• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I have got the Titles and Descriptions displaying in the sub cats however they will not display on the 1st cats

Use the included index file to see if the problem goes away and then to compare and find the problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello people

An other STS issue: I found a post today about duplicate line in the meta information when using header tags and sts. The post is --> here

I checked my self and found out that I have the same issue

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" >

<title>Replace me in Page Control under index.php</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Replace me in Page Control under index.php" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="Replace me in Page Control under index.php" >

<meta name="robots" content="noodp" >

<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" >

<link rel="canonical" href="http://localhost/multimixer/index.php?cPath=41&osCsid=b6168a06ab7219a067ce7e9e319dee57" >

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" >

<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

Wondering why? Searching around I found following:

1) According to the installation instructions STS users ave to skip point 1) (the if/else in the header) and leave this part of each file as it is

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

For all non STS users this part is getting used only if file includes/header_tags.php does not exist. STS users keep it always.

The changes that STS users have to do in point 1A) of the instructions refer only to the page title and not to this

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

In the next step the file includes/header_tags.php comes and at line 193 it adds one more time the same thing

echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET  . '" >'."\n";

So, I think STS users should comment this line (193) out in file includes/header_tags.php, easier to do than to change all other files

Well, I don't know how bad it is to have this line 2 times, and if it is important to do this or not

Hello again, I'm coming with an other issue now

As it has been reported in this forum (or the article manager forum, I don't remember) before, title, meta description and keywords of topics and articles are not getting displayed in the meaning that you can have the file name (article, article info) or whatever you type in in the page control section of header tags seo + default tags if you want this.

Now I have exactly this issue.

I wonder if I did somewhere a mistake (probably when installing the articles manager, because header tags seo works perfectly for categories or products) or if this comes because all the article manager files (articles.php and articles_info.php etc) are handled by the file includes/header_tags_seo.php in the section "all other pages not defined above"?

I have now the latest header tags SEO version (318) installed, so there should be no issues related to this.

What I tried, and succeed, is to get for the file articles_info.php the correct (article specific) title and abstract into the meta information This I did by redoing in file includes/header_tags_seo.php whatever is done for products.

Now My question is: Am I on the correct way with doing this or should I check again my installation?

What I tried, and succeed, is to get for the file articles_info.php the correct (article specific) title and abstract into the meta information This I did by redoing in file includes/header_tags_seo.php whatever is done for products.

Now My question is: Am I on the correct way with doing this or should I check again my installation?

You have to have the version of Articles Manager installed that uses this contribution. Once you do, make the <head> change to the articles and articles_info files as you would for any file, unless you are using STS or BTS. Then use the pseudo page option in Page Control to add article pages and topics.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, I have sts (458) and the latest versions of header tags and article manager.

Using a pseudo page, does that not mean that I need to define one page for each article and enter manually the information? Maybe I didn't got the concept...

Edited by multimixer

Yes, I have sts (458) and the latest versions of header tags and article manager.

Using a pseudo page, does that not mean that I need to define one page for each article and enter manually the information? Maybe I didn't got the concept...

You enter the page following the instructions in page control for that option and then treat it as a regualr page, as already mentioned.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed this contribution but it's not working :(

When I go to header tags SEO, I select a file (about.php) and write the title, description and keywords. I press update and the data is stored. If I press View Results I can see nothing. The title, description and keywords are shown on a red bakground and with no data in the field (see the attached picture)

red.jpg

When I go to the catalog section, nothing happens. I tryed the same thing with other files but nothing works.

In the database everything is ok. If I write the default tags, those are shown in the catalog.

The source code for about.php is:

<head>
<title></title>
<meta name="Description" content="" >
<meta name="Keywords" content="" >
<link rel="canonical" href="http://localhost/diploma/about.php" >
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" >

So, any help? Thanks!

Late edit: I just noticed that if I am writing the default tags and I press View Results on any page I can see only the title completed automaticly from the default tags (yellow background). The description and the keywords are not shown and the background is still red. In the catalog section I can see the title but not the description and the keywords.

Edited by nlaur86

I installed this contribution but it's not working :(

Do the title and meta tags show up when you use the view source of the browser on the actual page? What are the results of the test function?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello :)

All is working great exept one little thing: if i choose to have the Meta Tags Option "Language" enabled, it displays only the german (default) langue in the code. So the content is for english still defined as de-de (german). Any Help?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings

OOPs! got 500 internal server error and it posted several times :( sorry

Edited by girolimoni

All is working great exept one little thing: if i choose to have the Meta Tags Option "Language" enabled, it displays only the german (default) langue in the code. So the content is for english still defined as de-de (german). Any Help?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings

Thanks in advance.

Greetings

Thanks in advance.

Greetings

Thanks in advance.

Greetings

Do the title and meta tags show up when you use the view source of the browser on the actual page? What are the results of the test function?

If I try to view the source this is what I see:

<title></title>

So nothing is inserted.

In the test function I get 3 errors:

1. Permissions Error (but I am using Windows, and the permissions are ok)

2. Duplicate title found

3. Duplicate meta description found

thanks!

I don't understand what

Meta Tags Option "Language" enabled
means. Please explain.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If I try to view the source this is what I see:

<title></title>

If you go back into page control and select about.php, is the data there? If it is, then it is probably because the includes/header_tags.php file is read only. Even though the permissions don't apply, the file still has to be writeable.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't understand what means. Please explain.

Hello thanks for the answer and sorry for the undetailed description of my problem.

i was refering to the option in the box below the Default Tags - English with the title: Meta Tags. The box where you can enable/disable for example Google Language NOODP.

I read while doing some searches on google that google doesn't really check the language. apparantely the defintion of the language is often errorous and so google selfdetects the language. We are just having troubles that google is indexing our main language while skipping the other langauges.

Greetings

Hello thanks for the answer and sorry for the undetailed description of my problem.

i was refering to the option in the box below the Default Tags - English with the title: Meta Tags. The box where you can enable/disable for example Google Language NOODP.

If that option is enabled, the code switches the language in that meta tag to the default one. That tag isn't meant to be used for what you want. You should provide a link on the page to the other languages. The search engines will follow it and see the pages in that other language.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello people

My question is related to header tags for articles and topics. I already posted before, but I don't think that I succeed to solve the issue, so, I'm sorry, but I've to ask again.

I have the latest versions of header tags SEO (318) and articles manager (1573) installed and STS 458.

Since everything works perfect for products and categories (titles, descriptions etc) I wonder why it doesn't for topics and articles. For those I get only the "default" titles (aticles and articles info).

For products and categories header tags are getting generated from file includes/header_tags.php. There is a sql query taking the info from the database and then placing it into tags that are used for the metainformation.

This happens explicit for following files: index.php, product_info.php, product_reviews.php, product_reviews_info.php, product_reviews_write.php and specials.php. For all other files (pages) tags are filled with the "default" title, description and keywords.

Now my question is: Where exactly, or better to say how, is the header information for articles and topics handled? There is no query in the file taking the info from the database, so, how does the file includes/header_tags.php know what information to place into the header tags?

EDIT: An other issue is that I also don't get any breadcrumbs for my articles and topics. I didn't look into that yet, but I'm posting it because I think it is related and maybe I sign for whats going wrong

Edited by multimixer

Jack,

I am also getting this text message whenever I run the test from admin.

CRE or oscMax Error:

CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the index.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the product_info.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the product_reviews.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the product_reviews_info.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the product_reviews_write.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the specials.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

Now at post # 3362, you mention this has something to do with contributions adding a templates folder.

I did install newsletter products. So when test spots this error because of this, will this eventually cause some conflict with HT SEO? Or do I need to remove this one module and look for something different?

Thanks.

Edited by blr044

Now at post # 3362, you mention this has something to do with contributions adding a templates folder.

I did install newsletter products. So when test spots this error because of this, will this eventually cause some conflict with HT SEO? Or do I need to remove this one module and look for something different?

If the code is correct then it will work correctly and those errors in the test function can be ignored.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

In your latest ver 1.1.8, I am wondering if there is typo error. In the update_docs -> step #5.

5) In includes/languages/english.php (and whichever other language files you use)

FIND:

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_FILL_TAGS', 'Fill Tags');

ADD BENEATH:

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_SILO', 'Silo Control');

Should be as following?

5) In admin/includes/languages/english.php (and whichever other language files you use)

FIND:

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_FILL_TAGS', 'Fill Tags');

ADD BENEATH:

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_SILO', 'Silo Control');

Because my catalog ->lang -> english.ph does not contain that script.

Bennett

Been trying to figure out what happened. I have a clean install of OsCommerce, and installed the header tags seo v3 on there. And something happened to my store logo.

My logo is called "store_entrance.gif" located in the images directory.

I think the problem is within this code, located in the header.php file

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

<td valign="middle"><?php '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_entrance.gif', (tep_not_null($header_tags_array['logo_text']) ? $header_tags_array['logo_text'] : STORE_NAME)) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

Been trying to figure out what happened. I have a clean install of OsCommerce, and installed the header tags seo v3 on there. And something happened to my store logo.

My logo is called "store_entrance.gif" located in the images directory.

I think the problem is within this code, located in the header.php file

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

<td valign="middle"><?php '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_entrance.gif', (tep_not_null($header_tags_array['logo_text']) ? $header_tags_array['logo_text'] : STORE_NAME)) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

Right click on the logo, choose properties and verify the path/filename is correct.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons