• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi alexwebbing! (¿no serás español, no? jejee)

I updated from 3.1.0 to 3.1.3 (3.1.1 and 3.1.2) and set configuration in "full category path" but it seems to be same.

I installed all versions until 3.1.3 making all steps

Must to do other things to show full path?

Thanks!!!!

You have to enter text in the boxes for Page Control->index.php t have text show up on the home page. And beside each checkbox in page control, there is a box for the sort order. You have to enter a number in each one you have selected.

Jack

Got it to work! and I see the category name combined with the title.

I didn't realize that I need to select "Show all pages" to display the sort order boxes for index.php

Thank you again for your time and fine contributions.

Eyal

How About an Open Source Car?

I didn't realize that I need to select "Show all pages" to display the sort order boxes for index.php

You shouldn't have to.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi alexwebbing! (¿no serás español, no? jejee)

I updated from 3.1.0 to 3.1.3 (3.1.1 and 3.1.2) and set configuration in "full category path" but it seems to be same.

I installed all versions until 3.1.3 making all steps

Must to do other things to show full path?

Thanks!!!!

All done!!

After update 3.1.3 to 3.1.4, categorys in title display correct :) but en 3.1.4 show an error in catalog/includes/funtions/header_tags.php but it disappeared after upgrade to 3.1.5

Jack_mcs in Update_from_V_3.1.4_to_V_3.1.5.txt instructions is for STS only, you forget to write to upload catalog/includes/funtions/header_tags.php

Thanks for all!!! :)

Hello Jack,

I have installed your great contri and also installed Ultimade Seo urls 5.

and it works together, only if you set Ultimade seo urls 5 on url rewrite type.

Maybe you can say this to all users who install your great contri and have problems because of ultimade seo urls 5.

Thats why i let you know.

Thanks man for the great contri. this was the firs contri i installed from you. (will look at the others)

roy

That's not something that belongs in Header Tags. It works fine. Contributions that don't follow standard oscommerce coding guidelines need to make such a statement in their instructions.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, Fantastic job this week getting my Header Tags SEO back up and running. I highly recommend your services to anyone in the Forum that is having difficulty.

Before reinstalling HT, you had asked if I was running a standard shop or one with a modified template. I am wanting to upgrade my e-commerce site with a non-traditional OS Commerce look and feel. My question is whether Header Tags SEO and your other SEO contributions will integrate well with these templates.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Larry

www.doubledeedeals.com

Jack, Fantastic job this week getting my Header Tags SEO back up and running. I highly recommend your services to anyone in the Forum that is having difficulty.

Before reinstalling HT, you had asked if I was running a standard shop or one with a modified template. I am wanting to upgrade my e-commerce site with a non-traditional OS Commerce look and feel. My question is whether Header Tags SEO and your other SEO contributions will integrate well with these templates.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Larry

www.doubledeedeals.com

Thank you. This was addressed in a PM but I'll comment here for others that may have the same question. Those templates vary in how they are coded. If the template code is close to oscommerce code, most contributions will install as normal. If the template code varies a lot, which is more often the case, then it can be very difficult to integrate. You most likely won't find any support in these forums since each template is different so there's no way to easily answer such questions. The end result, in many cases, is that if you use such a template, the job of integrating a contribution into it is up to you or you will have to hire someone to do it for you.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Jack, how do I change the links to Digg, reddit etc, to others like Facebook etc? I have never even heard of the others!? :D

You would need to edit the code in includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, After your got me up and running with Header Tags SEO, I am now ready to upload my STS template. I have followed your instructions in V_3.1.5, but the tags are not populating. I removed the HT script from the Index.php and Product_Info.php pages and replace with the default script:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

I still have my other pages populated with the HT script for until completed testing.

In includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php, I replaced the script as directed in 1A.

In includes/header.php, I added the HT scdript under the STS 4.1 as instructed.

In my template, I inserted the alt="$headertags_logotext"></td> code following the store logo and inserted the <!--$headcontent--> in the <head> section.

Am I overlooking anything?

Header Tags is running perfectly with STS tured off thanks to your help.

Larry

When you enabled STS in admin does the default STS template (or whichever you are using) dissplay? If so, then there must be something wrong with the installation. If not, it is a problem with STS.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

When you enabled STS in admin does the default STS template (or whichever you are using) dissplay? If so, then there must be something wrong with the installation. If not, it is a problem with STS.

Jack

STS does display when activated. Where do you think I should I look at HT for for an installation problem? The following aremy settings for STS in Admin:

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Base folder

includes/sts_templates/

Template folder

test

Default template file

sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes

false

Edited by turquoi1

Hi

Greetings from Germany and Thanks for the Contribution.

This Contribution is working for me fine. I only need help on one thing:

I have duplicate titel and description Tags in the "categorie" View. ( He get the title text from the index.php)

How can i handel this?

Hi

Greetings from Germany and Thanks for the Contribution.

This Contribution is working for me fine. I only need help on one thing:

I have duplicate titel and description Tags in the "categorie" View. ( He get the title text from the index.php)

How can i handel this?

Do you mean the View option in page control? If so, that will only show the home page of index.php so it isn't a problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It looks OK. Try running the Header Tags test function to see if it finds any problems.

Jack

I am receiving the following error when running Test w/o HT being activated is true because I reset the HT code in the non-Header Tags in the pages. The Index.php and Product_Infor.php pages are not showing errors when I load the default header tag code.

Missing Database Error: explain

The Header Tags entry is missing from the configuration group table.

The following error with STS enabled:

Missing Database Error: explain

The Header Tags entry is missing from the configuration group table.

STS Error: explain

STS is running and the head code in the information_page.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the specials.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the gemstone_directory.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the product_reviews_info.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the testimonials.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the contact_us.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the product_info.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the allprods.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the jewelry.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the product_reviews_write.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the shop_by_price.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the reviews.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the links.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the tracking.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the links_submit.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the index.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the featured_products.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the product_reviews.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the gemstone.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the all-products.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

Do I need to remove the Header Tags Code from all pages for it to operate?

Edited by turquoi1

Yes, for it to work properly, only one installation method can be used. You can just remove the code from one page, like index.php, for a test though.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Do you mean the View option in page control? If so, that will only show the home page of index.php so it isn't a problem.

Jack

Hi Thanks for the answer but i dont mean that.

Look here:

http://www.mgsl.de/demo/muster-kategorie-c-32.html

It has the same title (Demo Online-Shop) like the index.php

http://www.mgsl.de/demo/index.php

How can i change that?

You can go in the admin (login:admin / pw: test)

and change it if you can :)

Hi Thanks for the answer but i dont mean that.

Look here:

http://www.mgsl.de/demo/muster-kategorie-c-32.html

It has the same title (Demo Online-Shop) like the index.php

http://www.mgsl.de/demo/index.php

How can i change that?

You can go in the admin (login:admin / pw: test)

and change it if you can :)

You need to run fill tags and then set the category option for index.php in page control.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Guys,

I´ve installed this great feature and everything seems to work fine, unless when I click on a category on the index page the following error message appears on top "Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/httpd/htdocs/plixxcbr/loja/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 66".

Also when I click on a sub-category the same error message appears and the top of the page is not alligned with the rest.

I supose these errors occur because I have not edited my header.php file.

The reason is my header.php file is encrypted and I cannot edit it. I´ve tried to replace it by the header.php suplied in this contribution but in this case a lot pages of my shop appear broken.

Does anyone has a comment or a suggestion?

Do you think that the error message is realy caused by the header.php file?

My site is www.plixx.com.br

Thanks in advance,

Edited by rochaesobrinho

Hello Guys,

I´ve installed this great feature and everything seems to work fine, unless when I click on a category on the index page the following error message appears on top "Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/httpd/htdocs/plixxcbr/loja/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 66".

Also when I click on a sub-category the same error message appears and the top of the page is not alligned with the rest.

I supose these errors occur because I have not edited my header.php file.

The reason is my header.php file is encrypted and I cannot edit it. I´ve tried to replace it by the header.php suplied in this contribution but in this case a lot pages of my shop appear broken.

Does anyone has a comment or a suggestion?

Do you think that the error message is realy caused by the header.php file?

My site is www.plixx.com.br

Thanks in advance,

The changes to the header.php file only allow the mouseover text to work. It can be ignored and the rest will run fine. I suspect your problem is that you didn't run fill tags yet.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons