• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Ok I changed all the filename definitions however I need to "delete" and re-add all of them through the admin. Is there a quicker way to do that than to do each one individually?

looks like dropping the rows in the database works and is a lot quicker.

looks like dropping the rows in the database works and is a lot quicker.

You will need to replace the includes/header_tags.php file too.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You will need to replace the includes/header_tags.php file too.

well after dropping all the rows I clicked find missing pages.

This sort of worked.. It added all the files to header_tags.php but for some reason cut off a large portion of the names so I had to go in and manually edit the names.

After transferring over to my live site it seems as though the favicon is no longer popping up. Is this related to this contribution?

It's not caused by Header Tags. You may have overwrote teh favicon code while making the code changes though.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have a query, and i apologies if its been answered before but I can not find the answer.

There are three infoboxes with this mod.

headertags.php

headertags_seo_silo.php

headertags_seo_silo_W_Products.php

headertags.php box I dont see anything inside or outside of sts.

Can you tell me what each of these is to supposed to do and how I would correctly place them using sts plave holders, just I am having trouble getting them to behave the same way as they do outside sts.

headertags.php box I dont see anything inside or outside of sts.(behaves the same???? or I dont have it working at all)

ie in sts I have both boxes displayed all the time unless I place the placeholder code for one in product_info.php.html and the other in index.php.html is there a smarter way for me to use it?

Also the headertags_seo_silo_W_Products.php will display all the time if the place holder is used in the index.php.html file

headertags_seo_silo.php and headertags_seo_silo_W_Products.php will display all the time if placed in the sts_template.html rather than in the way they do outside sts.

also headertags_seo_silo.php displays inside and outside of sts when there is not enough characters to display anything and your left with a box and a (see more)being displayed, it would be better for me if it was empty for the box not to be displayed.

Wow its taken my ages to try and write that in an understandable way, accept my apologies if it doesnt make sense, I was unable to find the answer to these, if its already been answered and you can point me in the right direction I would be grateful, I did see a post saying that its been answered before for part of this at least but i couldnt find that post.

Thanks

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

There are three infoboxes with this mod.

headertags.php

headertags_seo_silo.php

headertags_seo_silo_W_Products.php

The first two have to be enabled in the settings for them to show. The last is an alternate file for the second if you want products listed too. The first will only display on the product page. The second only on the category and/or product page. For STS you just include the provided code in the column_left or column_right file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The first two have to be enabled in the settings for them to show. The last is an alternate file for the second if you want products listed too. The first will only display on the product page. The second only on the category and/or product page. For STS you just include the provided code in the column_left or column_right file.

Hi I am behind with my sts module, so if I update that maybe everything will be fine.

a little confusded on the boxes and how they work, but it maybe become clearer, in that the first two have to be enabled and the last one of the three is an alternative to the 2 box, I will go back and check this as I think i have gone wrong somewhere.

I am really lost with this.

the three header tag boxes are captured in sts_column_left.php

$sts->restart_capture ('headertagsbox', 'box');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'header_tags.php');

$sts->restart_capture ('headertagssilobox', 'box');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'headertags_seo_silo.php');

$sts->restart_capture ('headertagssilowbox', 'box');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'headertags_seo_silo_W_Products.php');

hmm

headertagsbox has the product info description and the see more

These two theres hardly any difference in coding so they do the same job excpet one is slightly different? and I only need one of them as one should do the job the other wont.

headertagssilobox this one works fine.

headertagssilowbox If i use this one I get an error so I guess I dont need it.

Okay so now I have the two box's I want

$sts->restart_capture ('headertagsbox', 'box');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'header_tags.php');

$sts->restart_capture ('headertagssilobox', 'box');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'headertags_seo_silo.php');

I just cant seem to get them to wor right at all with the sts, and the sts is working fine with the rest anyone else have this problem?

Just need to know what to do. I am still trying to work this out.

so I would have $headertagssilobox$ and $headertagsbox$ to place in my sts_template.html and they should work accrodingly but they dont appear to. I am going to back track, and maybe I shopuld post this issue on the sts thread?

doing my nit in this is.

They dont display properly at all in sts.

Edited by johnnybebad

Also, it appears that the silo boxs fill from the product description rather than header tage description and its size controlled?

the other thing is it doesnt appear to acknowledge some of the descriptions, due to the html formatting of the product description using tinymce editor that I have in the description/ or in the feed file it was imported from.

Any ideas if theres a quick fix or something I can do rather than plain text all 2000+ products.

Also the boxs display all the time in sts and outside sts display as they should do, cant figure out why though.

Hi Jack,

I edited some of my tags using the admin control section. Once it updated it threw a error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS in includes/header_tags.php on line 916. This is the data from that line:

// sitemap.class.php
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_SITEMAP.CLASS):
   if (! ReadCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $language, '')) {
     $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_SITEMAP.CLASS);
     WriteCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $language, '');
   }
 break;

This happens everytime I update header tags using the Header tags section in the admin. also if I select the "fill keywords from words on the page" it returns that no keywords were found.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

so I would have $headertagssilobox$ and $headertagsbox$ to place in my sts_template.html and they should work accrodingly but they dont appear to. I am going to back track, and maybe I shopuld post this issue on the sts thread?

doing my nit in this is.

They dont display properly at all in sts.

In STS, you can use the default column file or one you create for STS. The instructions are only for the default column file. There's no such thing in the code as $headertagssilobox$ or $headertagsbox$. They are not needed for the default column file. If you want to use those, then you have to create them yourself and that would be answered in the STS support thread.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Also, it appears that the silo boxs fill from the product description rather than header tage description and its size controlled?

the other thing is it doesnt appear to acknowledge some of the descriptions, due to the html formatting of the product description using tinymce editor that I have in the description/ or in the feed file it was imported from.

Any ideas if theres a quick fix or something I can do rather than plain text all 2000+ products.

Also the boxs display all the time in sts and outside sts display as they should do, cant figure out why though.

Recheck the instructions for adding the boxes. You left out part of the code, according to your previous post. The code in the header_tags.php box strips the html so I can't say why it isn't working with your installation. With any STS installation, if you are having problems with some contribution like this that it effects, then turn STS to see whre the problem lies.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I edited some of my tags using the admin control section. Once it updated it threw a error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS in includes/header_tags.php on line 916. This is the data from that line:

// sitemap.class.php
 case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_SITEMAP.CLASS):
   if (! ReadCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $language, '')) {
     $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_SITEMAP.CLASS);
     WriteCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $language, '');
   }
 break;

This happens everytime I update header tags using the Header tags section in the admin. also if I select the "fill keywords from words on the page" it returns that no keywords were found.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

The code tries to build an entry for files it finds. You should not have any file in the root that is not used. It will cause problems like this but is also a good spot for hackers to attack since you don't use the code and wouldn't notice their changes. Do you have a file named sitemap.class.php in your root directory? If so, is it supposed to be there?

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Recheck the instructions for adding the boxes. You left out part of the code, according to your previous post. The code in the header_tags.php box strips the html so I can't say why it isn't working with your installation. With any STS installation, if you are having problems with some contribution like this that it effects, then turn STS to see whre the problem lies.

Hi Jack, I will look into this some more think things are clarified now, my other infoboxes work fine, and the default column file is something I need to check for.

scrub the html stripper part some are working and some are not, when I edit the description it does change for some of them I am guessing theres either something missing from the code I have entered or something in these individual product descriptions thats stopping it, I will try and find the common factors if issue persits after I recheck the code.

Thanks for your help

Edited by johnnybebad

Hi. I have today installed htc for the first time.

I am using STS, with extra templates for product_info.

I have meta tags in this files. Is it good to have this in the templates files or is it better to take away everything. Same thin with title tag.

it looks like this:

<head><!--$headcontent-->
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<meta name="description" content="Mystore.com Is the best store if u looking for hotdogs! This is example" />
<meta name="keywords" content="hotdog, food, cat, dog, example!" />
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

Hi. I have today installed htc for the first time.

I am using STS, with extra templates for product_info.

I have meta tags in this files. Is it good to have this in the templates files or is it better to take away everything. Same thin with title tag.

it looks like this:

<head><!--$headcontent-->
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<meta name="description" content="Mystore.com Is the best store if u looking for hotdogs! This is example" />
<meta name="keywords" content="hotdog, food, cat, dog, example!" />
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

No, you shouldn't have the meta tags and title in the file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

OK. Thanks. I will delete it directly!!

One more thing. If i go to example Search side, my title will be "Advanced Search - Myshop.nu"

I want this to be in swedish like: "sök - Myshop.nu"

Whole my site is in swedish, but every title is showing english. Like: "About Us - Myshop.nu".

OK. Thanks. I will delete it directly!!

One more thing. If i go to example Search side, my title will be "Advanced Search - Myshop.nu"

I want this to be in swedish like: "sök - Myshop.nu"

Whole my site is in swedish, but every title is showing english. Like: "About Us - Myshop.nu".

You have to enable the Swedish language. if it is installed and working, then you should run the rest function to be sure there are not any problems. if not, enter text in the swedish section of page control for the page you want to change.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

HI Jack,

I have a fair bit more work todo on this to get it correct.

However when going through the installation, I found my column left instrustions hadn't been followed exactly, the two bits of headertag code together instead of top and bottom effectively.

the result being that I have at least one of the boxs working like expected, so I just need to go through it all again and make sure I am obeying the rules(installation isntructions properly.

Thanks

Hi. I tryed today to copy a product, but when i do that i got this error:

Anyone know what could be wrong? I have the latest release..

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_short_description, products_data_table, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url, products_viewed) values ('253', '1', '', '
', '', '', '', '', '0')

[TEP STOP]

Hi. I tryed today to copy a product, but when i do that i got this error:

Anyone know what could be wrong? I have the latest release..

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_short_description, products_data_table, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url, products_viewed) values ('253', '1', '', '
', '', '', '', '', '0')

[TEP STOP]

There's some mistake in the admin/categories.php file. Use the included one to trace that down.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons