• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Jack, what would it take to get the products_model into the Title tag and Description tag of products_info.php?

This question has come up a number of times. The easiest way would be to edit the includes/header_tags.php and includes/functions/header_tags.php files to load in the products model and include it in the string. This is planned for a future version, due to the number of requests for it, but I've no idea when that will be.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry, I do not mean to be a pest. But have searched and searched for an solution. The Meta tags for products and categories, isn't a problem. It's the tags for manufacturers. I followed the instruction from the install under How-To-Operate step 5. Below is what can be found in the source code whenever I select a manufacturer, even the <title> text </title> isn't what I want there:

<title>Online shopping - Brand names at discounted prices - Eelectronics to home decor - Outdoor living to collectibles - Fire Sense</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Fire Sense" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="Fire Sense" >

In admin -> categories/product -> manufacturer, I have filled the required fields. Am wondering if I need to uninstall and install for HT SEO again? If you need to take a look, you may go to www-dot-greatdiscounts4u-dot-com.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I do not mean to be a pest. But have searched and searched for an solution. The Meta tags for products and categories, isn't a problem. It's the tags for manufacturers. I followed the instruction from the install under How-To-Operate step 5. Below is what can be found in the source code whenever I select a manufacturer, even the <title> text </title> isn't what I want there:

I can't guess at what you want there but the manufacturer pages are displaying the title of the manufacturers, from what I can tell on your shop. If you want other titles included, you may need to adjust the checkboxes on the index.php page in page control.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Popups shouldn't be indexed at all because when someone clicks on them it just displays an image, which is not any good for generating sales. You should add a no follow, no index meta tag to the popup files.

Follow up on this. After adding no follow and no index meta to the popup_image.php my title tag duplicates report went from 240 something down to 17 on the Google webmaster tools for the shop in question. Thanks again.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Jack, Site Monitor reported a change in header_tags.php today. I'm guessing that Header Tags alters that file when you add the code to an individual file you want included with header tags. Is that right?

Say that I remove the header tags code in a file because I no longer need that in the file. Is is safe to simply remove the matching code in the header_tags.php file?

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

Jack, Site Monitor reported a change in header_tags.php today. I'm guessing that Header Tags alters that file when you add the code to an individual file you want included with header tags. Is that right?

Yes, that is correct.

Say that I remove the header tags code in a file because I no longer need that in the file. Is is safe to simply remove the matching code in the header_tags.php file?

Yes, you can edit that file directly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, that is correct.

Yes, you can edit that file directly.

Thanks. It's so easy to just ask when you have such a ready reference at hand, even though I enjoy making my own changes and making computers do what I want them to do instead of what I tell them to do...

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

Read the troubleshooting section in the install files.

I still can't figure out what is wrong, after reading the trouble shoot?

I set the permissions right, but stil can't edit the product title tag, description tag or keywords tag by myself.

Can someone please help me out?

I still can't figure out what is wrong, after reading the trouble shoot?

I set the permissions right, but stil can't edit the product title tag, description tag or keywords tag by myself.

Can someone please help me out?

If you can't edit a product, the categories.php file is at fault. Replace yours with the included one. If you can now edit a product, compare the two files to find the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

I am looking at Product tabs for my site. Because some of my descriptions is very long with all of the info. With tabs, customer will not have to down so far to read the information. So looking at the code, my concern is admin->categories.php. Because looks like there will be some modifying so I do not end up breaking the store.

So am asking if you are using product tabs with Header Tags SEO? If not, I will approached my question in the general support.

Thank you.

Hope you having a great holiday.

Bennett

I am looking at Product tabs for my site. Because some of my descriptions is very long with all of the info. With tabs, customer will not have to down so far to read the information. So looking at the code, my concern is admin->categories.php. Because looks like there will be some modifying so I do not end up breaking the store.

So am asking if you are using product tabs with Header Tags SEO? If not, I will approached my question in the general support.

Header Tags is compatible with all contributions (except for the ones that perform the same function, obviously) and all versions of oscommerce. The changes it makes to the files have to be merged with the changes made by other contributions. As long as you do that correctly, you won't have a problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey i get this error in admin/catalog

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in mysite\admin\categories.php on line 1100

this is the lines

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_CATEGORIES_NAME . $category_inputs_string);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_CATEGORIES_IMAGE . '<br>' . tep_draw_file_field('categories_image'));

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_SORT_ORDER . '<br>' . tep_draw_input_field('sort_order', '', 'size="2"'));

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Category Title' . $category_htc_title_string);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Category Description' . $category_htc_desc_string);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Category Keywords' . $category_htc_keywords_string);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Categories Description' . $category_htc_description_string);

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_save.gif', IMAGE_SAVE) . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>');

break;

case 'edit_category':

$heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . TEXT_INFO_HEADING_EDIT_CATEGORY . '</b>');

$contents = array('form' => tep_draw_form('categories', FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'action=update_category&cPath=' . $cPath, 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"') . tep_draw_hidden_field('categories_id', $cInfo->categories_id));

$contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_EDIT_INTRO);

Hey i get this error in admin/catalog

Please read the troubleshooting section in the install files and/or the test section.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you can't edit a product, the categories.php file is at fault. Replace yours with the included one. If you can now edit a product, compare the two files to find the problem.

Thanks! I compared both files. Mine was a little messed up. It works now. Great contribution!

I can't update tags for any pages in header_tags_seo.php,

I check the header_tags_seo.php, it seems that the script stop here:

if(isset($_POST['x']))
{

I print the $_POST['x'], it returns null...

I was studying this issue for hours, no lucky..

Everyone is changing the world.

Everyone is a world.

For everyone needs my help, PM or email if I amn't online.

I can't update tags for any pages in header_tags_seo.php,

I check the header_tags_seo.php, it seems that the script stop here:

if(isset($_POST['x']))
{

I print the $_POST['x'], it returns null...

I was studying this issue for hours, no lucky..

No one's ever mentioned a problem with Page Control not working, which I am guessing that is what you are referring to. You might want to run the text function to see if there are any errors indicated.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, I've just added the header tags seo to my site, and I found I've got a warning in

the admin section:

Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'header_tags_reset_cache' not found or invalid function name in C:\wamp\www\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 1193

And I think this is why my products when selected in the catalog get a message saying

webpage cannot be found.

Would anyone know what the warning is about and how I can fix it?

Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'header_tags_reset_cache' not found or invalid function name in C:\wamp\www\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 1193

You should verify that the header_tags_reset_cache function exists in your code. See the install instructions for where it should be.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Need help solving one error found in strict checking

Notice: Undefined index: manufacturers_id in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\includes\header_tags.php on line 39

Code starting from line 38

if (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) || $category_depth == 'top')
   $manStr = "select mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id where m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$_GET['manufacturers_id'] . "' and mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";

I don't know what to change/alter here

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

I got an issue, at first this worked fine, and the text I wrote to begin with is still there, but the problem is I cannot change it?

When I change the text in the "Page control" for index.php, nothing happens to my title tag, it remains the same :/

Any help on this?

Notice: Undefined index: manufacturers_id in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\includes\header_tags.php on line 39

Code starting from line 38

if (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) || $category_depth == 'top')
   $manStr = "select mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id where m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$_GET['manufacturers_id'] . "' and mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";

I don't know what to change/alter here

The warning is caused by checking the code when not displaying a manufacturer. To fix it, you would need to add a variable that is available on all index.php sections and then check that before checking the manufacturers_id. It's not worth the effort, in my opinion.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I got an issue, at first this worked fine, and the text I wrote to begin with is still there, but the problem is I cannot change it?

When I change the text in the "Page control" for index.php, nothing happens to my title tag, it remains the same :/

Any help on this?

What does "nothing happens" mean? Are you saying page control page doesn't update when you click that button or the text you entered in page control isn't displayed when you go back into page control or the text is in admin but not on the shop side or something else? Do you have errors in the test section?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

What does "nothing happens" mean? Are you saying page control page doesn't update when you click that button or the text you entered in page control isn't displayed when you go back into page control or the text is in admin but not on the shop side or something else? Do you have errors in the test section?

When I go to index.php, it says nothing in the title except "Mozilla Firefox", but when I go to a random category it comes with the right title.

When I run the test there is no error.

You can take a quick look at my webshop if you want:

tasker www.fashionsense.dk

It is in danish but you should be able to see that on the index page nothing is shown.