• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I just noticed something else... In my admin panel, under Header Tags SEO, each of the options appears 3 times. So I have:

Automatically Add New Pages true Info

Check for Missing Tags true Info

Display Column Box false Info

... etc., you get the picture. What in the world did I do there? :blush:

Thanks!

The database commands were somehow ran more than once. If you haven't put a lot of working into the Header Tags tags, then just run the uninstall and install files to reset it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I got this error when trying to uninstall the SQL: 1091 - Can't DROP 'products_head_title_tag'; check that column/key exists.

It seems the update sql doesn't have everything on board somehow, I suppose that's the reason this column did not exist !?

The reason I came by this problem, was because of of a wrong language ID (dutch), after installing the whole new SQL file (manual in phpadmin) this problem seems tackled also.

Maybe Jack can take a look inside, I don't have the php or sql knowledge to do so. (I'm just a little bit pregnant)

I got this error when trying to uninstall the SQL: 1091 - Can't DROP 'products_head_title_tag'; check that column/key exists.

It seems the update sql doesn't have everything on board somehow, I suppose that's the reason this column did not exist !?

The reason I came by this problem, was because of of a wrong language ID (dutch), after installing the whole new SQL file (manual in phpadmin) this problem seems tackled also.

Maybe Jack can take a look inside, I don't have the php or sql knowledge to do so. (I'm just a little bit pregnant)

Sorry My faillure I think, I started back in January installing with version 3.1.0 and the products_head_title_tag was inside, somehow after the updates it was lost.

But the problem I was looking for, the language ID , still gives me this these code:

]<html dir="LTR" lang="nl">
<head>
[b]<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">[/b]
<title>bla bla bla-</title>
<meta name="Description" content="blablabla" />
<meta name="Keywords" content="blablabla" />
<meta name="googlebot" content="all" />
[b]<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-US" />[/b] 
<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />
<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" />
<meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days" />
<meta name="robots" content="index, follow" />
<meta name="no-email-collection" value="http://www.website.nl" />
[b<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-US" /> b]
<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

<base href="http://www.pyroballoons.nl/retail/">

<!-- start get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<!-- end get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
[b]<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"[/b]>

- I suppose for text in Dutch <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-US" /> isn't ok, what could be the reason?

- And these is 3 times inside the header, any ideas ? <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"

I'm sorry but I can't follow all of the problems you've posted. If it is just the lanugage meta tag, you can edit that in includes/header_tags.php.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

In the new update Header Tags SEO V 3.1.2 you say that there is make some change for tinyMCE editor. is it possible to install this version without tiny editor (i have FCKeditor).

Or could you make some change so us with FCKeditor could use this version too.

In the new update Header Tags SEO V 3.1.2 you say that there is make some change for tinyMCE editor. is it possible to install this version without tiny editor (i have FCKeditor).

Or could you make some change so us with FCKeditor could use this version too.

TinyMCE doesn't require any canges to the code other than to include some additional code while FCK requires changes. So if someone has TinyMCE installed, the code in Header Tags will automatically work. For FCK, it owuld require additional changes and that would cause and already difficult install to be more difficult so those won't be added. However, if you have FCK installed already, then it is just a matter of changing a line or two in admin/categories.php to get it to work with Header Tags. The admin settings won't work for it but if you are going to install it, those wouldn't be used anyway, most likely.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

HI Jack,

Should this not be done automaticaly, when you select another language? If so are there any known issues causing this?

No, that tag is supposed to declare the primary language of the site. The code should automatically change it to the default language but I didn't think to add it. The language meta tag is not meant to tell the search engines what language is to be used. That happens when a different language is selected.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Then you have your answer.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Could you please be more specific. As I can't figure out what mean by "Then you have your answer."

Thanks

Rene

Hi Jack,

Could you please be more specific. As I can't figure out what mean by "Then you have your answer."

Thanks

Rene

One of my earlier replies stated

If you can view the description in admin and everything else is working correctly, which both seem to be true, then the problem has to be with the edits of the index.php file in the shop
You said you could view them in admin so that only leaves one option. There is now an index.php file in the contribution package so you should be able to use that to isolate the problem.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

One of my earlier replies statedYou said you could view them in admin so that only leaves one option. There is now an index.php file in the contribution package so you should be able to use that to isolate the problem.

Jack

Jack, Header Tags was working fine. I ran the "test"in Admin and it stated I had a table missing in the dtabase. I reinstalled the database using PHP My Admin and received an error and lost all of my header tags. The error I am receiving is:

Database/File Mismatch Error:

The number of file entries in the database (20) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (57).

Files not in the database:

12aug2008index.php

.wysiwygpro_preview_index_html.php

links_setup.php

shipping.php

jewelry_sizing.php

links_db_update.php

products_new.php

native_american_jewelry_new_items.php

native_american_jewelry.php

shopping_cart.php

dynamic_sitemap.php

popup_image.php

popup_links_help.php

advanced_search.php

info_shopping_cart.php

conditions.php

oldindex.php

links_submit_success.php

.wysiwygpro_edit_index_html.php

native_links.php

advanced_search_result.php

fixperm.php

jewelry_cleaning.php

redirect.php

guarantee.php

tell_a_friend.php

gemstones.php

turquoise_jewelry.php

wishlist.php

wishlist_public.php

indian_jewelry.php

cookie_usage.php

download.php

turquoise_mines.php

privacy.php

01oct2008index.php

19dec2008index.php

For those have files and or database errors:

Replace the includes/header_tags.php file.

Run the headertags_seo_uninstall.php file.

Run the headertags_seo_install.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The database commands were somehow ran more than once. If you haven't put a lot of working into the Header Tags tags, then just run the uninstall and install files to reset it.

Jack

Ok, I was able to (finally!) figure out the problem and fix it by having the configure files re-written. They must have been damaged or something... Anyway, I can see everything working and the errors that were showing in the admin “test” that I mentioned before are gone. :)

Now, the problem I have is that all the titles, descriptions and keywords (for all categories and more than 400 products) that I had with HTC are gone. They don't show in the database either. I am not sure how I managed to erase those, but I am trying to find the best way to re-integrate those without messing anything else (my shop is live).

I have a database backup that I could use, but I need your advise so as to how to transfer that specific info. Could you help me out, here? I can do it through phpMyAdmin, I just need guidance as to what to do first and what not to do, etc. I just want to put the categories and products info from an older db backup into the new database, which has new information (orders, customers, etc.).

I lost my ratings and now I am soooo close I don't want to screw up, so I would really appreciate it you gave me some guidance, because you know a LOT more than I do about this stuff. :blush:

Thanks!!!

Yol

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

The Header Tags items in the categories, manufacturers and products tables are part of the tables. you can export them but you would have to export all of the information. As long as none of the tables have changed, you can just export them all from the old database and import them into the new. Other than that, the only way I can think of is to write a script that will extract the data from the old database and save it for upload to the new database, which wouldn't be a quick job.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The Header Tags items in the categories, manufacturers and products tables are part of the tables. you can export them but you would have to export all of the information. As long as none of the tables have changed, you can just export them all from the old database and import them into the new. Other than that, the only way I can think of is to write a script that will extract the data from the old database and save it for upload to the new database, which wouldn't be a quick job.

Jack

But how do I do that? Can you walk me through the process?

Thanks! I really appreciate your help!

Yol

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

One of my earlier replies statedYou said you could view them in admin so that only leaves one option. There is now an index.php file in the contribution package so you should be able to use that to isolate the problem.

Jack

Thank you for your answer Jack.

The problem is that the contri works great in English.

Not in Dutch. I am using the same (Dutch)text in Enlish and Dutch and I can see both in Admin.

Everything is the same in FILL TAGS

First I completed the installation in Englisch. It Worked. Then I installed the Dutch language contri and added the changes for Header tags to work in Dutch.

Then it went wrong. Dutch is not showing the tags in the source code.

These are the source pages:

English:

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html dir="LTR" lang="en">

<head>

<title>L-Carnitine - (energie en vetverbrander) capsules a 700mg</title>

<meta name="Description" content="L-Carnitine capsules a 700mg 100 stuksà € 14,95 gratis bezorgt." />

<meta name="Keywords" content="L-Carnitine, gewicht, dieet, afvallen, capsules, vetten, vetzuren, spieren, energie, ATP, sporters, voeding, sport, fitness, vetverbranding, uithoudingsvermogen, glycogeen, hart, bloedvaten, cholesterolgehalte, HDL/ LDL, anti oxidanten, vitamine C, E, melkzuur, overgewicht" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<base href="http://127.0.0.1/toest/">

</head>

Dutch:

<html dir="LTR" lang="nl">

<head>

<title>New Home Page Title</title>

<meta name="Description" content="new description" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="new keywords1,keywords2" />

</head>

Thank you for your answer Jack.

The problem is that the contri works great in English.

Not in Dutch. I am using the same (Dutch)text in Enlish and Dutch and I can see both in Admin.

Everything is the same in FILL TAGS

First I completed the installation in Englisch. It Worked. Then I installed the Dutch language contri and added the changes for Header tags to work in Dutch.

Then it went wrong. Dutch is not showing the tags in the source code.

These are the source pages:

English:

<html dir="LTR" lang="en">

<head>

<title>L-Carnitine - (energie en vetverbrander) capsules a 700mg</title>

<meta name="Description" content="L-Carnitine capsules a 700mg 100 stuksà € 14,95 gratis bezorgt." />

<meta name="Keywords" content="L-Carnitine, gewicht, dieet, afvallen, capsules, vetten, vetzuren, spieren, energie, ATP, sporters, voeding, sport, fitness, vetverbranding, uithoudingsvermogen, glycogeen, hart, bloedvaten, cholesterolgehalte, HDL/ LDL, anti oxidanten, vitamine C, E, melkzuur, overgewicht" />

</head>

Dutch:

<html dir="LTR" lang="nl">

<head>

</head>

Hi Jack,

I just installed Header Tags SEO 3.1.2

I have the same problem now with German Language.

See Source page German as under:

<html dir="LTR" lang="de">

<head>

<link rel="canonical" href="http://127.0.0.1/test/index.php?cPath=21" />

<base href="http://127.0.0.1/test/">

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<!-- header //-->

But how do I do that? Can you walk me through the process?

Thanks! I really appreciate your help!

Yol

There are threads on the forums that explain how to copy database tables, or you can create a new thread, but it is not something that can be handled in this support thread.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I just installed Header Tags SEO 3.1.2

I have the same problem now with German Language.

Try this. Go to Page Control and select the index.php entry from the dropdown. Then take a full screen shot and post it here.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the Header Tags SEO add-on.

After reading through this thread for a while I wonder how you have any time to write contribs with all the time you spend supporting users!

Anyway, I've installed the add-on and it's running nicely on a production store.

My issue is with the number of keywords allowed in each field, my wife (who's store this is) is attending an e-Business course, which includes some basic SEO training. Her tutor advocates putting around 50 keywords in the Keywords meta tag, we came up with a list of about 40 but the Keyword(s) field only stores the first 27 or so:

<meta name="Keywords" content="shampoo, shampoos, conditioner, conditioners, make-up, make up, shower, gel, gels, soap, soaps, cleanser, baby, bath, green, Andalucia, Costa del Sol, Malaga, Málaga, Spain, Casares, Jimena, moisturizer, moisturiser, moisturizers, moisturisers, toiletries" />

Is there any way to raise the limit?

Many thanks,

Pete.

My issue is with the number of keywords allowed in each field, my wife (who's store this is) is attending an e-Business course, which includes some basic SEO training. Her tutor advocates putting around 50 keywords in the Keywords meta tag, we came up with a list of about 40 but the Keyword(s) field only stores the first 27 or so:

Is there any way to raise the limit?

You would need to increase the size of the field in the database. However, I suggest not listening to that advice since it is not correct. The only time keywords help a page is if they are used in the content of the page. Most pages can't handle anymore than three keywords. To support 50 would require so much text it would bore your customers. If you need to target more than three or four keywords, which most sites do, then create other pages for them, unless they already exist.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There are threads on the forums that explain how to copy database tables, or you can create a new thread, but it is not something that can be handled in this support thread.

Jack

I understand. I guess what you were saying is to export the database, make the necessary changes to the categories and products, and then import it again. I will try that...

In any case, thanks so much for your help, and for this contribution!!!

Yol

Edited by jailaxmi

I understand. I guess what you were saying is to export the database, make the necessary changes to the categories and products, and then import it again. I will try that...

In any case, thanks so much for your help, and for this contribution!!!

Yol

Jack,

I exported, changed and then imported the database. It's working fine now. Thanks!!!

Jack_mcs,

I installed Header Tags SEO v.3.0.8 a few months ago and really like it. I noticed today that you are up to version 3.1.2.

My question is: I want to upgrade to version 3.1.2, so do I have to go and download and install each successive version (ie: 3.0.9, 3.1.0,3.1.1) before I install 3.1.2? Or is there a simpler way to upgrade directly to 3.1.2? I don't want to miss a step or some file(s). In your update docs you have the progression to update for each new version successively, but none that shows how to upgrade a with a past (non- successive) version, if you know what I mean. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-Ken

Try this. Go to Page Control and select the index.php entry from the dropdown. Then take a full screen shot and post it here.

Jack

Printscreen%20Header%20Tags%20SEO.jpg

Hi Jack,

In English I have only "Select a File, Show all files and Add Missing Pages. Add missing pages gives no result.

In German I have: index, product_info, product_reviews, product reviews_write and specials.

See printscreen

Thanks in advance

Rene

Edited by nextimes