• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

OK, I now have run into a problem. While I was checking my SEO for a product and was editing it I have run into this code:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'from products p left join products_to_discount_categories ptdc on p.products_id ' at line 1

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from products p, ptdc.discount_categories_id from products p left join products_to_discount_categories ptdc on p.products_id = ptdc.products_id, products_description pd where p.products_id = '39' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Can someone help me figure out what's causing it. I suspect that it's the catalog/admin/categories.php query that I asked about a couple of pages back because this is where the code resides, can someone help me figure out what I've done wrong here? Many thanks in advance all, much appreciated.

DougB

Edited by Eaviator

Where is this fill tag option everyone is talking about? Now that Header Tags is installed where do I go to enable and be able to edit the keyword and product description for each item?

Well, the instructions state, "Go to admin->Header Tags SEO->Fill Tags" so I suggest looking there first. You can edit the product fields in the product edit page.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

OK, I now have run into a problem. While I was checking my SEO for a product and was editing it I have run into this code:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'from products p left join products_to_discount_categories ptdc on p.products_id ' at line 1

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from products p, ptdc.discount_categories_id from products p left join products_to_discount_categories ptdc on p.products_id = ptdc.products_id, products_description pd where p.products_id = '39' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Can someone help me figure out what's causing it. I suspect that it's the catalog/admin/categories.php query that I asked about a couple of pages back because this is where the code resides, can someone help me figure out what I've done wrong here? Many thanks in advance all, much appreciated.

DougB

You duplicated part of the command in your edit. It reads as

from products p,

ptdc.discount_categories_id from products p

so you have duplicated the "from products p."

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Well, the instructions state, "Go to admin->Header Tags SEO->Fill Tags" so I suggest looking there first. You can edit the product fields in the product edit page.

Hey Jack,

First off I want to thank you for always answering any question I have had. I do not have a fill tags in the HEADER TAGS SEO portion in the backend.. nor any filltags in the product edit info.

\

Hey Jack, thanks for the find, now do I remove the first instance of the code or the second... or does it make any difference to the running of the program? Thanks a million in advance, much appreciated indeed...

DougB

Hey Jack,

First off I want to thank you for always answering any question I have had. I do not have a fill tags in the HEADER TAGS SEO portion in the backend.. nor any filltags in the product edit info.

\

Then you either made a mistake in the installation or you have a contribution installed, like access levels, that requires you to enable the files.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Jack, thanks for the find, now do I remove the first instance of the code or the second... or does it make any difference to the running of the program? Thanks a million in advance, much appreciated indeed...

DougB

Probably the first. But I would suggest replacing that line with the original and then making the change to it since you may have overwritten some other part of the line.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The problem for me was it involved merging of two lines of code from two different add-on's, your's and a quantity price breaks one that I had already inserted. Part of your code also involved two of the same lines of code QPBB used for their add-on.

Unfortunately for me, although I have WinMerge I can't use it worth crap, so I wasn't sure which was the correct way to merge the two files. I finally took a shot at doing it manually and ended up with the mess I now have. I still have both original files handy (there were two instances of code overlap) though if you'd like to take a crack at it, (I know you use WinMerge all the time and probably would get the right results instead of my mangled version). Here's the original codes that were modified from the stock v.2.3.1 catalog/admin/categories.php file to the QPBB add-on:

Instance 1 code:

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, / pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url,/ p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, ptdc.discount_categories_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_DISCOUNT_CATEGORIES . " ptdc on p.products_id = ptdc.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Here's what Header Tag SEO code needed to be installed into this line:

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, /p.products_qty_blocks/, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Instance 2 code: (original QPBB modified code)

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id, ptdc.discount_categories_id, dc.discount_categories_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_DISCOUNT_CATEGORIES . " ptdc on p.products_id = ptdc.products_id left join " . TABLE_DISCOUNT_CATEGORIES . " dc using(discount_categories_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

and what Header Tags SEO code needed to be added into this line:

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

Anyone willing to take a shot at it is welcome to help out, I'd really appreciate any help you care to throw my way in getting this mess sorted out...thank's Jack, and everyone else too of course ...

DougB

Then you either made a mistake in the installation or you have a contribution installed, like access levels, that requires you to enable the files.

What do you mean a contribution installed? I have the file "HEADER TAGS SEO v. 3.2.6" Isnt that correct? I am so lost, my backend has Header Tag SEO however no such file tags are there.. what shall I do?

What do you mean a contribution installed? I have the file "HEADER TAGS SEO v. 3.2.6" Isnt that correct? I am so lost, my backend has Header Tag SEO however no such file tags are there.. what shall I do?

There are contributions that control what files are shown in admin. I wqas referring to those. However, if you had one installaed, no part of Header Tags would be showing unless you enabled it and since you aren't aware of needing to do that, it is unlikely. So it appears you've made a mistak in the installation although I can't see how since the Fill Tags link is in the same file as the other Header Tags links and there's no way, that I can think of, that will allow one to show and not the other. So I don't have an answer for you. All I can suggest is that you go back through the admin installation.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Whenever there is a problemin the products edit page, other than missing text definitions, the problem is in the admin/categories.php file. So replace yours with the included one to make sure it loads properly, which it should. Then use a compare program to find the problem.

Replacing the categories.php file didn't solve the problem. I thought I had modified the file admin/function/general.php, before replacing it, but I hadn't. Stupid mistake. Thanks again for your help and for this great contribution !!!

One of the first steps into installing Header Tags SEO it asks for the user to go in and turn off Search Engine Friendly option in the admin. configuration. Where exactly can this be located? From the back-end? or is it anything I need to go to the server and change files?

Okay so I have re-installed the SEO HEADER TAGS, now I have all FILL TAGS however Im getting one error :

1146 - Table 'savingsh_OSC.TABLE_HEADERTAGS' doesn't exist

select page_name from TABLE_HEADERTAGS where page_name like 'index.php' and language_id = '1' LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

which is that... and it is on a few pages... what do I do to fix this?

Also, on every page of of each products the following error happens on the top of the product:

} $image2 = ''; $extraset = ''; if (TITLE_PIC){ // Get the right image for the top-right if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) { $image2 = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"); $image2 = tep_db_fetch_array($image2); $image2 = $image2['manufacturers_image']; } elseif ($current_category_id) { $image2 = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'"); $image2 = tep_db_fetch_array($image2); $image2 = $image2['categories_image']; } } ?>

Thanks for the help!

Okay so I have re-installed the SEO HEADER TAGS, now I have all FILL TAGS however Im getting one error :

1146 - Table 'savingsh_OSC.TABLE_HEADERTAGS' doesn't exist

When you see capital letters like that, after an installation but generally anytime, it means you missed something in the installation because the capital letters indicate the code can't find a definition.

Also, on every page of of each products the following error happens on the top of the product:

} $image2 = ''; $extraset = ''; if (TITLE_PIC){ // Get the right image for the top-right if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) { $image2 = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"); $image2 = tep_db_fetch_array($image2); $image2 = $image2['manufacturers_image']; } elseif ($current_category_id) { $image2 = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'"); $image2 = tep_db_fetch_array($image2); $image2 = $image2['categories_image']; } } ?>

That's not an error. You are seeing the actual php code. That means you made a mistake in one of the changes and overwrote, deleted or added a php delimiter (<?php or ?>). You need to restore that page to its original code and make the changes again or use the included file to compare yours against.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

How can I figure out which file to look, or do I need to go through the whole installation again?

Go to the page where the error is displaying and look at the url for the file name.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

I am just now trying to install this contribution yet i cannot find where this line of code needs to be replace. The part of the catalog_install.txt i am stuck at is this one.(in index.php)

------------------------------------------------------------------

FIND (Around line 78)

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

AND THIS IS WHAT MY FILE LOOKS LIKE

-------------------------------------------------------------------

</style>

<!--[if IE]>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ie_png.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

ie_png.fix('.png');

</script>

<![endif]-->

</head>

<body>

<!-- header //-->

<?php $tab_sel = 2; ?>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" class="<?php echo MAIN_TABLE; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_TD_LEFT; ?>"><table border="0" class="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_LEFT; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<?php

if ($category_depth == 'nested') {

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

/*** end Header Tags SEO ***/

$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

?>

<td class="<?php echo CONTENT_WIDTH_TD; ?>"><?php echo panel_top(); ?>

<?php echo tep_draw_top();?>

<?php new contentBoxHeading_ProdNew($info_box_contents);?>

<?php echo tep_draw1_top();?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="main">

<tr>

<?php

if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {

// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category

$category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);

for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);

if ($categories['total'] < 1) {

// do nothing, go through the loop

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");

break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in

}

}

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");

}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO CHANGE

Thank you in advance

Hello Jack,

I am just now trying to install this contribution yet i cannot find where this line of code needs to be replace. The part of the catalog_install.txt i am stuck at is this one.(in index.php)

FIND (Around line 78)

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

AND THIS IS WHAT MY FILE LOOKS LIKE

You're using a template so the instructions may not (probably won't) match your code. I can't help with the change since it varies with the template and it takes too much time to work through the changes in a support thread like this.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm having a problem with Header Tags SEO - Latest version installed on 2.2rca2

Meta tags are showing for Homepage and Product Info Page but not showing for category pages

Followed all the instructions correctly.

Unique skins and accessories for your media player device - iPod / iPhone / PSP / Nintendo / Xbox - www.iangel.co.uk

I'm having a problem with Header Tags SEO - Latest version installed on 2.2rca2

Meta tags are showing for Homepage and Product Info Page but not showing for category pages

Followed all the instructions correctly.

Its working now, I should have checked the checkbox for categories on Admin > Header Tags SEO > Page Control > index.php

I can now edit the title, description and keyword for each category in Admin > Catalog

Unique skins and accessories for your media player device - iPod / iPhone / PSP / Nintendo / Xbox - www.iangel.co.uk

Because I reinstalled the database sql file, my homepage now reads "Replace me in Page Control under index.php" in the title menu. How do I remove to this or go about changing this? the database fix a few problems from earlier and brought a new one when i click seo_silo in the back end menu:

1146 - Table 'savingsh_OSC.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_SILO' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_SILO where category_id = 0

[TEP STOP]

Any clue, what the next steps are?

Because I reinstalled the database sql file, my homepage now reads "Replace me in Page Control under index.php" in the title menu. How do I remove to this or go about changing this? the database fix a few problems from earlier and brought a new one when i click seo_silo in the back end menu:

1146 - Table 'savingsh_OSC.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_SILO' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_SILO where category_id = 0

[TEP STOP]

Any clue, what the next steps are?

The instructions state

3 - Go to admin->Header Tags SEO->Page Control and select index.php

from the dropdown menu. Change the text in those boxes to something

relevant to your shop, or clear them, and click Update and the bottom

of that section.

so that's probably what you should do.

For the error, capital letters in an error mean you've made a mistake in the installtion and are missing one of the definitions. You need to go back through them to find the missed step (see steps dealing with database_tables.php).

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The instructions stateso that's probably what you should do.

For the error, capital letters in an error mean you've made a mistake in the installtion and are missing one of the definitions. You need to go back through them to find the missed step (see steps dealing with database_tables.php).

Jack I would like to sincerely thank you for all your help and contributions. You my friend are a great person! Thanks again for all the help, all errors are fixed, the categories one was a break in my index.php file, I removed a } and added a <?php and it worked. Bless.

Hi Jack,

I'm not sure if I'm just being a noob, but I can't get the SQL to install.

I have tried importing the file into MySQL with phpMyAdmin, running it as an sql command and using the file install method too. All attempts return the same error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 1

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS headertags_cache (title text, data text) TYPE=MyISAM

[TEP STOP]

I'm using your latest version. Is there an error in the SQL code that you're aware of, or am I doing something totally wrong?

Thanks for your time.

UPDATE: I've sorted this out. Had to change every instance of "TYPE=MyISAM" to "ENGINE=MyISAM". Actually a very straight-forward solution.

Thought I'd post it in case it helps someone else out later.

Edited by Rubin Remus