• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

just installed the update and when i add a Pseudo Page: i get thee following error

1054 - Unknown column 'sortorder_logo_1' in 'field list'

insert into headertags (page_name, page_title, page_description, page_keywords, page_logo, page_logo_1, page_logo_2, page_logo_3, page_logo_4, append_default_title, append_default_description, append_default_keywords, append_default_logo, append_category, append_manufacturer, append_product, append_root, sortorder_title, sortorder_description, sortorder_keywords, sortorder_logo, sortorder_logo_1, sortorder_logo_2, sortorder_logo_3, sortorder_logo_4, sortorder_category, sortorder_manufacturer, sortorder_product, sortorder_root, sortorder_root_1, sortorder_root_2, sortorder_root_3, sortorder_root_4, language_id) values ('information.php?info_id=10', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1')

[TEP STOP]

Edited by puddlec

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

just installed the update and when i add a Pseudo Page: i get thee following error

Unknown column 'sortorder_logo_1' in 'field list'

Sounds like you skipped an update since that was a fix in an earlier one.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Sounds like you skipped an update since that was a fix in an earlier one.

i checked all of the update files from the one i know i was using, (and even went a bit futher back, to make sure i di not miss it off before) and have not seen any referance to

sortorder_logo_1 in any of them.

i also checked the headertags_seo_update file, and it is not in there either

App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

i checked all of the update files from the one i know i was using, (and even went a bit futher back, to make sure i di not miss it off before) and have not seen any referance to

sortorder_logo_1 in any of them.

i also checked the headertags_seo_update file, and it is not in there either

Run these db lines

ALTER TABLE `headertags` ADD `sortorder_logo_1` tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 AFTER `sortorder_logo`;
ALTER TABLE `headertags` ADD `sortorder_logo_2` tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 AFTER `sortorder_logo_1`;
ALTER TABLE `headertags` ADD `sortorder_logo_3` tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 AFTER `sortorder_logo_2`;
ALTER TABLE `headertags` ADD `sortorder_logo_4` tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 AFTER `sortorder_logo_3`;

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Run these db lines

ALTER TABLE `headertags` ADD `sortorder_logo_1` tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 AFTER `sortorder_logo`;
ALTER TABLE `headertags` ADD `sortorder_logo_2` tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 AFTER `sortorder_logo_1`;
ALTER TABLE `headertags` ADD `sortorder_logo_3` tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 AFTER `sortorder_logo_2`;
ALTER TABLE `headertags` ADD `sortorder_logo_4` tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 AFTER `sortorder_logo_3`;

thanks for your help

App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

Have installed the Header Tags SEO, and all seems to be working fine. My issue has to do with the rel=canonical code. The rel=canonical code is working well for all internal pages of my site (product categories, etc), but it is not showing up in the home page. How do i get it to show up there?

I've noticed Google is indexing http://www.fitness-shop.com.au, but is also indexing pages like:

http://www.fitness-shop.com.au/index.php?osCsid=350785ac746dea26a894b39e3128cb60 and

http://www.fitness-shop.com.au/index.php?filter_id=28&language=en&osCsid=e7d2b3b338e61ecbeaa6e3a887bb41d8

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Richard

Have installed the Header Tags SEO, and all seems to be working fine. My issue has to do with the rel=canonical code. The rel=canonical code is working well for all internal pages of my site (product categories, etc), but it is not showing up in the home page. How do i get it to show up there?

I've noticed Google is indexing http://www.fitness-shop.com.au, but is also indexing pages like:

http://www.fitness-shop.com.au/index.php?osCsid=350785ac746dea26a894b39e3128cb60 and

http://www.fitness-shop.com.au/index.php?filter_id=28&language=en&osCsid=e7d2b3b338e61ecbeaa6e3a887bb41d8

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Richard

There shouldn't be any reason, that I can think of, for the canonical tag not to show up on the home page if it is showing on the others. The code does use the FILENAME_DEFAULT setting though so if your shop has been altered so it doesn't use that, that would cause it. Also be sure you have replaced the includes/header_tags.php and includes/functions/header_tags.php files.

If session ID's are being seen by the search engines, then you probably don't have the prevent spider setting set to true. Search the forums for more details or post in the general forum for help with that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There shouldn't be any reason, that I can think of, for the canonical tag not to show up on the home page if it is showing on the others. The code does use the FILENAME_DEFAULT setting though so if your shop has been altered so it doesn't use that, that would cause it. Also be sure you have replaced the includes/header_tags.php and includes/functions/header_tags.php files.

If session ID's are being seen by the search engines, then you probably don't have the prevent spider setting set to true. Search the forums for more details or post in the general forum for help with that.

Thanks for that quick reply.

"Prevent Spider Sessions" was set to true. And i did replace the includes/header_tags.php and includes/functions/header_tags.php files (and just to be sure, i replaced them again). Still no rel=canonical code in main page.

Please excuse my ignorance, but how would i check to see if my site does (or does not) use the FILENAME_DEFAULT setting.

Cheers,

Richard

Please excuse my ignorance, but how would i check to see if my site does (or does not) use the FILENAME_DEFAULT setting.

There should be an entry for that in includes/filenames.php but assuming you can change the title of the home page in Page Control, it is working OK. This isn't an issue with Header Tags though so you will need to post in the general forum for further help with it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There should be an entry for that in includes/filenames.php but assuming you can change the title of the home page in Page Control, it is working OK. This isn't an issue with Header Tags though so you will need to post in the general forum for further help with it.

Will do, thanks.

Richard

Jack, i just need your opinion on one more thing. To try to overcome this issue (rel=canonical not showing up in main page) i have added a <head> tag in the includes/languages/english/index.php file:

<head><link rel="canonical" href="http://www.fitness-shop.com.au/"></head>

When viewing the source code in the main page, it shows the rel=canonical code there (and still in all other pages). Great news i thought. However, obviously, there are now two <head> tags in the source code for the main page. Is this a problem (particularly for SEO purposes, as i am SEO'ing my website)?

Cheers,

Richard

Jack, i just need your opinion on one more thing. To try to overcome this issue (rel=canonical not showing up in main page) i have added a <head> tag in the includes/languages/english/index.php file:

<head><link rel="canonical" href="http://www.fitness-shop.com.au/"></head>

When viewing the source code in the main page, it shows the rel=canonical code there (and still in all other pages). Great news i thought. However, obviously, there are now two <head> tags in the source code for the main page. Is this a problem (particularly for SEO purposes, as i am SEO'ing my website)?

Cheers,

Richard

The code for that tag is built-in. It is possible to override it but not the way you are trying. It would be a better approach to fix the existing problem. Completed files are included in the contribution for that purpose and the test routing will solve many problems, so you start with those.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The code for that tag is built-in. It is possible to override it but not the way you are trying. It would be a better approach to fix the existing problem. Completed files are included in the contribution for that purpose and the test routing will solve many problems, so you start with those.

I have searched through all the files/folders in the contribution, and compared them to what i have installed. They all appear to be correct. I have 'Tested the Installation' in the Header Tags SEO admin panel - no errors regarding the index page.

Where would i look in the contribution files that puts the rel=canonical code into all pages - specifically the index page (perhaps i have an error there)?

I cant figure this one out! Do you have any specific ideas as to how i could overcome this problem.

I appreciate your time on this.

Richard

I decided to reinstall the whole contribution. and after a looooong time i finally got it right. and the canonical code is now showing in the index page :-) (not too happy that i paid someone to install this contribution, then had to re-do it all myself when it wasn't working!!)

Richard.

I decided to reinstall the whole contribution. and after a looooong time i finally got it right. and the canonical code is now showing in the index page :-) (not too happy that i paid someone to install this contribution, then had to re-do it all myself when it wasn't working!!)

If you pay someone to install a contribution, they should install it correctly. It may be too late now but that person should have fixed the problem or issued a refund.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you pay someone to install a contribution, they should install it correctly. It may be too late now but that person should have fixed the problem or issued a refund.

yeah, i did think about contacting them. but in the end i took a positive from it all - i learnt a few things about the contribution. and sometimes it is just easier to walk away from a problem - that's business for you!!

But, thanks again for all your help. Its people like you that make this forum what it is.

Cheers,

Richard

Hello there.

I have a biiig problem.

It seems that your last update made my index page to not display anymore. I get this message

1146 - Table 'xxx.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_CACHE' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_CACHE where title = 's:39:"header_tags_index.php_english_cache_id_";' limit 1

When i executed headertags_seo_update i got this message

INSERT INTO  `configuration_group` (  `configuration_group_id` ,  `configuration_group_title` ,  `configuration_group_description` ,  `sort_order` ,  `visible` ) 
VALUES (

'543',  'Header Tags SEO',  'Header Tags SEO site wide options',  '20',  '1'
);

MySQL say: 

#1062 - Duplicate entry '543' for key 1 

I tryed to uninstal and then instal back the sql data for the contribution and still no efect.

If i turn my the header tage cache on ... i get the message ... if i turn it off the index page works fine.

Did i do something wrong ?

Edited by mirabilisvoyage

It seems that your last update made my index page to not display anymore. I get this message

1146 - Table 'xxx.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_CACHE' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_CACHE where title = 's:39:"header_tags_index.php_english_cache_id_";' limit 1[/code]

It seems to didn't complete the update instructions. See step 7, and any other that were skipped.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

with reference to the Header Tag functions when editing a Category, the 'Header Tags Category Description' only seems to allow a certain number of characters. Is there any way to increase the number of characters allowed? i basically want this 'Header Tags Category Description' to be the same as my 'Header Tags Categories Description' - the text shown to describe the category). i tried to paste all the information into that box, but it only keeps a couple sentences of it.

Cheers,

Richard

with reference to the Header Tag functions when editing a Category, the 'Header Tags Category Description' only seems to allow a certain number of characters. Is there any way to increase the number of characters allowed? i basically want this 'Header Tags Category Description' to be the same as my 'Header Tags Categories Description' - the text shown to describe the category). i tried to paste all the information into that box, but it only keeps a couple sentences of it.

You can increase the size of the field in the database but it won't serve any purpose since the search engines will just truncate it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You can increase the size of the field in the database but it won't serve any purpose since the search engines will just truncate it.

Thanks for that - so no point in doing it then.

Another little project i have in mind.... I would like to add '| Fitness Shop' to every category page title. so, for example, when on my Weights Benches category, the title will show 'Weights Benches | Fitness Shop', as will the rest of them.

If i add this manually in the settings used in Header Tags SEO (in the Header Tags Category Title), it does what i want. however, it also shows at the top of the product page where the category name and description are. (look at this so you know what i mean - http://www.fitness-shop.com.au/weights-benches-c-39.html).

Is there another way to manually modify the page titles to add it to each title so it only shows in the page title and not at the top of the category page text.

I hope this makes sense.

Richard

Thanks for that - so no point in doing it then.

Another little project i have in mind.... I would like to add '| Fitness Shop' to every category page title. so, for example, when on my Weights Benches category, the title will show 'Weights Benches | Fitness Shop', as will the rest of them.

If i add this manually in the settings used in Header Tags SEO (in the Header Tags Category Title), it does what i want. however, it also shows at the top of the product page where the category name and description are. (look at this so you know what i mean - http://www.fitness-shop.com.au/weights-benches-c-39.html).

Is there another way to manually modify the page titles to add it to each title so it only shows in the page title and not at the top of the category page text.

I hope this makes sense.

Richard

sorry, that link wont work as it has an end bracket at the end of it. the proper link is http://www.fitness-shop.com.au/weights-benches-c-39.html

Richard

Thanks for contribution - still 100% working

Can there a feature be added to save any existing keywords that was manually added in catalog in case all keywords was converted to title description.

The keyword generator isn't adding keywords as per page control product_info.php - getting 1 keyword: var,

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

No, that's part of the SEO. The web browser title is supposed to match the page title. You can chnage the code in the index.php file so the category name is used instead of the title from Header Tags but I wouldn't recomend it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons