a while?

Thanks,

Jason

Yes, google will remove them eventually, or, at least, not rank them. You can request the links be removed from their listing but I wouldn't think it is worth the effort.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

I'm trying to figure out what's preventing the meta tags from appearing on the product information pages. When viewing the source, I see meta tag with Extra Product Fields tags around them. When I look at that contribution, I can't find where the meta tags are affected? Have you been presented with this issue before?

Thanks for your help.

Hello Jack,

I'm trying to figure out what's preventing the meta tags from appearing on the product information pages. When viewing the source, I see meta tag with Extra Product Fields tags around them. When I look at that contribution, I can't find where the meta tags are affected? Have you been presented with this issue before?

Thanks for your help.

I just went through the procedure for finding such a problem. Please see those posts in this thread.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

Problem solved, I think. In Extra Product Fields(EPF) there is a file named template_top_extra_fields.php that function similar to te mplate_top.php. So I placed the Header Tags code in that file and the meta tags appeared on the product pages. However, the EPF code produces meta tags also. Here's an example:

<!-- begin Extra Product Fields //-->

<meta name="DCTERMS.modified" content ="2011-07-05">

<title>Disc Xpress: 826056008025: Red Square-We Come In Waves CD</title>

<meta name="Description" content="826056008025: Red Square-We Come In Waves CD">

<!-- end Extra Product Fields //-->

In your opinion, would search engines have a problem with too many and/or duplicate meta tags? If so, I would have to make adjustment to prevent being penalized.

Thanks.

Edited by discxpress

Hello Jack,

Problem solved, I think. In Extra Product Fields(EPF) there is a file named template_top_extra_fields.php that function similar to te mplate_top.php. So I placed the Header Tags code in that file and the meta tags appeared on the product pages. However, the EPF code produces meta tags also. Here's an example:

<!-- begin Extra Product Fields //-->

<meta name="DCTERMS.modified" content ="2011-07-05">

<title>Disc Xpress: 826056008025: Red Square-We Come In Waves CD</title>

<meta name="Description" content="826056008025: Red Square-We Come In Waves CD">

<!-- end Extra Product Fields //-->

In your opinion, would search engines have a problem with too many and/or duplicate meta tags? If so, I would have to make adjustment to prevent being penalized.

Thanks.

Yes, that will cause problems. I don't know why that contribution would be adding meta tags since the twoare not related. I suggest completely deleting the meta tags that contribution adds. If you have not gone too far in its installation and you are not using oscommerce 2.3, I suggest you use the Add more Fields contrinbution instead: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8073.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I cannot add my information pages created to header tags seo, any help please?

Thanks!

What are you entering in the pseudo box? What is the url of the information page?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

What are you entering in the pseudo box? What is the url of the information page?

My article url looks like this:

http://www.domain.com/this-is-my-added-article-i-13.html

I have tried adding all of these possible things and none of them do anything:

this-is-my-added-article-i-13.html

this-is-my-added-article-i-13

/this-is-my-added-article-i-13.html

www.domain.com/this-is-my-added-article-i-13.html

domain.com/this-is-my-added-article-i-13.html

article.php?articles_id=13

Did I install it incorrectly, or am I just doing something fundamentally wrong?

Thanks!

My article url looks like this:

http://www.domain.co...ticle-i-13.html

I have tried adding all of these possible things and none of them do anything:

this-is-my-added-article-i-13.html

this-is-my-added-article-i-13

/this-is-my-added-article-i-13.html

www.domain.com/this-is-my-added-article-i-13.html

domain.com/this-is-my-added-article-i-13.html

article.php?articles_id=13

Did I install it incorrectly, or am I just doing something fundamentally wrong?

Thanks!

Perhaps using the eample shown above the pseudo box will work: article_info.php?articles_id=13

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Great add-on Jack,

I installed this and I get the following error and my Tiny_mce will no longer work

Warning: include(includes/javascript/tiny_mce/general.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in mysite/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 586

I searched this topic, but with 302 pages I can't scroll through to find if this was answered before, am I missing something? There is no general.php in the tiny_mce folder, never was and isn't in the most current download from moxieunsure.png

Great add-on Jack,

I installed this and I get the following error and my Tiny_mce will no longer work

Warning: include(includes/javascript/tiny_mce/general.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in mysite/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 586

I searched this topic, but with 302 pages I can't scroll through to find if this was answered before, am I missing something? There is no general.php in the tiny_mce folder, never was and isn't in the most current download from moxieunsure.png

You need to install the TinyMCE Anywhere contribuiton, or at least get the general.php file from it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack,

That worked. I had a sneaky suspicion that file was somewhere,,,, guess it was anywhere, LOL Google sure wasn't showing me where it was.

Guess the smileys aren't working on this forum, through the editor buttons, gotta go old school :)

Edited by IWAS

OK I got a stray ?> on category pages, I don't if it was from this contribution or not.

It is right here http://absolutelyscooterparts.net/catalog/scooter-seat-accessory-cable-c-67_80.html

I am also missing some of my upper category images, but they show up in admin.

like here

http://absolutelysco...model-c-44.html

If I post the index.php how do I do it in one of those boxes so it doesn't fill the whole page

OK I got a stray ?> on category pages, I don't if it was from this contribution or not.

It is right here http://absolutelyscooterparts.net/catalog/scooter-seat-accessory-cable-c-67_80.html

I am also missing some of my upper category images, but they show up in admin.

like here

http://absolutelysco...model-c-44.html

If I post the index.php how do I do it in one of those boxes so it doesn't fill the whole page

You've made some mistake in one of the edits in the index.php file. There is an included index.php file you can compare against to find the problem. Or start over for that file and make the changes and test one at a time.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yep, wiped out a query, mybad :)

That fixed the missing pics.

Still don't know where that ?> came from, may have been there before and never noticed, guess I'll just live with it :>

One of my other sites I'm just going to have you do the header tags and maybe get a template from ya. I have STS installed on all my sites, I just have never used them. This late at night crap is really cutting into my drinking time.

Yep, wiped out a query, mybad smile.png

That fixed the missing pics.

Still don't know where that ?> came from, may have been there before and never noticed, guess I'll just live with it :>

One of my other sites I'm just going to have you do the header tags and maybe get a template from ya. I have STS installed on all my sites, I just have never used them. This late at night crap is really cutting into my drinking time.

When adding or edting, the instructions might say something like add this: <?php ... ?>. If the code already has a ?> and you insert the code from the contribution, you will have two ?> and one will display on the page as you are seeing. So I would look for that extra code right after all of the changes you made in the file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

When adding or edting, the instructions might say something like add this: <?php ... ?>. If the code already has a ?> and you insert the code from the contribution, you will have two ?> and one will display on the page as you are seeing. So I would look for that extra code right after all of the changes you made in the file.

Yeah, I have been looking, I even printed it out. I tried deleting one at a time only to have it crash even knowing it wasn't that one. I think it might be in a different file, I have probably 30+ add-ons and contributions installed.

When I click the "Header Tags SEO" box in the admin it takes me to this address

header_tags_seo.php?selected_box=headertags

which shows the home page of the shop

Is the address correct? Any ideas what would cause this to happen?

When I click the "Header Tags SEO" box in the admin it takes me to this address

header_tags_seo.php?selected_box=headertags

which shows the home page of the shop

Is the address correct? Any ideas what would cause this to happen?

Okay, I'm rocking and rolling now, amateur mistake, I uploaded admin files to the admin directory instead of the directory i changed the admin name to

HELP (Please). I'm running OSc 2.3.1 with both HT SEO and CKEditor. The objective is to disable CKEditor for Meta tags (in product add/edit) but leave it active for product descriptions.

When I set HT SEO Editor Type as "No Editor", all text boxes on the page use the CKEditor. When I set HT SEO Editor Type as "CKEditor", I have NO text boxes of any kind. As the page begins to load, I can see the top text box briefly flash, and quickly disappear.

I've checked the categories.php many times, but to no avail. Any assistance or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ed

Yeah, I have been looking, I even printed it out. I tried deleting one at a time only to have it crash even knowing it wasn't that one. I think it might be in a different file, I have probably 30+ add-ons and contributions installed.

I had a similar issue, it turned out to be a error in my catgegories.php file from where I pasted in a change. I found it easily by doing a text search (using a program called effective file search) of all files looking for ?>?> It found it right away!

Hey guys; I just noticed my category or manufacture SEO's do not save. But all my seo for my products save... anyone have an idea what the reason is?.... I add seo to the category edit, and once i save and recheck it doesnt show.... any clue? thanks

You've made some mistake in the categories.php file most likely. There is an included one that you can use for testing.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

HELP (Please). I'm running OSc 2.3.1 with both HT SEO and CKEditor. The objective is to disable CKEditor for Meta tags (in product add/edit) but leave it active for product descriptions.

When I set HT SEO Editor Type as "No Editor", all text boxes on the page use the CKEditor. When I set HT SEO Editor Type as "CKEditor", I have NO text boxes of any kind. As the page begins to load, I can see the top text box briefly flash, and quickly disappear.

I've checked the categories.php many times, but to no avail. Any assistance or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ed

I haven't tried CKEditor with 2.3 and Header Tags but I can't see why it would be different than in a different version. A textarea can only use the editor if the code for that textarea has been changed and Header Tags doesn't have that code in all of the boxes. So you've either made a mistake or this is something different about your version of CKeditor that is causing it. I suggest replacing your categories.php file with the included one, enabling the editor option and see if it works correctly. if it does, then the problem is in that file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons