• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hello Jack

I install the header tag seo is seem working fine, but I don't see any more my product image. Also, when I do a test I have those error and I don't understand why? Please help me.

Test Results

Option Error: explain

The Search Engine Friendly option is set. This should be disabled since it can cause various problems.

Missing Title and/or descriptions: explain

Products

The name for this item is missing

Manufacturers

Regards,

Sam

Test Results

Option Error: explain

The Search Engine Friendly option is set. This should be disabled since it can cause various problems.

That option is turned on in admin->Configuration->My Store. Turn it off.

Products

Manufacturers

You have two products and one manufacturer without a name. That is usally for a different lanuguage that has not been completed but could be for the main lanugage.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for your reply, but my 2 problems is not really resolve.

1) My product is not showing in my home page

2) When I do the test, I have:

Test Results

Products

When I click on: The name for this item is missing

I have this warning message:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/sam71/public_html/sunglasseshubs.com/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/sam71/public_html/sunglasseshubs.com/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Could you please clarify me what should I do

Regards,

Sam

Test Results

Products

When I click on: The name for this item is missing

I have this warning message:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/sam71/public_html/sunglasseshubs.com/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/sam71/public_html/sunglasseshubs.com/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Could you please clarify me what should I do

- Run the test

- Scroll your mouse over one of the missing message and write down the product id in that url

- Go to the catalog section of admin and find that product

- Fix the missing parts

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

It was uploaded but isn't immediately visible due to its size. It should be OK'ed after 24 hours but the weekend may slow that down. If it is not there by tomorrow, it might be necessary to contact a moderator.

Not uploaded yet :(

Not uploaded yet :(

It was uploaded when I posted that message but the upload policy is to not show uploads that are over 300 KB in size until they have been approved by a team member. I contacted a team member asking if that could be done the day after it was uploaded but was told the team membes do not currently have access to the contributions section and Harold isn't responding to their emails. So until Harold either approves the upload or allows the team members into the contribution section, it won't be publicly available. This isn't related to Header Tags SEO specifically. Any contribution over 300 KB will be in the same boat.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

When I click on the error message its give me this:

New Product in "Top"

That's is a bug message not something that I forget.

Thank you

When I click on the error message its give me this:

New Product in "Top"

That's is a bug message not something that I forget.

That error may be caused by something in Header Tags but no one has ever teported such a problem and I've never seen it. The latest version (3.2.4) has several fixes in it so maybe that will take care of it for you.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Can you give me a helping hand in changing the query for the manufacturers page so that I can have a different title to the manufacturer name that is displayed on the page.

Basically I want to have the name of the manufacturer on the page but have a different title.

This is how I have got to getting close to having what I want:

$db_query = tep_db_query("select m.manufacturers_name as categories_name, mi.manufacturers_htc_description as categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi where mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

This amended code means I have got the title and manufacturer name displaying how I want but this makes the description not display.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

James

Can you give me a helping hand in changing the query for the manufacturers page so that I can have a different title to the manufacturer name that is displayed on the page.

No, I'm sorry but I don't provide support in the forums for variations. I will say it is a mistake, in SEO terms, to do what you are doing though. The title of the page should match what's on the page.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, I had a question regarding Silo control.

I was going to remove the categories infobox to isolate the Silo links, but have a problem. When viewing a product, the header tags infobox only displays links to other products within the silo, and not links back to the silo and sub-categories. (Unfortunately I cleared the bread-crumbs option years ago) so now, once viewing a product, it doesn't link back to the category, only other products in that category.

So, right now, when I view a product, it shows this in column left:

Other Product-1 from sub-cat-3

Other Product-2 from sub-cat-3

Other Product-3 from sub-cat-3

Other Product-4 from sub-cat-3

Is there a way to change that, so the infobox shows:

Main-Silo Category >

---Sub-Silo-Cat-1>

---Sub-Silo-Cat-2>

---Sub-Silo-Cat-3> (You would be viewing product in this sub category)

Other Product-1 from sub-cat-3

Other Product-2 from sub-cat-3

Other Product-3 from sub-cat-3

Other Product-4 from sub-cat-3

If this were the case, I could disable the categories infobox and isolate each silo theme.

Hope this makes sense, and hope you can help.

Thanks.

Edited by hawken

Hi Jack, I had a question regarding Silo control.

I was going to remove the categories infobox to isolate the Silo links, but have a problem. When viewing a product, the header tags infobox only displays links to other products within the silo, and not links back to the silo and sub-categories. (Unfortunately I cleared the bread-crumbs option years ago) so now, once viewing a product, it doesn't link back to the category, only other products in that category.

The Silo code is an unfinished project. It's a good idea but not working as I want it to. So, for now, any changes you want to make like that would have to be made to the code. The silo box file can be edited so that links to the other categories, or at least the main category list, but there's nothing in the code for doing that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The Silo code is an unfinished project. It's a good idea but not working as I want it to. So, for now, any changes you want to make like that would have to be made to the code. The silo box file can be edited so that links to the other categories, or at least the main category list, but there's nothing in the code for doing that.

Thanks for the quick reply. Are you currently working on finalizing that portion of the script, or is that just future plans? Thanks for a great script by the way, it really is helpful overall.

What file and code would I need to modify to get what I'm looking for?

Thanks.

Hi Jack_mcs,

sry for bad english. but i have a problem with your nice contribution and i do not know how I must solve it.

(Actually I have one language activated in my shop.)

Problem:

Admin -> Header Tags SEO -> Select a file, for example Index.php

I fill in my Words, like "Home", "Index" and so on. I save.

View Result -> nothing, I mean not my words "Home" or "Index". (The real Index.php Page has no new headertags!)

In the admin panel, after show View Result I get the message: "page shopping_cart.php?language=de" on the top of my page...

I have installed the contribution correctly, I think it is an error with the language id.

Can you help me???

Thanks for the quick reply. Are you currently working on finalizing that portion of the script, or is that just future plans? Thanks for a great script by the way, it really is helpful overall.

What file and code would I need to modify to get what I'm looking for?

No, I'm not working on it at the moment. It is planned to be enhanced but whether that is next week or next year, I can't say. The file to change has already been mentioned.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

(Actually I have one language activated in my shop.)

Problem:

Admin -> Header Tags SEO -> Select a file, for example Index.php

I fill in my Words, like "Home", "Index" and so on. I save.

View Result -> nothing, I mean not my words "Home" or "Index". (The real Index.php Page has no new headertags!)

In the admin panel, after show View Result I get the message: "page shopping_cart.php?language=de" on the top of my page...

I have installed the contribution correctly, I think it is an error with the language id.

Can you help me???

You could try the fixes for the languages mentioned several times lately.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Hope all is well. I'm attempting to upgrade from

v3.2.3 to v3.2.4 using the instructions in the update docs folder.

There is a file inside called 'header_tags_seo_convert.php' which has no instructions

that I could find and I didn't want to assume what to do with it.

Do I upload it to the public_html folder, call it from the URL and then

delete it or does it go somewhere permanently?

Thank you for your guidance.

jk

Hi Jack,

Hope all is well. I'm attempting to upgrade from

v3.2.3 to v3.2.4 using the instructions in the update docs folder.

There is a file inside called 'header_tags_seo_convert.php' which has no instructions

that I could find and I didn't want to assume what to do with it.

Do I upload it to the public_html folder, call it from the URL and then

delete it or does it go somewhere permanently?

Thank you for your guidance.

jk

Oh, wait, it looks like it's used when upgrading from headertags to

headertags_seo? And apparently it's already done because there is

no headertags_seo.php in the english folder and there are tables in

the database? In short, I don't need to do anything with the

'header_tags_seo_convert.php'. Is that an accurate assumption?

jk

In short, I don't need to do anything with the 'header_tags_seo_convert.php'. Is that an accurate assumption?

Yes, that's correct.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack

I have this message, how can I correc it

Currently viewing:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function stripsid() in /home/sam71/public_html/sunglasseshubs.com/includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php on line 10

Thank you

Sam

I have this message, how can I correc it

Currently viewing:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function stripsid() in /home/sam71/public_html/sunglasseshubs.com/includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php on line 10

That function is in the includes/functions/header_tags.php file. If yours doesn't have it, then you need to update it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Updated recently and get a error for includes/header_tags.php for lines 866 & 868. This only happens when I cange something in the Page Control. I commented it out for now and the site is back up but would like to figure it out. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Jack,

Updated recently and get a error for includes/header_tags.php for lines 866 & 868. This only happens when I cange something in the Page Control. I commented it out for now and the site is back up but would like to figure it out. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

The code in that file is different for each site so I can't say. But it is usually due to a a file in the root that isn't a file used by the shop. For example, if you copy index.php and name it index_bkup.php, it will cause a failure.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons