• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Then (as i posted) you might want to consider to add the require(... only in header.php and not on each individual page. This should give you tags on every webpage in your shop.

Paul

I´m not sure that i understand you here.. add the require(... what do you mean..?

I dont know if you saw my later post where i was wondering about the <!--$headcontent-->

I dont get my extra pages to have their own title and meta tags since i dont know where or how to ad <!--$headcontent--> in the extra_information_pages.php

as you can se in the earlier post i tried som different code but when i try to ad pseudo pages i get error: File http://www.xxx.xxx/extra_info_pages.php is not using Header Tags.

so i have to figure how to put correct code in that file...

There isn't any place in the instructions where it says to add $headcontent to the files. Please follow the instructions for installing in STS shops and you won't have any problems.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

There isn't any place in the instructions where it says to add $headcontent to the files. Please follow the instructions for installing in STS shops and you won't have any problems.

Jack

So why does i get the error that extra_info_pages.php doesnt use headertags, when i try to add pseudo pages?

So why does i get the error that extra_info_pages.php doesnt use headertags, when i try to add pseudo pages?

Have you added extra_info_pages.php via page control? Does it show up in the list?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Solan,

The page that you post has the header and footer included which is where STS is included. I agree with jack, when you have added the page in pagecontrol it should work. Can you otherwise post the headertags that you get now? My guess is that htc is actually there but the tags are empty (because you have not defined content yet)

Paul

Yes its there... and i fill in title and saves... But when i try to ad pseudo page i get that error all the time..

and when i go to customer area i se the same title for all my extra pages..

Solan,

The page that you post has the header and footer included which is where STS is included. I agree with jack, when you have added the page in pagecontrol it should work. Can you otherwise post the headertags that you get now? My guess is that htc is actually there but the tags are empty (because you have not defined content yet)

Paul

:blush: now its my bad english computer talk understandig again..

Can you explain like i was two years old *LOL*

:blush: now its my bad english computer talk understandig again..

Can you explain like i was two years old *LOL*

Open extra_info_pages.php in your browser, then rightclick, view source (or similar function depending on your browser) and post the first few lines (everything between <head> and </head>. That should give us details where to fix the problem.

Paul

Oh, THANK you! :rolleyes:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html dir="LTR" lang="sv">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>Kundinformation</title>
<meta name="Description" content="Frakt och returer, hitta till oss, kontakta oss, köpinformation, om företaget, om våra storlekar, vårda dina skor." />
<meta name="Keywords" content="skovård, frakt, returer, köpinformation, storlekar, företaget," />
<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />
<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

<base href="http://www.xxx.xxx/">

<!-- start get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<!-- end get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
margin-left: 100px;
margin-top: 20px;
margin-right: 100px;	
}
-->
</style>
<body style="background-image: url(http://static1.grsites.com/user/folders/Dragonessa/r3769031/gradient25936822.png); background-repeat: repeat; background-color: #6600aa; ">
</head>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><style type="text/css">
<!--

Edited by Solan

A new version has been uploaded. It contains the following changes:

-> Corrected mistakes in includes/functions/headertags.php for the "Standard" problem.

-> Corrected mistake in admin/categories.php regarding TinyMCE for products.

-> Corrected mistake in admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php as pointed out by Paul (pbor1234).

-> Corrected some html coding errors in admin/headertags_seo.php.

-> Added the version number to the title in page control. This may not be kept up with but it will at least show a minimum version.

-> Added code to allow for extra logo text since many sites have more than one image in the header.*

-> Removed the update sql files since they are not longer useful.

*This option may not be obvious in its use. I added some explanation in the package but this will expand on that a little. Many sites use more than one logo in the header. There might be a main logo and one for a special product that is on sale. This option will allow the alt text for both to be controlled separately. There is now a radio button at the end of the logo box in Page Control. Clicking that will open a popup where the fields for that page can be changed. Once an entry is made, the background color of that box in Page Control will change to indicate that. To actually use the new field, the code for the image has to be changed. It is the same change as described for the main image but instead of using the field name logo_text, it is logo_text_1 (through 4). As with the regular logo text, the root option has to be set to use these. A side effect of this is that the new fields can be used anywhere on the page, not just in the header. So if you would like a way to add extra text relating to the page being displayed, you can do it with this option.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack for your update.

I´ve been working with this contrib for many hours now trying to get my extra_info_pages.php to work with this.. And finally when i´ve done it over and over again i got to the result that when i "test" the HTS i get STS Error:

STS is running and the head code in the extra_info_pages.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

BUT now when having this error and i go and try adding a pseudo page that page id finally shows in my dropdown list *hurray* but now as i try to change the title in the HTS, the page still shows like nothings been changed in customer area.. Isnt that the point, that my extra pages shall have their own titles in customer area?

PS. The first extra_info_pages.php is still in the drop down list a long with my new pseudo page.. shouldnt that be removed? DS.

PS. The first extra_info_pages.php is still in the drop down list a long with my new pseudo page.. shouldnt that be removed? DS.

No, the main page has to be in the list, as mentioned previously.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded. It contains the following changes:

-> Corrected mistakes in includes/functions/headertags.php for the "Standard" problem.

-> Corrected mistake in admin/categories.php regarding TinyMCE for products.

-> Corrected mistake in admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php as pointed out by Paul (pbor1234).

-> Corrected some html coding errors in admin/headertags_seo.php.

-> Added the version number to the title in page control. This may not be kept up with but it will at least show a minimum version.

-> Added code to allow for extra logo text since many sites have more than one image in the header.*

-> Removed the update sql files since they are not longer useful.

*This option may not be obvious in its use. I added some explanation in the package but this will expand on that a little. Many sites use more than one logo in the header. There might be a main logo and one for a special product that is on sale. This option will allow the alt text for both to be controlled separately. There is now a radio button at the end of the logo box in Page Control. Clicking that will open a popup where the fields for that page can be changed. Once an entry is made, the background color of that box in Page Control will change to indicate that. To actually use the new field, the code for the image has to be changed. It is the same change as described for the main image but instead of using the field name logo_text, it is logo_text_1 (through 4). As with the regular logo text, the root option has to be set to use these. A side effect of this is that the new fields can be used anywhere on the page, not just in the header. So if you would like a way to add extra text relating to the page being displayed, you can do it with this option.

Jack

Hi Jack,

I have just started to install it (localhost) but I get after typing http://www.mysite.com/headertags_seo_install.php and pressing enter:

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO headertags VALUES ('index.php', 'New Home Page Title', 'new description', 'new keywords1,keywords2', 'new logo text', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1')

[TEP STOP]

I am on oscommerce-2.2rc1-FR-w3c-3 (french) and I am testing it in my localhost area and not online.

What do I have to do?

Thanks

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1 W3C Valid FR avec : colissimo_v1.9 // CGV // GoogleXML_sitemap - Update -> googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.5 // Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1d - Update -> v22d_12 // AntiRobotRegistrationValidation-3.1 // TinyMCE WYSIWYG HTML EDITOR // HEader Tag SEO 3.1.4 // PDF Invoice 1.5 // Specials_enhanced_v1_3_1 // quick_stock_update_v3.5_FRENCH // xmembers_v2.2 // contact_us_form_in_db_with_amin_v1.1 // photo_display_1 // previous_next_with_details // infoBox Admin v.2.25 // whosonlineturbov1.1fr // customer_discount_v1.3 // flash_bannersv2 // Horizontal_menu_V3 // Loginbox_Best_1 // CCGV // XSell_v2_7_2 // Printable Catalog XSS Flaw Fixed // all_specials_slideshow // Birthdays_v1.4 // Search_price_range_pulldown_menu_1.1 // contrib-categories // Reviews_in_Product_Display_v2.3 // Easy Graphical Borders // Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with Fancy Popups V1.3.5 // Guestbook V3.0 // Blacklist_IP_v.3 // Quicker Product Edit v2.1 // Chronopost_2010 // Easy Center // Size Shop with Layers // Safari-Chrome_fix // Protection to Configuration v1.3a // Page_Cache_v1.6... Thanks to everyone!

I'm not sure you understood my question since you said "they do." I'm asking if there is an entry in the dropdown list in Page Control for information.php? There should be only one such entry. If the pseudo pages were added, then those will be there too. But without the first, the rest can't be added, though you should get an error.

Jack

Maybe i missunderstood this post? :blush:

Hi Jack,

I have just started to install it (localhost) but I get after typing http://www.mysite.com/headertags_seo_install.php and pressing enter:

I am on oscommerce-2.2rc1-FR-w3c-3 (french) and I am testing it in my localhost area and not online.

What do I have to do?

Thanks

Arrgh! I fixed one problem and caused another. I thought I had tested that. It is a mistake in that file. To fix it, please change this text

$htc_sql_array = array(array("INSERT INTO headertags_default VALUES ('Default title', 'Default description', 'Default Keywords', 'Default Logo Text', '0','1','1','1','0','0','1','1','0','0','0','0', '1')"),
					 array("INSERT INTO headertags VALUES ('index.php', 'New Home Page Title', 'new description', 'new keywords1,keywords2', 'new logo text', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1')"),
					 array("INSERT INTO headertags VALUES ('product_info.php', 'products new home', 'products new description', 'products new keywords1,keywords2', 'products logo text', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1')"),
					 array("INSERT INTO headertags VALUES ('product_reviews.php', 'Product reviews', 'Product reviews', 'Product reviews', 'Reviews logo text', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1')"),
					 array("INSERT INTO headertags VALUES ('product_reviews_info.php', 'Product reviews info', 'Product reviews info', 'Product reviews info', 'Reviews logo text', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1')"),
					 array("INSERT INTO headertags VALUES ('product_reviews_write.php', 'Product reviews write', 'Product reviews write', 'Product reviews write', 'Reviews logo text', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1')"),
					 array("INSERT INTO headertags VALUES ('specials.php', 'specials', 'specials', 'specials', 'Specials logo text', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1')"));

to this

$htc_sql_array = array(array("INSERT INTO headertags_default VALUES ('Default title', 'Default description', 'Default Keywords', 'Default Logo Text', '0','1','1','1','0','0','1','1','0','0','0','0', '1')"),
					 array("INSERT INTO headertags VALUES ('index.php', 'New Home Page Title', 'new description', 'new keywords1,keywords2', 'new logo text', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1')"),
					 array("INSERT INTO headertags VALUES ('product_info.php', 'products new home', 'products new description', 'products new keywords1,keywords2', 'products logo text', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1')"),
					 array("INSERT INTO headertags VALUES ('product_reviews.php', 'Product reviews', 'Product reviews', 'Product reviews', 'Reviews logo text', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1')"),
					 array("INSERT INTO headertags VALUES ('product_reviews_info.php', 'Product reviews info', 'Product reviews info', 'Product reviews info', 'Reviews logo text', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1')"),
					 array("INSERT INTO headertags VALUES ('product_reviews_write.php', 'Product reviews write', 'Product reviews write', 'Product reviews write', 'Reviews logo text', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1')"),
					 array("INSERT INTO headertags VALUES ('specials.php', 'specials', 'specials', 'specials', 'Specials logo text', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1')"));

I'll upload a fixed version after it has been tested to see if there are any other problems.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Maybe i missunderstood this post? :blush:

All of those "add pages" contributions come with smoe physical file that you have to upload. That has to be added as a normal page and added to the list. Then, each of those contributions allow you to create new pages that are not real, in the sense that an actaul file exists. Those are called pseudo pages, in Header Tags terms. They have to be added using the pseudo option in Page Control. I don't know how to explain it any differently so I hope that helps.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok then I think I understand what pseudo is. What I wonder now is if the pseudo-pages will show and have their own titles in the header tag?

Now each pseudo page id, do not appear with its own title in customer area... They still have the same title for all pseudo.. (everyone else have their own titles..)

Ok then I think I understand what pseudo is. What I wonder now is if the pseudo-pages will show and have their own titles in the header tag?

Now each pseudo page id, do not appear with its own title in customer area... They still have the same title for all pseudo.. (everyone else have their own titles..)

You have to set up the pseudo pages in the dropdown list in page control.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Of course Jack :) , I´ve been doing that but my pseudo pages still have the same title as the extra_info_pages.php file i added first.. None of the pseudo pages seems to change title in customer area.. even tough i add title in page control for eachh pseudo page..

Of course Jack :) , I´ve been doing that but my pseudo pages still have the same title as the extra_info_pages.php file i added first.. None of the pseudo pages seems to change title in customer area.. even tough i add title in page control for eachh pseudo page..

I think we've gone as far with this as possible. If you have installed the file changes correctly and entered them into page control and edited them correctly, then it should work. It might be some little thing you are doing that is not right or maybe there is a bug in the code but it isn't something I can solve in this setting.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

ok, but can you please tell me what file i shall look in if each of my pseudo pages dont show their own titles? is it my own extra_info_pages or can it be one of the other files?

(And then i wonder if someone else is having the extra info w/admin and got it working with this contrib?)

I found out that i need to give my extra pages external links to, for example shipping.php, in order to have this contrib to function. Now my shipping.php privacy.php conditions.php and contact_us.php work fine with titles in customer area.. now i have to find out how to make my other pages with extra pages to work fine aswell..

Do i have to remove my pseudo pages i added in the first place for shipping and so on? Do i do that in my database?

Thanks..

Argh <_< i thought that i could proceed with my how to operate but now it seems that i have problem when i:

4) Go to admin->catalog, click on a category and then on edit. At the bottom of

the edit section to the right, you will see a large box for Categories Description.

The text you enter here will appear under the title on the category page for

this category. This is useful for your customers but is also good for the search

engines, as long as the text contains mention of the keyword for that page

(which is usually the category name).

When i press update and go to customer area ----> catalog----> category i se the text i added in the category description on that page under category name???

And when i try to edit the text in admin to blank i get this (in customer area)

customer_area.jpg

And further when i go back to admin---> catalog----> category and then on edit i see this:

wrong_admin.jpg

I dont know if im going to cry or what... Is there a easy fix for this problem?

You made a mistake in the edots for the admin/categories.php file. Pleae see the troubleshooting instructions in the install file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Your pain in the butt is back...

Database/File Mismatch Error:

Files not in the includes/header_tags.php file:

headertags_seo_install.php

headertags_seo_uninstall.php

Just upload the includes/header_tags.php file and enter page control again to fix it.

That didn't work. I actually had to delete the entries in the headertags table.

Will that cause any ill effects?

Duplicate title found:

for English

All-Purpose Gloss Set exists more than once.

Aluma Yellow Pearl exists more than once.

Artic Blue Metallic exists more than once.

...etc... for a total of 71 products.

You have to pick one and look it up on the site to see what the problem is.

I searched the database, concentrating on the products and products_description tables.

The only source I could find for the duplicate entries is that I have the same title for products in different categories.

Example:

Category = 3oz. Spray Paint | Product = Aluma Yellow Pearl

Category = 1/2oz. Paint Bottles | Product = Aluma Yellow Pearl

Is that a real problem that should be corrected?

Such as changing it to:

Category = 3oz. Spray Paint | Product = 3oz. Aluma Yellow Pearl

Category = 1/2oz. Paint Bottles | Product = 1/2oz. Aluma Yellow Pearl

Sorry I had to bother you again about this Jack. :(

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -