• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

how does to exclude the default title in index.php when I am in category page? So it'll be only category title when in some category page without the default title tag

thanks

Uncheck the Defaut Title checkbox for index.php in Page Control.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

-> Added a canonical meta tag option in Page Control to handle all pages not already handled

-> Added error display code to Fill Tags so missing database items are more easily found

-> Changed the default text that gets added at installation to try avoid all the confusion it creates

-> Fixed mistakes from previous release regarding the tep-hide_sessions function

-> Fixed mistake in the code for the <head> section changes

-> Moved language sensitive text from the Fill Tags file to the language file

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

-> Added a canonical meta tag option in Page Control to handle all pages not already handled

-> Added error display code to Fill Tags so missing database items are more easily found

-> Changed the default text that gets added at installation to try avoid all the confusion it creates

-> Fixed mistakes from previous release regarding the tep-hide_sessions function

-> Fixed mistake in the code for the <head> section changes

-> Moved language sensitive text from the Fill Tags file to the language file

Jack

Hi Jack and many thanks for this update.

It works perfect, but when i go to the test page and run "TEST" i get this error:

CRE or oscMax Error:  explain
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the index.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the product_info.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the product_reviews.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the product_reviews_info.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the product_reviews_write.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the specials.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

The code regarding to this error is as follows:

<?php
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?>
 <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/
?>

I think i get this error since vers. 3.16. What is meant by CRE or oscMAX

Thank you for your support.

Best regards Harry

Jack,

When I update to the new 3.17 version I get the following error in includes/header_tags.php:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getcanonicalurl()

Any ideas on what I may have missed?

Thanks.

It means you didn't upload the includes/functions/header_tags.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack and many thanks for this update.

It works perfect, but when i go to the test page and run "TEST" i get this error:

CRE or oscMax Error:  explain
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the index.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the product_info.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the product_reviews.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the product_reviews_info.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the product_reviews_write.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the specials.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

The code regarding to this error is as follows:

<?php
} else {
?>
 <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<?php
}
?>

I think i get this error since vers. 3.16. What is meant by CRE or oscMAX

Thank you for your support.

Best regards Harry

Those are types of oscommerce shops. They use a templates directory, located in the root directory, so if you have that, you almost certainly have one of those types of shops. And if you do, the installation is different than with a regular oscommerce shop, as covered in the installation instructions. The error is saying it thinks you have one of those installed and the code is not installed correctly.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Uncheck the Defaut Title checkbox for index.php in Page Control.

Jack

thanks Jack..

Also i'd like to know what is the used for "Header Tags Categories Description" in the category setting and how to activate this feature. What is the different with the "Header Tags Category Description" feature ?

regards

thanks Jack..

Also i'd like to know what is the used for "Header Tags Categories Description" in the category setting and how to activate this feature. What is the different with the "Header Tags Category Description" feature ?

regards

This is explained in the documentation and in this thread.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Those are types of oscommerce shops. They use a templates directory, located in the root directory, so if you have that, you almost certainly have one of those types of shops. And if you do, the installation is different than with a regular oscommerce shop, as covered in the installation instructions. The error is saying it thinks you have one of those installed and the code is not installed correctly.

Jack

Thanks for your reply.

My installation is not template based and i don't have a template directory in the root.

What else could it be?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

My installation is not template based and i don't have a template directory in the root.

What else could it be?

Thanks

The code looks for these definitions:

DIR_WS_TEMPLATES

DIR_WS_TEMPLATES_DEFAULT

If either is in your configure file or in your database, the code thinks it is a templated shop. Other than that, I don't know what it could be.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have installed HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.7 (thanks for the contribution) in a regural oscom site, not CRE or OsMax one.

When tested, I have

My code at index.php for example is

<head>

<?php

} else {

?>

<?php

}

?>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

I have also installed Extra pages-info box w-admin 4.6.1.

Is there a possible conflict.

Best regards

Fanzy

Hi Jack,

I have installed HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.7 (thanks for the contribution) in a regural oscom site, not CRE or OsMax one.

When tested, I have

This was just asked. Please read those posts. Nothing has changed since then.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

how can I displayed only the default logo text (ALT) without including the category title or manufacture, etc.

If I checked only the default logo text, my page will have the logo text but without page title of category, product name, etc.

I want display logo text only but the page will have also page title. How can i set this?

thanks

how can I displayed only the default logo text (ALT) without including the category title or manufacture, etc.

If I checked only the default logo text, my page will have the logo text but without page title of category, product name, etc.

I want display logo text only but the page will have also page title. How can i set this?

thanks

It might depend on which page you are referring to but the general answer is that you can't. One of the main purposes of this contribution is to set the title, which is the single most important part of a page. To remove that defeats its purpose. I suppose you could enter a space as the title though. I haven't tried it but it might work.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

Thank you for your work on this Header Tag SEO module. As well, thank you for your continued support on this forum. It has been helpful in many ways.

I just installed the updated v3.1.7 on my RC2 STS4 website. My sts_template.html file has the "<!--$headcontent-->" written in just after the <head> line. I am receiving no errors when i go through the website. When i go to the Header Tags SEO/Test i get no errors. I used the fill tags and updated all pages with missing information. Now i am working on updating the individual pages i want to have unique titles through "page control" but am running into difficulties.

I type in a new title, keywords, and description and click for a specific page. The only boxes i have checked below the fields is the product (10) and root (1). I click "update" and the actual page's title, keywords, and description all are on the default. When i click on the "view results" button i get a yellow bar through the title with the default title and the description & keywords fields are highlighted red and empty.

For example: http://www.runnerpax.com/about_us.php

I wrote in the title of "About RunnerPAX" but the title that actually comes up is the default title "Runner Supplement for Knee Pain with Glucosamine".

This is happening on all of my pages that i added using the instructions in the sts newpage contribution. For the pages that came with OSCommerce, like www.runnerpax.com/shopping_cart.php it appears that the default header tag is still being added but after the "Shopping Cart - ".

What did i do wrong on the installation to cause this? Should i have added some code to each sts page?

Thank you for your help.

-Taylor

Hi,

Could anyone help please?

I am in the process of building an oscommerce-2.2rc2a shop and testing it on a local server.

I have installed HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.7 and everything seems fine except when you go to a category on the site you get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method breadcrumb::last() in G:\webserver\xampp\htdocs\index.php on line 82

Line 82 is a line in the Header Tags install

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo $breadcrumb->last(); ?></td>

I am sure i am missing something simple here but i have spent most of the day reading on the forum and can’t find a solution.

Thanks

What did i do wrong on the installation to cause this? Should i have added some code to each sts page?

That will happen if the includes/header_tags.php file cannot be written to. Be sure you don't have the permissions warning setting turned off, otherwise youwon't know if that error exists. It could also be that the permissions are incorrect but still match your images directory so the error would not show. You need to be sure that file has full permissions for your server. If in doubt, you should ask your host.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

Could anyone help please?

I am in the process of building an oscommerce-2.2rc2a shop and testing it on a local server.

I have installed HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.7 and everything seems fine except when you go to a category on the site you get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method breadcrumb::last() in G:\webserver\xampp\htdocs\index.php on line 82

Line 82 is a line in the Header Tags install

I am sure i am missing something simple here but i have spent most of the day reading on the forum and can’t find a solution.

Thanks

That's a problem in your shop, not Header Tags. If you are using a template, the breadcrumb code may have been removed or changed so the code in Header Tags will fail. Removing the changes this contribution made to the includes/application_top.php file might prevent that, though you will lose that option. But to find the reason for the failure you will need to post a question in the general support forum.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That will happen if the includes/header_tags.php file cannot be written to. Be sure you don't have the permissions warning setting turned off... You need to be sure that file has full permissions for your server.

I have the permissions for that file set to 7 7 7. Read, Write, and execute are all checked off for all users, group, and world...

and the "disable permission warnings" is set to false within the oscommerce admin....

Is there something else i am missing?

I have the permissions for that file set to 7 7 7. Read, Write, and execute are all checked off for all users, group, and world...

and the "disable permission warnings" is set to false within the oscommerce admin....

Is there something else i am missing?

If you go back into Page Control and the titles you entered are still there, then the admin side is working. For the shop side, try replacing the includes/header_tags.php file and run the uninstall and install sql scripts. That should reset everything to the original settings. If you don't get a title on the home page saying to change it, then there has been a mistake made in the installation and you will need to try again. One though though, be sure you have STS enabled in admin.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It might depend on which page you are referring to but the general answer is that you can't. One of the main purposes of this contribution is to set the title, which is the single most important part of a page. To remove that defeats its purpose. I suppose you could enter a space as the title though. I haven't tried it but it might work.

Jack

Actually i have another idea, by editing the logo image (SRC) tag in the header.php by putting a static code/html and then enter the the ALT/Title tag as I desired. But this is nothing to do with the logo text setting in the Header tag SEO page control.

That's a problem in your shop, not Header Tags. If you are using a template, the breadcrumb code may have been removed or changed so the code in Header Tags will fail. Removing the changes this contribution made to the includes/application_top.php file might prevent that, though you will lose that option. But to find the reason for the failure you will need to post a question in the general support forum.

Jack

Many thanks for the reply.

I understand where you are coming from but this is a clean install and the only contribution installed is HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.7

Before this was installed the shop worked fine.

Your response prompted me to start again from scratch to see if I had made a mistake.

The results were the same.

So I decided to take a different approach. In the previous installs I had replaced the files from the catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2 folder of the download.

Now I decided to install from the Install_Catalog.TXT

I immediately found a discrepancy in the index.php

The code in the catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2 folder index.php is:

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
	   <td><h1><?php echo $category['categories_htc_title_tag']; ?></h1></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	   <?php if (tep_not_null($category['categories_htc_description'])) { ?>
	  <tr>
	   <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	   <td colspan="2"><h2><?php echo $category['categories_htc_description']; ?></h2></td>
	  </tr>
	  <?php } 
	  ?>

The code in the Install_Catalog.TXT is:

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
	   <td><h1><?php echo $category['categories_htc_title_tag']; ?></h1></td>
	   <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	   <?php if (tep_not_null($category['categories_htc_description'])) { ?>
	  <tr>
	   <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	   <td colspan="2"><h2><?php echo $category['categories_htc_description']; ?></h2></td>
	  </tr>
	  <?php } 
	  ?>

Note the addition of the line:

Is this a mistake?

The code in the Install_Catalog.TXT seems to work ok.

would anyone like to comment?

Thanks

If you go back into Page Control and the titles you entered are still there, then the admin side is working. For the shop side, try replacing the includes/header_tags.php file and run the uninstall and install sql scripts. That should reset everything to the original settings. If you don't get a title on the home page saying to change it, then there has been a mistake made in the installation and you will need to try again. One though though, be sure you have STS enabled in admin.

Jack

The titles i entered are still there. So my admin is working.

On the shop side, i replaced the includes/header_tags.php, ran the uninstall, and then the install sql scripts using the php file. Received a succesfful notice. I got the title on the home page saying to change it. I changed them all again and they all still show as the default...

STS is enabled in the admin under module/sts/default = true. Is there another place i should enable the sts? Perhaps a place specific to the Header Tag SEO module?

One other thing... i don't know how long this has been going on for or if it is connected but when i click on catalog/manufacturer in the administration i receive this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/runnerp1/public_html/admin/manufacturers.php on line 79

This is the code on line 79 of admin/manufacturers.php

case 'deleteconfirm':