• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Depending upon your version of HTC, it may not have had all of the category fields filled in. Try running fill tags->Fill Empty and see if that helpd.

I did that as part of the setup instructions and it only says, "No Category tags have been filled."

-Dorian

I did that as part of the setup instructions and it only says, "No Category tags have been filled."

I can only guess that there is a mistake in the installation or maybe you don't have page control setup correctly.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I can only guess that there is a mistake in the installation or maybe you don't have page control setup correctly.

Any idea what part of the installation would cause some categories use the HTSeo settings while others seem to ignore them? I've checked the DB entries with phpMyAdmin and can't find anything inconsistent from the categories that work and those that don't. I should probably mention that I installed this on osCMax 2.0.25.

-Dorian

Any idea what part of the installation would cause some categories use the HTSeo settings while others seem to ignore them? I've checked the DB entries with phpMyAdmin and can't find anything inconsistent from the categories that work and those that don't. I should probably mention that I installed this on osCMax 2.0.25.

If the difference between the categories is that the ones that work are categories and the ones that don't are sub-categories (or vice versa), then there is a coding error with part of the index file since those are handled by differene sets of code.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

If the difference between the categories is that the ones that work are categories and the ones that don't are sub-categories (or vice versa), then there is a coding error with part of the index file since those are handled by differene sets of code.

Some of the "top-level" categories (ie: index.php?cPath=339) show the value that's in the categories_htc_title_tag field whilst others show the word "Categories".

None of the "mid-level" categories (ie: index.php?cPath=339_423) show the value that's in the categories_htc_title_tag field. They all show the word "Categories".

All of the "bottom-level" categories (ie: index.php?cPath=339_423_590) show the value that's in the categories_htc_title_tag field.

-Dorian

Some of the "top-level" categories (ie: index.php?cPath=339) show the value that's in the categories_htc_title_tag field whilst others show the word "Categories".

None of the "mid-level" categories (ie: index.php?cPath=339_423) show the value that's in the categories_htc_title_tag field. They all show the word "Categories".

All of the "bottom-level" categories (ie: index.php?cPath=339_423_590) show the value that's in the categories_htc_title_tag field.

I'm sorry but I don't have an answer for you then. Installation is different for an oscmax shop so be sure you are following the correct instructions (that is not covered in the update files). You could also try running the test routine in admin to see if it shows any errors.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sorry but I don't have an answer for you then. Installation is different for an oscmax shop so be sure you are following the correct instructions (that is not covered in the update files). You could also try running the test routine in admin to see if it shows any errors.

Installation isn't even similar for an oscmax shop! ;) Getting to where I've got it now has taken a looooong time.

I'm confused by what this means: "be sure you are following the correct instructions (that is not covered in the update files)."

Am I supposed to run the test on index.php? What part of the test results will give me my clue?

-Dorian

Installation isn't even similar for an oscmax shop! ;) Getting to where I've got it now has taken a looooong time.

I'm confused by what this means: "be sure you are following the correct instructions (that is not covered in the update files)."

Am I supposed to run the test on index.php? What part of the test results will give me my clue?

The instructions are written for a standard oscommerce shop and support for oscmax is not allowed here so I can't say much about it. But oscmax use the BTS contribution and the instructions mention that.

The test function tests a number of things. You can't control it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi

i need to install header tag seo on a 2.2 RC1 (after ill install article manager )

1-is it possible to isntall this on 2.2 rc1 ?

2-which folder catalog did i need to use ?

1 - Yes.

2 - Use_if_version_lessthan_2.3

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The includes/header_tags.php is causing my site to go blank!

I have successfully installed HTSEO and it's working perfectly on my site. The problem arises in the Admin. All I have to do is click the infobox heading link "Header Tags SEO" and this causes my site to disapear. I've narrowed it down to the includes/header_tags.php file. When the Header Tags SEO options page is loaded, then every file within my root directory that has a .php extension gets added to includes/header_tags.php like this...

// promo.php
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_PROMO):
   if (! ReadCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $language, '')) {
     $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_PROMO);
     WriteCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $language, '');
   }
 break;

// manufacturers_anywhere.php
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS_ANYWHERE):
   if (! ReadCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $language, '')) {
     $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS_ANYWHERE);
     WriteCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $language, '');
   }
 break;

... except there are about 50 pages that get added.

Two questions:

1) Why are all these extra .php pages (they're mostly articles I've written) being added to includes/header_tags.php

and

2) How can this be prevented (because it's causing my site not to load)?

-Dorian

The includes/header_tags.php is causing my site to go blank!

I have successfully installed HTSEO and it's working perfectly on my site. The problem arises in the Admin. All I have to do is click the infobox heading link "Header Tags SEO" and this causes my site to disapear. I've narrowed it down to the includes/header_tags.php file. When the Header Tags SEO options page is loaded, then every file within my root directory that has a .php extension gets added to includes/header_tags.php like this...

... except there are about 50 pages that get added.

Two questions:

1) Why are all these extra .php pages (they're mostly articles I've written) being added to includes/header_tags.php

and

2) How can this be prevented (because it's causing my site not to load)?

When you click in admin like that, the code will add all missing pages. There is an option in the Header Tags settings to turn that feature off. Or, you can remove the Header Tags code from the <head> section of the pages you don't want listed. The latter won't work for 2.3 or non-standard shops.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I have updated header tags seo from V_3.2.2 to V_3.2.5 version and everything seems to work well. The problem is when I have a new page with the code of header tags added and try to fill the tags (title, description, etc) in the page control. I fill them but when I update, they are not filled and when I access the page I have this error message

” Fatal error: Call to undefined function ReadCacheHeaderTags() in C:\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\includes\header_tags.php on line 198”. With V 3.2.2 version I didn’t have this problem. Pages added when I had this version don’t have problems adding tags. And I don’t know where the problem is and what to do.

I have oscommerce rc2a installed.

Thanks

I can not get this to work with Article Manager and BTS. Maybe I just don't understand the instructions, but all of my article pages look like this...

<title>Article Info - [the Default Title]</title>

<meta name="Description" content="" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="Article Info , [the Default Keywords]" >

I added a pseudo page article_info.php?articles_id=1 and it now appears in the drop down menu and I can edit the Title, Description, and Keywords for it. I've ticked all of the check boxes on the left side of the "Include" section. I don't know what else to do. Everything else on the site works spot on (categories, products, etc). What could be wrong?

-Dorian

I have updated header tags seo from V_3.2.2 to V_3.2.5 version and everything seems to work well. The problem is when I have a new page with the code of header tags added and try to fill the tags (title, description, etc) in the page control. I fill them but when I update, they are not filled and when I access the page I have this error message

” Fatal error: Call to undefined function ReadCacheHeaderTags() in C:\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\includes\header_tags.php on line 198”. With V 3.2.2 version I didn’t have this problem. Pages added when I had this version don’t have problems adding tags. And I don’t know where the problem is and what to do.

I have oscommerce rc2a installed.

The error is saying it can't find some of the code required by Header Tags. You missed a step in the upgrade or the new files didn't get uploaded.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can not get this to work with Article Manager and BTS. Maybe I just don't understand the instructions, but all of my article pages look like this...

<title>Article Info - [the Default Title]</title>

<meta name="Description" content="" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="Article Info , [the Default Keywords]" >

I added a pseudo page article_info.php?articles_id=1 and it now appears in the drop down menu and I can edit the Title, Description, and Keywords for it. I've ticked all of the check boxes on the left side of the "Include" section. I don't know what else to do. Everything else on the site works spot on (categories, products, etc). What could be wrong?

I can't recall if I ever tested both contributions on a BTS shop. They will work together but there may be some step missing in the instructions. Or, it could be that your includes/header_tags.php file does not have the correct permissions. That file has to be writter to for the pseudo pages to work. If you open it and search for the article_info section, it should appear completely different than the other sections if the pseudo pages were added correctly. If that is not the case, then that is the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't recall if I ever tested both contributions on a BTS shop. They will work together but there may be some step missing in the instructions. Or, it could be that your includes/header_tags.php file does not have the correct permissions. That file has to be writter to for the pseudo pages to work. If you open it and search for the article_info section, it should appear completely different than the other sections if the pseudo pages were added correctly. If that is not the case, then that is the problem.

My permissions are set at the required 755.

The article_info section looks just like this...

// article_info.php
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO):
     $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO);
   }
 break;

Edited by DorianJ

-Dorian

My permissions are set at the required 755.

The article_info section looks just like this...

// article_info.php
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO):
     $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO);
   }
 break;

The permissions vary with the server so 755 may not be correct. You should check the images directory to be sure, assuming you havn't. That is not the correct code for a pseudo page. If you go into Page Control and the pseudo page is listed, then it failed to write to the file. You need to delete the pseudo entry from page conrol and try it again once you know the permissions are correct.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Any time I change permissions on header_tags.php, there's a warning on the top of the screen that says, "Permissions settings for the /home/site/public_html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server."

So I have been keeping it at 755... HOWEVER, that is the reason why this hasn't been working! I changed permissions to 777 and now my pseudo pages are working.

Is that permission warning generated by HTSEO code or is it my host that's responsible for it?

-Dorian

And... this is long overdue... but this is the best contribution I have added to my osC store, I wanted Jack_mcs to know. I installed Header Tags Controller a couple years ago and the results were amazing (as long as you just put in the time to make each page on the site unique). I recently converted my store to oscmax and converted the database tables to use HTSEO and installed the HTSEO contribution into the BTS (not an easy job).

Unfortunately, I can't convince the guys over at oscmax that this contribution is better than the dynamic meta tag generator contribution that comes packaged with it. :-(

-Dorian

Any time I change permissions on header_tags.php, there's a warning on the top of the screen that says, "Permissions settings for the /home/site/public_html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server."

So I have been keeping it at 755... HOWEVER, that is the reason why this hasn't been working! I changed permissions to 777 and now my pseudo pages are working.

Is that permission warning generated by HTSEO code or is it my host that's responsible for it?

On a properly setup server the permissions on a directory should be 755. Some hosts have their servers setup to be 777, some others still. From the installation file

To allow the admin section to access the includes/header_tags.php file, the

permissions for that file should be set to 755 (777 on some hosts).

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons