• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

From the error msg, Im sure its within my database. As you may recall that I had an early version of Ultimate URLs SEO installed and it kept deleting my detabase entries. And i updated my Ultimate SEO, but I was a lil struggle with clean the database entries for Header Tags SEO. I think I have cleared part of previous Header Tags entry that were left undeleted by Ultimate SEO, I left the remaining entries there as I could not locate them. For some reason, i know there were still few values in my database. Today, I think that error msg just proved my doubt.

Once again, Im not good with database at all...I still dont know where those duplicated values are. All I know, I should look into 'headertags' table. Could please give me a details location on those values in the database via myPHPadmin?

It's a known problem with some installations. I haven't been able to track it down since it only occurs once and only in some installations. But it doesn't cause any problems with the program so it is safe to use.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I installed Header tags quite a while ago, I believe it is 3.0.2 . At the time I configured all the pages that I wanted to have HT. Everything worked, title, description, keywords, etc.

There was one page I didn't configure in Admin, since I had it renamed (index.php-imnotreadyyet) for the time being due to the fact that I was not ready to go live with the site. That file was catalog/index.php. Today I remembered, and renamed it to index.php went to Admin, filled in title, description, keywords and hit Save. And guess what, my site is gone. It's as blank as a screen can be, a totally white screen.

Do you know what could have caused this?

Please guide me, I'd like to know where to look!

I took out the Header Tags from the index.php and by doing that the site came to live again. But pages like about_us.php and others not related to index.php where affected as well, and that I don't understand since I was only updating the index.php file.

Please explain what to do!

PS.

Now I looked at the source code, it shows only this in all pages:

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html dir="LTR" lang="sv"> <head> 

DS.

Regards!

kbking

Edited by kbking

There was one page I didn't configure in Admin, since I had it renamed (index.php-imnotreadyyet) for the time being due to the fact that I was not ready to go live with the site. That file was catalog/index.php. Today I remembered, and renamed it to index.php went to Admin, filled in title, description, keywords and hit Save. And guess what, my site is gone. It's as blank as a screen can be, a totally white screen.

Do you know what could have caused this?

A white page is usually caused by the file that goes in the languages directory being uploaded to the root directory. There is a completed index.php file in the contribution that you can use to find the problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

A white page is usually caused by the file that goes in the languages directory being uploaded to the root directory. There is a completed index.php file in the contribution that you can use to find the problem.

Well the site was live and functioning seconds prior to the update of the HT in the index.php file. So it can't be anything else than the update from Admin that have caused the failure. But how?

I remember I put a lot of time and effort in choosing the right sentences and words in order to optimize the SEO, so I am not so keen going all over that again. Maybe I need to export the headertags db table as a reference. I really can't afford disasters like this.

I wonder, the easiest way of upgrading to the newest version is to completely remove 3.0.2, would it be to erase all the traces of the HT in the database?

BTW I tested with the index.php from the contribution but to no avail.

Edited by kbking

export the headertags db table as a reference.

I looked at the headertags db table and it looked like this:

produkter från A-Ö', 'Härifrån når 

It should have looked like this instead:

produkter från A-Ö', ' Härifrån når 

If using the fckeditor for category descriptions, and adding html elements i.e. images in the description, you may wish to do the following:

replace:

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR == 'FCKEditor') { 
             $headertags_editor_str = '<input type="hidden" id="categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']" name="categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] .']" value="' . tep_get_category_htc_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']) . '" style="display:none" /><input type="hidden" id="categories_htc_description['.$languages[$i]['id'].']___Config" value="" style="display:none" /><iframe id="categories_htc_description['.$languages[$i]['id'].']___Frame" src="fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html?InstanceName=categories_htc_description['.$languages[$i]['id'].']&Toolbar=Default" width="600" height="300" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>';

with

$headertags_editor_str = '<input type="hidden" id="categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']" name="categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] .']" value="' . htmlspecialchars(tep_get_category_htc_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id'])) . '" style="display:none" /><input type="hidden" id="categories_htc_description['.$languages[$i]['id'].']___Config" value="" style="display:none" /><iframe id="categories_htc_description['.$languages[$i]['id'].']___Frame" src="fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html?InstanceName=categories_htc_description['.$languages[$i]['id'].']&Toolbar=Default" width="600" height="300" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>';

and replace:

$headertags_editor_str = '<input type="hidden" id="categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']" name="categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] .']" value="' . tep_get_category_htc_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']) . '" style="display:none" /><input type="hidden" id="categories_htc_description['.$languages[$i]['id'].']___Config" value="" style="display:none" /><iframe id="categories_htc_description['.$languages[$i]['id'].']___Frame" src="fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html?InstanceName=categories_htc_description['.$languages[$i]['id'].']&Toolbar=Default" width="600" height="300" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>';

with:

$headertags_editor_str = '<input type="hidden" id="categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']" name="categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] .']" value="' . htmlspecialchars(tep_get_category_htc_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id'])) . '" style="display:none" /><input type="hidden" id="categories_htc_description['.$languages[$i]['id'].']___Config" value="" style="display:none" /><iframe id="categories_htc_description['.$languages[$i]['id'].']___Frame" src="fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html?InstanceName=categories_htc_description['.$languages[$i]['id'].']&Toolbar=Default" width="600" height="300" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>';

Basically a htmlspecialchars() around the value passed to the fckeditor. Otherwise the reloaded fckeditor may not see the previously saved html heavy content.

It's a complete mystery. I tested the db tables - repaired and optimized them and they were good. From Admin everything looked OK, but on the front end no, the pages rendered only to the head-tag giving white pages in the web-browser. I couldn't figure what had happened, so I installed HT from scratch and now I have the latest version. I have tested and it seems to work well. I have filled in meta information from Admin to Index.php and product_info.php and all looks fine - and best of all it is working!

Still I'm curious about what happened yesterday, but I guess there are no answers to that... A bit alarming though that such a thing can happen!!

Anyway it's a must have contribution so a big thank you to the author is apropriate!

Regards

kbking

Well the site was live and functioning seconds prior to the update of the HT in the index.php file. So it can't be anything else than the update from Admin that have caused the failure. But how?

Good Afternoon.

I thought that i had set up this contribution properly in the first try when 2 weeks later i saw that i cant add more products. the products are added but doesnt apear nothing (name, description, image)

Has anybody any idea how to solve it??

if you want i can write the code but tell me of what file

thanks in advanced

PD. sorry for my english

Zenitram

Hi Jack, just want to ask if you have had a look on how mutch there is to change in the code to install HT SEO on 2.3.1

Just want to know before i start fully trying, so i dont spend a lot of time breaking everything.. Have manage to get some way on the catalog side, but there is some splitting of code and removing of html/functions that needs to be done..

Thanks..

Good Afternoon.

I thought that i had set up this contribution properly in the first try when 2 weeks later i saw that i cant add more products. the products are added but doesnt apear nothing (name, description, image)

Has anybody any idea how to solve it??

if you want i can write the code but tell me of what file

thanks in advanced

PD. sorry for my english

Zenitram

Any problem with changing products or categories after Header Tags is installed is due to errors in the admin/categories.php file. Try the included file and use it to compare to yours to find the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, just want to ask if you have had a look on how mutch there is to change in the code to install HT SEO on 2.3.1

Just want to know before i start fully trying, so i dont spend a lot of time breaking everything.. Have manage to get some way on the catalog side, but there is some splitting of code and removing of html/functions that needs to be done..

No, I haven't had time to try that yet but I hope to get to it in the next week or two.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thats good to hear, as there are some coding changes to be done, i got it partialy installed. But there where some changes to the code in the 2.3.1 version that i could not find the right place for. But it's fun to try and figure out the new coding in tabelless osc.

But some part i figure out :)

admin1.png

admin2.png

Hi Jack, I use most of your contributions as the are pretty solid. Thank you for the great work. I have installed version 3.2.4 and everything seems to be working correctly. However, I have this problem. In admin when i try to edit or creeate a new product, I press the Preview button after i fill the description, price and meta tags. I then realise i need to add or change something in product description so i click back button (the one in admin not internet browser). When i do that the meta tag information box becomes empty so i loose all my meta information. Everything else, including the description, price, etc is ok but meta information gets deleted. Somehow the back button removes the information and all 3 meta boxes are empty. Any ideas? Has anyone experienced this before? Accept my appologies if there was an answer to this in the post but i went through the pages and did a seacrh in this post and couldnt find the solution.

Hi Jack, I use most of your contributions as the are pretty solid. Thank you for the great work. I have installed version 3.2.4 and everything seems to be working correctly. However, I have this problem. In admin when i try to edit or creeate a new product, I press the Preview button after i fill the description, price and meta tags. I then realise i need to add or change something in product description so i click back button (the one in admin not internet browser). When i do that the meta tag information box becomes empty so i loose all my meta information. Everything else, including the description, price, etc is ok but meta information gets deleted. Somehow the back button removes the information and all 3 meta boxes are empty. Any ideas? Has anyone experienced this before? Accept my appologies if there was an answer to this in the post but i went through the pages and did a seacrh in this post and couldnt find the solution.

I tried it here and the Header Tags information is remembered so it sounds like a problem with your installation. Try using the categories.php file in the contribution that matches your version and see if the problem goes away. If it does, then there is a mistake in your original file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

HI jack, I install your latesing 3.24. but the canonical url doest work right on the Categories or sub-categories page, it always point to homepage not the actual url. But on the product info page,its working fine.

check:

http://www.effled.com/super-flux-led-c-48.html

canonical url points to www.effled.com.

Please help me, because of this,google dont index my categories at all.

Edited by TermanLeung

HI jack, I install your latesing 3.24. but the canonical url doest work right on the Categories or sub-categories page, it always point to homepage not the actual url. But on the product info page,its working fine.

Please help me, because of this,google dont index my categories at all.

I think someone mentioned this problem recently and it was found to have to do with the gzip cache option. You can read back through the thread for more details or just turn off the cache option to see if that fixes it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i have an strange error,

i have the latest header tags seo version 3.2.4

in some time and some days randomly i see on all the page and index the same title tag, description and keywords from the latest product we insert on our shop

and to correct that we need to clear cache from configuration

and all the problem solve

but apear again randomly and we don't know why

can you help us ?

i have an strange error,

i have the latest header tags seo version 3.2.4

in some time and some days randomly i see on all the page and index the same title tag, description and keywords from the latest product we insert on our shop

and to correct that we need to clear cache from configuration

and all the problem solve

but apear again randomly and we don't know why

can you help us ?

It sounds like the cache system isn't working correctly. Try running without it to verify that is the case. If it doesn't fail, try turning it on but without the gzip option to isolate which method, if either is at fault.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like the cache system isn't working correctly. Try running without it to verify that is the case. If it doesn't fail, try turning it on but without the gzip option to isolate which method, if either is at fault.

thanks for fast reply, i will test this days i put on Enable Cache - Normal, i will test with the normal option, i will reply here if something apear

http://devilstoybox.co.uk/shop/index.php

im having problems installing this. particularly as the image parts in the instructions i cant find. everything else seemed to be going okay until the last steps because i kept checking my live site to make sure it stil worked!

Copies of changed files exist in the contribution. You can use them to compare against yours.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Copies of changed files exist in the contribution. You can use them to compare against yours.

I have tried searching this topic and people who have had the same problem as me haven't seemed to find the answer. The problem starts when trying to edit the STS templates because what you have written to replace in the instructions doesn't appear to be IN the template files? The website was fine before that point. Anyone else found the answer?

my page is showing an error for index.php

<!--- END Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<?php

} elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

// create column list

the highlighted line is the line showing the error?

Hy Jack!

I installed you contrib but when I tried to fill tags I got an "500 internal sever error". I have more than 10 000 products and I think the contrib don't have enough time to fill all tags. How can I split this filling method?

Thank you