• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hello Jack

I need some guidance, I am getting crazy.

First i tried to install you Ultimate SEO V 2.2d which was a failure due some things with my hosting. After that i set the FWR version and directly after that your "Currently Viewing" feature was disabled. And this evening nothing in Page Control (product_info.php) was affected by my changes just the Default Tags - Español section.

Was only after setting USU5 off that your tags re appeared, but was late due all the mess i did with the Override....

What´s going on?

I need some guidance, I am getting crazy.

First i tried to install you Ultimate SEO V 2.2d which was a failure due some things with my hosting. After that i set the FWR version and directly after that your "Currently Viewing" feature was disabled. And this evening nothing in Page Control (product_info.php) was affected by my changes just the Default Tags - Español section.

Was only after setting USU5 off that your tags re appeared, but was late due all the mess i did with the Override....

I don't use that contribution so I can't help with fixing your problem. You'll need to ask in its support thread. I can say that others have used it with Header Tags though so I assume they do work together.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have a small problem all works ok but the TITLE is not generated :-( - what did I miss?

http://bit.ly/62TIrZ

Thanks

I do have this in product_info

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<?php

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

Edited by vektormedia

Hi Jack,

What is the best/easiest way to see what version of Headertags SEO I am running?

I did do an update back along although I do not seem to have the config option under the config settings in my admin panel so I guess I am either missing something or on an out of date version.

Many thanks,

Anthony

Hi Jack,

What is the best/easiest way to see what version of Headertags SEO I am running?

I did do an update back along although I do not seem to have the config option under the config settings in my admin panel so I guess I am either missing something or on an out of date version.

Many thanks,

Anthony

I think includes/header_tags.php - i have the version there

Test Results

Duplicate title found: explain

for English

exists more than once.

Duplicate meta description found: explain

for English

exists more than once.

What title isn't being created?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

There's not currently an easy way. You would need to go through the update docs to see if those changes are installed. The next version, which I hope to get uploaded in a week or two, will have my Version Checker contribution installed in it so the version can easily be checked from admin.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There's not currently an easy way. You would need to go through the update docs to see if those changes are installed. The next version, which I hope to get uploaded in a week or two, will have my Version Checker contribution installed in it so the version can easily be checked from admin.

thanks jack - ill take a look

http://bit.ly/62TIrZ

It should show the product name in the page title - but it doesn't

None of your titles are showing. If you go into the products edit page in admin and can see the header tags title, then the problem is on your shop side. Otherwise, it's in admin since the database isn't being updated. Assuming the first one, upload the included product_info.php file for a quick test. It will mess up your product display but the test will only take a few minutes. If the title shows, then the problem is in the products_info.php file. Otherwise, it's the includes/header_tags.php file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

None of your titles are showing. If you go into the products edit page in admin and can see the header tags title, then the problem is on your shop side. Otherwise, it's in admin since the database isn't being updated. Assuming the first one, upload the included product_info.php file for a quick test. It will mess up your product display but the test will only take a few minutes. If the title shows, then the problem is in the products_info.php file. Otherwise, it's the includes/header_tags.php file.

OK I did the test by uploading product_info.php - looks like this is not the page causing the problem it's still not show the product name in the title

In admin on product edit - I see the fields for Meta Tag Information - but they are empty :-(

I also reinstall the database and Header TAGS SEO - using the install - but still the product names are not auto filled

They are not auto filled. You have to run fill tags.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi.

There is no contact_us.php and privacy.php page in page listing, but db table has it.

How can I set title for that pages?

Follow the instructions in step one where it says to had the code to the head section.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have got some problems with Header Tags SEO.

I can see that the products meta name description on the product info pages includes the products description when I look at the source code for the webpage but it also include the meta name description from the parent directory at the end.

Is it right?

I also wonder if it is possible to have unique Title Tags for the product info pages. Now it get the end of Titletag from the parent category.

Hello.

I have a similar problem as mentioned.

I have an store with STS. The store is Only in Spanish (language_id=3)

I have seen all the tags are filled for the products into the right field in the tables, they are.

I have seen all the page fields are filled. They are.

it is working for some cases but....

Products does't work. Even having all the information filled, I am unable to see the product, or the keywords for the products in product_info.php, i.e.

When I see "Currenty viewing: " I only see the store name for the Anchor text, but the right link for the page.

I only see the default page, title and keywords for the products in product_info.php

This is the configuration in product_info.php file :

Title = Empty

Description = Empty

Keywords = Empty

Logo Text = Empty

Default Keywords: Checked = 3

Category : Checked = 2

Product: Checked = 10

if I click Keywords radio button I receive "*** No keywords found for this page: product_info.php?language=es"

if I click "View Results" checkbox, I receive:

Title Red color: 404 Not found

Description : Yellow color: Empty

Keywords: Yellow color: Empty.

I am lost.

Could somebody help me ?

Thank you

Regards,

Hello again.

I have discovered something more.

The mentioned store (se previous reply) has "Seo URL 5" product installed.

I have seen if I connect to reviews.php with no product, it works. (see previous)

So, I have "retouched" some code to debug, and it doesn't work. :-(

BUT.....

if I stop "SEO URL 5" it definitely doesn't work.

Stopping SEO URL 5, I receive in the product info page the following 2 errors:

Warning: ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in C:\EasyPHP\www\Web.Relojero\includes\functions\header_tags.php on line 223

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in C:\EasyPHP\www\Web.Relojero\includes\functions\header_tags.php on line 63

and the page doesn't render well.

So, ideas?

thank you

I have got some problems with Header Tags SEO.

I can see that the products meta name description on the product info pages includes the products description when I look at the source code for the webpage but it also include the meta name description from the parent directory at the end.

Is it right?

I also wonder if it is possible to have unique Title Tags for the product info pages. Now it get the end of Titletag from the parent category.

Run fill tags and turn of the include category options in page control.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The mentioned store (se previous reply) has "Seo URL 5" product installed.

I have seen if I connect to reviews.php with no product, it works. (see previous)

So, I have "retouched" some code to debug, and it doesn't work. :-(

BUT.....

if I stop "SEO URL 5" it definitely doesn't work.

Stopping SEO URL 5, I receive in the product info page the following 2 errors:

Warning: ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in C:\EasyPHP\www\Web.Relojero\includes\functions\header_tags.php on line 223

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in C:\EasyPHP\www\Web.Relojero\includes\functions\header_tags.php on line 63

Sounds like you didn't run fill tags.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Run fill tags and turn of the include category options in page control.

Ok thank you! I will try that. I have also a strange problem. When I try to fill in one category with the title tag I get these warning messages below. The images on that page will not show either.

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 64

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 65

It works fine to fill in the title tags for the other categories.