• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

My product_info.php

How is this wrong?

using rc2 sts

Please don't post such a large amount of code unless asked. It won't be looked at, at least by me. There is a fix for the STS problem, posted recently, or it is in the latest version.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

Loaded up this contribution and am having an install problem. Been through the instructions twice each day over the last 3 days and can't figure it out.

My problem is with the admin/catalog catagores/products. The center section is out of alignment underneath the left column and when I select edit in a category all I have is text for title, description, keywords, etc. where the boxes should be.

Can you point me to an area that would cause these so I can try and figure this out?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

My problem is with the admin/catalog catagores/products. The center section is out of alignment underneath the left column and when I select edit in a category all I have is text for title, description, keywords, etc. where the boxes should be.

Can you point me to an area that would cause these so I can try and figure this out?

There are too many possible mistakes to try to answer that. But there are completed files in the package. Any problem with the admin->Catalog section will be due to the admin/categories.php file so you need to compare yours to the included one with a compare program to find the problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I have installed header tags seo from this http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5851

When I go to admin panel configuration-> header tags seo

I get warning message

Warning: call_user_func(header_tags_reset_cache) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/rangus/public_html/ethereallight.co.uk/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1220

Jack you have replied in one of the threads as

You have to install the new code from the contribution. Please see the update instructions before posting.

but I have only installed full package codes from this link

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5851

what shoudl i do to solve the issue please help.Thanks in advance

I have installed header tags seo from this http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5851

When I go to admin panel configuration-> header tags seo

Warning: call_user_func(header_tags_reset_cache) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/rangus/public_html/ethereallight.co.uk/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1220

What is at line 1220 in admin/includes/functions/general.php? Did you upload all of the Header Tags files? To the correct location?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There are too many possible mistakes to try to answer that. But there are completed files in the package. Any problem with the admin->Catalog section will be due to the admin/categories.php file so you need to compare yours to the included one with a compare program to find the problem.

Thanks for the help Jack. Went through this file line by line with the install and the finished files in the package. I fixed the box issue but I still have the center below the left column. Not the best but I really just need the text on the category page. Is it a major issue if the admin is out of alignment or is it just cosmetic?

Thanks for the help Jack. Went through this file line by line with the install and the finished files in the package. I fixed the box issue but I still have the center below the left column. Not the best but I really just need the text on the category page. Is it a major issue if the admin is out of alignment or is it just cosmetic?

As long as it doesn't cause any missing parts it is just cosmetic.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, I have fckEditor installed and enabled in HT SEO. After I update the Header Tags Categories Description in the edit mode, I get this right above the fckEditor window:

" style="display:none" />

That only occurs in the edit window/mode and only if I actually edit a HT category description.

I am guessing it's a coding error somewhere; I've looked through my admin/categories.php file and can't seem to find the cause.

Can you assist? Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Jack, I have fckEditor installed and enabled in HT SEO. After I update the Header Tags Categories Description in the edit mode, I get this right above the fckEditor window:

" style="display:none" />

That only occurs in the edit window/mode and only if I actually edit a HT category description.

I am guessing it's a coding error somewhere; I've looked through my admin/categories.php file and can't seem to find the cause.

Can you assist? Thanks

Jack, I applied this code modification by Goring_Gap and it seems to have taken care of the issue.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Jack, I applied this code modification by Goring_Gap and it seems to have taken care of the issue.

Thanks for confirming it works. And thanks to Goring_Gap for posting the fix. It has been added to the next version.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

Thanks for this great contribution!..

Had some errors but managed to fix all of them with winmerge :)..

Install is pretty dificult though because you can make quite a few mistakes :) :)

hope my shop gets a better index on google..

1000 times thanks

Edited by Tychokaspers

Hi Jack, i had some free time to check upon my installation and i have some issues and questions:

1. If i enable Display Column Box then the infobox is showing up correctly, but the price of the product on the product's page is shown up as 0€ (on product's listing the price is shown up correctly)

2. Altough the keyword's separator is set to "," on Product Keywords Tag of all products there is no comma, it shows up as one sentence with no comma separation

3. By default the Keyword Density Range is set up to 0.02,0.06. What do these 2 numbers mean and in which way i can modify them in favor of better show up my products on search engines?

4. On the Fill Tags section i had chosen "No" to both Description Override and Keywords Override, so all tags were filled up with the product's title. The problem is that when i choose "Yes" to any of the above, i get an HTTP500 error. I have 500 products on my osc 2.2 MS2 shop (standard, no templates, no STS)

Merry Christmas!

Edited by Vassilis

1. If i enable Display Column Box then the infobox is showing up correctly, but the price of the product on the product's page is shown up as 0€ (on product's listing the price is shown up correctly)

2. Altough the keyword's separator is set to "," on Product Keywords Tag of all products there is no comma, it shows up as one sentence with no comma separation

3. By default the Keyword Density Range is set up to 0.02,0.06. What do these 2 numbers mean and in which way i can modify them in favor of better show up my products on search engines?

4. On the Fill Tags section i had chosen "No" to both Description Override and Keywords Override, so all tags were filled up with the product's title. The problem is that when i choose "Yes" to any of the above, i get an HTTP500 error. I have 500 products on my osc 2.2 MS2 shop (standard, no templates, no STS)

1 - The only thing Header Tags does with the price is change the class to h1 but that wouldn't affect the currency so I've no suggestions on this one.

2 - That seting is only used when joining keywords, not for ones you entered. For example, let's say you have a product that you want to use the keywords of one, two and three. If you enter them as one, two, three and you have the keywords for the product_info page set to four, five, then the final keywords string would one, two, three, four, five. But if you entered them in the products edit page as one two three, then the final string would be one two three, four, five.

3 - Those numbers are percentages. The recommended range for keyword density is somewhere between 2% and 6%. Most agree that 4-5 % is ideal though there is no solid evidence on that that I've seen. But going above 6% is considered spamming and below 2% is considered to not have the page optimized preperly. But, again, the rule on that is not hard and fast. I worked on one site that ranked number one for the main keyword and the KD was close to 10% for that keyword. But that site does have a lot of text on the page so that will make a differene. If your page has a lot of text that the search engines can use, then a higher KD is more acceptable. But if the total number of words on the page are coming from the columns and footer (usually non-keyword related text) and the main body has the keyword mentioned over and over, then that will hurt.

4 - Yes, this is a known problem. I plan on doing something about it in the next version but don't have a date on that. You can try just filling for the products (no categories or manufacturers) though I doubt that will help since the majority of the work is due to the products. One quick fix that may get it to work is the following. Around line 257, find

while ($products_tags = tep_db_fetch_array($products_tags_query))
          {

and change it to

$delayCtr = 0;
          while ($products_tags = tep_db_fetch_array($products_tags_query))
          {
            $delayCtr++;

and around line 348 in admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php, find

else
                $fillTagsErrors['products'][] = '<a class="htc_Link" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'pID=' . $products_tags['products_id']) . '&action=new_product">' . sprintf(ERROR_FILL_TAGS_PRODUCTS, $products_tags['products_id'],$languages[$i]['id']) . '</a>';
            }

and change it to

else
                $fillTagsErrors['products'][] = '<a class="htc_Link" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'pID=' . $products_tags['products_id']) . '&action=new_product">' . sprintf(ERROR_FILL_TAGS_PRODUCTS, $products_tags['products_id'],$languages[$i]['id']) . '</a>';
            }
if ($delayCtr % 100 == 0) sleep(100);

where the first 100 is the number of passes and the second is a delay in seconds, so every 100 products a delay of 100 seconds will occur. You can adjust either as needed. This change may allow the script to complete but it might take a very long time to do so. The correct way is to change how the database call is handled but that is more of a change than I can do right now. If this doesn't work, there's no other way around it at the moment.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

1. It didn't affect the currency, it affected the price and set it to zero

2 & 3. Thanx for the info, i got it

4. I lowered it down to 50, 30, 20, 10 & 5 passes, but i still get the HTTP500 error. If there is no fix about this issue for now, it means that i have to insert manualy the keywords on all products (i guess that having as keyword the title of the product is not effective)

Hi, Upgraded again today was four versions behind.

Touch wood everything went well, updated in a matter of minutes, even with me taking out duplicated database entries for the configuration.

Fantastic module.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas, and will have a fantastic New Year

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

I had this exact, same problem. Substituting the New Shop code as recommended by Vassilis below has solved the problem on my product pages.

But it still happens on the catagories page.

I have no templates installed and have not modified the appearance of the shop.

Any ideas?

I corrected the above right column problem concerning product_info.php by using the code from the 'new shop' file which is slightly different than the code in the instructions:

New Shop code (ms2, less than 2.3):

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_VIEWING; ?> 

<?php if (! tep_not_null($header_tags_array['title'])) $header_tags_array['title'] = $product_info['products_name'];

echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '</a>';

?>

</td>

</tr>

<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

Instructions code (ms2, less than 2.3):

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_VIEWING; ?> 

<?php echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . $header_tags_array['title']; ?></a></td>

</tr>

<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

:-)

Edited by peterguk

I had this exact, same problem. Substituting the New Shop code as recommended by Vassilis below has solved the problem on my product pages.

But it still happens on the catagories page.

I have no templates installed and have not modified the appearance of the shop.

Then you should be able to use the included index.php file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Have not down loaded contribution as of yet, but been looking through it. Because I am using osc ver 2.3.1. I n looking at folder "Use for ver greater than 2.3" -> catalog -> includes , there is a folder called boxes. But in ver 2.3.1 boxes folder is located in the module dir. So how will this affect, because of not the same file structure as 2.3.1?

Thank you.

Bennett

Have not down loaded contribution as of yet, but been looking through it. Because I am using osc ver 2.3.1. I n looking at folder "Use for ver greater than 2.3" -> catalog -> includes , there is a folder called boxes. But in ver 2.3.1 boxes folder is located in the module dir. So how will this affect, because of not the same file structure as 2.3.1?

That is not used. It is just an oversight in the update process. The actual box files are in the modules directory.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That is not used. It is just an oversight in the update process. The actual box files are in the modules directory.

So I take take that if I download this and since my store has been modified some, all I need to do is go to folder Use for ver greater than 2.3]/b] and then go the Catalog folder and follow the instructions. Is this right?

Thanks in advance.

So I take take that if I download this and since my store has been modified some, all I need to do is go to folder Use for ver greater than 2.3]/b] and then go the Catalog folder and follow the instructions. Is this right?

Thanks in advance.

No, you should follow the instructions in the readme in the 2.3 directory.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have installed Header Tag SEO V 3.1.8, I added category description in my categories and that works perfectly. But when I add sub-categories, the category description disappear, there's only sub-category pictures. How to keep the category description? Can you help on this?

Thanks very much

I have installed Header Tag SEO V 3.1.8, I added category description in my categories and that works perfectly. But when I add sub-categories, the category description disappear, there's only sub-category pictures. How to keep the category description? Can you help on this?

I don't keep working shops wih old versions installed so I can't say if the problem you are having is in the contribution or not. The problem will most likely be in the index.php file though so you should look there. There is a completed file in the contribution. Although, I suggest you upgrade since that is seven versions ago and many fixes were made since then.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed this on a site and have a problem with Pseudo code.

I have Page Editor installed and have created an "about_us" page.

The url ends /pages.php?page=about_us&osCsid=7gam1ao36k90r2lb6fo1ppoh64

I create a pseudo page using /header_tags_seo.phpvfor "pages.php?page=about_us" and then selected it in the top left drop down box on the screen "Select an Option:"

This created a record in the headertags table.

After entering data for the page I selected Update which updated the record in the headertags table.

Then if I select "View Result:" the Title, Description and Keywords come from another page, pages.php?page=pepper_spray.

view.jpg

In the shop, the about us page source also shows these values.

Any thoughts on what can be causing this?

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.