• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Having installed Header Tags SEO I now find myself trying to figure out how to manipulate the various tags. they all have been populated with generic tags and now I am wanting to start customizing the tags. Starting with the keywords.

I want to change all the Keyword tags for a single category, but no other category. I can't seem to do that.

I want the keywords to be ITEMNAME, CATEGORY, MANUFACTURER

Is that possible? If not, what table are the tags in and I can do sql statements to alter them in that manner? Any problem doing it that way? /what is the best way to go about this?

And a PS: I took the easy route and had this installed for a minimal charge and am very happy with the results and overall ease (not having to worry about it myself.) Thanks Jack.

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

I want to change all the Keyword tags for a single category, but no other category. I can't seem to do that.

I want the keywords to be ITEMNAME, CATEGORY, MANUFACTURER

Is that possible? If not, what table are the tags in and I can do sql statements to alter them in that manner? Any problem doing it that way? /what is the best way to go about this?

No, there's not an option to control a group of products. The title and tags for the products are stored in the products description table. You could do it with a mysql statement but it would not be a simple one since you have to load in the category and manugacturer tables. If you have Easy Populate installed, you can enter the title and tags there. You could download the file for only the one category and then use a search and replace to add the category and manufacturer names. It is not the best solution but is probably quicker, and definately safer, than manipulating the database.

And a PS: I took the easy route and had this installed for a minimal charge and am very happy with the results and overall ease (not having to worry about it myself.) Thanks Jack.

You're welcome. I'm pleased it worked out for you.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Is there any advantage in combining keywords?

Like "HP,Computer,HP Computer"

Or is "HP,Computer" sufficient?

The search engines return results based on relevance. So if someone searches for "HP Computer," all sites indexed for that phase will show before one that has "HP" and "Computer." So to get the highest index position, the keywords need to be as specific as possible. Entering all three is fnie but they need to be in order of importance. Going after a keyword like "computer" will be difficult since there are over a million searches done each month for it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

You may need to replace the includes/header_tags.php file after deleting the pseduo page from page control. If you do this, you have to delete all pseudo page entries.

Hi Jack,

Okay I am struggling.

changed the links thing, the database has upadted the file, but when I come to check the result in admin it shows the default information, its like its not calling the information from that page.

Is it possible that I have an old set of files and I need to update and or update anything else, like database?

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

changed the links thing, the database has upadted the file, but when I come to check the result in admin it shows the default information, its like its not calling the information from that page.

Is it possible that I have an old set of files and I need to update and or update anything else, like database?

I don't understand what you mean by "result in admin it shows the default information." There isn't any default information for a pseudo page.

The version is shown on Page Control. The latest one is 3.18. If you updated from a previous version, I suppose you may have missed some file change but there isn't any way to check that short of comparing every file. You can safely replace all of the files in admin though. If it is not up-to-date, then there may be a database change needed but those are in the update files so it wouldn't take long to fix.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Okay I now have the latest version.

I still have the same problem.

When i edite the pesudeo page and enter values and click update, it gets inserted into the database, but when i click view result the data is not there.

I get default links instead.

Also when i use the use page text to determine keywords I get

No keywords found for this page: links.php?lPath=0_35?language=en

Edited by johnnybebad

Okay I now have the latest version.

I still have the same problem.

When i edite the pesudeo page and enter values and click update, it gets inserted into the database, but when i click view result the data is not there.

I have the system updating now, but still cant use the use keywords page function but thats not so bad.

The view result option doesn't work on all servers. Use the browers view source option to be sure if the tags were changed or not. Also, when you add a pseudo page, the database gets changed but so does the includes/header_tags.php file. If the permissions on the file are not correct, it won't work. Try the test function to be sure about that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Thanks for ALL your contribs and admirable support.

Have installed xampp to set up local testing and now

invoking this (subtitled coming soon to an installation near you):

"Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in

C:\server\xampp\htdocs\public_html\includes\functions\header_tags.php

on line 46"

which refers to:

$pageName = ucwords(ereg_replace("[^A-Za-z0-9]", " ", $pageName));

- from what little I was able to extrapolate from google searches,

this php 5.3 deprecated ereg error message can be silenced by

using preg replacements, as recommended at this URL:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/341737-function-ereg-replace-is-deprecated/page__st__20,

there are 3 versions of the preg_replace "replacement":

// DEPRECATED $pageName = ucwords(ereg_replace("[^A-Za-z0-9]", " ", $pageName));

// solution 1 MrPhil $pageName = ucwords(preg_replace("/[^A-Za-z0-9]/", " ", $pageName));

// solution 2 steve_s $pageName = ucwords(preg_replace("|[^A-Za-z0-9]|", " ", $pageName));

// solution 3 case insensitive FWR $pageName = ucwords(preg_replace("/[^a-z0-9]/i", " ", $pageName));

Is there any advantage to using one specific solution or are they all equally effective (or ineffective)

Thanks for your insight,

jk

Due to jfkafka's post, I decided to go ahead and convert the ereg calls for the next version and in doing so, found a problem with the code that is probably causing the problem some people are having with the view results option. To fix the code, in admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php, find this block of code

function GetMetaInfo($pageName)
{
 $metaInfo = array();
 $path = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . $pageName;
 $path = str_replace("https:", "http:", $path);
 $lines = array();
 $lines = GetFileArray($path);

foreach((array)$lines as $line_num => $line)
 {
   eregi("<title>(.*)</title>", $line, $metaInfo['title']);
   eregi("<meta name=\"Description\" content=\"(.*)\" \/\>", $line, $metaInfo['description']);
   eregi("<meta name=\"Keywords\" content=\"(.*)\" />", $line, $metaInfo['keywords']);
   if (tep_not_null($metaInfo['keywords']))
     break;
 }

return $metaInfo;
}

and replace it with

function GetMetaInfo($pageName)
{
 $metaInfo = array();
 $path = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . $pageName;
 $path = str_replace("https:", "http:", $path);
 $lines = array();
 $lines = GetFileArray($path);

$matches = array();
 foreach((array)$lines as $line_num => $line)
 {
    if (preg_match('/<title>(.*)<\/title>/i', $line, $matches))
       $metaInfo['title'] = $matches;
    if (preg_match('/<meta name=\"Description\" content=\"(.*)\"/i', $line, $matches))
       $metaInfo['description'] = $matches;
    if (preg_match('/<meta name=\"Keywords\" content=\"(.*)\"/i', $line, $matches))
       $metaInfo['keywords'] = $matches;

if (tep_not_null($metaInfo['keywords']))
       break;
 }

return $metaInfo;
}

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Due to jfkafka's post, I decided to go ahead and convert the ereg calls for the next version and in doing so, found a problem with the code that is probably causing the problem some people are having with the view results option. To fix the code, in admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php, find this block of code...

<snip>

Fixed mine right up...thanks

I am having some problems with this contribution adding it to my site ( www.pcncautomation.net ) the biggest problem i seem to be having is with the product pages in the title and description tags it allways has the following in both of them "Product informaiton for PCnC Automation" no matter what i put in the title and description feilds on admin side. I think the problem is with the product_info.php file my site is not the standard oscommerce but i am not very familar with php and i do not understand the changes they are wanting me to do on this page so i am not sure how to make these following changes to my product_info.php file

i have added the following for examination

the changes requested by the contrib

the original product_info.php

the current product_info.php

thanks for all your support

( below are the changes requested in the contrib )

======================================================================================================

4) In product_info.php

FIND (around line 33)

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

ADD UNDER IT:

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

<a name="<?php echo $header_tags_array['title']; ?>"></a>

<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

=============================================

FIND (around line 102)

<td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?php echo $products_name; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>

REPLACE with

<td valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_name; ?></h1></td>

<td align="right" valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_price; ?></h1></td>

NOTE: In any page in which you make the change to the title for Header Tags,

you should also locate the line containing HEADING_TITLE, remove the

pageHeading class and add the h1 tags as above.

FIND (around line 222)

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

ADD BELOW it:

<!--- BEGIN Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

<?php if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_SOCIAL_BOOKMARKS == 'true')

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'header_tags_social_bookmarks.php');

?>

<!--- END Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

FIND (around line 240)

</table></form></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

ADD ABOVE it:

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_VIEWING; ?> 

<?php echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . $header_tags_array['title']; ?></a></td>

</tr>

NOTE: The placement of this is not critical. Anywhere neat the bottom of the

page is fine. You can also change or remove the TEXT_VIEWING text to

fit your site.

======================================================================================================

this is my product_info.php before i added the contrib

<?php

/*

$Id: product_info.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO);

$product_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_check = tep_db_fetch_array($product_check_query);

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

<script type="text/javascript" src="iepngfix_tilebg.js"></script>

<style type="text/css">

.ie6_png {behavior: url("iepngfix.htc") }

.ie6_png img {behavior: url("iepngfix.htc") }

.ie6_png input {behavior: url("iepngfix.htc") }

</style>

<!--[if IE]>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ie_png.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

ie_png.fix('.png');

</script>

<![endif]-->

<script language="javascript"><!--

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,left=150')

}

//--></script>

</head>

<body>

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" class="<?php echo MAIN_TABLE; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_TD_LEFT; ?>"><table border="0" class="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_LEFT; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td class="<?php echo CONTENT_WIDTH_TD; ?>"><?php echo panel_top(); ?><?php echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product')); ?>

<?php

if ($product_check['total'] < 1) {

?>

<?php echo tep_draw_top();?>

<?php echo tep_draw_title_top();?>

<?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND; ?>

<?php echo tep_draw_title_bottom();?>

<?php echo tep_draw1_top();?>

<?php echo tep_draw_infoBox2_top();?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr><td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td></tr>

</table>

<?php echo tep_draw_infoBox2_bottom();?>

<?php echo tep_draw1_bottom();?>

<?php

} else {

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " set products_viewed = products_viewed+1 where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {

$products_price2 = '<span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span><br><s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s>';

} else {

$products_price2 = '<span class="productSpecialPrice">'.$currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])).'</span>';

}

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {

$products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s>   <b class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</b>';

} else {

$products_price = '<b class="productSpecialPrice">'.$currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])).'</b>';

}

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_model'])) {

$products_name = $product_info['products_name'] . '<br> <span class="smallText">[' . $product_info['products_model'] . ']</span>';

} else {

$products_name = $product_info['products_name'];

}

?>

<div class="left_part"><?php echo $breadcrumb->trail(' » ')?> » <?php echo $products_name; ?></div><div class="right_part"><?php echo $products_price2; ?></div>

<?php /* echo tep_draw2_top(); */?>

<?php /* echo tep_pixel_trans(); */?>

<?php

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_image'])) {

?>

<div class="main prod_info" style="width:<?php echo (SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH +23);?>px;">

<?php echo tep_draw_prod_pic_top();?><script language="javascript"><!--

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, '') . '</a>'; ?>');

//--></script><noscript>

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, '') . '</a>'; ?></noscript><?php echo tep_draw_prod_pic_bottom();?>

document.write('<?php echo '<a class="enlarge" href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');

//--></script>

<noscript><?php echo '<a class="enlarge" href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?></noscript></div>

<div class="main"><div class="desc2"><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?></div><br>

<br><div><?php echo $products_price?></div></div><br>

<div style="clear:both;"></div>

<?php

}

?>

<?php /* echo tep_draw2_bottom(); */?>

<div class="prod_line_x padd2_gg"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '1'); ?></div>

<?php echo tep_draw2_top(); ?>

<?php

$products_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$products_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attributes_query);

if ($products_attributes['total'] > 0) {

?>

<table border="0" cellspacing="4" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main" colspan="2"><strong class="strong"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_OPTIONS; ?></strong></td>

</tr>

<?php

$products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by popt.products_options_name");

while ($products_options_name = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_name_query)) {

$products_options_array = array();

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

while ($products_options = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_query)) {

$products_options_array[] = array('id' => $products_options['products_options_values_id'], 'text' => $products_options['products_options_values_name']);

if ($products_options['options_values_price'] != '0') {

$products_options_array[sizeof($products_options_array)-1]['text'] .= ' (' . $products_options['price_prefix'] . $currencies->display_price($products_options['options_values_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';

}

}

if (isset($cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']])) {

$selected_attribute = $cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']];

} else {

$selected_attribute = false;

}

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ':'; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

<?php

$reviews_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");

$reviews = tep_db_fetch_array($reviews_query);

if ($reviews['count'] > 0) {

?>

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="4" border="0">

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_CURRENT_REVIEWS . ' ' . $reviews['count']; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_url'])) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, tep_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=url&goto=' . urlencode($product_info['products_url']), 'NONSSL', true, false)); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php echo tep_pixel_trans();?>

<?php

}

if ($product_info['products_date_available'] > date('Y-m-d H:i:s')) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_AVAILABLE, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_available'])); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

} else {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

<?php echo tep_draw2_bottom(); ?>

<div class="prod_line_x padd2_gg"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '1'); ?></div>

<?php /* echo tep_draw2_top(); */ ?>

<?php /* echo tep_draw_infoBox2_top(); */ ?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr>

<td class="main button_marg"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td class="main button_marg" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_add_to_cart1.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php /* echo tep_draw_infoBox2_bottom(); */ ?>

<?php /* echo tep_draw2_bottom(); */ ?>

<?php

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);

} else {

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);

}

}

?>

<?php echo tep_draw_bottom();?>

</form></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td class="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_TD_RIGHT; ?>"><table border="0" class="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_RIGHT; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

this is my current product_info.php file

<?php

/*

$Id: product_info.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO);

$product_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_check = tep_db_fetch_array($product_check_query);

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<?php

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<?php

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

?><base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

<script type="text/javascript" src="iepngfix_tilebg.js"></script>

<style type="text/css">

.ie6_png {behavior: url("iepngfix.htc") }

.ie6_png img {behavior: url("iepngfix.htc") }

.ie6_png input {behavior: url("iepngfix.htc") }

</style>

<!--[if IE]>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ie_png.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

ie_png.fix('.png');

</script>

<![endif]-->

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,left=150')

}

//--></script>

</head>

<body>

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" class="<?php echo MAIN_TABLE; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_TD_LEFT; ?>"><table border="0" class="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_LEFT; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td class="<?php echo CONTENT_WIDTH_TD; ?>"><?php echo panel_top(); ?><?php echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product')); ?>

<?php

if ($product_check['total'] < 1) {

?>

<?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND; ?>

<?php echo tep_draw_infoBox2_top();?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr><td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td></tr>

</table>

<?php echo tep_draw_infoBox2_bottom();?>

<?php

} else {

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " set products_viewed = products_viewed+1 where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$products_price2 = '<span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span><br><s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s>';

} else {

$products_price2 = '<span class="productSpecialPrice">'.$currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])).'</span>';

}

$products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s>   <b class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</b>';

} else {

$products_price = '<b class="productSpecialPrice">'.$currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])).'</b>';

}

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_model'])) {

$products_name = $product_info['products_name'] . '<br> <span class="smallText">[' . $product_info['products_model'] . ']</span>';

} else {

$products_name = $product_info['products_name'];

}

?>

<div class="left_part"><?php echo $breadcrumb->trail(' » ')?> » <?php echo $products_name; ?></div><div class="right_part"><?php echo $products_price2; ?></div>

<?php /* echo tep_draw2_top(); */?>

<?php /* echo tep_pixel_trans(); */?>

<?php

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_image'])) {

?>

<div class="main prod_info" style="width:<?php echo (SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH +23);?>px;">

<?php echo tep_draw_prod_pic_top();?><script language="javascript"><!--

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, '') . '</a>'; ?>');

//--></script><noscript>

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, '') . '</a>'; ?></noscript><?php echo tep_draw_prod_pic_bottom();?>

document.write('<?php echo '<a class="enlarge" href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');

//--></script>

<noscript><?php echo '<a class="enlarge" href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?></noscript></div>

<div class="main"><div class="desc2"><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?></div><br>

<br><div><?php echo $products_price?></div></div><br>

<div style="clear:both;"></div>

<?php

}

?>

<?php /* echo tep_draw2_bottom(); */?>

<?php echo tep_draw2_top(); ?>

<?php

$products_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$products_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attributes_query);

if ($products_attributes['total'] > 0) {

?>

<table border="0" cellspacing="4" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main" colspan="2"><strong class="strong"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_OPTIONS; ?></strong></td>

</tr>

<?php

$products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by popt.products_options_name");

while ($products_options_name = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_name_query)) {

$products_options_array = array();

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

while ($products_options = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_query)) {

$products_options_array[] = array('id' => $products_options['products_options_values_id'], 'text' => $products_options['products_options_values_name']);

if ($products_options['options_values_price'] != '0') {

$products_options_array[sizeof($products_options_array)-1]['text'] .= ' (' . $products_options['price_prefix'] . $currencies->display_price($products_options['options_values_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';

}

}

if (isset($cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']])) {

$selected_attribute = $cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']];

} else {

$selected_attribute = false;

}

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ':'; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

<?php

$reviews_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");

$reviews = tep_db_fetch_array($reviews_query);

if ($reviews['count'] > 0) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_CURRENT_REVIEWS . ' ' . $reviews['count']; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_url'])) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, tep_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=url&goto=' . urlencode($product_info['products_url']), 'NONSSL', true, false)); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

if ($product_info['products_date_available'] > date('Y-m-d H:i:s')) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_AVAILABLE, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_available'])); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

} else {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

<?php echo tep_draw2_bottom(); ?>

<?php /* echo tep_draw2_top(); */ ?>

<?php /* echo tep_draw_infoBox2_top(); */ ?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr>

<td class="main button_marg"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td class="main button_marg" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_add_to_cart1.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php /* echo tep_draw_infoBox2_bottom(); */ ?>

<?php /* echo tep_draw2_bottom(); */ ?>

<?php

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);

} else {

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);

}

}

?>

<?php echo tep_draw_bottom();?>

</form></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td class="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_TD_RIGHT; ?>"><table border="0" class="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_RIGHT; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

i have added the following for examination

the changes requested by the contrib

the original product_info.php

the current product_info.php

Posting such long, un-asked for code should not be done. It disrupts the thread and serves no purpose. Please don't do that. As for the problem, troubleshooting steps have been mentioned in this thread many times and is also in the docs.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, there's not an option to control a group of products. The title and tags for the products are stored in the products description table. You could do it with a mysql statement but it would not be a simple one since you have to load in the category and manugacturer tables. If you have Easy Populate installed, you can enter the title and tags there. You could download the file for only the one category and then use a search and replace to add the category and manufacturer names. It is not the best solution but is probably quicker, and definately safer, than manipulating the database. You're welcome. I'm pleased it worked out for you.

You were right, of course, but being the db person that I am I had to do it... here is the sql statement if it helps anyone.

update products,products_description,products_to_categories,categories_description,manufacturers set products_description.products_head_keywords_tag = concat(manufacturers.manufacturers_name, ',', manufacturers.manufacturers_name, ',',categories_description.categories_name, ',', products_description.products_name)

where products.products_id = products_description.products_id

and products.products_id = products_to_categories.products_id

and products_to_categories.categories_id = categories_description.categories_id

and products.manufacturers_id = manufacturers.manufacturers_id

[and categories_description.categories_name = "use_this_to_limit_to_single_category"];

I make no guarantees on this, of course..

Hi.

I have been a great supporter of the header tags seo addon.

However, I was wondering is that possible to set meta keywords to display in such a way.

The current meta keywords:

<meta name="Keywords" content="HP Color LaserJet Printer 2550 - Hewlett Packard (HP) , Hewlett Packard, Hewlett Packard Ink, Hewlett Packard Toner, Hewlett Packard Cartridges, Ink Cartridges, Ink Toner, Printer Ink , InkQuick, Ink Quick, Ink Toner, Ink Cartridges, Inkjet Cartridge, Printer Ink, Print Cartridge, HP, Canon, Brother, Epson, Copier Toner, Fax Toner, Inkjet Toner, Laser Toner , HP Q3960A Black Laser Toner, Q3960A" >

The red text is generated by product page header tags keywords.

Is the possible to move the red text to the front like this:

<meta name="Keywords" content= "HP Q3960A Black Laser Toner, Q3960A, HP Color LaserJet Printer 2550 - Hewlett Packard (HP) , Hewlett Packard, Hewlett Packard Ink, Hewlett Packard Toner, Hewlett Packard Cartridges, Ink Cartridges, Ink Toner, Printer Ink , InkQuick, Ink Quick, Ink Toner, Ink Cartridges, Inkjet Cartridge, Printer Ink, Print Cartridge, HP, Canon, Brother, Epson, Copier Toner, Fax Toner, Inkjet Toner, Laser Toner">

Please advice me on this.

Thank you so much!

Edited by henrywong10

I would need to know where the keywords are coming from in order to answer that.

Hi. Thank you so much for your immediate response.

<meta name="Keywords" content="HP Color LaserJet Printer 2550 - Hewlett Packard (HP) , Hewlett Packard, Hewlett Packard Ink, Hewlett Packard Toner, Hewlett Packard Cartridges, Ink Cartridges, Ink Toner, Printer Ink , InkQuick, Ink Quick, Ink Toner, Ink Cartridges, Inkjet Cartridge, Printer Ink, Print Cartridge, HP, Canon, Brother, Epson, Copier Toner, Fax Toner, Inkjet Toner, Laser Toner , HP Q3960A Black Laser Toner, Q3960A" >

Red: from the product page header tag keywords

Purple: from the category header tag title

Green: from the manufacturer header tag title and keywords

Blue:from the product_info.php header tag keywords (from header tag setting page)

and I would like to move the red text to the front. Is that possible to do so?

Thanks a lot!

Hi. Thank you so much for your immediate response.

Red: from the product page header tag keywords

Purple: from the category header tag title

Green: from the manufacturer header tag title and keywords

Blue:from the product_info.php header tag keywords (from header tag setting page)

and I would like to move the red text to the front. Is that possible to do so?

Thanks a lot!

Go into page control, check the category (not default category), manufacturer, product and root checkboxes. Enter the sort orders for each of those in the order you want them to display.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If anybody could help....

Hello:

I installed the Header Tags SEO contrib successfully, but am not

able to get the title tag, keywords and the description for each

product to show up in the catalog front end.

What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something?

Thanks for the input,

Brian Burke

http://www.jonasclark.com/catalog

954-456-4420