• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I use header tags SEO, I have installed a version few month ago, and I don't remember witch version is.

I take last one, And i want to upgrade, but in upgrade doc, I only see version to verions +1 upgrade

like 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 etc...

My wish is upgrade directly 3.0.0 to 3.1.7 (or other version, but, how to find witch is my version of header tags... in files, versions number arent wired and not corresponding)

Can I found upgrade process more simple than do each increment of upgrade ?

If you don't mind losing any meta tags you already have setup, you can just to a clean install. Otherwise, you have to follow each upgrade file. This has been covered many times in the thread so if you want more detail, it is available there.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Ultimate SEO v 2.2.

Yes.

Jack

you mean Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-4 your contribution dated 7 Sep 2009?

is this suitable for an v2.2 RC2 Release?

because it says it's for osCommerce-MS2

Please inform.

Fanzy

Edited by fanzy

Hallo zusammen,

wie kann ich eine Pseudo Page wieder entfernen? Hab folgendes Problem: Der Articles Manager V 1.57_3 funktioniert noch nicht ganz.

Hab teilweise folgendes Problem wenn ich einen Artikel aufrufe und vorher einen Default wert gesetzt habe:

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /......./catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 64

Woran kann das noch liegen? Vielen Dank

Christian

Hallo zusammen,

wie kann ich eine Pseudo Page wieder entfernen? Hab folgendes Problem: Der Articles Manager V 1.57_3 funktioniert noch nicht ganz.

Hab teilweise folgendes Problem wenn ich einen Artikel aufrufe und vorher einen Default wert gesetzt habe:

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /......./catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 64

Woran kann das noch liegen? Vielen Dank

Christian

You'll need to run that through a translator before posting.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I am just in the process of setting up a new shop with MS2 after moving to the newer servers of my hosting company. I still have my old version running under catalog and have installed the new shop under a separate folder. My first shop just became so littered with junk that I think it is beyond repair so I am starting over. I have just installed STS 4.58 and also your Ultimate SEO latest version. Both seem to be running ok.

My question is, do you think I should also install your Header Tags SEO? I am not real clear on what benefits if any there are. I just had the old Header Tags Controller on my old shop. I guess what it comes down to is I am not clear on what the difference between the two contributions is. Ultimate and Header Tags SEO.

Ultimate SEO just rewrites the url so that words are used instead of numbers, like mysite.com/apple-computer-p-1.html instead of mysite.com/index.php?cPath=1. Having the text in the url has proven to help with that pages ranking. Header Tags adds the ability to control the title and meta tags of a site, as well other features. With a stock oscommerce shop, you can't control the title of each page and that is one of the most important parts of optimizing a page for the search engines. So you should have them both installed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Is there an interface to see how each one is listed for SEO, so you can make manual changes?

plus, the site is showing "Default title -" in front of the title. Do I have to make a lot of titles to get that out of there?

Edited by Mad Duck

Is there an interface to see how each one is listed for SEO, so you can make manual changes?

plus, the site is showing "Default title -" in front of the title. Do I have to make a lot of titles to get that out of there?

Each one of what?

In Page Control, select the page you want to change and uncheck the default boxes.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Default title was showing up as I did not blank out or change the "Default Tags - English" Now I did change it and I do not have anything checked under tags. I only have Google, NOYDIR, Robots, NOODP and Canonical checked under Meta Tags.

What I do not understand is I am not changing the title for any other Category and I can't see the tags for the other Categories also. The Default tag is staying on every Category. I removed the default tags and tried using the "fill Tags" section and click on "goose Decoys Category. The category only shows the HTTP address as the title and nothing looks like it changes. So, I am not understanding how to make the Categories have different titles and tags. Can I make them separate?

The products are filled fine, but I would like to read how it has filled the tags. Then I would alter the text so I got the tags I was looking for.

Like this page, for instance:

Dakota Goose Decoys

it shows:

Title:	 27	Dakota Decoy X-Treme 6-Pack
Description:	 27	Dakota Decoy X-Treme 6-Pack
Keywords:	 27	Dakota Decoy X-Treme 6-Pack
Robots:	 20	noodp, index, follow

Can I edit this and add more? The description should be longer, but I do not understand how to select just it or have it gather more information.

The title is filling in from my description title. But the tag is the title and the description also. I tried generic over ride, but I must be doing something wrong. I guess the Categories just fall under default, right?

The installation instructions you wrote are perfect. I just do not understand how to work the application now that it is running and tell what tags are being generated.

Edited by Mad Duck

Ultimate SEO just rewrites the url so that words are used instead of numbers, like mysite.com/apple-computer-p-1.html instead of mysite.com/index.php?cPath=1. Having the text in the url has proven to help with that pages ranking. Header Tags adds the ability to control the title and meta tags of a site, as well other features. With a stock oscommerce shop, you can't control the title of each page and that is one of the most important parts of optimizing a page for the search engines. So you should have them both installed.

Jack

Thanks Jack, that was a very good answer and straightened it all out for me. Now I have another question, I have been working most of the day trying to get the social bookmarking feature to work without much luck. I am wondering if it somehow related to my use of STS. It seems that anywhere I try to insert the code on the index page, footer page, header page etc just won't show anything. The only way I got it to show was to include it as part of my content on the main page in languages\english\index.php, but I would really rather have it at the top or bottom in or near foot area. Is STS blocking it because it is not part of the defined page content? I don't get any errors when I paste it other locations, just nothing shows from it.

Default title was showing up as I did not blank out or change the "Default Tags - English" Now I did change it and I do not have anything checked under tags. I only have Google, NOYDIR, Robots, NOODP and Canonical checked under Meta Tags.

What I do not understand is I am not changing the title for any other Category and I can't see the tags for the other Categories also.

The category information only shows for the category being displayed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack, that was a very good answer and straightened it all out for me. Now I have another question, I have been working most of the day trying to get the social bookmarking feature to work without much luck.

Be sure to enable that option in admin->Configuration->HeaderTags SEO.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Be sure to enable that option in admin->Configuration->HeaderTags SEO.

Jack

I got that working, now an even worse problem has arisen. I thought everything was going good until I tried to open the catalog from admin. I get the HTP 500 error from admin\categories.php:

The website cannot display the page

HTTP 500

Most likely causes:

•The website is under maintenance.

•The website has a programming error

If i go back to the categories.php from before HeaderTags install it works fine.. if I put back the HeaderTags version I get the error again. I have even gone back thru the entire Header Tags SEO install for categories.php from start again and still am getting the error. Any ideas what might be causing this? I can get into the manufacturers or product attributs ok and the manufactures page has all the header tags set in it correctly, it just seems to be when i call to catalog or categories/products choices in admin.

If i go back to the categories.php from before HeaderTags install it works fine.. if I put back the HeaderTags version I get the error again.

See the install instructions for troubleshooting.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

how this "Keyword Density Range" work on product_info.php , i cannot see he generate dinamicaly the meta keywords, where i can select to generate the keywords by density ?

There is an option in Fill Tags and in Page Control to create the keywords from the page. If you do that, the density range setting is used.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There is an option in Fill Tags and in Page Control to create the keywords from the page. If you do that, the density range setting is used.

Jack

what is best config to use on value Keyword Density Range ?

and i saw when he pull the meta description from product description he put with backspaces, how can remove backspaces <br> from product meta description ?

The default settings are what is accepted as normal. You can vary those as you wish. The meta tescription can be edited in the products edit page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I put a copy of my store in another dir for some testing purpose only. I followed Sams suggestion found here.

I am running ver v2.2 RC2a and have instaaled your Header Tags SEO V 3.0. So going to index, product_info and a few other files where a piece of code is installed, I receive this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function checkTarget() on a non-object in /xxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/sept/index.php on line 44

this is what line 44 contains.

$preventDuplicates->checkTarget(ob_get_clean());

so is there an work aorund for this?

Thanks.

Bennett

Edited by blr044