• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

...i get a message that i don't

have permissions to access admin/header_ tags_seo.php...

Please read the instructions, the help on the test function or the many posts on this subject in this thread to fix this.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Please read the instructions, the help on the test function or the many posts on this subject in this thread to fix this.

i did so, now i renamed my catalog/includes/languages/dutch directory; catalog/includes/languages/dutch.php directory to espanol and now it works,

can you just tell me which file i need to change to get the langauge working with name "dutch"

thanx in advance

i did so, now i renamed my catalog/includes/languages/dutch directory; catalog/includes/languages/dutch.php directory to espanol and now it works,

can you just tell me which file i need to change to get the langauge working with name "dutch"

If it is working in one language and not in another, you've either missed a file upload or change somewhere or there is something wrong with your shop with regards to that language. You'll have to figure that one out.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

My shop - oscommerce v2.2 rca2 - is hosted on a shared server. Everything was working fine, however recently I noticed a problem with three add-ons. Since I wasn't modifying anything (either files, or database) I am guessing something changed on the shared server.

- Header Tags SEO v3.1.5 - doesn't work on product_info.php and on index.php. When I view page source the tags that are there are global tags, not page specific tags.

The other two add-ons that don't work (For reference, in case they have some hosting requirement in common with Header Tags SEO):

- Ultimate SEO URLS v 5 - example product page url looks like this: www.website.com/product_info.php/product-name-product-model-p-XX

Plus for some odd reason when I go to Configuration -> SEO URLS 5, there is just an empty table (no errors). Tried reinstalling database entries from the provided php script, but the script says the entries already exist. I have no idea what/how to remove manually.

- Who's online enhancement v3.6.5 - doesn't show the cart anymore

Any idea how to fix/address this issue?

-- thanks, ania

Header Tags comes with files that have already been altered. Replace yours with those for a quick test. If it works, your files have a mistake. If it fails, the problem is elsewhere or you don't have the tags setup properly in admin.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

jack,

sorry to bother again but header tags seo works in every language, the problem is that as soon as i have more than 3 languages installed i get following problem:Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/header_tags_seo.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

this is only after that i did the update in left column at page control->show all files

it works fine with english/espanol/dutch or english/dutch/german or dutch/german/espanol; etc... but whenever i have more than 3 the problem occurs

??

I've been troubleshooting an issue for several hours where the column_right boxes (Shopping Cart, Manufacturer Info, etc.) are all appearing at the bottom of the page directly underneath the left column items. This is somehow related to adding Header Tags SEO, but I know it's something I've done wrong... not the actual code.

Here's the page: http://www.wolfftanning.com/product_info.php?products_id=270. Any ideas?

I've been troubleshooting an issue for several hours where the column_right boxes (Shopping Cart, Manufacturer Info, etc.) are all appearing at the bottom of the page directly underneath the left column items. This is somehow related to adding Header Tags SEO, but I know it's something I've done wrong... not the actual code.

Here's the page: http://www.wolfftanning.com/product_info.php?products_id=270. Any ideas?

Please read the comments in the test section before posting.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello all, i have just installed HT SEO new version, i have an error in categories.php

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/USERNAME/public_html/SHOP/admin/categories.php on line 1475

not sure how to correct the error?

hope you guys can help. the rest of the install is perfect. just this page.

Thanks in advance all.

Edited by Platinum Games

Thanks in advance!

Ben

hello all, i have just installed HT SEO new version, i have an error in categories.php

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/USERNAME/public_html/SHOP/admin/categories.php on line 1475

not sure how to correct the error?

hope you guys can help. the rest of the install is perfect. just this page.

Thanks in advance all.

fixed with closing ' } '

but now i have an issue with the page being blank?

header, footer & left col load but no page on Categories/Products

does anyone know what would cause this?

Thanks in advance!

Ben

fixed with closing ' } '

but now i have an issue with the page being blank?

header, footer & left col load but no page on Categories/Products

does anyone know what would cause this?

Please read the troubleshooting section in the install file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I get this error on my profuct_info page after installing through the install file:

1146 - Table 'U9027791.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas?

Also, the instructions say:

1B) ********* FOR BTS USERS ONLY *********

Add the code in step 1 to the main_page.tpl.php file then proceed to step 2.

======================================================================================================

2) In stylesheet.css, add the following to the end of the file. Set it to the

desired size and color for your shop.

Does this mean Step 2 is for everyone or only for BTS users?

Edited by qwertyjjj

The original file in the Header Tags Contrib (2.6.3) in the folder \catalog\includes\languages\german is called "header_tags.php" and not "header_tags_seo.php" which is what the error message asks for...

I found no mentioning of that file anywhere in the Update from 2.6.3 to 3.0.0 Textfile.

I triple checked the original Header Tags Contribution and the update instructions but can't find my error. Can't you just pm me the \catalog\includes\languages\german\header_tags_seo.php file? Even it is in english, I don't care by now...

Thank you!

Open Source Newsletter: PhPList

Open Source Questionnaire: Lime Survey

Hi

I get this error on my profuct_info page after installing through the install file:

1146 - Table 'U9027791.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT' doesn't exist

Also, the instructions say:

Add the code in step 1 to the main_page.tpl.php file then proceed to step 2.

======================================================================================================

2) In stylesheet.css, add the following to the end of the file. Set it to the

desired size and color for your shop.

Does this mean Step 2 is for everyone or only for BTS users?

The capital letters mean you missed a step in the installation procedure. Search the install files for TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT and perform the necessary steps.

Yes, step 2 is for everyone.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I triple checked the original Header Tags Contribution and the update instructions but can't find my error. Can't you just pm me the \catalog\includes\languages\german\header_tags_seo.php file? Even it is in english, I don't care by now...

Thank you!

There isn't such a file so there isn't anything to send you. As mentioned, I think you've gotten the contributions confused. I can't help with that though since I would just be repeating myself at this point.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

My shop is not STS or BTS as I have no templated directories at all so not sure what to follow.

Hmm, well let's try this. We will start at step 1 since there aren't any before that.

1) ******** NOTE: STS USERS ONLY - Skip to step 1A. *********

You said you don't have STS, so you should not skip to step 1A. You are still in step 1.

******** NOTE: BTS USERS ONLY - Skip to step 1B. *********

You said you don't have BTS, so you should not skip to step 1B. You are still in step 1.

So, still reading in step 1, it says:

For Header Tags to work on a page of your site, that page must have the code

change mentioned below installed. At a minimum, the following files should be

changed:

index.php

product_info.php

So for the above files, it says to:

FIND:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

And to replace it with

<?php

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<?php

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

?>

The next step is Step 1A,

1A) ********* FOR STS USERS ONLY *********
but you said you don't have STS so you would skip that. The next step is Step 1B
but you said you don't have BTS so you should skip that.

I can continue from there if you like but the steps are numbered in order so you just have to go to the next step and then the next until you are done.

I hope that cleared it up.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hmm, well let's try this. We will start at step 1 since there aren't any before that.

You said you don't have STS, so you should not skip to step 1A. You are still in step 1.

You said you don't have BTS, so you should not skip to step 1B. You are still in step 1.

So, still reading in step 1, it says:

So for the above files, it says to:

And to replace it with

The next step is Step 1A,but you said you don't have STS so you would skip that. The next step is Step 1Bbut you said you don't have BTS so you should skip that.

I can continue from there if you like but the steps are numbered in order so you just have to go to the next step and then the next until you are done.

I hope that cleared it up.

Ok thanks. Your instructions first made it sound like there are only 2 options STS or BTS.

I ran the test and received the following message:

Duplicate meta description found:

for English

exists more than once.

I checked the source code (view source) and didn't see a duplicate meta description.

It means for different products or categories. They will be listed. You need to check them to find the problem. It is usually caused by linked or duplicate products but could be other reasons.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I noticed the Title tags, generated from the product_info.php file, repeat the name of the category a second time and also contains two hyphens:

Category Name - Category Name - - Product Name

I checked the product_info.php file and didn't see where anything was duplicated.

<head>
<?php
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?>
<?php
}
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/
?>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
 window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,left=150')
}
//--></script>

<?php // MVS Shipping Estimator Start ?>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"><!--
function estimatorpopupWindow(URL) {
 window.open(URL,'productsshippingestimator','toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=1,width=800,height=600')
}
//--></script>
<?php // MVS Shipping Estimator End ?>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
<a name="<?php echo $header_tags_array['title']; ?>"></a>
<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->