• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I installed the Header Tags SEO contrib successfully, but am not

able to get the title tag, keywords and the description for each

product to show up in the catalog front end.

You could try the suggestions mentioned in the test section in admin.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, I installed version 3.1.2 with and upgraded STS template from V4.1 to V4.5.8. The web pages work fine except the browser title doesn't change at all. It is showing store name then the logo text. I tried to change the text but the title still not changed. Any one knows what happen? Thanks!

Hi, I installed version 3.1.2 with and upgraded STS template from V4.1 to V4.5.8. The web pages work fine except the browser title doesn't change at all. It is showing store name then the logo text. I tried to change the text but the title still not changed. Any one knows what happen? Thanks!

You should upgrade to the latest version of Header Tags first. Then review the install instructions since it sounds like you didn't install it correctly. Search this thread for problems with STS if it still fails.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

You could try the suggestions mentioned in the test section in admin.

Hi Jack - I did everything, ran fill tags too and still the products and category tags aren't changed.

There must be something else.

Also, the header tags are in the index.php, product_info.php and also in my STS temp files.

Thanks for helping,

Brian

Hi Jack - I did everything, ran fill tags too and still the products and category tags aren't changed.

There must be something else.

Also, the header tags are in the index.php, product_info.php and also in my STS temp files.

Thanks for helping,

Brian

What are STS temp files? There's no mention of changing such files in the install instructions. What are the result of the test page?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

What are STS temp files? There's no mention of changing such files in the install instructions. What are the result of the test page?

sts templates file for index... it has the <!--$headcontent-->

So why it doesn't work for me I do not understand.

The tags are the same for all products. I keep playing with the installation in the back end, to no avail.

You should upgrade to the latest version of Header Tags first. Then review the install instructions since it sounds like you didn't install it correctly. Search this thread for problems with STS if it still fails.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the reply! I tried to upgrade to V3.19, when i edit this step:

=============================================

In includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php,

REPLACE:

$sts->template['headertags']= "<title>" . TITLE ."</title>";

WITH:

if (!isset($sts->template['headertags'])) $sts->template['headertags']= "<title>" . TITLE ."</title>";

$sts->template['headertags_logotext'] = tep_not_null($header_tags_array['logo_text']) ? $header_tags_array['logo_text'] : STORE_NAME;

=============================================

the browser title displays as it should be! Thanks! :D

However, the banner image is missing. Instead of displaying the graphic/banner, it displays the text "$banner_only". Do you know why is this?

I tried to undo the above code for general.php but the banner still disappered. The title remain normal. How to fix this??

Thanks a bunch!!

If anybody could help....

Hello:

I installed the Header Tags SEO contrib successfully, but am not

able to get the title tag, keywords and the description for each

product to show up in the catalog front end.

What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something?

Thanks for the input,

Brian Burke

http://www.jonasclark.com/catalog

954-456-4420

I am very new to all this but i found something that helped me and i think you are having this problem if you go to page control in the admin side of this contrib and when you look at the pages in the list there is a box labeled includes you will check which one you want for that page and put a number in the box for its sort order then main one is the product info for that page you must have a check in the box labeled product for the the product dectription and meta tags on each of your products to have them change see how that works out for you

please I am at my wits end here, i cant seem to get any information on the catagories pages of my site, the product pages fill just fine but no matter what i do the catagorie pages only have the default title and description and key words so all my catagories have the same meta feilds on them i have replaced my catagories.php file with the one in the contrib and i get the exact same results i have played with the include boxes on both the default box and on the product info page and none seem to have an effect of changing the title or description for the catagories if i go to the page control section and clear all for the catagories i will get a warning that these are empty but if i go to those pages and do a veiw source there is title and description there and it is the default one any suggestions on what i need to be checking ?

I'm trying to edit the subcategory description there's a column called " Header Tags Categories Description " but I am unable to write in the box, for some unknown reason:

Here is a screenshot:

problem.jpg

Any suggestions how I can correct this error?

Thanks in advance!

please I am at my wits end here, i cant seem to get any information on the catagories pages of my site, the product pages fill just fine but no matter what i do the catagorie pages only have the default title and description and key words so all my catagories have the same meta feilds on them i have replaced my catagories.php file with the one in the contrib and i get the exact same results i have played with the include boxes on both the default box and on the product info page and none seem to have an effect of changing the title or description for the catagories if i go to the page control section and clear all for the catagories i will get a warning that these are empty but if i go to those pages and do a veiw source there is title and description there and it is the default one any suggestions on what i need to be checking ?

I'm assuming you mean the categories on the shop side though you mention the admin so I'm not sure. If you mean the shop side, what your settings for index.php in page control?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm trying to edit the subcategory description there's a column called " Header Tags Categories Description " but I am unable to write in the box, for some unknown reason:

Any suggestions how I can correct this error?

Try running it without the editor to see if that is causing the problem. Also try replacing the categories file with the included one.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try running it without the editor to see if that is causing the problem. Also try replacing the categories file with the included one.

Thanks for the reply.

I have replaced the catagories file which came with the contribution, but still no joy.

I don't suppose anyone know's how I can remove the editor from just this page?

I don't suppose anyone know's how I can remove the editor from just this page?

See the admin->configuration->Header Tags SEO setttings.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

See the admin->configuration->Header Tags SEO setttings.

I've had a look under the Header Tag Settings, but there's no option to remove the page.

Automatically Add New Pages true

Check for Missing Tags true

Display Column Box false

Disable Permission Warning false

Display Help Popups true Info

Display Social Bookmark false

Keyword Density Range 0.02,0.06

Separator - Description -

Separator - Keywords ,

I'm assuming you mean the categories on the shop side though you mention the admin so I'm not sure. If you mean the shop side, what your settings for index.php in page control?

yes it is the catalog side that they are not showing up, no head way yet but i did take a look at the index.php settings and i found that it as well is only displaying the default text too no matter what i change in the settings in page control under index.php ( admin side ) so i started doing some troubleshooting on that page and re looking at the install for index.php ( cataloge side ) I have found some problems that i didnt remember. on the cataloge install instructions step 3 were it says to make the changes on lines 78,247,298 were not made my store is not the standard it was a template i purchased and these area's mentioned did not match anything close to what i was supposed to change obviosly tho these or some of these are critical for it to work can you please help me with these changes I do not have the know how to figure out how they apply ( are they cosmetic or critical ) and what is critical how do i apply them in case ?

one thing i think i should mention the page titles that i assign in the admin side for the appropriate catagoris do show up in the page headings just not in the meta feilds when i do a page view source also i re-examined the index page provided with the contrib and visually compared it too my index page and i think i was able to add the code for the install on step 3 for page number 247 but that has not fixed the problem the other two 78 298 appeared to be cosmetic and i have not worried about thos let me know if that is wrong.

considering the right information appears on the page heading but not in the title tags does that mean i am putting the information in the database but not retrieving it properly from the database for the index page ?

I've had a look under the Header Tag Settings, but there's no option to remove the page.

Automatically Add New Pages true

Check for Missing Tags true

Display Column Box false

Disable Permission Warning false

Display Help Popups true Info

Display Social Bookmark false

Keyword Density Range 0.02,0.06

Separator - Description -

Separator - Keywords ,

You need to upgrade to the latest version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

...my store is not the standard it was a template i purchased and these area's mentioned did not match anything close to what i was supposed to change obviosly tho these or some of these are critical for it to work can you please help me with these changes I do not have the know how to figure out how they apply ( are they cosmetic or critical ) and what is critical how do i apply them in case ?

You have to do the complete installation for all of the options to work. I don't supply install assistance here for templates since there are too many and it would be a never-ending task.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to do the complete installation for all of the options to work. I don't supply install assistance here for templates since there are too many and it would be a never-ending task.

i completly understand this particular thread is very long i have bee digging thru it trying to find the answers i need and i dont mind doing the leg work but being so new to php its just a struggle just please help by keeping me pointed in the right direction,

I am feeling hope here i do think its putting the information to the database i am just not pulling it from there on the index page is there a way i can troubleshoot that aspect of it ?

help jack i just did something really bad and dont know what, i copied my catalog/includes/header_tags.php for a back up then moved the header_tags.php from the contrib to my store then my site went down immeditly so i deleted it and re-copied my original back to my site and now i am getting this error and I dont know why and my site is now down can you please help

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/rvrwind/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 329

i didnt do anything to this file at all but i have since tried to use files from a prevouse back up index.php and includes/header_tags.php and includes/application_top.php and i still keep getting the same error

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/rvrwind/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 329

See the instructions for adding this code to your shop. That will fix the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

See the instructions for adding this code to your shop. That will fix the problem.

thanks Jack i got my site back up and running and went completly thru my install again trying to figure out what and why things are happening the way they are and now i am back at another brick wall alltho i do beleive the problem is somewere in the catalog/includes/header_tags.php i do know that when i add stuff in the admin side of the site it is with out a dought adding it to the database but the only page that it will not pull from the database is the index.php page which is carring all the catagorie pages too when i try to follow the header_tags.php page code i cant see why it is not finding that one page so when its running the code it will allways put in the data that is listed as default as if when i open it it is a page that is not in the list

can you please tell me how to test this to see if it is recognizing that page as the index page ?

The easiest way is to use the supplied files. If they don't fail, then the problem is in your files and you have to compare them. You can upload the index.php file as some other name so it doesn't disrupt your site.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons