• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

No, I am not referring to the Article Manager contribution. For me as German Article is the same as Product - Sorry for the confusion.

Do you mean I have to enter for every of my 1000+ products my keywords manually? I was hoping 'Header Tags SEO' is taking care of this. What do you mean by: Header Tags will add commas between groups of them? Can you give me a short example please?

OK - Understood. Here it would help to perform 'Fill Tags' on selected Folders/Categories. Any chance to get such in the future?

The basic fill tags will use the product name as the keyword. If you want to add other keywords, you have to do those yourself, adding commas as you go. If you have a keyword (or multiple keywords) defined for a category and a product and you have the include category checkbox checked for the product_info page, then both keywords (or groups of keywords) will be added to the product page with a comma between the two groups. I do plan to add some kind of control to fill tags so the overrides do not timeout but I don't know when that will be.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi!

I have a problem with, i think the admin part. I can´t get rid of the text "replace me in Page control under index.php". I have tripel check the installation and it should be right. I have a problem in the admin part/page control/index.php. When i check the box "View Result:" i got this message "page index.php?language=se " at the top. Can this be the problem?

Greetings

I have a problem with, i think the admin part. I can´t get rid of the text "replace me in Page control under index.php". I have tripel check the installation and it should be right. I have a problem in the admin part/page control/index.php. When i check the box "View Result:" i got this message "page index.php?language=se " at the top. Can this be the problem?

That text is only in page control so you should see it there. It might be that your lanugagees in admin is causing a problem (maybe you haven't cleared it for one of them). Run the test routing and see if any language errors show up.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

That text is only in page control so you should see it there. It might be that your lanugagees in admin is causing a problem (maybe you haven't cleared it for one of them). Run the test routing and see if any language errors show up.

I got this!

Language Mismatch Error: explain

Language ID 1 in default Header Tags table does not exist in the shops languages so it is useless.

languages in the Header Tags table are: 4 ( Svenska ).

What is the next step?

I got this!

Language Mismatch Error: explain

Language ID 1 in default Header Tags table does not exist in the shops languages so it is useless.

languages in the Header Tags table are: 4 ( Svenska ).

What is the next step?

Is there a add or delete button?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Not what i can se.

Then there is something wrong with your installation since that text is only displayed along with a delete button. All I can suggest is that you do a clean install.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Then there is something wrong with your installation since that text is only displayed along with a delete button. All I can suggest is that you do a clean install.

I have now fix that problem. But it still dosen´t help me with the original problem. When i do a test routing the text that i have for the titel and so on shows. So it is a little step forward.

I have also installd "ultimate SEO" and that should be configured right. More suggestions? Can it be a ultimate SEO problem?

Edited by Mr_EsS

I have now fix that problem. But it still dosen´t help me with the original problem. When i do a test routing the text that i have for the titel and so on shows. So it is a little step forward.

I have also installd "ultimate SEO" and that should be configured right. More suggestions? Can it be a ultimate SEO problem?

If you can't erase text in page control, then something is wrong with your database or maybe one of the files. Try uploading the includes/header_tags.php and the install and uninstall files. Make sure the header_tags.php file has the correct permissions and then run the uninstall and install files (that will remove any changes you have made regarding Header Tags so only do this if that is OK). Then try editing admin again (you may have to fix the languages again).

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This is the support thread for the new Header Tags SEO contribution. It is based on the Header Tags Controller but is not compatible.

Why the new name?

There are a couple of reasons for this. First, so much has changed in the code that it is mostly a different package and maintaining it would be difficult if it were considered just an update. But beyond that, a lot of people mistakenly confuse the Header Tags Controller as just a meta tags handler. It is that but has gone beyond that basic function for some time now. So to compare it to the other meta tags contributions is just wrong. And I should say here that if all you are looking for is a way to handle the meta tags of your shop, you should not install this contribution since it is definitely overkill. But when you consider that the keywords meta tag is rarely used by google at all nowadays, I can't imagine why someone would want to install a package that relied on that tag so much. And that is the real reason for the new name. This contribution is the only one of its kind to tie together so many Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tricks, that the new namejust made sense.

What's the difference?

The following are the major changes (or the ones I could remember) in this new

contribution:

-> The code is 100% langage compliant.

-> Removed the english/header_tags.php file in favor of database entries.

-> Fixed a bug introduced in a previous version. A spelling mistake would make Page Control fail in some cases. I only mention this here because it was a nasty little bug I could never locate. So anyone having that problem should consider upgrading.

-> Added control options to admin->Configuration.

-> Added additional meta tag options. It is doubtful these will be used that much but a number of requests were received for this option so it was added.

-> Added an option to view the title and meta tags on the actual web page from admin.

-> Added Social Bookmark code.

-> Added code to apply mouseover text to the sites logo - unique for each page.

-> Added code to have the breadcrumb use the header tags titles.

-> Added an exclude list in admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php that prevents header tags code from being added to certain files (like checkout pages). This is because those pages don't need tags and excluding them will simplify matters.

-> Added option to Page Control and Fill Tags so that the keywords can be dynamically generated from the pages on the site. Currently, the code only supports single keywords but I plan on changing that. There is an option in admin to only pick keywords that fall within the keyword density settings.

-> Added an automatic page add feature. You still have to edit the actual file in the root but that's all.

-> Added easy install instruction for STS shops. There is just one change to make and the two contribution work together.

-> Added code to have the new features work with BTS based shops. There may be a few cases where an option doesn't work due to how BTS handles the files, but they should be minimal and not anything to cause a great stir.

-> Changed how title, description and keywords are built. This should provide more flexibility for those that want that option. Each item has a sort order and is displayed in the string of text based on that sort order. So, for example, the title of a page can contain some entered text, the default title and the category and manufacturers names (if applicable), in any order.

-> Added an Un-Install file to completely remove Header Tags from the database. This should make testing and troubleshooting easier.

-> Added code to use curl instead of standard php file calls. The code will try curl first and then switch to a file command if it is not present.

-> Tested in MS2, RC2, STS and BTS shops.

Special thanks to the following for their suggestions:

bkellum

java roasters

surfalot

A lot of time went into creating this contribuiton. I hope it proves useful.

Jack

Jack, first time posting. I am a real novice at this. Loaded your fantastic contribution, all went well after the learning curve. Frustrating at first to not realize the control page was not default settings, kept going back and all my check boxes were gone, learned fast. I optimized my home page and started on key words. I have been doing key words for all categories, sub-categories and products. I have moved from page 55 on Google to page one on many items if less than three months. I know see for the first time that search engines around the world are crawling my site on a daily basis.

Thanks again for a powerful program.

The question I have is key words.

On my admin page I have key words for the main site,then key words for categories,for sub categories and for products. If I go to the web side and do a right click, page info from the WWW, I see the original key words for the complete site, not the categories, sub categories,products. I am doing this on the individual pages, categories ect. Was wondering if I had a check box missing of what it could be.

Examples below of what I am talking about, hope I did not list too much information.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Greg

http://www.gregdorrance.com

http://www.gregdorrance.com/wood-burning-tools-c-648.html

key words:

Wood Carving, Wood Carving Tools, Artist materials, Kramers Best, Bob Guge, Iwata, Quick Wood Epoxy, Airbrushes, Air Brushes, Ram Micro Motor, Arbortech , Wood Burning Tools, Tohickon Glass Eyes, Heritage MultiMedia, Furniture Restoration ,

On Admin side I show key words for category as:

Feather, BURNMASTER ,Formers, Feather Formers,Razertip, Pens, Woodburning, Tips,wood burning patterns, wood carving tools, pyrography tools, wood burning craft tools, wood burning stencils, Colwood, PJL, Optima,burn master, wood burning tools, pyrography designs, wood working branding irons, learn wood burning,wood burning,pyrography tools,pyrography, woodburning, woodburning patterns, woodburning pens, thewoodbox, wood, art, wood art, woodworking, woodcraft, wood craft, slices, slab, wood slab,wood slice, woodburning plan, pattern, hobby lumber, hobbies, woodburning pens, pyrography,woodworking patterns, hobby wood, pyrographic, wood-burning,pyroengraving, wood etch, detail burning, branding, burnishing,woodworking, hardware, hardware store, home improvement store, online, online home improvement store, woodworking products, unique woodworking hardware tools, woodworking tools, tools, woodworking techniques, plans, craft, Timber, wood, adhesives, woodworking glue, cabinet accessories, wood burning, wood burning tools, hardware, power tools, hand tools, accessories, locks, hinges,home hardware, lumber, lumber accessories, hardware

----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.gregdorrance.com/wood-burners-c-648_664.html

key words:

Wood Carving, Wood Carving Tools, Artist materials, Kramers Best, Bob Guge, Iwata, Quick Wood Epoxy, Airbrushes, Air Brushes, Ram Micro Motor, Arbortech , Wood Burning Tools, Tohickon Glass Eyes, Heritage MultiMedia, Furniture Restoration ,

On Admin side I show key words words for sub category as:

Wood Burning, Wood Burning, foreign voltages,plug configurations, wood burning patterns, wood carving tools,pyrography tools,wood burning craft tools,wood burning stencils, Razertip, feather formers, Colwood, PJL, Optima,burn master, excalibre , sabre ,dagger ,etch master ,excalibre deluxe presentation kit ,wood burning tools, pyrography designs, wood working branding irons, learn wood burning,wood burning,pyrography tools,pyrography, woodburning, woodburning patterns, woodburning pens, the woodbox, wood, art, wood art, woodworking, woodcraft, wood craft, slices, slab, wood slab,wood slice, woodburning plan, pattern, hobby lumber, hobbies, woodburning pens, pyrography,woodworking patterns, hobby wood, pyrographic, wood-burning,pyroengraving, wood etch, detail burning, branding, burnishing,woodworking, hardware, hardware store, home improvement store, online, online home improvement store, woodworking products, unique woodworking hardware tools, woodworking tools, tools, woodworking techniques, plans, craft, Timber, wood, adhesives, woodworking glue, cabinet accessories, wood burning, wood burning tools, hardware, power tools, hand tools, accessories, locks, hinges,home hardware, lumber, lumber accessories, hardware, , Wood Carving, Wood Carving Tools, Artist materials, Kramers Best, Bob Guge, Iwata, Quick Wood Epoxy, Airbrushes, Air Brushes, Ram Micro Motor,Ram Pro 45, Arbortech , Tohickon Glass Eyes, Heritage MultiMedia, Furniture Restoration,Vented Handpiece,Standard Handpiece,Walnut Hollow Wood Burning Tools,Woodworking Tools, Wood Carving Tools, wood carving supplies, wood working tools, woodworking plans, woodworking projects, Walnut Hollow,pyrography, pyrographic, gourd carving, gourd, gourd pyrography, dust collecting, wood carving, bird carving, duck decoys, razertip industries, dust management, razaire, wildlife art, woodburning, detail burning, fish carving, razortip, razertip, wood burning, wood carving supplies, pyrography supplies, canada, feather formers, walters,Wood Burning, foreign voltages,plug configurations, wood burning patterns, wood carving tools,pyrography tools,wood burning craft tools,wood burning stencils, Razertip, feather formers, Colwood, PJL, Optima,burn master, etch master ,Wood Carving, Wood Carving Tools, Artist materials, Kramers Best, Bob Guge, Iwata, Quick Wood Epoxy, Airbrushes, Air Brushes, Ram Micro Motor,Ram Pro 45, Arbortech , Tohickon Glass Eyes, Heritage MultiMedia, Furniture Restoration,Vented Handpiece,Standard Handpiece,Walnut Hollow Wood Burning Tools,Woodworking Tools, Wood Carving Tools, wood carving supplies, wood working tools, woodworking plans, woodworking projects, Walnut Hollow,pyrography, pyrographic, gourd carving, gourd, gourd pyrography, dust collecting, wood carving, bird carving, duck decoys, razertip industries, dust management, razaire, wildlife art, woodburning, detail burning, fish carving, razortip, razertip, wood burning, wood carving supplies, pyrography supplies, canada, feather formers, pokerwork, walters,pyrography, carving, tools, dust, micro motor, woodburner, SMC, optima, colwood, detail master, nibs, firebrush, the best, burner, burners, burning, pen, grinder, ultima, decorative, wood, woodcarving, links, carve, carver, woodcarver, collector, dust collector, dust collection, Safe Air, Dust Magnet, air filtration, shop dust

http://www.gregdorrance.com/colwood-deluxe-wood-package-replaceable-tips-p-5432.html

key words:

On Admin side I show key words for product as:

Colwood Cub Deluxe Wood Box Package for Replaceable Tips, Colwood Cub Wood Burner, Cub Burner, Cub by Colwood,

On my admin page I have key words for the main site,then key words for categories,for sub categories and for products. If I go to the web side and do a right click, page info from the WWW, I see the original key words for the complete site, not the categories, sub categories,products. I am doing this on the individual pages, categories ect. Was wondering if I had a check box missing of what it could be.

There is a limit on the size of the keyword field (title an dkeyword description too). A page shouldn't have more than three or four keywords, in general. The way you are handling your keywords is called "keyword stuffing" by google and can get the page banned. But, to the actual question, the list of keywords you are trying to enter is probably just to long to fit into the database field. It could also be that you have the root checkbox checked for the index.php page, which will combine the keywords for the home and category pages.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There is a limit on the size of the keyword field (title an dkeyword description too). A page shouldn't have more than three or four keywords, in general. The way you are handling your keywords is called "keyword stuffing" by google and can get the page banned. But, to the actual question, the list of keywords you are trying to enter is probably just to long to fit into the database field. It could also be that you have the root checkbox checked for the index.php page, which will combine the keywords for the home and category pages.

Thanks Jack for the quick reply. I did not realize the stuffing part. I have so many different items, brands on a page, I tried to put all possible words and combination words in the tags. I will check the index.php page and see if the root checkbox is checked as you suggested. I will let you know how I make out.

Are you or anyone you can suggest available by the hour or job to help get my site files correct for SEO setup so I could finish the individual products. I know I have some errors. I have a person who helps with the code when I get stuck but does not know anything about SEO work. If you are interested please e-mail back.

I apologize if this is improper to ask o the forum. I am new at this.

Thanks again for your time.

GREG

I apologize if this is improper to ask o the forum. I am new at this.

I don't mind but it is aginst forum rules so you need to be careful. I'll PM you.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Can anyone tell me where the problem is? When I go to the admin page I see this and the fill tags and test pages are blank.

I hope u can tell me where the problem is...

It means the installation is not complete or there is some path problem in your admin since the file with the definitions cannot be found.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It means the installation is not complete or there is some path problem in your admin since the file with the definitions cannot be found.

I have done everything in these text files. and checked it twice.

From where does it get these definitions?

Thanks for your support.

I have done everything in these text files. and checked it twice.

From where does it get these definitions?

Thanks for your support.

admin/includes/languages/english/headertags_seo.php

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, I am fumbling around here trying to fix duplicate title tags in google webmaster tools. Even though I have disallow set up for popup_image.php set up in robots, for every product title tag for

/product-name-p-264.html

I am getting a duplicate title tag for the same product's popup image as so

/product-name-pi-264.html

I am using your Header Tags SEO and Ultimate SEO URLS

Maybe I am missing something obvious otherwise to fix this but what I did was modify the popup_image.php code from

<title><?php echo $products['products_name']; ?></title>

<title><?php echo "Image for ".$products['products_name']; ?></title>

The page source now shows different title tags, obviously the words "Image for" being the key factor.

So is this a good solution or did I miss something in the Header Tags SEO and Ultimate SEO URLS add ons that would have taken care of this already.

Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Jack, I am fumbling around here trying to fix duplicate title tags in google webmaster tools. Even though I have disallow set up for popup_image.php set up in robots, for every product title tag for

So is this a good solution or did I miss something in the Header Tags SEO and Ultimate SEO URLS add ons that would have taken care of this already.

Popups shouldn't be indexed at all because when someone clicks on them it just displays an image, which is not any good for generating sales. You should add a no follow, no index meta tag to the popup files.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Popups shouldn't be indexed at all because when someone clicks on them it just displays an image, which is not any good for generating sales. You should add a no follow, no index meta tag to the popup files.

I will do that. Thanks Jack.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Hi all

whats the problem if it says:

*** No keywords found for this page: conditions.php?language=sv

when i try to use keywords from actual page in page control?

Thanks in advance

whats the problem if it says:

*** No keywords found for this page: conditions.php?language=sv

when i try to use keywords from actual page in page control?

Pretty much what it says. Look in the products edit page to see if the keywords actually exist for that language.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons