• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Thanks for your reply Jack!

In some case, $TITLE is an empty string so that I have put the following at Line 25 before your "?>" close tag as:

Line25 if (!(empty($TITLE))) {

Line 26 ?>

<?php } ?> (at the end)

Will this great addon revised for multi-lingual in next coming release? It is locked which not allow to upload any.

crying.gif

That wasn't rewritten for 2.3, though it probably should be. You can enclose it in divs and apply the class you want. Table classes are defined in 2.3 though so it shouldn't be a problem either way.

Edited by yansfung

YaNotCook !!

Thanks for your reply Jack!

In some case, $TITLE is an empty string so that I have put the following at Line 25 before your "?>" close tag as:

Line25 if (!(empty($TITLE))) {

Line 26 ?>

<?php } ?> (at the end)

Will this great addon revised for multi-lingual in next coming release? It is locked which not allow to upload any.

crying.gif

$TITLE should be empty for the home page so the code, as is, is correct. Your change will break it, which is one of the reasons public uploads are not allowed. If you are getting an empty $TITLE for the product or category pages, then,yes, there should be checking there, but you should never have such an empty string on a properly setup shop.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

What controls the HTSEO for the manufacturer pages such as index.php?manufacturers_id=31

I've just realized that all of my manufacturer pages don't have any titles or meta descriptions and they've been removed from G's index. :-(

I tried to create a pseudo page called index.php?manufacturers_id=31 and it gives an error saying, "The base file entered, index.php, does not support pseudo pages."

Every other page on the site properly displays the HTSEO data (products, categories, articles, etc). Only the manufacturers pages don't show anything.

-Dorian

What controls the HTSEO for the manufacturer pages such as index.php?manufacturers_id=31

I've just realized that all of my manufacturer pages don't have any titles or meta descriptions and they've been removed from G's index. :-(

I tried to create a pseudo page called index.php?manufacturers_id=31 and it gives an error saying, "The base file entered, index.php, does not support pseudo pages."

Every other page on the site properly displays the HTSEO data (products, categories, articles, etc). Only the manufacturers pages don't show anything.

Manufacturers are handled by index.php like the categories are. Be sure you have ran fill tags for them and have enabled manufacturers in page control for that file.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Manufacturers are handled by index.php like the categories are. Be sure you have ran fill tags for them and have enabled manufacturers in page control for that file.

Thanks. I was missing a tick in the Manufacturer box for index.php.

But now I've found something else not working. categories_description is not being displayed on middle-level categories. It only works for the start and end of categories. For example, if I'm at the end of a category structure like so...

www.example.com/...c-22.html

www.example.com/...c-22_630_631_632.html

... then it properly shows, but if I'm on these nested category pages...

www.example.com/...c-22_630_631.html

www.example.com/...c-22_630.html

... then it doesn't show.

-Dorian

Thanks. I was missing a tick in the Manufacturer box for index.php.

But now I've found something else not working. categories_description is not being displayed on middle-level categories. It only works for the start and end of categories. For example, if I'm at the end of a category structure like so...

www.example.com/...c-22.html

www.example.com/...c-22_630_631_632.html

... then it properly shows, but if I'm on these nested category pages...

www.example.com/...c-22_630_631.html

www.example.com/...c-22_630.html

... then it doesn't show.

I found a work-around so don't spend time assisting with this post.

-Dorian

Hello :)

we just found out that the meta tag og:image is missing in this great contribution. We use it for the i like button for facebook in order to have the right image. Will it implemented in future?

Greetings

Nothing solid is planned. I've played around with some ideas but it is not a simple matter of adding a meta tag so a new module would need to be written. You can add the meta tag code to the includes/headertags.php file but that will cause it to be on every page, which may not be correct, depending upon how your site is setup.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i see, we use that tag only on the product_info page. here how we addeed it. maybe others can use it too. we saw, that having the produc image in the respective facebook page helps a lot. I'm sure we added it not nicely so if someone knows a nicer way would be very appreciated.

<head>
<?php
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?>
 <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/
?>
<?php
$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_image from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"); 
$product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);
?>
<meta property="og:image" content="<?php print 'http://' . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']; ?>" />
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>

i see, we use that tag only on the product_info page. here how we addeed it. maybe others can use it too. we saw, that having the produc image in the respective facebook page helps a lot. I'm sure we added it not nicely so if someone knows a nicer way would be very appreciated.

You may want to look at this thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have the contribution HeaderTags SEO V3.2.5 installed and everything works well. I have only one problem now and is

that socialbookmarks don't show in my website. I have set "display socialbookmars" true and I have the code " <!---

BEGIN Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->...etc." everywhere, as the instructions say, but still can't see them. I

don't know where the problem could be. I'll be grateful if someone could help me.

Thank you

I have the contribution HeaderTags SEO V3.2.5 installed and everything works well. I have only one problem now and is

that socialbookmarks don't show in my website. I have set "display socialbookmars" true and I have the code " <!---

BEGIN Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->...etc." everywhere, as the instructions say, but still can't see them. I

don't know where the problem could be. I'll be grateful if someone could help me.

You've most likely inserted the code for the bookmarks into the wrong place. Try using/comparing the completed file in the package to find the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Embedded Video Issue

First, thank you for all of your work on Header Tags SEO and for fixing the issue with FCKEditor in the category descriptions!

I'm having a problem with embedding You Tube videos in category descriptions when using Header Tag SEO with the FCKEditor. I can insert the <iframe>....</iframe> you tube code and the video will play, but when you go back to make a change, the content isn't loaded into the FCKeditor, so the You Tube code has to be added to the category description each time that category is edited.

Embedding and editing You Tube videos in product pages works correctly.

(Note: We cannot use the object embed code because the entire site is https and using object embed with https, the video won't play in Internet Explorer on Windows.)

I looked at the code and the You Tube <iframe> code isn't being filtered when the FCKEditor is loaded, so I think the problem may be that the FCKEditor is invoked using Iframe in the category description, but uses TEP Draw funcion in the product descriptions. You Tube uses an Iframe and I think invoking the editor in an iframe and then putting an iframe inside it is causing a conflict. Also, I found where the FCKEditor is loaded and switched it to use TEP Draw, which did allow the You Tube Iframe code to load correctly, but it broke the save function.

I think I can fix this by converting the Header Tag SEO code to use the TEP Draw function instead of <iframe> for the category descriptions, but I want to ask a couple of questions first:

1. Is there a technical reason you chose to use <iframe> instead of TEP Draw function to invoke the FCKEditor? In other words, do you know of any reason why using TEP Draw instead of <iframe> wouldn't work correctly?

2. Do you know where the edited category description is saved to the database? As I said, I was able to modify the code to use TEP Draw to load the category description correctly, but that breaks the save function. (I'm sure I can find it with a little more code reading, but if you happen to know off-hand where the save is done, that would be appreciated.

3. I'll be happy to provide a copy of the modified code. Do you have any caveats or words to the wise I might want to consider in making this change?

Thanks,

Geoff

1. Is there a technical reason you chose to use <iframe> instead of TEP Draw function to invoke the FCKEditor? In other words, do you know of any reason why using TEP Draw instead of <iframe> wouldn't work correctly?

2. Do you know where the edited category description is saved to the database? As I said, I was able to modify the code to use TEP Draw to load the category description correctly, but that breaks the save function. (I'm sure I can find it with a little more code reading, but if you happen to know off-hand where the save is done, that would be appreciated.

3. I'll be happy to provide a copy of the modified code. Do you have any caveats or words to the wise I might want to consider in making this change?

1 - The FCKEditor fails to work when the tep function is used. It is due to how the editor code is placed within the table but it would take too much time to figure out that, especially since it isn't part of Header Tags. So I just used the editors internal code to get around it.

2 - The category description is stored in the categories_description table.

3 - No.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I have the last version of Header tags seo installed and I'm having problems when I try to fill tags, for example for

products, choosing the option for my language "fill only empty tags or fill all tags" and upgrading, I have this

message: "No Product tags have been filled". I have only one language in my shop (Spanish) and I've removed all

languages and directories except the one of my language. I'll be grateful if someone could help to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Hello,

I have the last version of Header tags seo installed and I'm having problems when I try to fill tags, for example for

products, choosing the option for my language "fill only empty tags or fill all tags" and upgrading, I have this

message: "No Product tags have been filled". I have only one language in my shop (Spanish) and I've removed all

languages and directories except the one of my language. I'll be grateful if someone could help to solve this problem.

Thanks.

For that to work, you have to have at least one product with a name. I know this is probably the case - just covering the bases. Assuming that is the case, it is probably due to the language. The current version has a problem setting up the languages if the default one isn't id = 1. This has been fixed in the next version but for existing sites, the easiest fix is to edit the database and change the language id to 1. You could also try running the test routine. It is probably giving language errors and, if so, may have buttons to try to fix it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

For that to work, you have to have at least one product with a name. I know this is probably the case - just covering the bases. Assuming that is the case, it is probably due to the language. The current version has a problem setting up the languages if the default one isn't id = 1. This has been fixed in the next version but for existing sites, the easiest fix is to edit the database and change the language id to 1. You could also try running the test routine. It is probably giving language errors and, if so, may have buttons to try to fix it.

Thanks for your answer. All my products have a name. When I add a new product in catalog and I update it has the product title tag,the Product Description Tag and the Product Keywords Tag, which are the same by default.

Header tags add then the default title, tags and description after the title, description and keywords of the product, because these are my settings. The problem is when I want to fill tags with more characters to complete the description and keywords.

The fact is that I have the last version of header tags SEO V 3.2.5. and I don't dare to change the id of my language, which is =3, because I have some others contributions installed and they might not work then.

When I run the test routine I don't have errors. So, I'm afraid my only option will be filling the tags manually.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your answer. All my products have a name. When I add a new product in catalog and I update it has the product title tag,the Product Description Tag and the Product Keywords Tag, which are the same by default.

Header tags add then the default title, tags and description after the title, description and keywords of the product, because these are my settings. The problem is when I want to fill tags with more characters to complete the description and keywords.

The fact is that I have the last version of header tags SEO V 3.2.5. and I don't dare to change the id of my language, which is =3, because I have some others contributions installed and they might not work then.

When I run the test routine I don't have errors. So, I'm afraid my only option will be filling the tags manually.

Thanks again.

To clarify, you can't add to titles and tags with fill tags, you can only replace. The fill tags should work correctly for your language. I thought you meant it wasn't working at all. If it is working in the catalog section, then fill tags should work. I can't say why it isn't though.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

To clarify, you can't add to titles and tags with fill tags, you can only replace. The fill tags should work correctly for your language. I thought you meant it wasn't working at all. If it is working in the catalog section, then fill tags should work. I can't say why it isn't though.

Now it woks, but for everything to work I don't have to delete the Language ID 1 in default Header Tags table even if the test say "Language ID 1 in default Header Tags table does not exist in the shops languages so it is useless. delete", because fill tags works only checking language "all" if I check only "español" it doesn't work. For that to work I need to have the language id 1 too.

Thank you for your attention.

1 - The FCKEditor fails to work when the tep function is used. It is due to how the editor code is placed within the table but it would take too much time to figure out that, especially since it isn't part of Header Tags. So I just used the editors internal code to get around it.

I've also discovered that if you put an image in the category description, save it, and then go back to edit the description later, the category description content is not loaded into the editor. Same behavior as with embedding a video.

2 - The category description is stored in the categories_description table.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was actually asking where in the code the category description is saved to the database, not where in the database the category description is saved.

I'm faced with the decision of whether to figure out why FCKeditor is not working or installing another wysiwyg editor.

Does one of the other editors work better? A wysiwyg editor is pretty much useless if you put something into it and then you cannot go back and change it later. My client is absolutely insistent that he have a wysiwyg editor.

Need to be able to place images and You Tube videos in category descriptions, and to be able to go back and edit the category descriptions which have the images and videos in them.

Also need to upload images from within the editor (FCKeditor does allow uploading. The uploading is important, but I can get the customer to concede that point if putting images and videos into the description doesn't break the editor.)

As I mentioned, the FCKeditor is working correctly on product descriptions, but that is using TEP draw function instead of an inline frame.

When you mentioned the table stuff above, did you mean that the way tables are used in the category edit page is causing the problem with using TEP functions, or is it something internal to FCKeditor?

I'm looking for a suggestion about the direction. Should I fix the code so FCKeditor works or use a different editor? The problem with using a different editor is that this site also uses FCKeditor in many areas and it sounds like a lot of work to change the editor everywhere and seems really awful to use different editors in different places.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was actually asking where in the code the category description is saved to the database, not where in the database the category description is saved.

In admin/categories.php.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The FCKeditor is still broken when it comes to editing category descriptions which contain images or embedded videos. It only works correctly when the category description contains text and nothing else. Read On:

I've also discovered that if you put an image in the category description, save it, and then go back to edit the description later, the category description content is not loaded into the editor. Same behavior as with embedding a video.

I'm faced with the decision of whether to figure out why FCKeditor is not working or installing another wysiwyg editor.

Does one of the other editors work better? A wysiwyg editor is pretty much useless if you put something into it and then you cannot go back and change it later. My client is absolutely insistent that he have a wysiwyg editor.

Need to be able to place images and You Tube videos in category descriptions, and to be able to go back and edit the category descriptions which have the images and videos in them.

Also need to upload images from within the editor (FCKeditor does allow uploading. The uploading is important, but I can get the customer to concede that point if putting images and videos into the description doesn't break the editor.)

As I mentioned, the FCKeditor is working correctly on product descriptions, but that is using TEP draw function instead of an inline frame.

When you mentioned the table stuff above, did you mean that the way tables are used in the category edit page is causing the problem with using TEP functions, or is it something internal to FCKeditor?

I'm looking for a suggestion about the direction. Should I fix the code so FCKeditor works or use a different editor? The problem with using a different editor is that this site also uses FCKeditor in many areas and it sounds like a lot of work to change the editor everywhere and seems really awful to use different editors in different places.

Anyone have a suggestion about which of the wysiwyg editors works correctly with Header Tags SEO instead of using FCKeditor? Specifically, putting images and videos in the category description. See above for more details.

Here's an example of the problem:

I entered text and an image into the category description using the FCKEditor as normal:

osCommerce Online Merchant Administration Tool_1300419008207.png

As you can see, the image and text are displayed correctly in the FCKeditor.

I save the update to the category. When I do this, the image and text display correctly in the catalog (Go to this link to see the category page displayed correctly in the catalog:

https://www.xeonixinc.com/modular-pendulums-c-79.html

Here's a screenshot of the page displayed in the above link showing that the category catalog page displays the image and text correctly:

Xeonix Divination_1300420106383.png

As you can see, the image and text are displayed correctly.

When I go back to edit the category description, the image and text fail to load (Note that the content of the category description is NOT loaded into the editor. The editor is empty, even though the image and text are in the database and display on the catalog page - see link above):

osCommerce Online Merchant Administration Tool_1300418104522.png

Note that I can add an image using the FCKeditor to a PRODUCT description and then go back and edit the description later without a problem. So, this problem is limited to the admin category edit page.

I need to decide whether to find the problem with the FCKeditor or switch to a different editor that works better with Header Tags SEO. Any suggestions?

Is anyone using one of the other editors successfully to insert and EDIT category descriptions containing images or videos?

Edited by hostricity

Hi Jack,

I seem to be having a problem with my meta tags on my category pages.

The catergory description is appearing on my category pages fine, however it is only displaying the defualt meta information, not the specific category information I have entered in for each category.

I have checked in the database and the information is stored in there ok, I have also checked my index.php and as far as I can tell all the code is present. I beleive this is the relevent part for the category information?

if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
   $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   /*** end Header Tags SEO ***/
   $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

The manufactures pages all work fine, as do all my other pages (product info etc)

Any idea on what or where the problem maybe,

Running MS2.2

Thanks in advance,

anthony

Hi Jack,

Apologies but i have sorted my issue,

I ran the database uninstaller athen re run the installer and all is now fine,

thanks

Hi Jack,

I seem to be having a problem with my meta tags on my category pages.

The catergory description is appearing on my category pages fine, however it is only displaying the defualt meta information, not the specific category information I have entered in for each category.

I have checked in the database and the information is stored in there ok, I have also checked my index.php and as far as I can tell all the code is present. I beleive this is the relevent part for the category information?

if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
   $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   /*** end Header Tags SEO ***/
   $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

The manufactures pages all work fine, as do all my other pages (product info etc)

Any idea on what or where the problem maybe,

Running MS2.2

Thanks in advance,

anthony

To upgrade from HTC to this one, run the headertags_seo_update.sql file. Then just follow the instructions in the read me files, skipping the database changes mentioned in them. If you are not using Ultimate SEO V 2.2d, you may need to upgrade that too.

Thanks Jack - are these PHP 4+ compatible?

AJ