• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I'm new to this and i have some problems installing HT add-on.

First of all, i have RC2.2 with a free template from TemplateMonster.

I tried to follow the steps in the Install_Catalog but i'm stuck at step 3 2nd instruction. I cant find any code containing "HEADING_TITLE" so i cant go forward. I attach the index.php here so you can see the problem. If anyone can help me i would be very gratefull.

Those templates, especially ones by templatemonster, are nortorius for destroying the oscommerce code. Header Tags can be installed but not by following the instructions (for the shop side). Unfortunately, since the templates don't follow a pattern, there are too many coding possibilities so support for those is not offered. You will need to figure out how to mkae the changes or pay someone to do it for you.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Those templates, especially ones by templatemonster, are nortorius for destroying the oscommerce code. Header Tags can be installed but not by following the instructions (for the shop side). Unfortunately, since the templates don't follow a pattern, there are too many coding possibilities so support for those is not offered. You will need to figure out how to mkae the changes or pay someone to do it for you.

Thank you for your replay. I will try to figure it out.

Installed contrib works like a charm for product pages, only problem is the index is not taking the changes. In page control it remembers the changes I made, but default oscom listings still come up in google.

In test it only has the product page listed. So cant test index.

Have trekked through intall and cant find where i have made a mistake. Any ideas's on how to troubleshoot greatly appreciated

Hi,

I have a problem with the tags, and as I am kind of newbie on this I am posting it here and hope you can help me:

I have set up the default tags for my language and they properly appear on all the needed pages.

I have created some categories and products, and during creation I have set up all the needed tags.

On the page control, for product_info.php I have checked to include the Product and Category, but when a view a product only the default tags are displayed. Also the content language is wrong in the tags (meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-us" >)

The product can be viewed at Produs

What have I done wrong?

Thank you

Hi,

I have a problem with the tags, and as I am kind of newbie on this I am posting it here and hope you can help me:

I have set up the default tags for my language and they properly appear on all the needed pages.

I have created some categories and products, and during creation I have set up all the needed tags.

On the page control, for product_info.php I have checked to include the Product and Category, but when a view a product only the default tags are displayed. Also the content language is wrong in the tags (meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-us" >)

The product can be viewed at Product

What have I done wrong?

Thank you

Can I just say that JACK YOU ARE THE MAN !

This is hands down the single best contribution there is in regards to SEO.

Not only did my rankings improve drastically but so did online sales by well over 100%

Thank-you so much mate.

You're welcome. :) I'm very pleased it helped your site.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Installed contrib works like a charm for product pages, only problem is the index is not taking the changes. In page control it remembers the changes I made, but default oscom listings still come up in google.

In test it only has the product page listed. So cant test index.

Have trekked through intall and cant find where i have made a mistake. Any ideas's on how to troubleshoot greatly appreciated

If the title and tags are present in admin and not in the shop, then there is something wrong on the shop site, or the settings. If you view source for the home page and it doesn't have the title you setup, then you've probably made a mistake in the index.php changes. You can use the included one for a quick test to isolate the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The product can be viewed at Product

What have I done wrong?

The default tags can only be displayed if you have the default checkbox option checked so it appears something is not correct with how the checkboxes are setup.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The default tags can only be displayed if you have the default checkbox option checked so it appears something is not correct with how the checkboxes are setup.

I think that my problem is related with the fact that I am also using Seo Urls 5. After I have disable it is working. They don't work together?

If the title and tags are present in admin and not in the shop, then there is something wrong on the shop site, or the settings. If you view source for the home page and it doesn't have the title you setup, then you've probably made a mistake in the index.php changes. You can use the included one for a quick test to isolate the problem.

when I view source it has my title and keywords. I uploaded included index file, but still the same

Google lists

store_name 9 Jun 2010 ... Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account? Welcome to My Wine and Beer. ...

source lists

<title>My Beer and Wine - Default title</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Homebrew supply shop, Beer making, Wine making - Default description" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="Beer,Wine,Coopers,align top,src images transparent png,width 1,height 16,border 0,alt , Default Keywords" >

thanks for your speedy reply and all the work that you put into this contribution

I think that my problem is related with the fact that I am also using Seo Urls 5. After I have disable it is working. They don't work together?

They will work together but you have to apply a fix, or maybe it's a setting, in that contribution. It is mentioned in this thread, I think, or maybe in the SEO 5 docs.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

when I view source it has my title and keywords. I uploaded included index file, but still the same

Google lists

store_name 9 Jun 2010 ... Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account? Welcome to My Wine and Beer. ...

source lists

<title>My Beer and Wine - Default title</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Homebrew supply shop, Beer making, Wine making - Default description" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="Beer,Wine,Coopers,align top,src images transparent png,width 1,height 16,border 0,alt , Default Keywords" >

thanks for your speedy reply and all the work that you put into this contribution

The search engines only update their listings after they have looked at the pages so it could be that google just hasn't checked your site since the change. Plus, having the title and description is only a suggestion to them as to what to use. If they don't think it matches the page, they will create their own from text on the page. So be sure the text on the page contains that, or similar, information.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack could you help to decide this question I could not find answer

I would like category description works with fckeditor like product description

I have changed 2 strings but that looks like is not solution nothing work att all

case 'new_category':

$category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_textarea_field('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'hard', 30, 5, '');

to

$category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_fckeditor('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','600','300',(isset($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_category_htc_description($category_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));

and

case 'edit_category':

$category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_textarea_field('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'hard', 30, 5, tep_get_category_htc_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']));

to

case 'new_category':

$category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_fckeditor('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','600','300',(isset($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_category_htc_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages

thanks

Hi Alex - did u ever find/get a solution to this?

Chris

:)

Hi all!

I installed the lastest version today v3.2.3 on a "cleanish" 2.2RC2 I had some contributions installed previously

- SEO URL:s

- All products SEO

- Google XML SEO

The contribution seems to be working perfectly for all my english pages. However, it's not working for danish language (which is default) In all pages i get the "replace me" title when danish is used but if i select english, it works great.

I tried changing the meta tags for index.php (both using defaults and specific) but nothing works. When i clik "view result", it always shows me the "replace me" text as result for danish tags. I i click "view result" on the english tags, it shows the correct text

danish.jpg

Languagde code for danish is 4, english = 7 and seems consisten in all tables

I would appreciate any feedback.. Thanks

/Aarto

Hi guys,

I am not the best with FTP etc so bear with me.

I tried to install the Header Tags SEO

I uploaded the headertags_seo_install file to the same directory as index.php

I then entered the path for this in the address bar and got this:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/admtools/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 320

Even after removing the headertags file, I still get this message when trying to access me site homepage.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi all!

I installed the lastest version today v3.2.3 on a "cleanish" 2.2RC2 I had some contributions installed previously

- SEO URL:s

- All products SEO

- Google XML SEO

The contribution seems to be working perfectly for all my english pages. However, it's not working for danish language (which is default) In all pages i get the "replace me" title when danish is used but if i select english, it works great. /Aarto

Try running the test routine and, if there are language errors, use the buttons that are shown.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I tried to install the Header Tags SEO

I uploaded the headertags_seo_install file to the same directory as index.php

I then entered the path for this in the address bar and got this:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/admtools/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 320

Even after removing the headertags file, I still get this message when trying to access me site homepage.

You didn't complete the installation since adding that function is part of it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm trying to purchase the installation with http://www.oscommerce-solution.com but i cannot find Singapore in the list of countries under billing address.

This isn't something that is allowed on the forums. I've PM'ed you.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try running the test routine and, if there are language errors, use the buttons that are shown.

Hi all! I got it working after i dropped the header_tags tables and re-installed them.. All is fine :-) GREAT Contribution. thanks

/Aarto

Hi Jack,

I upgraded last weekend to "Header Tags SEO V 3.2.3" (hopefully) and if I start the test - no errors show up.

What I noticed is that the Product Keyword Tag entires are exactly the same as the Article Name.

I was assuming that all used keywords retrieved from whatever are to be separated by commas?

I did several trials but could not get the Product Keywords separated by commas.

The Product Description Tags do get retrieved from the article description correctly.

I also noticed that I'm getting the following error message

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /www/htdocs/w007db37/n2h_shop/catalog/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 498

when selecting Description Override=YES and Keywords Override=YES and PRODUCTS='Fill all tags'

Could that be due to the big amount of Products I have (about 2.500)? Can the timeout somehow be extended?

Any idea what I am doing wrong or what could be wrong? Any hint would be appreciated highly.

Best regards

Dieter/Germany

What I noticed is that the Product Keyword Tag entires are exactly the same as the Article Name.

I was assuming that all used keywords retrieved from whatever are to be separated by commas?

I did several trials but could not get the Product Keywords separated by commas.

The Product Description Tags do get retrieved from the article description correctly.

I also noticed that I'm getting the following error message

when selecting Description Override=YES and Keywords Override=YES and PRODUCTS='Fill all tags'

Could that be due to the big amount of Products I have (about 2.500)? Can the timeout somehow be extended?

Any idea what I am doing wrong or what could be wrong? Any hint would be appreciated highly.

Header Tags doesn't have an article page. Are you referring to the Article Manager contribution?

You have to add commas for any keywords you enter. Header Tags will add commas between groups of them.

Yes, you are getting the timeout due to the number of products and the limits of your server. You can ask your host to increase your limit but it is unlikely they will do so.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Header Tags doesn't have an article page. Are you referring to the Article Manager contribution?

No, I am not referring to the Article Manager contribution. For me as German Article is the same as Product - Sorry for the confusion.

You have to add commas for any keywords you enter. Header Tags will add commas between groups of them.

Do you mean I have to enter for every of my 1000+ products my keywords manually? I was hoping 'Header Tags SEO' is taking care of this. What do you mean by: Header Tags will add commas between groups of them? Can you give me a short example please?

Yes, you are getting the timeout due to the number of products and the limits of your server. You can ask your host to increase your limit but it is unlikely they will do so.

OK - Understood. Here it would help to perform 'Fill Tags' on selected Folders/Categories. Any chance to get such in the future?

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Dieter