• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I am not sure why you say that it is an invalid url because when I type it in and load the page I am taken to my products page. I currently dont have any products in this store yet as I am just building it but I have also tried it in another store I am building which does have some products and I am getting the same error message which is:

Go back to your original post and click on the link you provided. It says product not found. You don't have to fully populated shop to setup Header Tags but you do have to have a working product page if you are going to use the overrides, depending upon which one. Try running fill tags without any of the overrides. If it works, and if you have the latest version of Header Tags installed, then it is most likely because you are trying to use an override that loads data from the page and there isn't any data to load.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Whats weird is i can select Edit a product, not do or make any changes, Click preview and then it wont display that products title either!!

What should I do?? I really need some ides on this.

Read the instructions regarding troubleshooting. They are there for a reason.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Go back to your original post and click on the link you provided. It says product not found. You don't have to fully populated shop to setup Header Tags but you do have to have a working product page if you are going to use the overrides, depending upon which one. Try running fill tags without any of the overrides. If it works, and if you have the latest version of Header Tags installed, then it is most likely because you are trying to use an override that loads data from the page and there isn't any data to load.

Thanks for the quick reply. Your right that no product was shown as I have not added any products yet so I will load my products and try again. However in the other store there are products and I got the same message.

Anyway, thanks again and I will start the product input today as see how we go.

Michael

I would like to display custom text for each category. From what I can see I can do it but that will mean that my meta description for the category pages will share the same text. Is there a way to have custom category text and custom category meta description which will not be tied into the the same text box in admin? Maybe you can recommend another module that I can install along side "Header Tags SEO"? Thanks.

I would like to display custom text for each category. From what I can see I can do it but that will mean that my meta description for the category pages will share the same text. Is there a way to have custom category text and custom category meta description which will not be tied into the the same text box in admin? Maybe you can recommend another module that I can install along side "Header Tags SEO"? Thanks.

There is a separate box for entering category text so it would only match the meta description text if you chose to enter it twice.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Read the instructions regarding troubleshooting. They are there for a reason.

Still dont see it Jack...could you be more detailed in your answer on what the issue is?? Or can you be hired to fix it? install it?

How can I get someone to install this for me??? If you now anyone that want to make some extra money....give me price and id be more then happy tp pay ya.

Hi there,

I've problem with the instal. of the Header Tag Seo. The instruction(Install_Catalog.txt) say i need to finde this lines

at Index.php

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
   <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
  </tr>

and this one

?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

and this

<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
  </tr>

this one to

<tr>
         <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>
        </tr>

and product_info.php:

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?php echo $products_name; ?></td>
           <td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
               <td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>

</table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->

// add category names or the manufacturer name to the breadcrumb trail
 if (isset($cPath_array)) {
   for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($cPath_array); $i<$n; $i++) {
     $categories_query = tep_db_query("select categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$cPath_array[$i] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
     if (tep_db_num_rows($categories_query) > 0) {
       $categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
       $breadcrumb->add($categories['categories_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . implode('_', array_slice($cPath_array, 0, ($i+1)))));
     } else {
       break;
     }
   }
 } elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
   $manufacturers_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
   if (tep_db_num_rows($manufacturers_query)) {
     $manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_query);
     $breadcrumb->add($manufacturers['manufacturers_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']));
   }
 }

// add the products model to the breadcrumb trail
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
   $model_query = tep_db_query("select products_model from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");
   if (tep_db_num_rows($model_query)) {
     $model = tep_db_fetch_array($model_query);
     $breadcrumb->add($model['products_model'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));
   }
 }

head.php

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

but i can't find this lines in my documents, how comes?

Still dont see it Jack...could you be more detailed in your answer on what the issue is?? Or can you be hired to fix it? install it?

From the Install_Admin.txt file,

3 - In general, the vast majority of problems with the installation of Header Tags

is due to mistakes in the admin/categories.php file.

I've PM'ed you regarding the other question.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi there,

I've problem with the instal. of the Header Tag Seo. The instruction(Install_Catalog.txt) say i need to finde this lines

at Index.php

but i can't find this lines in my documents, how comes?

You are most likely using a pre-made template. Template designers usually hack up the code to where it doesn't match the original. In sush a situation, you either need to figure it out yourself or pay someone to install it for you.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You are most likely using a pre-made template. Template designers usually hack up the code to where it doesn't match the original. In sush a situation, you either need to figure it out yourself or pay someone to install it for you.

oi sounds not good, its complicated to figure it by myself?

Hi,

I have installed Header Tags SEO V 3.1.8 and I would like to have different keywords for some specific products.

Is it possible or is it always programe generated ?

Thanks for your help.

Marc

HI There, after successfully installing Header tags, we have encountered a problem where the product decription and title are not saving to the database, this doesnt work even if update an old one it seems fine in the preview page before i "update" but once i have done updated it just doesnt seem to save

has anyone got any ideas please.

All the best

Adam

I have installed Header Tags SEO V 3.1.8 and I would like to have different keywords for some specific products.

Is it possible or is it always programe generated ?

Goto admin->Catalog - choose a product to edit - type in the keywords you want to use.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

HI There, after successfully installing Header tags, we have encountered a problem where the product decription and title are not saving to the database, this doesnt work even if update an old one it seems fine in the preview page before i "update" but once i have done updated it just doesnt seem to save

Please read the troubleshooting section in the install file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I would like to thank the author of this contribution for a great addon with AMAZING instructions. It probably has the greatest instructions I have ever seen in a contribution and I also like the /docs file with all the helpful info.

I have yet to install it, and I hope to get some better search engine positions, but this deserves a big "thumbs up" just for the way it was thought through.

Thank You!!

hi,

Add Missing Pages.

When clicked, Header Tags adds the pages to Page control, which also means they are correctly recorded in Headertags.php, however the defined names used to check the page name dont appear in Filenames.php, is headertags supposed to add entries in Filenames.php or do i have to add all my pages in Filenames.php myself ?

Hi,

whilst waiting for a reply to the above query, i have manually entered the defines in filenames.php

I think i have spotted a bug.

Here is section from Headertags.php, after i had run Add missing Pages

// Marble-Fireplaces-West-Yorkshire.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_MARBLE-FIREPLACES-WEST-YORKSHIRE):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_MARBLE-FIREPLACES-WEST-YORKSHIRE);

break;

As you can see above the filename i have used is Marble-Fireplaces-West-Yorkshire.php

when headertags creates its code as above, it also uses the hyphen within its defined name, however the hyphen is being seen as a 'Minus' sign as it is coloured blue, this stops headertags matching this define with the entry in filenames.php

(hope that makes sense) ?

If i change the above to FILENAME_MARBLE_FIREPLACES_WEST_YORKSHIRE and also change the filename.php to FILENAME_MARBLE_FIREPLACES_WEST_YORKSHIRE everything works ok and the tags show as they should instead of the default tags which get used as headertag cannot find a match in filenames.php.

The code in header tags assumes there is an entry in the filenames.php file for each page it is to handle since that is how standard oscommerce code works. If it finds a page to add but can't find an entry in the filenames.php file, it tries to build the entry itself using the name of the file. It's up to you to ensure your shop is setup properly. So if you have a file named "Marble-Fireplaces-West-Yorkshire.php" then add an entry in filenames.php like the following and itshould work properly.

define('FILENAME_MARBLE_FIREPLACES_WEST_YORKSHIRE', 'Marble-Fireplaces-West-Yorkshire.php');

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi jack,

i had this problem with a double slash in the canonical for the catalog/index.php.

the generated canonical was: ..../catalog//

removing the following lines in functions/header_tags.php results in: ..../catalog/index.php

if ($cnt == 1 && basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_DEFAULT) //home page
 {
   return StripSID(tep_href_link('/'));
 } 

i think it's better to have index.php instead of double slashes!?!

what do you think about this solution?

thanks 4 help

by the way; in my multi language shop the canonical for index.php is the same for every language! which means that only one language will be indexed!

bug or missing feature?

by the way; in my multi language shop the canonical for index.php is the same for every language! which means that only one language will be indexed!

Try this. In includes/header_tags.php, find

if (tep_not_null($cPath))
     $canonical_url = StripSID(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath='.$cPath));

and change it to

if (tep_not_null($cPath))
   {
      $args = tep_get_all_get_params(array('action','currency', tep_session_name(),'sort'));
      $canonical_url = StripSID(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $args, 'NONSSL', false) );
   }

As for the double slash, that is due to a mistake in your configure file, although the code probably should check for it. Double slashes are generally ignored though while index.php is not.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

after upgrading from 3.18 to 3.22 I've this error in administration/header_tags_seo.php :

Failed to open file: /home/www/blabla/root/catalog/configuration.php

All the website works, I don't know where it comes from. I checked both configure files... but...

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

Hi Jack,

after upgrading from 3.18 to 3.22 I've this error in administration/header_tags_seo.php :

Failed to open file: /home/www/blabla/root/catalog/configuration.php

All the website works, I don't know where it comes from. I checked both configure files... but...

It sounds like you replaced the admin/includes/application_top.php file, which was a mistake in one of the versions. You will need to replace that file with the original.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like you replaced the admin/includes/application_top.php file, which was a mistake in one of the versions. You will need to replace that file with the original.

I checked and I didn't change it... I saw it, but it sounded strange, so I didn't upload the file.

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

Hi again :rolleyes:

I've got a new problem, after i start the Header Tag Seo test after I use fill tags, it show me many of duplicate title and duplikate discription. Can someone tell me what I do wrong and how i can fix this porblem? :blush: