• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

editing the category descripition table with the import export function in phpmyadmin

has anyone tried to do this using .ods file formats?

I have tried this method and I get no joy whatsoever.

1. Save the file as ods.

2. After you close the file from the Open Office Calc, rename it from .ods to .zip.

3. Open the zip file and uncompress (export) the content.xml

4. Rename it from .xml to .ods

5. Compress it to .gz with 7zip application. It is free and you can get it from: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

6. Make sure the file is named as content.ods.gz

7. Import the file with phpmyadmin. Most of the times you have to choose utf8 encoding but that really depends on your database tables format.

I need to edit the descriptions in bulk and using a spreadsheet is the only way of doing.

If anyone has any experience of importing with phpmyadmin with .ODS file formats please feel free to chime in

Is there any way to turn header tags seo off in the admin area? Do I have to go through the manual install in reverse to

remove it.

No, it can't be turned off. You can rename the includes/header_tags.php file to something else though and that should disable it, if that is what you are trying to do.,

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I am looking to have a custom title, description and keywords that are only on index.php when on the home page and then not have that content when on the category pages.

How can I do that?

When in Header Tags SEO and I edit the title, description and keywords it changes for the home page AND for categories.

I would like on the homepage:

title

SiteName - Some short text

Description

Some general description about the site

Keywords

Keywords specific to the homepage

----------------------------------------------

I would like on category pages:

Title

Category Name from HT SEO entry on the category edit page - SiteName <--can that be auto added so it is just the SiteName and not SiteName - Some short text like on the home page?

Description

Just the description entered on the HT SEO entry on the category edit page

Keywords

Just the keywords entered on the HT SEO entry on the category edit page

I am looking to have a custom title, description and keywords that are only on index.php when on the home page and then not have that content when on the category pages.

How can I do that?

Enter the text into the boxes for the index.php file in page control and un-check the root box.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey guys, so after I went back and re-installed my Header Tag SEO; I found the error and fixed it. After I fixed the error, My header tags seo is working 100% perfect, however; somewhere it broke my categories tab on the left. My homepage has no break; www.savingshub.com ; but when you click into a Category, for example, tag heuer watches; the left column breaks.... then when you click a product the break disappears and everything is normal?

Anyone know where this error was made?

Enter the text into the boxes for the index.php file in page control and un-check the root box.

Thanks Jack!

I'll try that.

Hey guys, so after I went back and re-installed my Header Tag SEO; I found the error and fixed it. After I fixed the error, My header tags seo is working 100% perfect, however; somewhere it broke my categories tab on the left. My homepage has no break; www.savingshub.com ; but when you click into a Category, for example, tag heuer watches; the left column breaks.... then when you click a product the break disappears and everything is normal?

Anyone know where this error was made?

You've made some mistake in the edits of the index.php file. You can compare yours against the included one with a program like WinMerge or replace the index.php file with the original and make one change at a time, checking the site each time to ensure it is working correctly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

in my title tag is the first letter missing. Only the first.....In the database and admin everything is fine......

What is the problem

osc 2.2 rc1

Thanks for help

I vaguely remember someone mentioning this before but I don't remember what the result of that was. If you are not using the latest version of Header Tags then you should try upgrading first. Otherwise, one should always use google before posting: http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&rlz=1R2GZAG_enUS444&source=hp&q=site:www.oscommerce.com/forums+header+tags+first+character&pbx=1&oq=site:www.oscommerce.com/forums+header+tags+first+character&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=8184l8698l2l8971l2l2l0l0l0l0l132l226l1.1l2l0&rlz=1R2GZAG_enUS444&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=2952bcd8179177e5&biw=1600&bih=650

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello jack , unfortunately everything is OK with my RC 2.2 shop but i don't know why the meta tag information did not show for producer ? i fill and save them but in the producer page the meta tags are empty ?

thanks

Hello jack , unfortunately everything is OK with my RC 2.2 shop but i don't know why the meta tag information did not show for producer ? i fill and save them but in the producer page the meta tags are empty ?

thanks

It can only be a few things, assuming everything is installed correctly:

- Tags are not filled in. See admin->Catalog.

- Include product is not checked in Page Control for the product page.

- No Header Tags code in product_info file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It can only be a few things, assuming everything is installed correctly:

thanks a lot jack for your kind reply but could you explain each item more ? i'm the beginner sweatingbullets.gif

Edited by zinor

thanks a lot jack for your kind reply but could you explain each item more ? i'm the beginner sweatingbullets.gif

- go into your admin.

- Click on the Catalog section in the left column.

- Click on whatever category your product is in.

- Click on whatever product that is missing the tags.

- Click edit.

- Scroll down until you see the meta tags boxes.

- Verify they are filled in.

- go into your admin.

- click on Header Tags SEO in the left column.

- Select product_info.php from the dropdown list.

- change the checkboxes as needed.

- look in the appropriate file for your shop. See install instructions to know which files to look (step 1 in Install Catalog).

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

- go into your admin.

- Click on the Catalog section in the left column.

- Click on whatever category your product is in.

- Click on whatever product that is missing the tags.

- Click edit.

- Scroll down until you see the meta tags boxes.

- Verify they are filled in.

- go into your admin.

- click on Header Tags SEO in the left column.

- Select product_info.php from the dropdown list.

- change the checkboxes as needed.

- look in the appropriate file for your shop. See install instructions to know which files to look (step 1 in Install Catalog).

1.my products , categories and manufactures tags are filled .

2.i ticked root and product in header tag seo => page control for product-info.php file .

i checked the install process and the installation was OK .

the problem existed yet .

Edited by zinor

1.my products , categories and manufactures tags are filled .

2.i ticked root and product in header tag seo => page control for product-info.php file .

i checked the install process and the installation was OK .

the problem existed yet .

Then it sounds like a problem in your code and one which can't be resolved in a support thread. You could try installing a new oscommerce shop in a sub-directory and installing Header Tags into it by just doing an upload. Once that is workig, you can then compare the two to see where the problem is at.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Then it sounds like a problem in your code and one which can't be resolved in a support thread. You could try installing a new oscommerce shop in a sub-directory and installing Header Tags into it by just doing an upload. Once that is workig, you can then compare the two to see where the problem is at.

thank you but at least could you tell me which part or files may needed to revise according my problem ?

Thanks for this amazing add on. I have a question regarding the use of this contribution. I'm having a problem with Google seeing many of the pages on my site having duplicate title tags. For instance, it seems that the pop up image title is the same as the actual products. Is there a way to change this in Header Tags? In Header Tags if I select popup_image.php it will change all the pop up images to the same title. This is not what I want. I would like all my popup images to have unique titles that are more or less descriptive of the products they show.

Thanks so much,

jason

Thanks for this amazing add on. I have a question regarding the use of this contribution. I'm having a problem with Google seeing many of the pages on my site having duplicate title tags. For instance, it seems that the pop up image title is the same as the actual products. Is there a way to change this in Header Tags? In Header Tags if I select popup_image.php it will change all the pop up images to the same title. This is not what I want. I would like all my popup images to have unique titles that are more or less descriptive of the products they show.

Thanks so much,

jason

No, that's not built into the code. It could be coded but, usually, one doesn't want the popups to be indexed. The recommended procedure is to put a no index, no follow tag in those files. The reason is because they usually don't provide any useful information. You may get a top position in the listings for a popup and when people click on it, all they will see is an image. That is very aggravating for people doing searches and can cause ill-will towards your site.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, that's not built into the code. It could be coded but, usually, one doesn't want the popups to be indexed. The recommended procedure is to put a no index, no follow tag in those files. The reason is because they usually don't provide any useful information. You may get a top position in the listings for a popup and when people click on it, all they will see is an image. That is very aggravating for people doing searches and can cause ill-will towards your site.

How do we put a no index, no follow tag in just those files?

How do we put a no index, no follow tag in just those files?

Search google for no index no follow and you will find many examples of how to do it,

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Search google for no index no follow and you will find many examples of how to do it,

I was just asking what osCommerce file to edit.

Found that it is /catalog/popup_image.php

I manually added my meta there.