[TEP STOP]

I 've checked if the table exists in the database and if

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
 define('TABLE_HEADERTAGS', 'headertags');
 define('TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT', 'headertags_default');
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

is added to database_tables.php.

What could be the problem?

Thanks for working with me Jack. I have folllowed your instructions and the index and category pages are now reading "default". Please direct me on what you recommend next.

They can't read default if you followed by instructions, unless you entered default into the boxes. If that is not the case, then you need to try my instructions again.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I've installed this contribution.

I just get this error when I want to test:

1146 - Table 'comwares_be.TABLE_HEADERTAGS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS

[TEP STOP]

I 've checked if the table exists in the database and if

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
 define('TABLE_HEADERTAGS', 'headertags');
 define('TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT', 'headertags_default');
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

is added to database_tables.php.

What could be the problem?

It means you didn't install it correctly. Search the instructions for TABLE_HEADERTAGS and make those changes.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

They can't read default if you followed by instructions, unless you entered default into the boxes. If that is not the case, then you need to try my instructions again.

Jack

I did follow your instructions. After I wrote this, the tags defaulted to my URL again. I also have gone back and verified each page script for accuracy and found no mistakes. I sure hope you can help. Could there be a conflict with STS? I have STS installed and followed your instruction for STS Only shops. I do not have STS turned on though. Would these "STS Only" changes have a negative effect if STS is not turned on? I am going back now to remove STS in case there is a conflict. I appreciate any additional advice you can give.

It means you didn't install it correctly. Search the instructions for TABLE_HEADERTAGS and make those changes.

Jack

I did a search before and I was sure everything was installed correctly but I did a new search in all the instructions.

The database_tables.php was altered on catalog side but not on admin side. :blush:

So that's fixed for now, I'll run the test tomorrow.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Edited by Fure

Hi,

I have installed Header Tags SEO V 3.0 from catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2

I have this great contribution up and running. All my tags are filled and the 'test' runs fine.

Problem: I don't see the category name in the title when showing the category root on the client side. instead I get: --

I checked the categories_description table and all the tag fields are filled.

I have tried all of the admin->"Display Category Parents in Title and Tags" options but it doesn't seem to matter.

I checked and rechecked the installation and all seems fine.

Can you please advise? I'm not sure where else to look.

Thank you,

my shop if you may http://www.colors-etc.com/catalog

Eyal

How About an Open Source Car?

Set the admin->"Display Category Parents in Title and Tags to Full Category Path, clear your browsers cache and click around a few categories. They should display. if you are using a url rewriter contribution, try turning that off tempoairly so you can better see the path.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

In the page control, I tried to input for index.php page . Clicke update and got the following error.

Please help.

Thanks,

Di

1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'sortorder_title' at row 1

update headertags set page_title = 'Online fashion store', page_description = 'We sell handbag, jewlry, belt, sunglass, shoe and accessory.', page_keywords = 'handbag, jewlry, belt, sunglass, shoe and accessory', page_logo = 'new logo text', append_default_title = '0', append_default_description = '0', append_default_keywords = '0', append_default_logo = '0', append_category = '0', append_manufacturer = '0', append_product = '1', append_root = '1', sortorder_title = '', sortorder_description = '', sortorder_keywords = '', sortorder_logo = '', sortorder_category = '', sortorder_manufacturer = '', sortorder_product = '10', sortorder_root = '1' where page_name LIKE 'index.php' and language_id = '1'

Category name doesn't show in the page title.

Set the admin->"Display Category Parents in Title and Tags to Full Category Path, clear your browsers cache and click around a few categories. They should display. if you are using a url rewriter contribution, try turning that off tempoairly so you can better see the path.

Jack

Thanks you Jack. I have done what you suggested but still I don't see the category name title.

I have just noticed that my index page has the -- in the title too, so some description is missing there too, I think.

With that, the product page, product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=67 for instance, is showing the full title (with product name) as expected.

thanks,

Eyal

Hi,

In the page control, I tried to input for index.php page . Clicke update and got the following error.

Please help.

Thanks,

Di

1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'sortorder_title' at row 1

update headertags set page_title = 'Online fashion store', page_description = 'We sell handbag, jewlry, belt, sunglass, shoe and accessory.', page_keywords = 'handbag, jewlry, belt, sunglass, shoe and accessory', page_logo = 'new logo text', append_default_title = '0', append_default_description = '0', append_default_keywords = '0', append_default_logo = '0', append_category = '0', append_manufacturer = '0', append_product = '1', append_root = '1', sortorder_title = '', sortorder_description = '', sortorder_keywords = '', sortorder_logo = '', sortorder_category = '', sortorder_manufacturer = '', sortorder_product = '10', sortorder_root = '1' where page_name LIKE 'index.php' and language_id = '1'

Maybe you didn't enter a sort order value or used a non-number, although the code should catch that, I think.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Category name doesn't show in the page title.

Thanks you Jack. I have done what you suggested but still I don't see the category name title.

I have just noticed that my index page has the -- in the title too, so some description is missing there too, I think.

With that, the product page, product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=67 for instance, is showing the full title (with product name) as expected.

thanks,

If you see the correct information in admin, then the problem is either in the index.php file changes or the includes/header_tags.php file. Since both of those are supplied, it should be a simple matter of determining which.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi,

I have installed this great contri.

butt have one question about:

How can i get different title tags in my header for my categories and products.

i have tried on the page by fill tags but if i do that i got a title on my page but not in the title bar.

who can help me.

thanx,

roy

hi,

I have installed this great contri.

butt have one question about:

How can i get different title tags in my header for my categories and products.

i have tried on the page by fill tags but if i do that i got a title on my page but not in the title bar.

who can help me.

thanx,

roy

Maybe you didn't add the code to the head section. What does the test routine display?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you see the correct information in admin, then the problem is either in the index.php file changes or the includes/header_tags.php file. Since both of those are supplied, it should be a simple matter of determining which.Jack

I even went and completely replaced my modified index.php and includes/header_tags.php with original ones from the package - still no go.

In "Page control", if I remove the "Default Tags -> title:" for the index.php then I see ONLY the category name in the title.

In Page control, for index.php, enable "category" checkbox and insert an order (1,2,3,4, etc...) for each box you have checked.

All the boxes are checked in the page control but I'm sorry, I didn't get the "insert an order (1,2,3,4, etc...)" part.

Thank you so much for your help & patience!

Eyal

I even went and completely replaced my modified index.php and includes/header_tags.php with original ones from the package - still no go.

In "Page control", if I remove the "Default Tags -> title:" for the index.php then I see ONLY the category name in the title.

All the boxes are checked in the page control but I'm sorry, I didn't get the "insert an order (1,2,3,4, etc...)" part.

Thank you so much for your help & patience!

You have to enter text in the boxes for Page Control->index.php t have text show up on the home page. And beside each checkbox in page control, there is a box for the sort order. You have to enter a number in each one you have selected.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Maybe you didn't add the code to the head section. What does the test routine display?

Jack

hi i get this by test,

Test Results

Default Text Present: explain

The default root text, products new home, should be removed or changed for product_info.php with language ID of 4.

Duplicate meta description found: explain

for Netherlands

Geel-rode tuniek met steentjes exists more than once.

Missing Code in File explain

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

and this by show limit warning:

Test Results

The default root text, products new home, should be removed or changed for product_info.php with language ID of 4.

Duplicate meta description found: explain

for Netherlands

Geel-rode tuniek met steentjes exists more than once.

Title length warning: (Suggested range is 60 to 120 characters) explain

for Netherlands

The Title for Roze sjaaltje met bloem may be too short. It is 23 characters long.

for Netherlands

The Title for Grijs sjaaltje met bloem may be too short. It is 24 characters long.

The Title for Groen sjaaltje met bloem may be too short. It is 24 characters long.

The Title for Blauw geblokt sjaaltje may be too short. It is 22 characters long.

The Title for Bruin geblokt sjaaltje may be too short. It is 22 characters long.

The Title for Paars geblokt sjaaltje may be too short. It is 22 characters long.

The Title for Roze geblokt sjaaltje may be too short. It is 21 characters long.

The Title for Zwart met wit sjaaltje may be too short. It is 22 characters long.

The Title for Paars sjaaltje met motief may be too short. It is 25 characters long.

The Title for Wit met zwart sjaaltje may be too short. It is 22 characters long.

The Title for Paars sjaaltje met print may be too short. It is 24 characters long.

The Title for Blauw sjaaltje met print may be too short. It is 24 characters long.

The Title for Geel sjaaltje met motief may be too short. It is 24 characters long.

The Title for Blauw sjaaltje met motief may be too short. It is 25 characters long.

The Title for Paars sjaaltje met bloemetjes may be too short. It is 29 characters long.

The Title for Zwart met wit geblokte pet may be too short. It is 26 characters long.

The Title for Roze met zwart geblokte pet may be too short. It is 27 characters long.

The Title for Paars met zwart geblokte pet may be too short. It is 28 characters long.

The Title for Brede multicolor kralenarmband may be too short. It is 30 characters long.

The Title for Brede kleurige kralenarmband may be too short. It is 28 characters long.

The Title for Brede zwarte kralenarmband may be too short. It is 26 characters long.

The Title for Brede groene kralenarmband may be too short. It is 26 characters long.

The Title for Brede paarse kralenarmband may be too short. It is 26 characters long.

The Title for Brede grijze kralenarmband may be too short. It is 26 characters long.

The Title for Houten armband met groen may be too short. It is 24 characters long.

The Title for Houten armband met roze may be too short. It is 23 characters long.

The Title for Brede bruine kralenarmband may be too short. It is 26 characters long.

The Title for Witte armband met kleurtjes may be too short. It is 27 characters long.

The Title for Setje van 3 armbandjes may be too short. It is 22 characters long.

The Title for Zilver met turquoise armband may be too short. It is 28 characters long.

The Title for Zilverkleurige armbandenset may be too short. It is 27 characters long.

The Title for Zilverkleurige bedelarmband may be too short. It is 27 characters long.

The Title for Bruine armband met groene stenen may be too short. It is 32 characters long.

The Title for Armband met zwarte steentjes may be too short. It is 28 characters long.

The Title for Armband met transparante steentjes may be too short. It is 34 characters long.

The Title for Metalen armband met zwarte stenen may be too short. It is 33 characters long.

The Title for Paars armbandje met bedeltjes may be too short. It is 29 characters long.

The Title for Zwarte wrap ketting/armband may be too short. It is 27 characters long.

The Title for Armband met gelukspoppetje may be too short. It is 26 characters long.

The Title for Ronde roze oorhangers may be too short. It is 21 characters long.

The Title for Ronde gele oorhangers may be too short. It is 21 characters long.

The Title for Ronde paarse oorhangers may be too short. It is 23 characters long.

The Title for Ronde blauwe oorhangers may be too short. It is 23 characters long.

The Title for Kleine ronde oorhangers may be too short. It is 23 characters long.

The Title for Ronde oorhangers met bloem may be too short. It is 26 characters long.

The Title for Groen met roze oorhangers may be too short. It is 25 characters long.

The Title for Gele peace oorhangers may be too short. It is 21 characters long.

The Title for Grote zilverkleurige oorhangers may be too short. It is 31 characters long.

The Title for Creolen met kralen may be too short. It is 18 characters long.

The Title for Oorhangers met sterretjes may be too short. It is 25 characters long.

The Title for Witte oorhangers may be too short. It is 16 characters long.

The Title for Oorhangers met schelpjes may be too short. It is 24 characters long.

The Title for Oorhangers met tandje may be too short. It is 21 characters long.

The Title for Oorhangers met blaadje may be too short. It is 22 characters long.

The Title for Blauw sjaaltje met bloemetjes may be too short. It is 29 characters long.

The Title for Zwart sjaaltje met sterretjes may be too short. It is 29 characters long.

The Title for Ketting met buddha en zwart kruis may be too short. It is 33 characters long.

The Title for Ketting met buddha en wit kruis may be too short. It is 31 characters long.

The Title for Roze veterketting met bedels may be too short. It is 28 characters long.

The Title for Grote zilverkleurige ketting may be too short. It is 28 characters long.

The Title for Schakelketting met strass peacehanger may be too short. It is 37 characters long.

The Title for Ketting met strass haaientand may be too short. It is 29 characters long.

The Title for zilverkleurige kralenketting may be too short. It is 28 characters long.

The Title for Kralenketting met blaadje may be too short. It is 25 characters long.

The Title for Paarse houten kralenketting may be too short. It is 27 characters long.

The Title for Pastelroze kralenketting may be too short. It is 24 characters long.

The Title for Grote felroze kralenketting may be too short. It is 27 characters long.

The Title for Gele kralenketting met hart may be too short. It is 27 characters long.

The Title for Paarse kralenketting may be too short. It is 20 characters long.

The Title for Schakelketting met hart en steentjes may be too short. It is 36 characters long.

The Title for Goudkleurige ketting met bedels may be too short. It is 31 characters long.

The Title for Witte veterketting met grote hanger may be too short. It is 35 characters long.

The Title for Schakelketting met zwarte kralen may be too short. It is 32 characters long.

The Title for Grijze veterketting met buddha may be too short. It is 30 characters long.

The Title for Witte veterketting met buddha may be too short. It is 29 characters long.

The Title for Witte veterketting met bedels may be too short. It is 29 characters long.

The Title for Veterketting met bronskleurige buddha may be too short. It is 37 characters long.

The Title for Pastelgroene kralenketting may be too short. It is 26 characters long.

The Title for Ketting met hart may be too short. It is 16 characters long.

The Title for Kralenketting met kruis may be too short. It is 23 characters long.

The Title for Kralenketting met veel bedels may be too short. It is 29 characters long.

The Title for Lange houten kralenketting may be too short. It is 26 characters long.

The Title for Groene kralenketting may be too short. It is 20 characters long.

The Title for Multifunctioneel sieradenrekje may be too short. It is 30 characters long.

The Title for Superhandig oorbellenrekje may be too short. It is 26 characters long.

The Title for Roze geblokt horloge may be too short. It is 20 characters long.

The Title for Bruin metallic horloge may be too short. It is 22 characters long.

The Title for Roze metallic horloge may be too short. It is 21 characters long.

The Title for Grote grijze tas may be too short. It is 16 characters long.

The Title for Grote cremekleurige tas may be too short. It is 23 characters long.

The Title for Zwarte laktas met sliertjes may be too short. It is 27 characters long.

The Title for Grote zilverkleurige tas may be too short. It is 24 characters long.

The Title for Grote donkerbruine tas may be too short. It is 22 characters long.

The Title for Zwart Imoshion laktasje may be too short. It is 23 characters long.

The Title for Camelkleurig enveloptasje may be too short. It is 25 characters long.

The Title for Zwart enveloptasje may be too short. It is 18 characters long.

The Title for Grijs enveloptasje may be too short. It is 18 characters long.

The Title for Zwarte lak clutch may be too short. It is 17 characters long.

The Title for Witte lak clutch may be too short. It is 16 characters long.

The Title for Camelkleurige lak clutch may be too short. It is 24 characters long.

The Title for Zwarte tuniek met pailetten may be too short. It is 27 characters long.

The Title for Grijze tuniek met pailetten may be too short. It is 27 characters long.

The Title for Blauwe tuniek met pailetten may be too short. It is 27 characters long.

The Title for Grijze tuniek met v-hals may be too short. It is 24 characters long.

The Title for Zwarte tuniek met v-hals may be too short. It is 24 characters long.

The Title for Paars bloesje may be too short. It is 13 characters long.

The Title for Bruin bloesje may be too short. It is 13 characters long.

The Title for Wit bloesje may be too short. It is 11 characters long.

The Title for Zwart bloesje may be too short. It is 13 characters long.

The Title for Grijs bloesje may be too short. It is 13 characters long.

The Title for Paarse tuniek met riem may be too short. It is 22 characters long.

The Title for Turquoise tuniek met riem may be too short. It is 25 characters long.

The Title for Witte tuniek met riem may be too short. It is 21 characters long.

The Title for Bruine tuniek met riem may be too short. It is 22 characters long.

The Title for Tuniek met gele print may be too short. It is 21 characters long.

The Title for Tuniek met rode print may be too short. It is 21 characters long.

The Title for Gekleurde haltertop met panterprint may be too short. It is 35 characters long.

The Title for Roze haltertop met motief may be too short. It is 25 characters long.

The Title for Paarse haltertop met motief may be too short. It is 27 characters long.

The Title for Geel-rode tuniek met steentjes may be too short. It is 30 characters long.

The Title for Blauw-paarse tuniek met steentjes may be too short. It is 33 characters long.

The Title for Bruine Imoshion croco tas may be too short. It is 25 characters long.

Missing Code in File explain

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

hi i get this by test,

Test Results

The above needs to be fixed but wouldn't cause your problem. I don't know what else to suggest other than installing a blank shop and install Header Tags into it. If that works, which is should, then you can compare your files to find the mistake. A lot of posts appear here saying the index text won't display and the reason is almost always a mistake in the installation. So you may want to read back through and try the various troubleshooting techniques mentioned.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The above needs to be fixed but wouldn't cause your problem. I don't know what else to suggest other than installing a blank shop and install Header Tags into it. If that works, which is should, then you can compare your files to find the mistake. A lot of posts appear here saying the index text won't display and the reason is almost always a mistake in the installation. So you may want to read back through and try the various troubleshooting techniques mentioned.

Jack

hi jack,

on my index page i get the title and content etc. butt if i go to a category i dont get the name in the title also the same with product. my site is http://www.trendymusthaves.nl

I have also installed seo urls 5

roy

hi jack,

on my index page i get the title and content etc. butt if i go to a category i dont get the name in the title also the same with product. my site is http://www.trendymusthaves.nl

I have also installed seo urls 5

roy

First, you have to edit the code to get it to work with seo urls 5. There is a post in both threads for that. It the code has been changed and the title is displaying on the home page but not on the category page, then either the category title isn't filled in (check in the category edits page) or you don't have the category checkbox checked in page control for index.php.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello :)

Is possible to show in product_info.php title, category and subcategory of current product?

I only can show or category or subcategory :(

Thanks!!!

The full category path option should do that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

<!-- start sorry for poor english //->

Eyal Barouk:

For page index.php this is a sample:

oscom.jpg

NOT insert a duplicate values (eg 1,2,2,3...)

For Pillao (also for Eyal Barouk):

This setting is in: Configuration -> Header tags seo -> Display category parents in title and tags.

In this section enable "Full category path".

<!-- end sorry for poor english //->

Contribution "Sorry for poor english 1.0" is active only for oscommerce forum, not available for oscommerce store, sorry :blush:

Edited by alexwebbing