• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi Jack,

Need your help please it should be an easy one. I did not do the initial install of headertags so I do not know what version I am using, is there a way fo me to find out? as I wish to upgrade but I do not know from which version.

This leads me to my next question will it matter if I just upgrade to the latest version if not then I guess my first question is irrelevant.

Regards

Chris

Better to be looked over than overlooked!

Hi Jack,

Need your help please it should be an easy one. I did not do the initial install of headertags so I do not know what version I am using, is there a way fo me to find out? as I wish to upgrade but I do not know from which version.

This leads me to my next question will it matter if I just upgrade to the latest version if not then I guess my first question is irrelevant.

Regards

Chris

No, there isn't a way to tell. The only problem with upgrading to the last one is that some database changes may be missed. If you don't care about losing your current titles and tags, then you can upload all of the files and run the uninstall and install scripts. Otherwise, you have to go through each one.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I'm installing Header Tags SEO v3.1 on a clean instal of osCommerce and everythings working fine except for 2 things:

1) I get the following warning on all pages on the store:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/aland0/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Even though the permissions are set to read-only for all (444).

I know your add-on checks some file permissions and thought I might have done something wrong or not uploaded an updated file.

2) on category pages and product info pages (but not on the store home page) I'm seeing the text 'path Standard' at the very top of the page:

<head>
path Standard <title>Olive Oil - Alanda Foods - shop online catering delicatessen deli gourmet</title>

Again I might have done something wrong or not uploaded all your files.

In case you're interested the output of header_tags_test.php is:

Test Results

Duplicate title found: explain

for Castellano

exists more than once.

for English

exists more than once.

Duplicate meta description found: explain

for Castellano

exists more than once.

for English

exists more than once.

Missing Code in File explain

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

Many thanks,

Pete.

1) I get the following warning on all pages on the store:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/aland0/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

2) on category pages and product info pages (but not on the store home page) I'm seeing the text 'path Standard' at the very top of the page:

1 - That's a server permissions setting that doesn't have anything to do with Header Tags. Search the forums for a solution since it gets asked daily.

2 - Check the last few pages for the fix. It is a mistake in one of the files and I haven't had time to upload a clean version.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't have a suggestion for the first one. That code is the same as it has been for years and no one has reported such a problem so it would seem to be a problem in your installation, although I don't know what that might be. You can leave that code out if you want. It would be better, for the search engines, if it were in, but it is not required for the contribution to do its main job.

The second is due to the html of your page. Try moving that code to a different loaction. Be sure to insert it after a </tr>.

Jack

Jack, I was having problems with my right column in the product info page being bumped down to the bottom of the page so I tried moving this code..

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
<tr>
<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_VIEWING; ?> 
<?php echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . $header_tags_array['title']; ?></a></td>
</tr>
<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

several places in the product_info file. Including after a </tr>.

Anyway, I moved it to the very end and the page displays correctly now. I hope situating that at the end isn't a problem otherwise.

Thanks

Steve

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

No, it doesn't matter as long as it looks right on the page.

Jack

Good.

Tomorrow I tackle the admin install. Got distracted by Jack Bauer going after bad guys on TV. :)

Thanks

SK

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Hey Jack,

Quick easy question...

With me updating from version 3.0.4 to 3.1.3 will I lose all my META information that I already have filled out for products?

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Hi, Jack,

Thanks for this great contrib. I mean it is the best addon I have ever seen.

I just got it installed; everything looks cool beside one issue. I am seeing words "path Full Category Path" showing right above the store logo. If I removed the below SEO code, "path Full Category Path" will go away. I know "Full Category Path" is from ADMIN config setting 'Display Category Parents in Title and Tags". If I set that value to "Standard", I will see "path Standard" in the same location right above the store logo at upper-left corner. I went through "header_tags.php", but I can not figure out why I am getting that.

<?php

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<?php

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

?>

Any idea? Thanks,

Jason

Hey Jack,

Quick easy question...

With me updating from version 3.0.4 to 3.1.3 will I lose all my META information that I already have filled out for products?

Not as long as you apply the database updates in the update files and not use the uninstall/install files.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, Jack,

Thanks for this great contrib. I mean it is the best addon I have ever seen.

I just got it installed; everything looks cool beside one issue. I am seeing words "path Full Category Path" showing right above the store logo. If I removed the below SEO code, "path Full Category Path" will go away. I know "Full Category Path" is from ADMIN config setting 'Display Category Parents in Title and Tags". If I set that value to "Standard", I will see "path Standard" in the same location right above the store logo at upper-left corner. I went through "header_tags.php", but I can not figure out why I am getting that.

Please search the thread for Standard using the thread search tool below or just go back a few pages. This is always a good idea to do in any support thread to save yourself and others time.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,Jack

Nice contrib. Just got it installed. When I clicked "Test" in Admin, I saw the below error:

Database/File Mismatch Error: explain

The number of file entries in the database (1) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (7).

Files not in the database:

index.php

product_info.php

product_reviews.php

product_reviews_info.php

product_reviews_write.php

specials.php

When I tried to click "explain" to see some details, it gave me an empty popup.

If I tried to refresh the test result page, it will show below warning/errors:

Warning: require(includes/languages/espanol/header_tags_seo.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bdb0305/public_html/admin/header_tags_test.php on line 16

Warning: require(includes/languages/espanol/header_tags_seo.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bdb0305/public_html/admin/header_tags_test.php on line 16

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/espanol/header_tags_seo.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bdb0305/public_html/admin/header_tags_test.php on line 16

My store is using English. I am not sure why it is trying to go to "espanol" folder to get "header_tags_seo.php". I of cause did not have the file at that location. And after the above error, my Admin will totally switch to spanish.

Can you help me out?

Jason

Hi,Jack

Nice contrib. Just got it installed. When I clicked "Test" in Admin, I saw the below error:

Database/File Mismatch Error: explain

The number of file entries in the database (1) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (7).

Files not in the database:

index.php

product_info.php

product_reviews.php

product_reviews_info.php

product_reviews_write.php

specials.php

If you haven't ran fill tags, please do so. If you have, then replace the includes/header_tags.php file and run the uninstall and install database scripts. That should fix the above.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Not as long as you apply the database updates in the update files and not use the uninstall/install files.

Jack

Thank you Jack ;)

I had nightmares of relisting 400+ product tags. :wacko:

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

If you haven't ran fill tags, please do so. If you have, then replace the includes/header_tags.php file and run the uninstall and install database scripts. That should fix the above.

Jack

Thanks, Jack. I cleared that problem by following your above instructions.

But another issue still presents. When I click "explain" in the Test Result page to see some details, I got an empty popup with URL of ".../admin/header_tags_seo_popup_help.php?language=english".

Not sure what I did wrongly here.

One doesn't usually see the lanugage extension in the url unless the language selector is chosen. You might want to check the default language to make sure it is English since you shouldn't have to switch. Also remove any language you don't plan to use, including the language files in both admin and the shop.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed Header tags SEO but in my admin page under the configuration portion for SEO url's I'm getting the following message at the top of my screen. Any ideas?

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/content/b/d/f/bdfdesign/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Every other section appears to be working okay, I haven't turned it on because of the error.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Jack,

Is there any way to increase the number of keywords on a page like maybe index.php?

I can only enter 10 or 12 keywords but I would like to ad a few more.

Thanks, Rickey

I installed Header tags SEO but in my admin page under the configuration portion for SEO url's I'm getting the following message at the top of my screen. Any ideas?

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/content/b/d/f/bdfdesign/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Every other section appears to be working okay, I haven't turned it on because of the error.

Thanks for the help.

This is the support thread for Header Tags SEO. Please ask in the support thread for Ultimate SEO for problems with that contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Is there any way to increase the number of keywords on a page like maybe index.php?

I can only enter 10 or 12 keywords but I would like to ad a few more.

Thanks, Rickey

You can add as many keywords as you wish, though it is a mistake, as explained elsewhere in this thread. The only thing that limits the number of them is the size of the field in the database. If it doesn't provide enough room, then you will need to increase its size.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

One doesn't usually see the lanugage extension in the url unless the language selector is chosen. You might want to check the default language to make sure it is English since you shouldn't have to switch. Also remove any language you don't plan to use, including the language files in both admin and the shop.

Jack

Thanks, Jack. You are right. I just checked and found out that I got the Spaish set as the default language. I am not sure how that happened. After I set English as defualt language, I got the right popup with explaination messages inside.

Hiya,

I have just installed this add on and all is working great apart from a couple of bits. I had the path Standard thing show up, which I sorted out, but it has affected another addon I have installed. It is the Discount Coupons one which is now showing like this in admin:

BOX_CATALOG_DISCOUNT_COUPONS

It doesn't go anywhere now either. :(

Also I am getting the same in the modules section:

BOX_MODULES_BUYSAFE

Although this works when clicked. I don't use this feature, but it should still be correct. Any ideas?

Edited by Whiskers

It appears you uploaded the included files instead of merging them. You'll need to restore the changes you overwrote and re-install the changes by hand.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have read every were and it says to do the same thing ..

1. Create a folder in admin named "backups" <--- my folder is already there

2. Check admin/includes/configure.php make sure

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

is there, and it is, other wise I couldnt post it...

3. Change permissions to the folder to 777 , done that as well , now i still get the error

Error: Backup directory does not exist. Please set this in configure.php.

In my admin page ... can anyone help me.. I have gave myself three head aches trying to figure this out....

Also!

My banner changed when I added "headertags_SEO" to my site... it reset to OsCommerce banner and I cant get it to change back! Please help!

When I go to admin banner manager and load the pic i want to use, (like i did befor headertags_seo) it dont work...

I am new to php stuff but have a good brain, but im stumped..;.

Both problems occured after headertags_php install